Your Favorite Partner?

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

What’s a profession that you love teaming up with in SPvP or WvW?

Over the past few weeks, I’ve noticed a lot of really good synergy with Lockdown Mesmer, particularly CI, and a RtW Ranger. Both classes can provide a lot of control and breathing room for each other, and allow Phantasms + Rapid Fire to do their work.

You can see this at work a good deal in Chaos Archangel’s video here. He’s playing CI Mesmer, and I’m running Read the Wind/Survival of the Fittest on my ranger. In the first big fight at Quarry, thanks to a smart portal play, we were about to kill an Engi that had a Necro +1 the fight for him, followed by a +1 from a Mesmer.

Irxallis on Youtube is another Mesmer that I watch. He posted this video when the Rapid Fire changes were implemented. Mostly it’s how to deal with LB Rangers. Aside from showing how the two classes may be on even footing (probably more in the Mesmer’s favor if he was using MoD), he had a great WvW clip about their synergy and the LB Role.

Trapper rangers are also worth noting. I’ve been in 2v3s with Stickerhappy playing his Ranger, while I was on my mesmer, versus a coordinated team and the constant movement and immobilizes was enough to throw them for a loop.

So, as whichever your preferred build is, what’s your favorite profession to run alongside?

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I would say my favorite partner is the s/d thief in my guild. We have some pretty awesome synergy and we 2v4 other gank squads in wvw quite constantly. We are both pretty hard to kill as well so that works out

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

d/p thief + staff/gs mesmer , rly gotta love coordinated bursts

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’ve always found that it tends to be the give/take that makes a team really work.

With your ranger at my back, I can leap into the middle of a fight with CI Staff Mesmer as if I’m some deranged warrior and go absolutely ham. I can do my thing and anytime I’m caught offguard or flanked/outnumbered you simple thin the swarm with a barrage of arrows. That Melee/ranged dynamic duo (er.. Trio if we include the pet. Sextet if we include the clones. Giggity) we have is fantastic.

I also love staff ele/ lockdown Mesmer. I swear I will guard the hell out of a staff ele and immobilizing enemies in their AoEs? Plus all the combo fields!? Sign me up.

Someone be my staff ele. =[

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Another DPS class. I love thief a lot (dp pref. sd is great but dp has better synergy with us) as well as DPS medi guard.

Pineapples rule

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Anyone who doesnt die on inc.

Honestly, player skill I love, don’t care of the class.

So rare, so precious

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

For me my partner is a d/d thief. He doesn’t use that much stealth so the focus isn’t always on me.
That and we both have multiples of our favourite classes so we often play two zones either both human or both asura.
Oh and engi I love engi’s though my friend has a habit of laughing at my lack of speed when we are just running around the map.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

(edited by Dei Veien.2456)

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Warrior, Guardian, or Necro. I find having something with good sustain compliments my torment bombing numerous enemies.

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

A decent thief.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

In order..

Thief (a smart and decent one)
Second Mesmer (non-PU)
Guardian ( a smart one, not these Medi soft spikes)
Engineer (lots of CC or maybe even a turret troll)
Elementalists – (D/D seems to be the only type these days but at least it offers some Heals and condition help)

After that we’re into much less preferred and yet still in order

Warriors – out for themselves and dont offer much in the way of help beyond meat sponge / hope i dont get spotted

Rangers – Another selfish class, maybe ok for back up DPS to my own Bursts but they aren’t going to hold any ones attention away from me

Necros – Just a wobbling damage sponge or a wobbling DPS/half glass damage sponge. They’re usually ignored until the more dangerous professions are removed (IE Mesmers) which means I often just get focused more.. not a good buddy to have.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I can work biz with anyone, but I’ve always preferred a good Thief. Just something brutally awesome about the two “misdirection/sneaky” classes teaming up to smack hell out of folks.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

In order..

Thief (a smart and decent one)
Second Mesmer (non-PU)
Guardian ( a smart one, not these Medi soft spikes)
Engineer (lots of CC or maybe even a turret troll)
Elementalists – (D/D seems to be the only type these days but at least it offers some Heals and condition help)

After that we’re into much less preferred and yet still in order

Warriors – out for themselves and dont offer much in the way of help beyond meat sponge / hope i dont get spotted

Rangers – Another selfish class, maybe ok for back up DPS to my own Bursts but they aren’t going to hold any ones attention away from me

Necros – Just a wobbling damage sponge or a wobbling DPS/half glass damage sponge. They’re usually ignored until the more dangerous professions are removed (IE Mesmers) which means I often just get focused more.. not a good buddy to have.

What do you mean by selfish class?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

wvw: Thief hands down.
pvp: Celes Guardian

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

offers little to no Boon support or healing, limited to 0 CC.

Yes a Ranger can run a full spirit build as a support but i wouldn’t want to be partnered up with one of those on my Mesmer either.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Rangers have a ton of CC! Mine runs with a 20-second cool down immobilize, Entangle every 48 seconds, a knock back on a really short cool down, spider immobilizes randomly AND when I want it too, wolf has a random knockdown and on-demand fear.

I think the amount of long-lasting immobilizes a Ranger can bring is a perfect counter to Classes with stability that give Mesmers trouble. That includes other rangers. I feel like if I know a ranger is going to peel for me, I feel way safer than I would with a thief.

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

It depends on the spec I’m running.

CI Lockdown
Best partner is a thief or a ranger with immobs. Anytime you’re running dps, Thief is going to be a devastating combo. People tend to really panic when they see mesmer/thief combo and for good reason… Rangers help to further lock down enemies. The fight quickly becomes too overwhelming for them if they continue to be interrupted.

Condition Specs
Engineer is always fun teaming with due to their high amount of CC, which allows the conditions to quickly eat away at enemies. Also, with so much AI in the way of turrets and clones, it becomes a congested on-point battle for the enemy.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: JesseBensen.4817

JesseBensen.4817

My favorite 2 man Wvw roaming duo has always been mesmer/thief. Preferably a Tanky PU mesmer with a close to glass cannon backstab thief. I tank, he spanks. -Priest of Lyssa

Your Favorite Partner?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Lord.5687

Blood Lord.5687

Interesting, Being a Mesmer i’d have to say overall some good Mesmers then Thieves by my side if were in a group roaming. But PvP style, i’d probably prefer a cele dd ele, ive had some really good eles pick right up on my shatters. Then i get their nice healing to keep me goin ^^ ty eles. But if I’m ele i prefer to play S/F, what goes better with an ele than another ele as your working in fire they blasting with earth skills and rotation between you two harmonizes its incredible. hopefully haha
a year ago i would’ve said gaurdian either way, but why fight along someone who is just supporting, when you could have your partner doing both high DPS and supporting all in one.

Majestic Royales ~ Champion Illusionist (R80)
Apex Prime [ApeX] , BlackGate