iZerker damage nerf?

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

Was the Illusionary Berserker’s damage nerfed with this last patch? Mine seems to be doing less damage and I thought it might have been due to it not holding a weapon anymore…anyone else notice anything like this?

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

:S I noticed it too and it may be because of the lack of weapon, yeah.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

In my testing it is no longer a combo finisher, which seems a significant nerf. Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but either way, it should be changed back.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Harbinger.9645

Yea, as a major souce of the GS mesmer’s damage output this is a real downer. I really hope we don’t have to wait till the next major patch for this to be fixed…that’s just too long.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tanek.5983

Tanek.5983

In my testing it is no longer a combo finisher

Can anyone confirm this? That would be a pretty big change.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I will test this as soon as I get home. If someone else wants to test, drop time warp and have the zerker spin at a mob in the center of the field. The field is big enough that if the whirl finisher exists in any way, it will activate.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Munkee.3542

Munkee.3542

It’s confirmed. “Combo Finisher” is no longer in the tool tip and it no longer combo’s with fields. Kind of a lousy stealth nerf if you ask me.

Mesmer
Pinnacle Of Responsibility [Mom] – Yak’s Bend

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Tanek.5983

It’s confirmed. “Combo Finisher” is no longer in the tool tip and it no longer combo’s with fields. Kind of a lousy stealth nerf if you ask me.

Thank you for checking.

I’d hope it wasn’t intended, but if it is no longer in the tooltip it is not likely an error. I still very much want to hear ANet put it as an official change, though, and let us know why it was done.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Seriously we have very low access to damage outside of shatters and the zerker was a huge help in catching people… but seriously… why can’t they put stuff in updates or just do the buffs without killing our more useful weapons.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Hmmm… bummer. I don’t know if the combo finisher was doing that much damage, but I was having a lot of fun sending my iZerker through my Asuran radiation field. I really liked hearing the little voice messages about what a great synergy I had achieved.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Maybe Mind Stab can now become a blast finisher….

Gandara

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Can’t they just let go of the mesmer? Especially the berserker?

:-(

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Tanek.5983

I just got home and, while I may be missing something here, I still seemed to be getting Confounding Bolt from the berserker whirling through an ethereal field.

I will try it on a few other types of field as soon as I can, but initially it seems there is an error in the tooltip rather than a change to the mechanics.

I also found references to the combo finisher not being noted in the tooltip even from before the patch. (Shows how closely I read the skills before.)

Again, maybe I have it wrong, but if someone else can check once more to break the tie, I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Harbinger.9645

I just got home and, while I may be missing something here, I still seemed to be getting Confounding Bolt from the berserker whirling through an ethereal field.

I will try it on a few other types of field as soon as I can, but initially it seems there is an error in the tooltip rather than a change to the mechanics.

I also found references to the combo finisher not being noted in the tooltip even from before the patch. (Shows how closely I read the skills before.)

Again, maybe I have it wrong, but if someone else can check once more to break the tie, I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Did the damage seem lower to you? Did you test this in WvW/sPvP/PvE? I’m honestly curious because I definitely noticed the lower damage myself and I figured my weapon damage might not have been factored in perhaps related to the missing weapon on my illusions.

I was using the iZerker last night through multiple combo fields and didn’t notice it using the finisher, but honestly I wasn’t really on the look out for that.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Tanek.5983

Did the damage seem lower to you? Did you test this in WvW/sPvP/PvE? I’m honestly curious because I definitely noticed the lower damage myself and I figured my weapon damage might not have been factored in perhaps related to the missing weapon on my illusions.

I was using the iZerker last night through multiple combo fields and didn’t notice it using the finisher, but honestly I wasn’t really on the look out for that.

This was PvE in Timberline Falls. I just hopped to the event nearest where I’d logged off. I was generally fighting one mob at a time and made sure to use no other skills that should be combo finishers.

Truthfully, I paid less attention to the damage since I could only do a very quick test before logging off. I can test more extensively later, I just wondered if the Confounding Bolt coming up was a fluke, or if we were going more on the tooltip not mentioning the combo finishing whirl.

So if you check for the combos and I check on the damage, we should have it covered next time.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Harbinger.9645

Hmm, I wonder if this is all related to the missing weapon bug then because in PvE the weapons show up just fine but in WvW they don’t. Such a weird little bug they have going on here.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Something changed.

Deals way less damages.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Just tested it myself. They either reduced the crit chance on it or the damage overall. I can’t tell which.

Looks like I’m retiring my mesmer for the time being (AKA, “I shoulda rolled thief”).

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by wookie.8934)

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Hey anyone else notice they nerf Zerker damage when they buff torch? 3 patches in a row.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Fine zerker is nerfed… Prestige is buffed still on a stupid long cooldown and iMage is situational at best… Great dandy. These guys have prime time pro testers! SERIOUSLY? Do they just not have a QA guy to play the freaking Mesmer? And the stupid CnD is still freaking working off the walls for thief in WvW. So they nerfed eles… Kinda… Fixed thieves stealthing off walls in wvw? Nope! Buffed up a weapon that few people still use destroyed one of our two longrange options, and made the auto attack on spear useless….. 2 buffs… compared to at least 4 HUGE HUGE bugs that they should have seen as soon one of their pro (lol) testers played on their Mesmer for more than 5 freaking minutes! Hey everyone welcome to freaking thief wars too. Bugs I know for sure
1. Zerker Nerf
2. No illusions have no weapons in W3
4. Spear completely misses underwater
5. Feedback Teleports mesmers to their target depending on what the necro they are fighting is doing.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

iZerker also feels weaker for me.

I don’t like how every time a patch comes out, we get this nice big post detailing all* the changes, but then the real game is on to double check all of our skills and come here to learn what got ninja nerfed, buffed, or bugged.

*some

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

I cant say I’ve seen this. My iZerk still does 4-6k normally, unless it spawns in a stupid place. I’ll have to check again though just to be sure.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I don’t know if there are any damage changes. The only testing I have done is after this patch is in place. The testing that I have done shows a lot of variance in damage even with a pretty controlled testing on the heavy golem, I was seeing damage varying from well-below 1000 to over 5000. It’s clear that sometimes the zerker hits the same target more than once as he goes through. So that leads to a huge range (frome one, non-crit hit up to two hits which both crit).

More importantly, I got combo finishers on two different kinds of fields. I got Confounding Bolts from Time Warp, and I got Poison Bolts from the Asura radiation field. So I don’t think there was a nerf on this part. (I retract my “bummer” post – I should have confirmed for myself before I assumed it had changed.)

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: PadmaN.7820

PadmaN.7820

C’mon Anet, How many times are you gonna break our iBerserker?

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noblesse.6480

Noblesse.6480

Can confirm, once again (isn’t this the third time?) the berserker damage has been nerfed. Usually hitting for 4k+. Now can barely hit 2k.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bluedarknesss.1685

Bluedarknesss.1685

Is Anet trying to sneak in nerfs on us? Or is this a bug? Plz let you player base know whats up!

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Currently only lvl 75 but I noticed it was harder to take out multiple mobs after the patch. Wasn’t really watching the numbers closely but I did notice a change. I love the flavor of using a GSword as a casting class, hope it gets worked out.

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

I am wondering if they did something to “pets” ie non player entities dmg. My ranger pet is also not hitting as hard.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kusa.6438

Kusa.6438

After going and doing a test, I’m doing substantially less dmg that I did before. iZerker is doing anywhere from 1000-2000 less dmg per hit than it used to. It hits 4 times and if you average that out, that’s 6000 dmg nerf for one ability. This is not acceptable, and makes sense whey my other friend was freaking out the other night saying “my dmg feels likes its been nerfed hard”.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Would they just leave the kitten thing alone for once? That would be nice.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

I hope we get some sort of response to this as I have no intention of letting this thread die until then.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Same here. I also posted in the Game Bugs sub forum… Please go there and be heard… This has the very likely possiblity of being game breaking for more than a couple mesmer builds.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Here you can support the issue by posting your experience with that certain bug:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mesmer-illusionary-zerker-Nerf/first#post1553292

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

Yes, its lower than before. It’s so obvious it’s laughable now

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: oruma.4092

oruma.4092

joke is torch got hotfixed in 3 days, but beserker not

probably wont admit the mistake for 2 month then come back with some minor buff

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

joke is torch got hotfixed in 3 days, but beserker not

probably wont admit the mistake for 2 month then come back with some minor buff

The worst part is that it took them 2-3 days to ‘fix’ torch but now we have no blast finishers on it and i let you guess how many months it will take them to fix this. They know its bugged but they’re probably like who cares, its just a blast finisher lets patch this in 3-4 months.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: SaadBaig.8560

SaadBaig.8560

Wait. is this a major downpoint for mesmers in WvW?

I’m currently working on a pure WvW Mesmer, and I was planning a very high DPS build.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

I am seeing the decrease in damage at around 50-60%. My other mesmer buddies have noticed the same. This needs to be fixed. I really don’t want to spend gold to goto another build right now.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: LiuliRenai.3928

LiuliRenai.3928

iZerker is doing the same amount of damage it did before the patch. However, I’m not 100% sure, but it seems to hit targets less reliably. Testing on golems, they’d sometimes get all 4 hits on them, sometimes they’ll just get 1 hit, and sometimes 0 hits. The bad hits seem to happen when the iZerker first spawns, the damage being more consistent on their following bursts.

Liuli – Mesmer – Piken Square

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

Before patch i would put 3 zerkers on the lions arch training dummies and they would each do 4400 damage, after patch they do 3000. they are doing the same amount of hits just less damage. These tests are putting 3 zerkers out and letting them sit for 10 mins at a time . they do not miss the dummies. to the person saying they do the same damage… silly.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Icelut.3509

Icelut.3509

I haven’t played with a GS since it was having those pathing issues and missing a few patches a go with the izerker. I switched to a more bunker condition spec and I do heaps of damage and can take on multiple foes. Confusion does great burst especially against button mashing thieves and eles.. adjust and win people. GS isn’t the only weapon we have

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

adjusting to the polar opposite play style? a staff confusion bunker build has almost nothing to do with a greatsword spec. you may as well be saying izerker is broken go play a necro.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: oruma.4092

oruma.4092

I haven’t played with a GS since it was having those pathing issues and missing a few patches a go with the izerker. I switched to a more bunker condition spec and I do heaps of damage and can take on multiple foes. Confusion does great burst especially against button mashing thieves and eles.. adjust and win people. GS isn’t the only weapon we have

ace story dude

we discuss a bug/nerf here which isnt anywhere in patchnotes. so might wanna add something useful or spam somewhere else

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Yeah pretty much… I play bunker..I play power/shatter… I play confusion… This affects multiple people GS isn’t the only weapon we have true but that doesn’t mean that destroying it is excusable

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lucky.4263

Lucky.4263

good to see i’m not the only one having this issue… now to add my 2 cents, iZerkers dps does seem lower did fotm yesterday and took an awful lot of time just to down a vet (im full zerker gear glass canon) but shrugged it off as poor skill timing… also when i shatter clones they dnt run to the target they just shatter wherever they are standing ( i noticed this just a few mins ago while doing events in orr my aoe was lacking becuz of this and i wasnt taging any mobs).

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Not trying to downplay the issue here (nobody likes nerfs) but I just recently switched to Mesmer from 700 hours on Ranger and run a 20/20/0/25/5 spec with full zerkers.

IBerserker is still ridiculously strong compared to anything a ranger can put out. Maybe I missed its glory days but coming from a ranger I still think it’s absolutely amazing.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emissary Vex.5690

Emissary Vex.5690

The berserker was by far our most powerful clone and even after the nerf it still is. The bigger problem IMO is that the other clones don’t do enough damage; its obvous; just look at the fact no one ever uses the other clones (in PvE)

Everyone knows shattering is terribly weak in PvE, so we rely on clones to do most of our damage. The problem is the damage that the rest of the clones do is negligible.. The only other clone that doesnt decent damage is the warden. The problem is the warden stays in place making it almost useless.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

zaxon.6819

my issue with it is :

if it was intentional say it.

if it was not .. say it.

the thing i do not want to see happening is this turn into wow where they nerf every class every time someone dies in pvp. i cant see this being a nerf because of how much survivability we need to give up just to choose the gsword over the staff .. and the staff phantasm can hit way harder then the gsword with this nerf.

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Apostate.2459

Apostate.2459

Why remove the whirl finisher Anet?

iZerker damage nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

i don’t think its a nerf! if they wan’t to nerf it, they would tell us about it..
but seeing izerker history, as in, the illusion with the most problem with bugs..
izerker is the bad apple in the phantasm family.
i wouldn’t be surprised if every patch can get its dmg down.
and like before, anet won’t probably move unless someone provide “data” or the likes.
maybe its the new downleveling…?