in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

everytime mesmer got"buffed" ,noob wars are crying for “reasons”

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

How I’m feeling now – I’m so excited over bugfixes that I think Anet did a good psycological work on me by nerfing mesmer with each update. The most miserable changes are looking amazing.

Snow Crows [SC]

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

At this point all I want is the aoe MoD and a Ileap that works. Don’t get me wrong. using a blurred frenzy point blank in your enemies face after immobilizing them with an interrupt is price less. But I am sick of the amount of set up it takes to get that attack to work, normally I just use it defensively now.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

How I’m feeling right now,

I got to watching this, http://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/c/4965699 and at 5:30 or there abouts my scrub alert alarm started blaring.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

musu.9205

I got to watching this, http://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/c/4965699 and at 5:30 or there abouts my scrub alert alarm started blaring.

the problem is that new scepter is still lack aoe condition pressure which are other conditin classes good for .
Its a braindead playstyle yes .But it won’t change the weakness of pu condition build that much in tpvp imho.
PU itself is just a cancer trait.

I know how good helseth is but lets be more real and add more facts with numbers
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Info-Torment-AkA-Why-Mesmer-Buff-isnt/first#post4323507

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

the problem is that new scepter is still lack aoe condition pressure which are other conditin classes good for .
Its a braindead playstyle yes .But it won’t change the weakness of pu condition build that much in tpvp imho.

I know how good helseth is but lets be more real and add more facts with numbers
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Info-Torment-AkA-Why-Mesmer-Buff-isnt/first#post4323507

If you can kill/down one person fast and continuously in a 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 setting, then it puts your team at an advantage. PU Mesmers as is can quickly inflict up to 14 stacks of confusion (stacks for 3+ seconds, can deal 2.4k damage per enemy skill use – using a 0/4/6/0/4 build) – it’s a pretty good shutdown for anyone trying to escape and/or heal imho.

This is on top of bleed, burning, and torment.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I find it fascinating how the moment we get any buff, no matter how weak we actually are outside of a constructed non-consequential game format the game doesn’t even know about, everyone explodes in rage.

Geez.

I wish everyone would just get forcibly rerolled to a non-respeccable Rabid-geared Blackwater build Mesmer. For 1 month. Let them see the other side for a bit, they might get an idea of why the spec isn’t overpowered just because it reliably kills them 1-on-1….

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

musu.9205

If you can kill/down one person fast and continuously in a 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 setting, then it puts your team at an advantage.

I agree with this part ,but how fast it could be , numbers are there so I think this change isnt huge but IE fix is really better imho .
or just nerf pu trait ,rest will be fine .
Helseth wants mesmer being skillful class what we truly are atm , but you cant really make condition spec skillful ,in this case anet made it worse. that’s all .

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

If you can kill/down one person fast and continuously in a 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 setting, then it puts your team at an advantage. PU Mesmers as is can quickly inflict up to 14 stacks of confusion (stacks for 3+ seconds, can deal 2.4k damage per enemy skill use – using a 0/4/6/0/4 build) – it’s a pretty good shutdown for anyone trying to escape and/or heal imho.

I think we had similar discussion couple of weeks ago, but I’m really curious as to how you can stack 14 confusions quickly and allows it to last long. As I recall mesmers require a lot of set up to achieve that. Excluding perplexity and you should be left with an easily dodgeable confusing image and an iMage who can’t aim (low duration and does NOT bounce to the same target twice). Once cleansed and you’ll have to wait 15s to reapply your only reliable source of confusion – perplexity interrupt.

Sure we can consider constant application, but lack of high condition stacks or condibomb by mesmers means your opponent has more time to cooldown their heals as well. Our condition offense is still no where near condi-thieves in roaming and everyone screams OP because of PU survivability.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

How I’m feeling now = meh.

Needs half a dozen radical patches over the next few years to get my attention.

I would still be playing exactly the same gs+sw/t shatter build as before, only real difference is ileap change. Would be even more inferior to gs/staff with ielasticity, and scepter/staff condition builds. Not that I care about being inferior – still would be fun challenge to play, but needs a proper thorough shake up of skills/traits to bring some freshness into these builds. It’s just completely stale otherwise.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

I find it fascinating how the moment we get any buff, no matter how weak we actually are outside of a constructed non-consequential game format the game doesn’t even know about, everyone explodes in rage.

Geez.

I wish everyone would just get forcibly rerolled to a non-respeccable Rabid-geared Blackwater build Mesmer. For 1 month. Let them see the other side for a bit, they might get an idea of why the spec isn’t overpowered just because it reliably kills them 1-on-1….

My thoughts exactly.
Even mesmer players are afraid of buffs. We got so used to nerfs and bugs that a little light at the end of the tunnel makes everybody panic?

Pumpkin – Mag

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

You forget that ontop of torment,mesmers have burning AND LOTS OF BLEEDS…
I play mesmer as main.And i dont play as condi and I KNOW that it is imposibble to face PU condi mesmer as it is! infact I was hoping that anet would nerf PU a bit…oh boy what a mess they do…

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

I play mesmer as main.And i dont play as condi and I KNOW that it is imposibble to face PU condi mesmer as it is! infact I was hoping that anet would nerf PU a bit…oh boy what a mess they do…

killed a lot pu condi mesmers

possible to beat, takes some time, just watch so u dont aoe much, kill the duelist, phantasms dont have on clone death conditions, etc

anyway a good condi mesmer could be unkillable

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

pu mesmers will do nothing after this patch but annoy hotjoins by dodge rolling in stealth.. the same as they have done before. if you are losing a game because a pu mesmer took your guardian / engi / whoever off point then i say you should lose.

on top of pu mesmers being almost useless to a team they are also slow and dont use portal.. sooo even more useless….

they also dont use boon strip on shatter/ one of the thigns that makes shatter good for tpvp on top of ranged pressure..

if you are in a tpvp match and you have a pu condi mesmer dodge rolling on point in staelth all you can do is face palm really.

if you think that same slow walking mesmer is going to push far and decap your bunker with pu. wow. because he has torment on auto attack.. that is what your team is scared of out of all the professions in the game.. a 2 second torment auto attacking pu mesmer? the pu mesmer will most likely not be auto attacking because pu will be dodge rolling and stealthing vs anything with any kind of damage.

in the same time that this pu mesmer pushed the base to solo a bunker or decap a shatter mesmer with his traited blinks / portal travelers runes(which condi has no ability to run) would have got there faster and put more pressure on that same bunker.. and be relevant at more then 1 spot at a time because of portal and actually having an impact on team fights.

helseth says one thing in a post. (because it was a buff that wasnt for his spec) and people just parrot every thing he says. seems silly

(edited by zaxon.6819)

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Sandrox.9524

possible to beat, takes some time, just watch so u dont aoe much, kill the duelist, phantasms dont have on clone death conditions, etc

As a mesmer? I highly doubt it

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

heh.. you understand how sill it is… for you to say a mesmer cant kill another mesmer. so what you are saying is every mesmer vs mesmer fight ends in a tie? or they get a double ko?

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

musu.9205

I totally hate to fight with pu condition mesmer since i was running CI , so the point stays , nerf pu ,so scepter should be a bit ok with .

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

musu.9205

someone just said to me “you are terrible”after a duel lost (i was running CI and he used PU so i guess i should be good to beat pu on mesmer ? shrug)
pu is cancer anywya .

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

yep as mesmer, u can actually just kill em at 900-1400 range w gs1 spam:0

doesnt work so well in point capture tho, if u r in 1v1 on point capture, just stay away from their clones, and if u gonna burt, go in for 1-2 seconds, and get out alrdy, dont stay near dieing clones, iSwordsman and gs r ur friends:o

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

so you are in a situation in tpvp matches where youu run into a pu condi mesmer as a bunker on a node.. and you are sent there as a solo mesmer to decap it. nothing wrong with that game.. continue on.. thats some high lvl stuff we should balance a profession around.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

if u r a bunker, u rly shouldnt have problems w a pu condi mesmer atking u, just try not to stay on his clone deaths range

well till scepter clones get torment aa that is, idk how its gonna work out afterwards

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Sandrox.9524

if u r a bunker, u rly shouldnt have problems w a pu condi mesmer atking u, just try not to stay on his clone deaths range

well till scepter clones get torment aa that is, idk how its gonna work out afterwards

I think he ment that the PU mesmer act like bunker while he is a non pu mesmer solo attacking it.

Your,how-to-deal a PU mesmer so false,keep firin 1 gs at him while confusion,torment from blocks kills you.GG.+ PU mesmers have almost perma protection + much more stealth.and those phntasms izerker will die quickly cause they kill clones which delivers condition.and iswordsman is a joke to perma protection mesmer who stealth alot.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

I think he ment that the PU mesmer act like bunker while he is a non pu mesmer solo attacking it.

Your,how-to-deal a PU mesmer so false,keep firin 1 gs at him while confusion,torment from blocks kills you.GG.+ PU mesmers have almost perma protection + much more stealth.and those phntasms izerker will die quickly cause they kill clones which delivers condition.and iswordsman is a joke to perma protection mesmer who stealth alot.

u can dodge the block, it has a 1 s aftercast after it has blocked

and u ever seen iZerker manage atking twice against aoe based enemys? like d/d ele, or hambow, pu condi mes, etc

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Sandrox.9524

u can dodge the block, it has a 1 s aftercast after it has blocked

and u ever seen iZerker manage atking twice against aoe based enemys? like d/d ele, or hambow, pu condi mes, etc

Yes,you can dodge it…ofc…but you will not be able to dodge it all the time since it got low cooldowns,and by the time the PU mesmer would use it again you will be dead.
Point is,you can’t kill a average pu condi mesmer.GS #1 would not tickle them,izerker would not hit them(stealth,protection,aegis).So it all come to this,unless you are using mirror build like the pu cond mesmer,you will not be able to beat it.And if you do,please share a video that I could learn from.Or at least give me some good tips and not GS #1 like you fighting a moa.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Feaduin.7603

Feaduin.7603

Yes,you can dodge it…ofc…but you will not be able to dodge it all the time since it got low cooldowns,and by the time the PU mesmer would use it again you will be dead.
Point is,you can’t kill a average pu condi mesmer.GS #1 would not tickle them,izerker would not hit them(stealth,protection,aegis).So it all come to this,unless you are using mirror build like the pu cond mesmer,you will not be able to beat it.And if you do,please share a video that I could learn from.Or at least give me some good tips and not GS #1 like you fighting a moa.

For a power phantasm build (In my experience GS Sw/Pistol):
1. Mind your range, clone death traits have limited radius (240) so you can safely clear out some clones if you don’t get too close.
2. When the Mesmer is glowing purple and holding his scepter over his face, don’t attack him.
3. Bring Mantra of Renewal with Mender’s Purity and maybe another condition clear.
4. When he uses the Prestige, count to 3 and either blink away, dodge, or use Blurred Frenzy to avoid the condition burst from the reveal.
5. If you feel like your defenses are getting overwhelmed, kite the fight to a new area and force him to regenerate all his clones.
6. When he shoots a giant purple beam at you, dodge or have a condition clear ready for the confusion.

IDK I feel like “Blackwater” variants are a dime a dozen in WvW roaming, but you quickly learn that they have a very limited bag of tricks. You almost never see these Mesmers in rated sPvP matches, but if you do don’t be afraid to kite off point while they are invisible since they won’t be de-capping it either. Just move off point, AoE the clones, move back on point.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Sandrox.9524

For a power phantasm build (In my experience GS Sw/Pistol):
1. Mind your range, clone death traits have limited radius (240) so you can safely clear out some clones if you don’t get too close.
2. When the Mesmer is glowing purple and holding his scepter over his face, don’t attack him.
3. Bring Mantra of Renewal with Mender’s Purity and maybe another condition clear.
4. When he uses the Prestige, count to 3 and either blink away, dodge, or use Blurred Frenzy to avoid the condition burst from the reveal.
5. If you feel like your defenses are getting overwhelmed, kite the fight to a new area and force him to regenerate all his clones.
6. When he shoots a giant purple beam at you, dodge or have a condition clear ready for the confusion.

IDK I feel like “Blackwater” variants are a dime a dozen in WvW roaming, but you quickly learn that they have a very limited bag of tricks. You almost never see these Mesmers in rated sPvP matches, but if you do don’t be afraid to kite off point while they are invisible since they won’t be de-capping it either. Just move off point, AoE the clones, move back on point.

in that process you’ll do to him 0 dmg.That actually what happens all the time the fight get endlessly untill I just go away or trying very hard to kill him and die in the process.And I dont think i need to change my build or utilites for fighting a kitten PU mesmer.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Feaduin.7603

Feaduin.7603

And I dont think i need to change my build or utilites for fighting a kitten PU mesmer.

Why should anyone care about your opinion on Blackwater variants then? If you are running a build that is weak vs a certain spec and refuse to reconsider your build/tactics and then repeatedly have trouble with said spec… well you deserve what you get. If I’m roaming and I know that I’m going to run into a build that is a soft counter for my current spec, I swap weapons and utilities or try to avoid that group/individual, I don’t come to the forums and complain about their builds because I refuse to adapt my tactics and thus loose. It took me forever to figure out how to fight a P/D condition thief with reliable success, but I figured it out by changing my build and utilities until something clicked. It does not matter if you have respect for a build or not, if its on the scene you either adapt to it or accept your fate but don’t refuse to adapt then QQ.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

I think we had similar discussion couple of weeks ago, but I’m really curious as to how you can stack 14 confusions quickly and allows it to last long. As I recall mesmers require a lot of set up to achieve that. Excluding perplexity and you should be left with an easily dodgeable confusing image and an iMage who can’t aim (low duration and does NOT bounce to the same target twice). Once cleansed and you’ll have to wait 15s to reapply your only reliable source of confusion – perplexity interrupt.

Sure we can consider constant application, but lack of high condition stacks or condibomb by mesmers means your opponent has more time to cooldown their heals as well. Our condition offense is still no where near condi-thieves in roaming and everyone screams OP because of PU survivability.

Keep pressure on with staff clones and their bleeds/burns to wear down the person’s HP.

Bait out 1 dodge with Chaos Storm, bait out 2nd dodge with Mind Wrack (3 stacks Confusion if they don’t dodge this), dodge for 1 clone, swap weapon (Energy sigil), dodge for 2nd clone, summon iMage (3 stacks Confusion), Confusing Images (5 stacks Confusion), Cry of Frustration (6 stacks Confusion). If your clones have good positioning, replace Mind Wrack with Diversion.

Unless you’re soloing, I’ve found this combo to be quite effective in shutting someone down in group situations when that person is half HP or so – esp. if you have teammates inflicting immob or other conditions.

A 0/5/5/0/4 build would have even more access to Confusion. With the upcoming changes to Scepter and IE, Mesmers can essentially can be Confusion/Torment/Bleed/Burn bombs.

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

musu.9205

So we should discuss which will be op first , this change to scepter itself or this change with pu trait on a condition mesmer .
No matter the answer is yes or not , i think we all agree nerf pu is much more needed .

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

So finally the truth. The buff to scepter is a bridge leading to the real reason for the tears. Secretly nerfing a niche build for wvw.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Geez.

My thoughts exactly.
Even mesmer players are afraid of buffs. We got so used to nerfs and bugs that a little light at the end of the tunnel makes everybody panic?

The last time we emerged from our cave, they kicked us until we were down… and then kept kicking.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Sandrox.9524

And I dont think i need to change my build or utilites for fighting a kitten PU mesmer.

Why should anyone care about your opinion on Blackwater variants then? If you are running a build that is weak vs a certain spec and refuse to reconsider your build/tactics and then repeatedly have trouble with said spec… well you deserve what you get. If I’m roaming and I know that I’m going to run into a build that is a soft counter for my current spec, I swap weapons and utilities or try to avoid that group/individual, I don’t come to the forums and complain about their builds because I refuse to adapt my tactics and thus loose. It took me forever to figure out how to fight a P/D condition thief with reliable success, but I figured it out by changing my build and utilities until something clicked. It does not matter if you have respect for a build or not, if its on the scene you either adapt to it or accept your fate but don’t refuse to adapt then QQ.

Wuuut?
You took what I said to the extreme.You dont expect every encounter in wvw to be pu mesmer.I have a condi cleanse,but i wont have ALL THE POSSIBLE CONDI CLEANSES.And yes,even if Ii see a PU mesmer or,like you said,P/D thief,ok I will just tell him “can you wait a bit? I need to change my build and utitlites for you” sure man sure.

Now if anet would have given us proper condi cleanse,I would’nt complain,but instead they buffing THEM!

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Sandrox… PU Mesmer are not immortal to other Mesmer.

how im feeling now

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I’d say condition PU is sort of countered by GS/staff range shatter, but it’s more of a complex relationship. Well timed shatters can remove the boons that’s keeping PU mes alive, while GS/staff encourages shatter mesmer to stay out of clone death range. It’s more about bursting at the right time that makes shatter mesmer difficult in fighting PU, but if you’re not so determined at that capture point then clone death will have significantly less pressure on you.

Can’t exactly recall which video but one of Im Bamf Joe’s video has him and his friend facing 3+ PU mesmers. Very interesting to watch.

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)