iLeap Fix Idea

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: salaman.7913

salaman.7913

Since iLeap is terrible with its hit detection (often registering slight inclines on the ground and thereby completely removing the point to the skill) I thought of a viable solution that might work: change the animation to that of our Scepter 1 skill – a big purple ball – originating from our hand and moving forward towards the enemy, once it hits it spawns the clone that cripples and the skill otherwise functions as normal. This way it’d be easy to dodge/see coming for PvP while still working in PvE.

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

Or you know make the clone actually leap instead of slide. Too much to ask though I know.

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Ever see a scepter bolt miss? Because they do, all the time, and are easily voidable. You’d end up with no clone, no cripple, and nothing to swap to.

It’d be a huge quality of life debuff.

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Maybe if it spawned a clone on top of them that followed them around in melee range and eliminate the leap/slide problem all together ^^

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

It’d be really simple to make it work the same as Thief Sword 2. First press summon a clone at your target that immobilizes them, second press you leap to the target striking them and applying vulnerability.

With this you would miss out on the 2 leap finishers and the conditions have been swapped, but this would make it far more reliable to use.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

It’d be really simple to make it work the same as Thief Sword 2. First press summon a clone at your target that immobilizes them, second press you leap to the target striking them and applying vulnerability.

With this you would miss out on the 2 leap finishers and the conditions have been swapped, but this would make it far more reliable to use.

problem with this is, the leap is insanely strong and the main piece of shatter builds, there for it needs to be dodgeable by skilled players, cause in most cases if i hit a target with iLeap they r dead(wvw roaming)

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fray.3417

Fray.3417

Just give the iLeap clone the same animation and mechanics as Warrior’s Savage Leap (Sword 2) skill. Simple copy-pasta job.

Problem solved.

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Just give the iLeap clone the same animation and mechanics as Warrior’s Savage Leap (Sword 2) skill. Simple copy-pasta job.

Problem solved.

and make it work like portal as well so we can swap over uneven terrain / use in jumping puzzle

imo this is best fix idea for now

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fray.3417

Fray.3417

Problem solved.

and make it work like portal as well so we can swap over uneven terrain / use in jumping puzzle

imo this is best fix idea for now

You’d still need a target for the clone to exist due to the way illusions work, but thanks for the +1.

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Maybe if it spawned a clone on top of them that followed them around in melee range and eliminate the leap/slide problem all together ^^

Hrm, I’d dislike the loss of leap finisher the change would bring. Because without a leap, there’s no leap finisher to be had really. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

iLeap Fix Idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracatis.1908

Dracatis.1908

This might actually work IF the ball can only move forward or down to the target, maybe a weak lob and still spawns if it doesn’t hit the target(frankly Scepter 1 should also do this). ANET won’t do anything that lets you break puzzles and getting into Keeps more then our Portal already does. :P

“We are the makers of the music, we are the dreamers of the dream”
-Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder)

(edited by Dracatis.1908)