my RF ranger got killed by confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Q:

Edit: okay so it was more a learn to play issue for me! sorry i was wrong and too quick to vent my unhappiness at getting instant killed by the mesmer =D

thanks Fay and Nicenikeshoe for the tips!

Old Post that was the general ‘I got owned and I want them nerfed’ behavior:

okay so…i think condi PU stacking of confusion needs a rework…

I literally rapid fired myself to death when the mesmer stacked 8 stacks of confusion and almost 10 stacks of torment on me.

What I am most unhappy about is that he stacked those in like 2 seconds. 8 confusion 10 torment in 2 seconds?

that is a death sentence to anyone.

i know I shouldnt have rapid fired and should clear the condi first, but i fought him a second time, cleared it, and he restacked it just as quickly.

and the worst thing is confusion now does damage even if i am not attacking. and that hurts.

i suggest limiting confusion damage to only when attacking, for those applied by mesmers because they stack them easily and can just stack and go invis and watch the enemy die.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

A:

Mesmer has 2 skills that stack decent confusion, shatter and confusing images. Former one involve in clones running towards you, latter on involve in starwars lazer beam shooting at you.

Mesmer has 2 skill to stack torment. One is a block skill called illusionary counter and it gives out 5 stacks of torment, the other one is shatter that only stack 1 torment per illusion. Scepter clones may stack torment, but their projectile speed is horrible at times, especially against a ranger at decent range.

Few tips on ranger vs mesmer, if you’re running LB stay on range. Most mesmer skills can’t reach you. If you’re running SB condi with empathetic bond then your pet should be able to draw condi from you shortly. Either way you should have some way to clear condi and won’t be killed by confusion (only decent damage when you attack) or torment (only surpass bleed damage if walking) if you think of your battle-style a bit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I literally rapid fired myself to death when the mesmer stacked 8 stacks of confusion and almost 10 stacks of torment on me.

What I am most unhappy about is that he stacked those in like 2 seconds. 8 confusion 10 torment in 2 seconds?

i know I shouldnt have rapid fired and should clear the condi first, but i fought him a second time, cleared it, and he restacked it just as quickly.

and the worst thing is confusion now does damage even if i am not attacking. and that hurts.

i suggest limiting confusion damage to only when attacking, for those applied by mesmers because they stack them easily and can just stack and go invis and watch the enemy die.

Try dodging the block and shatter next time. If you eat obviously telegraphed skills, you deserve to die. Additionally, you don’ melt yourself on the passive ticks of confusion. You probably just spammed skills and killed yourself. Don’t do that next time.

in Mesmer

EremiteAngel.9765

Try dodging the block and shatter next time. If you eat obviously telegraphed skills, you deserve to die. Additionally, you don’ melt yourself on the passive ticks of confusion. You probably just spammed skills and killed yourself. Don’t do that next time.

hmm now that you mention this, it is true that i don’t know how the mesmer stacks confusion on me

i thought it was just his auto attacks and clone auto attacks that stack confusion on me?
and he was prob running perplex runes so my hits on him also stacked confusion on me.

i dont recall seeing any shatter in motion (no clones started running towards me)

and what is the block thing that you mention i should dodge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Really, dude?

“I don’t know what killed me… But nerf it plz!”

in Mesmer

EremiteAngel.9765

thanks nicenikeshoe!

that helped a ton =D

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Turn off auto attacks, this isn’t PvE. If you want to auto attack, press 1 manually.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

8 confusion wont kill you that fast unless you spamming skills like crazy
he probably used also mirror when you rapid fire which can take 50% hp of you

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It might do some damage, but it won’t do all that much when the mes is running condie gear.

in Mesmer

EremiteAngel.9765

8 confusion wont kill you that fast unless you spamming skills like crazy

well it took about 2 seconds for him to stack 8 confusion 10 torment on me.
and another 3 seconds of my own rapid fire spamming with quickness to kill me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

It might do some damage, but it won’t do all that much when the mes is running condie gear.

Just because reflect crit chance is based off the your precision doesn’t mean reflects are weak. A zerk Ranger is running a lot of power, even low-crit reflects are gonna hurt like a mother. And a zephyred rapid fire goes off fast enough that one dodge-reflect could probably get the whole thing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Just because reflect crit chance is based off the your precision doesn’t mean reflects are weak. A zerk Ranger is running a lot of power, even low-crit reflects are gonna hurt like a mother. And a zephyred rapid fire goes off fast enough that one dodge-reflect could probably get the whole thing.

check the dmg log – i usually do around 8k dmg with mirror reflect (about 1.5k per hit)
8 confusion per skill usrd is another 1.5k dmg
torment without moving is about 1k dps

your hp is about 16k so reflect is a must as 8k+2.5k*3 sec as you probably spam 3 skills

to take you down in about 3 sec will need you to spam skills like crazy (usually happend with noob HS thieves)

when i see ranger in pvp coming i use my heal even if i have full hp (low cd) if he spam he get dmg of he dont i use confusion skills and shatter so he will be 50% hp
then he comes melee with GS to stand on points and i block and dodge and shatter
if he wont cleanse he is dead
his best shoot is to be range and not contesting the point

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

To clarify one point: confusion only ticks the “high damage” tick when you use one skill, not every time your skill hits (that’s how retaliation works).