chronomancer is such a win

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

this is just a simple praise thread. I stopped playing mes early this year after 2 years of it being my main because I was jus so tired of how it worked in PVE. (pvp ive always been necro main, mes 2nd).

Now all the sudden, ive really put a lot of time into chrono each BWE looking for reasons to not like it, nitpicking as much as I could and… I just think its so good. I cant find a single thing about it that I dislike. bravo mr gee and community

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

It’s heavily overtuned. Wait for the nerf.

in Mesmer

Azure.8670

I cant help but agree. I dont see exactly where it would be nerfed because everything flows so perfectly, but I completely agree it will be

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I cant help but agree. I dont see exactly where it would be nerfed because everything flows so perfectly, but I completely agree it will be

I think you need help from the friendly unicorns.

Alacrity becomes 33% recharge and durations nerfed slightly.

Increased recharges on shield because….reasons.

Target limit added to tides of time.

ICD on DE for lulz

ICD on chronophantasma and illusionary reversion.

Slow access slashed across the board.

Wells reduced in power because….reasons.

Danger time reduced to 15% crit chance….maybe 5% if too strong.

Time marches on, remove one of the components, either passive speed buff or control condition duration decrease.

That a nice enough list for you?

Edit: No I’m not saying it should happen, just making a bit of fun before the cries of narf come.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

<edited out to minimise viewing>

Woah woah woah – nothing to see here devs, NOTHING to see!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

-snip-

casts Mass Invisibility

in Mesmer

Azure.8670

I think you need help from the friendly unicorns.

Alacrity becomes 33% recharge and durations nerfed slightly.

Increased recharges on shield because….reasons.

Target limit added to tides of time.

ICD on DE for lulz

ICD on chronophantasma and illusionary reversion.

Slow access slashed across the board.

Wells reduced in power because….reasons.

Danger time reduced to 15% crit chance….maybe 5% if too strong.

Time marches on, remove one of the components, either passive speed buff or control condition duration decrease.

That a nice enough list for you?

Edit: No I’m not saying it should happen, just making a bit of fun before the cries of narf come.

well, I could of came up with these silly goose. Just like you said though, not saying it should happen. im saying, I dont know WHAT should happen. However I do think slow applications should be nerfed across the board like you said.

unicorns make me happy though

in Mesmer

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

The biggest problem with the power of chrono is the double greatsword burst. I have suspsicions the player I had the most trouble with today was macroing, since he was literally hitting me with every skill on the greatsword in under a second, but I imagine a good human player could still make pretty good use of this burst, which if you combine everything can reach well over 20k in a single sPvP burst.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

Chrono is so fun … feels so good … that I am scared it’s gonna be completely shattered XD
I’m getting really paranoid :P …

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

Chrono is the new portal. Mesmer is cursed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Chrono gives a a really nice play experience. It actually feels like your skill is being rewarded, whereas on normal specs I rarely have that feeling any more since all the roll back nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Read: Is actually able to feel useful in a group. Not just balanced around some 1v1 PvP whiner’s comments.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I think they may have to nerf the alacrity on shatter for PvP or at least change the minor trait to a major so that it does not come for free.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I think people asking for Mesmer nerfs should look at what the other elite specs are doing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

I think people asking for Mesmer nerfs should look at what the other elite specs are doing.

Berserker Kill Shot?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Yeah I was just talking to a friend about this point. While alacrity is amazing, seemingly OP in a lot of ways, the one thing that should keep nerfs in check is the relative strength of the other elite specializations.

All eight seem to have finally landed in a strong place and it’s become harder in this beta to state which is strongest or at the very least, list off specs that are just plain bad.

Without a doubt though, going forward playing anything but the elite spec is going to be very disadvantageous for many of the professions.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

My worry is that Elite specs generally seem so much better than normal specs. I can hear the accusations of P2W already (of which there already is some, but I can see this becoming a “mainstream” opinion).

It’s more noticable for the Mesmer because our Elite spec fixes a lot of our core problems, fixes that really should’ve been on the vanilla Mesmer.

I hope the next round of elite specs isn’t too far behind HoT, otherwise everyone will be running the same elites. Not that build diversity is amazing pre-HoT, but still.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Berserker Kill Shot?

Its bugged and hitting twice…. its not a viable spec outside of sniping light armor classes in WvW lol… pretty much trash in PvP and rifle is a joke in PvE…

Chronomancer is the one elite spec that is strong in all facets of the game – its extremely good and the one spec that has little to no negative feedback other than its too strong….

Even the top PvP players are in agreement that chrono is EASILY the strongest elite spec released….

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Berserker Kill Shot?

Its bugged and hitting twice…. its not a viable spec outside of sniping light armor classes in WvW lol… pretty much trash in PvP and rifle is a joke in PvE…

Chronomancer is the one elite spec that is strong in all facets of the game – its extremely good and the one spec that has little to no negative feedback other than its too strong….

Even the top PvP players are in agreement that chrono is EASILY the strongest elite spec released….

Except for Herald who makes Burst Mesmers and Theives look like they hit like wet fish and has excellent sustain and defenses as well.

in Mesmer

Azure.8670

Berserker Kill Shot?

Except for Herald who makes Burst Mesmers and Theives look like they hit like wet fish and has excellent sustain and defenses as well.

berserker right now isnt that good, and as someone else said, our best attack is bugged and hitting twice… so yea.

Herald cannot outburst a Chrono, or out sustain it for that matter

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Berserker Kill Shot?

berserker right now isnt that good, and as someone else said, our best attack is bugged and hitting twice… so yea.

Herald cannot outburst a Chrono, or out sustain it for that matter

You haven’t fought a Herald then.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Berserker Kill Shot?

Wanna compare Chrono and Berserker? OK, lets compare vanilla Mesmer and Warrior first, shall we?
Like warrior needed this elite spec as much as mesmer needed chrono…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Chill balances out Alacrity in PvP, to a degree. Pun aside, Ranger, Elementalist, Necromancer, Thief, Engineer and Guardian got relatively reliable access to it, then there’s Sigils and Runes. Mesmer even has some RNG form of its application with Chaos Storm and Chaotic Interruption.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Read: Is actually able to feel useful in a group. Not just balanced around some 1v1 PvP whiner’s comments.

this x1000

its an incredibly well crafted mmo “class”…kudos Mr. Gee.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Why is it okay that any other class is strong other than Mesmer?

I can 1v1 people all day on any of my other characters and win and not get 1 word via grief. Win 1 time as a mesmer in pvp and I get whispers about what trash I am.

Any complaints shouldn’t be taken seriously anymore. We’re honest about what needs to be nerfed and what doesn’t. Listening to anyone who “fought one and lost” and ran to the forums to complain. . . just xD

Back to being more pleasant! Chrono makes me feel like I’d finally be more welcome in PVE content other than for a portal-bot. It’s really enjoyable to play so I find it a winning situation for me personally. ^.^

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

The reason I suggest nerf is because I feel like chronomancer is mostly about shifting from 1v1 to finally feel in the right place in GvG. Everything about it is meant to stand in a big fight: shield to defend yourself, wells as area denial/area support, etc…

The good news is that it works, mesmer seem really good now inside a group. It can both sustain itself and support its allies while still doing damage.

The bad news: this was done while also improving in 1v1 (where we didn’t really need help). So I feel we went from good in 1v1 and bad in 5v5 to good in 5v5 and god mode in 1v1.

And I would be surprised if all the QQ from non-mesmers don’t end up in a nerf. A good nerf should mostly target the chrono 1v1 abilities, not prevent the chrono to be good in 5v5 because else, chrono doesn’t give us anything new.

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

I feel like Improved Alacrity shouldn’t exist. Flow of Time gives Mesmers a lot of Alacrity already, we really don’t need more. I’d like to see it be replaced with another Alacrity-sharing trait and maybe reduce AWTEW’s Alacrity (although then I feel AWTEW might need a bit more…).

Something like, 50% of Alacrity you gain is shared to allies. And AWTEW would be grant 1s Alacrity and Resistance to allies when wells end.

EDIT: We probably shouldn’t be splitting general feedback like this.

(edited by Embolism.8106)

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I feel like Improved Alacrity shouldn’t exist. Flow of Time gives Mesmers a lot of Alacrity already, we really don’t need more. I’d like to see it be replaced with another Alacrity-sharing trait and maybe reduce AWTEW’s Alacrity (although then I feel AWTEW might need a bit more…).

Something like, 50% of Alacrity you gain is shared to allies. And AWTEW would be grant 1s Alacrity and Resistance to allies when wells end.

I think the wells are fine, but improved alacrity could be removed and instead having flow of time. We should not have such a powerful tool as a minor. Competing with iRev is definitely a good thing (since iRev allows a lot of shatters).

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

but improved alacrity could be removed and instead having flow of time. We should not have such a powerful tool as a minor. Competing with iRev is definitely a good thing (since iRev allows a lot of shatters).

Absolutely not.

1. Calling it a “minor” is meaningless, it just means it’s not optional. Illusionist’s Celerity, Illusionary Retribution, Master of Misdirection, Sharper Images, Illusion of Vulnerability, Fragility, and Time Marches On are all examples of very strong minor traits, that are where they are because they are specialization-defining, and the entire specialization is build on them as a premise.

2. Without an easy personal source of alacrity, the chronomancer would feel quite a bit less like a chronomancer.

3. It’s not the problem you think it is relative to other elite specs, full stop.

(edited by AlphatheWhite.9351)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

try some duels vs thieves. You’ve got something coming for you…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Did we forget that Mesmer has been consistently decent at 1v1, prior to anything that Chronomancer gives us? The game is not balanced around 1v1..

Anyways, want to deny some Alacrity generation for the Chronomancer? Well, you got Chill to semi-counter it for a while, so that’s one way to potentially balance it out of the picture for a bit. Some professions are more proficient at this than others, e.g., they’ll be our hard counters. Or, kill off the clones, again, some professions are better at than others when it comes to AoE-melting our illusions. Pulling/pushing us off our Well before it can do its final pulse is another tactic to use, or to area denial the location it’s dropped at, the same way anyone mildly decent will try to get a Thief out of their Shadow Refuge and punish them as they get Revealed.

Alacrity is nice, sure, but let’s be fair, it’s not why we are winning in any 1v1 scenarios. Mesmer was never bad at 1v1. The people who complain, are the ones with less experience in PvP, the not-so-good (yet) players. Everyone needs to learn. The same players that still gets confused about who is the real Mesmer amidst the clones, still trying to pick them out, as they’re downed on the floor.

For Alacrity to be truly useful, you need to build into it. If you do that, you are forfeiting other strong choices. And even so, there’s counters to its generation.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

-snip-

casts Mass Invisibility

casts Mass Invisibility with pre-nerfed PU

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Did we forget that Mesmer has been consistently decent at 1v1, prior to anything that Chronomancer gives us? The game is not balanced around 1v1..

Anyways, want to deny some Alacrity generation for the Chronomancer? Well, you got Chill to semi-counter it for a while, so that’s one way to potentially balance it out of the picture for a bit. Some professions are more proficient at this than others, e.g., they’ll be our hard counters. Or, kill off the clones, again, some professions are better at others when it comes to AoE-melting our illusions. Pulling/pushing us off our Well before it can do its final pulse is another tactic to use, or to area denial the location it’s dropped at, the same way anyone mildly decent will try to get a Thief out of their Shadow Refuge and punish them as they get Revealed.

Alacrity is nice, sure, but let’s be fair, it’s not why we are winning in any 1v1 scenarios. Mesmer was never bad at 1v1. The people who complain, are the ones with less experience in PvP, the not-so-good (yet) players. Everyone needs to learn. The same players that still gets confused about who is the real Mesmer amidst the clones, still trying to pick them out, as they’re downed on the floor.

For Alacrity to be truly useful, you need to build into it. If you do that, you are forfeiting other strong choices. And even so, there’s counters to its generation.

Great post. I would argue the chill part tho, one will need to build around chill to really hinder alacrity, which really never worked in pvp to begin with. At the same time we get the chill reduced duration as a gm minor so theres that

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eremoo.2785

Eremoo.2785

For the first time I felt like I could contribute to a fight’s outcome in WvW with the latest version of chronomancer because they finnaly listed to feedback and all wells were improved.

If they interpret this as overpowered and things like completely broken healing druid stays in the game then I don’t know what to think anymore. I’m hoping it doesn’t get nerfed

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I think they may have to nerf the alacrity on shatter for PvP or at least change the minor trait to a major so that it does not come for free.

I disagree, the whole elite spec is based around Alacrity, its the unique mechanic. It should stay baseline for all Chronomancers to enjoy.

About nerfing it, no. Alacrity shines most when it comes to long attrition fight where u can accumulatively gain the upper hand through faster skill recharges over time and requires you to keep a good shatter cadence, this means its good for bunker or tanky condition specs but not necessarily for burst specs where u can just frontload dmg, kill and disengage.

Up until this point in the game, bunker and condi spec mesmers are not a thing yet. Chronomancer might finally deliver us those two types of builds in viable form. So how about let it all play out first before suggesting nerfs?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

Might be we should complaint about how useless or garbage chrono is as in other forums.

in Mesmer

Posted by: punahou.3986

punahou.3986

why does everything have to be a nerf?

why not bring other classes to the same level

in Mesmer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Power creep is never a good thing. It’s already creating a mess. Once they bring someone else up, they over shoot, suddenly chronomancers/mesmers feel bad and want buffs. Even if at that point it’s justified, it causes HUGE problems with the game’s overall balance. Nerfing is an unfortunate but very necessary beast that you sometimes have to deal with.

And just so you know I’m not picking on you, I play Necro/Reaper. I suspect some changes will come our way.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I must be missing something about this power creep / mesmer too strong spam. Its certianly not about the alacrity, since that only makes a significant difference in sustained combat. It can’t be about damage, as we are still not top tier dps. I can only assume this is about continuum shift since that is the only thing that has really changed about our burst…well that and if people are crazy enough to just stand in wells until they complete? If CS is really the issue here…this sounds like a l2p issue…since all you have to do is kill the rift. They have already nerfed chronophantasma and illusionary reversion…what else are people really complaining about? Its not like any of the new especs are weak. What’s so OP about the chronomancer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Anyways, want to deny some Alacrity generation for the Chronomancer? Well, you got Chill to semi-counter it for a while, so that’s one way to potentially balance it out of the picture for a bit. Some professions are more proficient at this than others, e.g., they’ll be our hard counters. Or, kill off the clones, again, some professions are better at others when it comes to AoE-melting our illusions. Pulling/pushing us off our Well before it can do its final pulse is another tactic to use, or to area denial the location it’s dropped at, the same way anyone mildly decent will try to get a Thief out of their Shadow Refuge and punish them as they get Revealed.

Great post. I would argue the chill part tho, one will need to build around chill to really hinder alacrity, which really never worked in pvp to begin with. At the same time we get the chill reduced duration as a gm minor so theres that

How about weakness?

Weakness generation isn’t amazingly difficult for some classes, and it limits the number of clones that can be generated, which limits the amount of alacrity, which limits the number of clones that can be generated, which limits the amount of alacrity.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

My worry is that Elite specs generally seem so much better than normal specs.

Well they are “elite” specs.
And generally speaking, “P2W” is a weird argument as traditionally expansions to MMOs have not been optional. While GW2’s xpack doesn’t raise the max-level, it also doesn’t advertise not being a requirement to continue playing at the forefront of GW2. As it was with every xpack to every MMO, basically.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I must be missing something about this power creep / mesmer too strong spam. Its certianly not about the alacrity, since that only makes a significant difference in sustained combat. It can’t be about damage, as we are still not top tier dps. I can only assume this is about continuum shift since that is the only thing that has really changed about our burst…well that and if people are crazy enough to just stand in wells until they complete? If CS is really the issue here…this sounds like a l2p issue…since all you have to do is kill the rift. They have already nerfed chronophantasma and illusionary reversion…what else are people really complaining about? Its not like any of the new especs are weak. What’s so OP about the chronomancer?

I do think alacrity is main guilty. If you compare supcutie’s build ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/ATTN-Completely-Broken-Chrono-Build/first#post5562474 ) to the current meta:

• domination and dueling are identical
  • Loosing the stealth (torch, decoy, chaos) but keep very survivable thanks to the well of precog and shield. While I love the shield, I think the double block may be a bit too long compared to other blocks in the game. So far I would say both build are even
  • the pure gain comes from the chronomancy line. And the line provides alacrity and CP. CP means you have more illusion uptime, but currently, I would argue that the bottleneck of the meta build is not the illusion uptime but the shatter uptime. And that’s where alacrity comes in. The CD of MW is significantly reduced.

Essentially, I would say using chronomancy is like using Chaos (survivability replaced by shield/well) + Illusion (more illusions + shorter shatter CD + some condi clear) together. Oh and even a bit of inspiration (you’re actually supporty thanks to the wells now). So essentially, we finally managed to do the famous 66666 build people have been complaining about for so long.

The “problem” (which I technically think is a great thing) of power shatter is that is really only need 2 lines to work (dom+duel). This means taking chronomancy does not sacrifice anything, but the gain is very significant.

(edited by Silverkey.2078)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Chronomancer is great, but I do worry that it outshines “vanilla” Mesmer far too much. Even running a build without DE, the Chrono allows to you resummon a phantasm after shattering it, and will generate an extra clone if you had two illusions up. Also, the shield paired with mental defense allows for amazing phantasm production (while giving damage reduction and control via slow.)

The access to alacrity/slow/quickness is mostly a cherry on top for me. I feel like Chrono’s strength is that you can cast abilities more often and there is alternative clone production.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Ya, but as of right now

Reaper > Necromancer
Chronomancer > Mesmer
Daredevil > Thief (I have a friend who has never lost a duel with his d/d daredevil build and can confirm this)
Revenant > Many, if not all of the current classes in the game right now.
Scrapper > Engineer

Druid is also potentially better than ranger. However, I have not played or heard enough about it to really know. The only specializations that don’t shine through are dragon hunter, tempest, and possibly berserker. However, gunflame, even if it is bugged right now, may still be pretty powerful in the hands of a berserker.

There is probably going to be even more complaining after HoT launch because even if these classes are a close as possible to the current classes in terms of power/ability then people would still have a fit because they will say this specialization is meta to this class and that means I am forced to buy the expansion for the game.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

Ya, but as of right now

Reaper > Necromancer
Chronomancer > Mesmer
Daredevil > Thief (I have a friend who has never lost a duel with his d/d daredevil build and can confirm this)
Revenant > Many, if not all of the current classes in the game right now.
Scrapper > Engineer

Druid is also potentially better than ranger. However, I have not played or heard enough about it to really know. The only specializations that don’t shine through are dragon hunter, tempest, and possibly berserker. However, gunflame, even if it is bugged right now, may still be pretty powerful in the hands of a berserker.

There is probably going to be even more complaining after HoT launch because even if these classes are a close as possible to the current classes in terms of power/ability then people would still have a fit because they will say this specialization is meta to this class and that means I am forced to buy the expansion for the game.

I kinda disagree with this:

• Reaper is more polished than core necro, but it trades range for higher melee pressure and better team fighting. So it does not strictly replace core necro, it wins in different situations.
  • DD allows builds less stealth-focused to work. It is again a different niche to core thief
  • no idea about rev or engi

Because those elite spec fill a different role and trade of their old role, it works fine. Chronomancer also gets a new role (bunkery/team fighter) but also does its old job better. It does not leave a niche for core mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Yes, I kinda agree. However, I was referring to OPness rather than build variety/usefulness. For example, it is generally agreed that the chronomancer line offers a little to everyone. It is useful in almost all build types. However, this does not necessarily mean that it is OP compared to other specializations. Lets imagine that all other specializations had their damage boosted by 1000%. If you took the daredevil line you would not be as good at stealth, as you have mentioned. However, you would still be OP since you would be doing 1000% more damage than the chronomancer, even though the chronomancer line is useful to all builds. Similarly, the reaper could have all melee damage boosted by 1000%. You could say that the necro trades off range damage for more melee damage. However, that specific reaper build would still dominate the chronomancer if it was doing 1000% more damage. All while the chronomancer line could be useful in all build types even though it is underpowered compared to the other specializations that do 1000% more damage.

This is just a demonstration of why there is a difference between OPness and build usefulness. It doesn’t say anything about chronomancer. However, what I was referring to before is that most of the elite specializations are OP compared to the base class. I did not mean they were more useful in all build types.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kikidori.5916

Kikidori.5916

Only skill that is overtuned is the PoM in Illusion Adept Slot due to CP in Grandmaster Chrono. Since it allows you to keep casting Echo of Memories on an EXTREMELY short cd, 2 full shatters = 12 seconds gone. Most of the phantasms are between 15-25 seconds long. So it litterally removes 50% of the CD. If it was halved. The blocking wouldn’t nearly as often, illusionary defender wouldn’t be out as much as it would still be on CD a lot of the time. But still quite often to not neuter that playstyle completely.

The Desolation of Great Jungle Wurm!

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

I’d rather they don’t nerf the core Mesmer for the sake of the Chronomancer. Keep Chronomancer fixes to the Chronomancer please.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Power creep is never a good thing. It’s already creating a mess. Once they bring someone else up, they over shoot, suddenly chronomancers/mesmers feel bad and want buffs. Even if at that point it’s justified, it causes HUGE problems with the game’s overall balance. Nerfing is an unfortunate but very necessary beast that you sometimes have to deal with.

And just so you know I’m not picking on you, I play Necro/Reaper. I suspect some changes will come our way.

You are about reaper. Maybe it just me or my builds, but when I face a reaper it almost a 100% lose for me. Maybe I need more time with the class.

I will also say maybe it a tab to early to start making claims which class is op. When HOT comes out we all can really test things out.

But as of now, i think think chrono is that op with. More in par but much better now in pve game with more sustain and wells.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I’d rather they don’t nerf the core Mesmer for the sake of the Chronomancer. Keep Chronomancer fixes to the Chronomancer please.

To be fair, Persistence of Memory is a very poor trait for core Mesmer, even as it is. Maybe this would be an opportunity to bring something else in.
Cut the effect down to 1s off, but add something else in that doesn’t interact oddly with Chronophantasma. Assuming it’s even a problem, of course