i just want to know if it's by design or not

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

if anyone has any source of anet talking about Illusions being completedly unaffected by vitality, % damage and % crit chance effects (sigils of force and accuracy, for example) I would love to see it. if not, I implore an answer. I’m not asking for change, I just want to hear the design philosophy on it. Why should new players be punished for choosing these things without even knowing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Why should new players be punished for choosing these things without even knowing?

You’re just looking for a fight.

Fishsticks

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

It is by design. The damage is increased by hand so they can keep it in check. Vitality and crit rate aren’t passed on because then you could just gear for them instead of having to take Signet of Illusions and Phantasmal Fury, respectively. It’s a throwback to a time when the trait system provided multiple build options along with having to choose between being tanky and doing damage. Well, I suppose the latter still applies to Mesmer, if no one else.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I remember when mesmer meta was phantasm/reflect build… Never shatter, just summon 3 phantasms and pray to RNGesus that they stay alive and deal damage. Reflect cheese all day exploding bosses and ignoring mechanics…

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I remember when mesmer meta was phantasm/reflect build… Never shatter, just summon 3 phantasms and pray to RNGesus that they stay alive and deal damage. Reflect cheese all day exploding bosses and ignoring mechanics…

Haha yeah I remember that. Then I’d come across a shatter mesmer (which was rare, most ran Blackwater) and get my kitten torn up because I had no idea how to fight one…

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It is by design. The damage is increased by hand so they can keep it in check. Vitality and crit rate aren’t passed on because then you could just gear for them instead of having to take Signet of Illusions and Phantasmal Fury, respectively. It’s a throwback to a time when the trait system provided multiple build options along with having to choose between being tanky and doing damage. Well, I suppose the latter still applies to Mesmer, if no one else.

Ah, the good ol’ days