Your Top 5 Favorite Traits? Why?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

People like to complain about lack of build variety, but it really all depends on what aspects of the game you’re playing, and how much effort/practice you put into your build. Traits that are terrible to some can be golden to others, so I’m curious to see what traits people favor. I put top 5 instead of top 3 because I know for a fact Deceptive Evasion and Illusionary Persona are gonna dominate the list and I was hoping to give some other traits some spotlight.

For me, personally.
5) Bountiful Interruption - Never liked this trait before the patch, now I get hype when I see an enemy group. RNG-Gambling for 25xMight is pretty fun.
4) Chaotic Dampening - I carry the staff so much people think I’m a Sylvari stripper.
3) Warden’s Feedback - I can’t take the focus without this. In my build, the focus gives me perma swiftness, crazy retaliation, condition cleanses, AoE pull w/chance of ungodly might (Bountiful Interruption), and reliable reflects if I make sure to stick my face into the curtain/warden.
2) Restorative Mantras - Takes a bit of practice to get good at, but incorporating it with MoPain and MoRecovery really adds a unique playstyle to builds.
1) Illusionary Persona - Its just.. Too good. This trait is such a huge benefit to any build that I sort of feel like Mesmer should have this by default.

With an Honorable Mention to Restorative Illusions. 4k heals without using my Skill 6?! (Shatter three clones twice with iPersona) Sign me up.

HIGHEST RATED

• Based on number of votes and their ranking order.

1) Deceptive Evasion (53 points)
2) Illusionary Persona (39 points)
3) Prismatic Understanding (30 points)
4) Chaotic Dampening (21 points)
5) Warden’s Feedback(15 points)

• If you did not list them in any order, each got 1 point.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Shall we assume you want the major traits only in the responses, or can we include minor as well? I assumed the latter …

5) Illusionists Celerity – It’s less of a favorite after the nerf, but post-nerf, I’ve found ways to use it so as to lessen the need to completely rely on this trait plus the weapon cool down traits like we all used to.
4) Blade Training – one of the cheapest traits you get so much from; not only the shorter cool downs (especially when running two swords in separate hands), but the extra 50 precision.
3) Chaotic Dampening – Does so much, similar to blade training. Can turn a glass cannon shatter mesmer into a defensive stalwart.
2) Bountiful Interruption – love it, one of the shining spots in my paladin support build and one of the best traits to take in any interrupt build.
1) Warden’s Feedback – this has to be #1 for me, as it’s arguably the strongest mesmer trait we have (along w/DE and IP).

This is probably heresy, but Illusionary Persona and Deceptive Evasion don’t even make the top 5 for me. I don’t use either in any of the builds I run, though I know they are amazing traits and extremely strong in certain builds. That fact alone (and I’m sure I’m not the only one who doesn’t use these) proves there are plenty of mesmer builds to choose from. Build diversity is every bit as high as the pre IC patch in my opinion.

That’s a cool thing about this thread – you will see answers all over the map and they will likely be based on the builds folks are running, which I believe will further prove build diversity is high. Of course there will be some subjectivity involved in the responses due to your question of “what’s your favorite”, but I believe in the end you’ll get a good idea of which traits are best, assuming you have a decent sample size.

One other thing – you should do a survey on the least favorite traits.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MacLeod.4208

MacLeod.4208

5) Empowered Illusions
4) Master of Manipulation
3) Deceptive Evasion
2) Chaotic Dampening
1) Duelist’s Discipline

CD reductions are invaluable to me, at least in WvW. Unfortunately I can’t afford to put 25 points in Illusions for Illusionist’s Celerity.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

5) Chaotic Dampening – This is more a nod to my favorite weapon than it is to the trait. I love the staff, and 20% more of it is a welcomed addition. The fact that it stacks with Illusionists Celerity means “hella backdash yo”.

4) Debilitating Dissipation – While my staff love sees less use from DD than when I swap to my sword or scepter, it deserves my praise. Clones die. Clones die kind of a lot. They get stabbed, burned, maimed, shot, trampled, overwritten and forgotten. These clones will never know their true potential. DD ensures they go out with a pop rather than a wimper. It’s like a mini contingient shatter. There are others like it, and when taken en masse, the results are highly amusing, but DD is my favorite.

3) Bountiful Interruption – I like interrupt builds. They’re not amazing or meta or anything, but I played an interrupt mesmer in Gw1 and I kind of miss it just a little. But for how infrequently interrupts actually occur, you can’t afford to be dainty with your interrupt traits. Since its update, BI is no longer dainty, with a sizable might stack on top of its random boons. Combine with Domination’s rainfall of vulnerability on daze and interrupt and the spike potential is palpable. But don’t be greedy. Share the fun with your friends with Signet of Inspiration!

2) Prismatic Understanding – Stealth specs are fun, but PU really makes them glow. It’s the kind of trait I love in a capstone. That is to say that a build doesn’t completely fall apart in its absense, but gains so much by having it. It augments the already improved survivability of a stealth ability and tosses some love at the formerly disowned torch.

1) Imbued Diversion – Did I mention I liked interrupt builds? Illusionary Persona gets a lot of love, and deservedly so, but I love ID. On an interrupt-bolstering build, it turns Diversion into boon and condition nuke the likes of which would make Chaos Storm blush. When your success comes down to a die roll, your best bet is to roll a crap ton of dice.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I.. COMPLETELY forgot about Warden’s Feedback. Definitely needs to be on my list.

@Clockwork – Dat backdash! And its interesting to see Imbued Diversion as your number one. If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of build do you run?

in Mesmer

Clockwork Bard.3105

@Clockwork – Dat backdash! And its interesting to see Imbued Diversion as your number one. If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of build do you run?

I’ve been playing around a lot with it. It’s my current mesmer obsession, though I’ll admit, it’s really hard to work around and I haven’t narrowed in on the build I want. I tend towards a heavy Chaos investment, because I can get Bountiful Interruption, which can proc huge with ID. Add Signet of Inspiration, stir vigorously.

I’m flirting with 10/0/30/0/30 and 0/0/20/20/30 sort of spreads, but I’ve not yet sunk my teeth into exactly what I want yet. I just know that pressing ID’s F3 has lead to some of my most jaw dropping moments, and it’s a feeling I’d like to continue pursing, even if only as a fun time spec.

(edited by Clockwork Bard.3105)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

This survey is surely monitored by anet! What we like will be nerfed, so my favorite is retaliatory demise.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

For the 0/0/20/20/30, I’d actually trait the Scepter instead of the focus. The +200 Condition Damage rocks (especially if you grab Signet of Domination for another +180) and a traited Scepter can apply Torment almost constantly

I’ve run a 0/20/20/0/30 build focused on keeping the enemy suppressed (Lockdown Maestro in my guide) that’s been a lot of fun. People have been using it in PvE (which sort of surprised me, I expected it more for WvW) and I can definitely vouch that Deceptive Evasion + Imbued Diversion = “Bwahahaha!”

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

I’ve been playing around a lot with it. It’s my current mesmer obsession, though I’ll admit, it’s really hard to work around and I haven’t narrowed in on the build I want. I tend towards a heavy Chaos investment, because I can get Bountiful Interruption, which can proc huge with ID. Add Signet of Inspiration, stir vigorously.

I’m flirting with 10/0/30/0/30 and 0/0/20/20/30 sort of spreads, but I’ve not yet sunk my teeth into exactly what I want yet. I just know that pressing ID’s F3 has lead to some of my most jaw dropping moments, and it’s a feeling I’d like to continue pursing, even if only as a fun time spec.

Nice, 10/0/30/0/30 is fun, fun to play. I’ve been running Imbued Diversion with Chaotic Interruption in the following build – jaw dropping moments galore :-)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-ChillRuption

Those two GM traits could easily have made my list, but there are just too many others.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Nice, 10/0/30/0/30 is fun, fun to play. I’ve been running Imbued Diversion with Chaotic Interruption in the following build – jaw dropping moments galore :-)

Those two GM traits could easily have made my list, but there are just too many others.

That ChillRuption build is boss, btw. So much fun.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

This survey is surely monitored by anet! What we like will be nerfed, so my favorite is retaliatory demise.

Surely this. Anet must be watching this the WHOLE time to find what they can nerf, break or bug on the next update…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

Surely this. Anet must be watching this the WHOLE time to find what they can nerf, break or bug on the next update…

Soon we’ll be nerfed to the point where our only weapons and abilities will be from SaB… and we’ll still win and be called OP.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Clockwork Bard.3105

Aye, I like ChillRuption a lot. Only on the mesmer board could something that awesome exist. It’d be laughed off at face value anywhere else, before they could know such joy.

Chaotic Interruption sort of dangled in the nebulous area of honorable mention for my list. On one hand, I really like it. On the other, I can’t take it at the same time as both Bountiful Interruption and Chaotic Dampening. It’s a cruel world we live in where I have to make such choices. Since I already had two interrupt based traits, I decided to let it fall off in the interest of list diversity.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

I have played around a lot with so many different Mesmer builds. I’ve played support(Chaos Maestro build), Phantasm, Shatter (Osicat), and all kinds of Hybrid builds. But now I am playing a condition build and loving it, so these are my top 5 traits after playing all these builds.

5. Illusionary Persona- I like this trait a lot and it is absolutely core in chatter builds. That said I personally don’t like it that much but that is just because I like staying away from the enemy unless stealthed.

4. Wardens Feedback- Makes the Focus shine brighter than it already does, not to mention the reflect is great when running with a zerg in WvW. Just can’t say enough good about this trait.

3. Chaotic Dampening- Great trait that makes anyone wielding the staff a staff a much harder target to kill. Having all these skills on a lower cooldown allows you to spam clones, conditions, boons, and damage. Also overlooked here is that it reduces your Trident cooldowns aswell, so if your a condition Mesmer your trident now hits like a truck, even if your not though 5 is useful for catching people running and 2 is still a blind.

2. Deceptive Evasion- A must have on everyone except a Phantasm Mesmer. This skill is great, instant clone production on whatever weapon you have. So if you have a staff you’ll get more conditions, or a group of swordsmen and wipe every boon on a guardian in seconds. Clone production is a key in most builds due to how many traits benefit from having lots of clones out, so this trait takes maximum advantage of every single one of these traits.

1. Prismatic Understanding- This is definitely a bias pick but I can’t live without prismatic understanding, with this trait you’ll always proc regen, protection, and aegis, not to mention the extra stealth length. One thing to note here is that whenever you proc regen you will proc protection(most of the time due to cooldown) because of the minor traits you pick up in Chaos.

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

That ChillRuption build is boss, btw. So much fun.

Aye, I like ChillRuption a lot. Only on the mesmer board could something that awesome exist. It’d be laughed off at face value anywhere else, before they could know such joy.

Thanks guys – would love to hear your experiences playing with the build if you wanted to share in the build thread!

As for this thread, for some reason coming up with a list of favorite traits is easier than doing the same for skills/utilities.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samiell.1259

Samiell.1259

1. Critical Infusion. It’s the basis of Mesmer play. We’re hard to hit.
2. Deceptive Evasion. Meat shields, bombs, condition bombs, utility solders. This is the most diverse trait I think we have due to the amount of uses it develops.
3. Prismatic Understanding. As much as I love the new trait I don’t need it for the bulk of my builds. That’s the only reason it’s not higher in my list.
4. Imbued Diversion. Hits 5 people. Amazing.
5. Halting Strike. Although I haven’t played with it enough, its now much more juicy.
I have way more to go but 5 should due.

Black Ops supply line disruptions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

For the 0/0/20/20/30, I’d actually trait the Scepter instead of the focus. The +200 Condition Damage rocks (especially if you grab Signet of Domination for another +180) and a traited Scepter can apply Torment almost constantly

Did I miss something? Is Malicious Sorcery finally working properly with Illusionary Counter!? When did this happen?

As for my top 5:

1: Deceptive Evasion: The best source of clones for most of my builds.

2: Prismatic Understanding: I like stealth. I love sleath with this trait.

3: Wardens Feedback: Sooo much utility. It’s hard to pass up when using a focus, which is also chock full of utility.

4: Blade Training: I dual wield swords often. Best bang for the buck by far in my current build.

5: Illusionary Persona: Although I’m not running a shatter build at the moment, it’s too good to not make the list.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Clockwork Bard.3105

I’ve run a 0/20/20/0/30 build focused on keeping the enemy suppressed (Lockdown Maestro in my guide) that’s been a lot of fun. People have been using it in PvE (which sort of surprised me, I expected it more for WvW) and I can definitely vouch that Deceptive Evasion + Imbued Diversion = “Bwahahaha!”

Whoops, that post slipped by me.

I sided with the focus to lower the cooldown on Temporal Curtain, so I could pop Into the Void more often. I’ve been gradually weening my characters off of condition damage, and the mesmer was one of the first to get that treatment. I tend to jostle between sword and scepter anyways, depending on how I’m feeling. Not sure what your gear should be; when in doubt just P/V/T.

Deceptive Evasion isn’t off the table. (I don’t think it ever can be.) The first time I tried it with a shatter-esque build in the mists, the unbriddled hurt I put on Utahein and Svanir about brought tears to my eyes. I was unaware they could be such chumps. If I went that route, it would be, without hint of doubt, 0/20/20/0/30. I gots to, gots to, have mah Chaos. I’d might dual swords on that build. Cuz, swords. (Edit: Wait, no… both pistol and focus can interrupt better… blast. But “cuz, swords” is such compelling logic…)

(edited by Clockwork Bard.3105)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

“Cuz, swords.” Is exactly my Sw/Sw logic.

Also “Cuz, Drizzt.”

@Gaia: I didn’t check the timer tbh, but I was running iCelerity with Malicious Sorcery and the Scepter’s counter recharged almost exactly as the last torment stacks wore off.

@Skcamow: You know.. It probably would’ve been a smart idea to make those threads for guide info. “Top 5 Least Favorite Traits” & “Top 5 Favorite/Least Favorite Skills”

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

1. Illusionary Persona
2. Illusionists Celerity
3. Deceptive Evasion
4. Prismatic Understanding
5. Cleansing Conflagration

/edit: I forgot:
0. Critical Infusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

5: Deceptive Evasion
4: Sharper Images
3: Chaotic Transference
2: Chaotic Dampening
1: Illusionary Persona

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

5: Deceptive Evasion
4: Chaotic Dampening
3: Bountiful Interruption
2: Halting Strike
1: Critical Infusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

1. Deceptive Evasion: While not a necessity in every build, the vast majority of shatter and condition builds out there seem to use this trait. The amount of clone generation this provides is amazing and a must-have if clones are integral to your build.

2. Illusionary Persona: Always having Diversion and Distortion available to use, even without clones out, is fantastic. Add on the fact that this trait offers a serious increase in damage as well, and there is no denying its significance for the class.

3. Prismatic Understanding: Since its recent buff, this skill provides tons of protection, regeneration, and aegis. Additionally, the extra second of stealth is great for getting stomps or escaping danger. A must-have trait for many builds, my own included.

4. Cleansing Conflagration: Despite the torch being somewhat of a niche weapon, this trait is amazing. It provides the mesmer with more frequent stealth from The Prestige, which helps offset the fact that many mesmers no longer have Illusionist’s Celerity to reduce the CD on Decoy. On top of that, it also provides amazing condition removal. One condition is removed for The Prestige, one is removed when you cast iMage, and every time the iMage’s projectile bounces to you, you get another condition cleansed (this can happen every 6s or so).

5. Warden’s Feedback: This basically turns the focus into a non-stop reflecting machine. While I don’t run focus in any of my builds, I have a profound appreciation for the massive amount of utility this trait provides to an already useful weapon.

Also, I only listed major traits because it seemed more relevant to list the trait slots which offer us several choice, but Critical Infusion, Sharper Images, and Shattered Strength all would get honorable mention from me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Iperson, deceptive evasion and the boon stripping one are all nice. The vigor on shatter is fun and useful in pve. For example in CoE you need to dodge a lot, and say necros have trouble maintaining enough energy. This trait really helps them there.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

I dunno if i can give u 5…. But i can only give 2.

Deceptive Evasion
Simply too Good. The clone we created can be used in many ways according to our F Mechanics. Kinda useful too for teamplay to confuse enemies.

Halting Strike
For Power Based like me. This trait makes interupt become more rewarding

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Prismatic Understanding – maybe just as much because it caused me to focus more on stealth as for what it does

Duelists Discipline – duelist is my favorite phantasm, plus longer range and more frequent magic bullet is good

Greatsword Training – my other favorite weapon and phantasm

Phantasmal Fury – crit chance for phantasms is awesome

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Hate to sound like a fanboi, but you gotta give ANet some credit where it is due. First off, there are still plenty of viable builds even after the last patch laid on some nasty nerfs. I think overall they probably have upped build diversity for Mesmers, even if it took the toning down of some builds to make others and new ones more competitive.

Secondly, I have to hand it to them on the boost to interruptions. I only have BI right now, and have been highly skeptical of calling interruptions a viable thing to build around —as in rely on them happening enough to be viable--, but I have to say the more I’m getting into BI the more I’m starting to lean towards the other interrupt traits as well. You start kinda getting the hang of it after a while, and as stated above doing AE interruptions on groups is YUMMY!

Before I felt interruptions were pretty random and hard to rely on, but really we have quite a few means of AE and ST interrupts, and once you start trying to interrupt you will get better and better at it and can start to rely on it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

First off, there are still plenty of viable builds even after the last patch laid on some nasty nerfs.

It depends on your definition of Viable.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Ok, heres my attempt at making my top 5 past midnight, ill probably edit it tomorrow too >_>:

Ong ive literly been staring at the screen for 5 minutes but i cant choose D:

1. Ilussionist’s celerity, i just never make a build without this trait!
  1. Deceptive Evasion. More clones, more fun ^__^
  2. Ilussionary Persona. When i first tried this trait out in the beta i was afraid i was going to kill myself, but it ended up being so much better :D.
  3. sword mastery… Is that whakittens called? Uhm… Yea, duelling IV, because sword is my favourite weapon and i still carry the one i found as random drop when i was level 3 with me :D. Its a glyphic sword :).
  4. chaotic dampening. I only recently learned how to use this trait properly, and oh my, have i been missing out!
  5. Mental torment. DNG (thats me trying to “say” mind wrack). I usually avoid taking this trait in pve or wvw, as i can sinply take more damage gear to compensate. But in spvl this trait is simply mandatory in shatter uilds… Your burst becomes really pathetic without it :(.
  6. glamour traits, because i like glamours! Theyre the mos basic support mesmers have acces to, but still very effective! Using them more often or when reviving is just amazing.
New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

iPersona, DE and PU for easy reasons. Theres really a huge difference between those traits and the others.
The same huge difference can be found with warden’s feedback and other training traits (torch and pistol are also great, but this one?).
My last choice goes to iElasticity, i see a lot of potential for this trait and id pay if it could work with staff clones. Three hits mirror blade, 6 stacks of confusion from iMage, 4 hit magic bullet are also good.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

Although I would like to learn to play without it I have to say that Deceptive Evasions is a must, unfortunately. So:

- Deceptive Evasions
- Prismatic Understanding
- All weapons CD reduction
- Illusionary Persona
- Bountiful interruption + Signet of Domination. Really like the combo

in Mesmer

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

1. Warden’s Feedback
2. Deceptive Evasion
3. Halting Strike
4. Illusionary Persona
5. Debilitating Dissipation

in Mesmer

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

1. Deceptive Evasion
2. Illusionary Persona
3. Shattered Concentration
4. Illusionary Invigoration
5. Mental Torment

I’m a pure shatter mesmer.

this…………..

downed state is bad for PVP

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

UPDATED – 8/1/13

I did not expect Deceptive Evasion to blow away iPersona like that.

Nor did I expect the love to Warden’s Feedback & Chaotic Dampening

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wenrolio.8063

Wenrolio.8063

Right now my top three are:

1. Shattered Conditions
2. Empowering Mantras
3. Halting Strike

I run 10/30/0/30/0, primarily in wvw. I switch traits around often to either focus on mantras/daze/interrupts or phantasms. Utilities vary, but most often, mantras of recovery, distraction, and concentration along with blink and mass invis. Full zerkers gear and ruby orbs. Great at dishing out the pain, and very fun to try to keep alive.

I also find that the trait layout is extremely flexible with weapon/armor swaps.

Asuran -Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, and underlevel Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

mostly run 20/20/0/0/30 shatter build…..GS + Staff

ranking based partly on overall strength/effectiveness and whether it facilitates a fun playstyle.

1) deceptive evasion………..ridiculously useful for survive-ability in pve (mesmer is brutal to level until you get this trait) and wvw……..and for shatter damage/on-clone death traits.

2) iPersona……..makes our class mechanic shatters amazing (stronger mindwrack and the on-shatter effects of the others entirely on demand without clones).

3) Prismatic Understanding…..incorporating stealth skills into your playstyle makes boon sharing builds amazingly fun (and extremely rewarding) to play. don’t use it on my main builds, but it is way too great not to list.

4)Chaotic Dampening……mesmer staff is my favorite weapon for any class (despite skill 4 being terribad), and this allows me do all the things i love quicker.

5) Halting strike…..Makes me want to play a more tactical shatter game. F3 becomes a mini-mind wrack and GS5 ends up pretty fantastic….and i just prefer it over the GS cooldown trait.

HM) iElasticity…..would be #5 if it worked on staff clones. I prefer using GS and Staff……so more might stacks on GS and more boons/enemy conditions on staff. Makes my build much more effective.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

1) Glamour Mastery (Because I use at least 1 glamour in pretty much all my builds.)

2) Cleansing Conflagration (My fav build atm uses torch and this is amazing and gives a lot of condition removal since the bounce from iMage removes a condition from you as well as when you actually summon him.)

3) Restorative Mantra (Simply amazing on demand group heal. Really wish it would increase with healing power but a solid 2.5k even on a build that doesn’t stack it is amazing.)

4) Chaotic Dampening (If I run staff I take this no matter what)

5) iPersona is simply possibly the best trait in the game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Avish.7938

Avish.7938

1) Deceptive evasion – Clone factory.
2) Illusionary Persona – Invulnerability, damage, interrupt, and confusion on demand.
3) Warden’s feedback – Reflects all day.
4) Illusionary Invigoration – Saved my life so many times when trying to run inside a tower in WvW, having that extra distortion when you need it.
5) Critical infusion – all those dodges with near permanent vigor and sigil of energy, synergises with Deceptive evasion

The Elonian, The Gangnam, The Sunspear, The Kournan, The Vabbian, The Istani.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

-Harmonius Mantras – for more hps with mor and my best friend moc and sync with Mender`s Purity
-Restorative Mantras – great heal output more effective then most traits

-iPersona – best trait, anyway it doesnt spend any slot
-Illusionary Invigoration – Excatly for distortation
-Deceptive evasion – and other best trait..

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

1, 2, 3 and 4) X training, because I love faster cooldowns
5) …that one that gives faster glamour cooldowns.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

1) Illusionary Persona —→ Probably on of the best major traits in game synergizing perfectly with our class mechanism

2) Deceptive evasion —→ Because shattering people to hell is what we do

3) Mental Torment —→ Same as 2

4) Illusionary Invigoration —→ Same as 1

5) Blade training —→ Because I wield dual swords :P

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game