in Mesmer

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

nerf glamours…I think we’re only suppose to auto attack guys

nerf our shatters nerf our confusion

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Understand the frustration… But for the sake of healthy discussion… I don’t think this thread is going to accomplish anything…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I feel your pain. It does seem like other classes want all our core mechanics gone from the game. They hate portals, they hate shatters, they hate phantoms, they hate confusion, they hate everything we do. The reason for this is that Mesmers are hard to predict. We’re not OP, just bewildering to other players. More then any other class, how we trait completely alters our gameplay. A Shatter Cat verses Chaos Maestro verses Confusion build are all so different. You really don’t know what you’re getting with a Mesmer until mid-fight. Are we burst dam? Are we condition? Are we tanking? What was that weird thing we just did where we disappeared, then turned you into a moa? Other classes hate to be startled. They hate learning other classes skills and would just prefer to make us so weak, we’re ineffectual. I for one love this class and hope that Anet supports and protects the integrity of our odd, beautiful pink butterflies.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Spatial Surge can hit UP TO 5 PPL!!!!!!!!!!! Mez is the ultimate auto-attack class.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Mesmer were nerfed to death in GW1. Just wait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

we’d be ok if they actually started play testing instead of forum balancing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deae.6415

Deae.6415

this is how the people who whine on forum think… if my war can’t kill it with 100b ur class is op…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oneira.1495

Oneira.1495

With the amount of whining going on I am not hopeful, even though many Mesmer powers have been nerfed already.

One of the major problems that Anet is facing is the lack of viable builds for each class. When they keep nerfing stuff, the number of viable builds decreases until finally we’re all playing somewhere between 2-3 builds if that.

One of the draws of GW has been the ability to create builds.

I sincerely hope that they do not nerf confusion builds, but as I said, I am not optimistic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DarkFlopy.8197

DarkFlopy.8197

I know what you mean man,
i noticed that alot when playing/fighting a mesmer.

But also i am playing a mesmer, so far im having a good time with him.
im using a confusion build and that helps me melt thieves and eles like butter.

Furthermore i have found the shatter and glamours weaker than before but still not weaker enough to shut the mesmer’s power down.

I have succeeded on mastering my engineer and making so far the best confusion build and max survivability which makes me look at the engineers in a different way, not weak, but challenging.

My hope is to master the masmer now and change its appearance,
i am testing some things on it and so far its working great, the only thing i’m bothered of is the lack of swiftness, we only have the focus #4 skill and 1 signet which has a chance to give us swiftness if its not on cooldown.

Btw sorry for my english.

(edited by DarkFlopy.8197)

in Mesmer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Honestly, though I play a mesmer and it’s my main, I must admit that shatter spec must be nerfed, at least for sPvP, and other specs must be viable. I might have tried as much as possible, I coulnd’t find a build by myself without being crushed by any opponent with half a brain. Since then, I respecced shatter. Now I faceroll, now I win.
Ok, not literally, but seriously, we must have different options, different viable specs, and this must come from a little shatter nerf (not huge nerf, don’t nerf it to the ground, but bring in par with others).

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Honestly, though I play a mesmer and it’s my main, I must admit that shatter spec must be nerfed, at least for sPvP, and other specs must be viable. I might have tried as much as possible, I coulnd’t find a build by myself without being crushed by any opponent with half a brain. Since then, I respecced shatter. Now I faceroll, now I win.
Ok, not literally, but seriously, we must have different options, different viable specs, and this must come from a little shatter nerf (not huge nerf, don’t nerf it to the ground, but bring in par with others).

Or a buff? To things that make other options viable? Like sayyy mantras? Bringing them down one tree would prolly do wonders for that…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Or a buff? To things that make other options viable? Like sayyy mantras? Bringing them down one tree would prolly do wonders for that…

I don’t find shatter mesmers to be stronger than builds on other classes in their own way. Ex… my eng loves to tear apart classes with low def against conditions (like mesmer) while still having high control over capture points. If you’re doing well with a shatter mes, then great, keep going with it while you practice other classes as well.

Other classes can burst just as hard if not harder than a mesmer.

I see no reason to nerf shatter.

Mantras have other mechanical issues which would need to be dealt with as well… but that would at least be a step in the right direction.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

Confusion needs to be neutered.

Sorry but it needs to happen for the health of this game.

You still got a lot of other builds so it’ll be fine

a fellow thief agrees with the nerf for mesmers !

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Confusion needs to be neutered.

Sorry but it needs to happen for the health of this game.

You still got a lot of other builds so it’ll be fine

a fellow thief agrees with the nerf for mesmers !

erm are u reposting this answer now in EVERY mesmer thread or what?little hint for u: when u attack a mesmer, do not expect to destroy him with constant spamming and down him right away.
usually when a thief hits me and goes into stealth i will cast nullfield right below my feet,u know that red circle around an enemy usually means that there is something there that hurts.in nullfield’s case=4 stacks of confusion then when u are attacking again ill cast feedback when u are visible for a sec and ikitteneep spamming, oh well what do u expect?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’ve gotten so fed up with all the nerfs we are getting. Why won’t they just re-do the whole profession altogether? Or replace it with another profession – I don’t mind trading my mesmer with a ritualist.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

I really hope confusion build is not nerfedl It is incredibly useful in WvW. And to all those haters… learn to play your class instead of trying to nerf the others.

If you are killed easily, you are either:
1. unskilled in your class
2. traited wrong
3. better off playing Hello Kitty Online

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’ve gotten so fed up with all the nerfs we are getting. Why won’t they just re-do the whole profession altogether? Or replace it with another profession – I don’t mind trading my mesmer with a ritualist.

Wrong answer, Leo Paul. The answer we should go with is: instead of trying to remake Mesmer for GW2, they should’ve ported the original forward. Reasons include: they had multiple years of experience with the original spread, and as such, probably could’ve balanced it out easier in this game. By changing how Mesmers work, in general, they reopened a Can of Wyrms that could’ve been sealed by now.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Wrong answer, Leo Paul. The answer we should go with is: instead of trying to remake Mesmer for GW2, they should’ve ported the original forward. Reasons include: they had multiple years of experience with the original spread, and as such, probably could’ve balanced it out easier in this game. By changing how Mesmers work, in general, they reopened a Can of Wyrms that could’ve been sealed by now.

Yea the gw2 mesmer feels so different from the gw1 mesmer (I also mained a mesmer in GW1). It would’ve been better if they stayed true to its mechanics. The ‘variations’ we have now are a joke compared to how versatile mesmers really are in GW1.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

Yea the gw2 mesmer feels so different from the gw1 mesmer (I also mained a mesmer in GW1). It would’ve been better if they stayed true to its mechanics. The ‘variations’ we have now are a joke compared to how versatile mesmers really are in GW1.

Never played GW1, but read up on it once I became interested in GW2. Just from what I read, GW1 Mesmer > GW2, easy. Selective lockdown and mindkitten is just a
fun concept. As for the “OP” criers, if we could select what manner of mindkitten we employ, while being horrid at the other aspects, one could argue it balances itself.
Especially if they’d then used the GW1 experiences to finetune things.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

I’ve been playing mesmer in pvp a bunch and I think the problem is that it’s hard to target what your actually trying to target unless your melee(from the oppositions perspective). Like when I’m another class trying to fight a mesmer my skills will just target clones and my mouse cursor will get lost in the fray and so I have to tab through all the clones. By that time you’re like half dead whether you were actually tricked by the clones or not. And they have decent damage for all the confusion they inflict, psychologically and mechanic wise. So like they aren’t really overpowered, it’s just difficult to even target the real mesmer even when you know which one it is. But, they should keep all the unique mesmer stuff, that’s why I like them so much, but then again fragile clones and phantasms are sort of a gimmick but an awesome one at that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

I seriously don’t understand the crying about confusion. It has a short duration, and….it’s only triggered if YOU trigger it. You need a crapload of stacks for it to be something other than, “oh a pink pinwheel on my toon…that’s cute.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

You broke the thief, mesmer is next on the list.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I really hope confusion build is not nerfedl It is incredibly useful in WvW. And to all those haters… learn to play your class instead of trying to nerf the others.

2. traited wrong

It’s funny, I convinced a Mesmer to request nerfs on confusion after he’s been hit by the Pry Bar, I required to be on melee range though, but well… you know, HGH*409.

While what you say here is about as useful as a screen-door on a submarine, if you don’t think that Confusion is overpowered, then none of you has a right to point at the potency of D/D Elementalists, it’s simple as that.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

2. traited wrong

watch out in hello kitty online is this duelist cat class, that is totally op and needs a nerf,because the ninja cat class can’t kill it with one hit.XD

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Healurownbum.8175

Healurownbum.8175

This is how i feel i keep coming back to the game cause i want to love it, cause i mained mesmer in GW1 but i keep leaving after playing for a day or two. They have nothing left from old mesmers. I figured con mesmer would be close to how my mesmer was. But confusion sucks in PvE so hard i just cba with it anymore. Very dissapointed with this GW2 Mesmer playstyle i loved degening or making them pay for casting attacking. Now i just spam illusions and auto attacks. I hate it and its failure in my eyes. 60 bucks wasted in my eyes

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

2. traited wrong

It’s funny, I convinced a Mesmer to request nerfs on confusion after he’s been hit by the Pry Bar, I required to be on melee range though, but well… you know, HGH*409.

While what you say here is about as useful as a screen-door on a submarine, if you don’t think that Confusion is overpowered, then none of you has a right to point at the potency of D/D Elementalists, it’s simple as that.

D/D Ele>All and confusion from an HGH is way more potent than confusion from a Mesmer because the stacks last longer and the HGH engi gets some very potent boons.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

So why in the nine hells engineers have more potent mesmer-specific condition, than mesmers themselves? I find this highly offending.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

You twonks who think mesmers are an OP easy to play class, you are sadly mistaken. Mesmer is by FAR the hardest class to play. I have spent over 500 hours on my mesmer and STILL haven’t mastered it. Its not a thief where you can just go steal, C&D and backstab in a second for 15000 damage, then if that doesnt work spam heartseeker till they die, but it takes time. Us mesmers have to learn how to use our clones wisely, (stacking up auto attack conditions, making yourself really hard to find (Decoy, Phase Retreat, Blink) and then theres the phantasms, you have to make sure they hit at the right time, as a good way to start your enemy off before going into main burst attacks.
The only reason everyone wants us to be nerfed is because they are the thief players, and we know thief are the true OP class with their spammable burst damage and constant stealthing.

Mesmers aren’t easy to play and they aren’t OP, they are by far the hardest to play class.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Mesmer

MrForz.1953

So why in the nine hells engineers have more potent mesmer-specific condition, than mesmers themselves? I find this highly offending.

Ask Anet, because us Engineers have no idea, it’s the last thing we’d have ever expected, I don’t think they do have an idea either. If we were to break it down:

Pry Bar gives 5 stacks of Confusion for 5s, requires melee range.
Static Shot gives 2 stacks of confusion, potentially 4, for 3s, ranged and pretty easy to use.
Concussion Bomb gives 5 stacks of Confusion for 5s too, requires close range and the ennemy to stay in that range.

You’ll rarely see an Engi using all of that, most likely the first two options. And besides that’s not the point. Confusion is most of the time a killer for D/D Elementalists, made many tests, encounters, and a simple, well placed, Pry Bar applied during combat once they’ve attuned to Water and made their Cleansing Wave is often enough to heavily damage one and I’m not even HGH. Explain to me why you can’t do the same, knowing that you can apply a whole load of Confusion while staying in a more or less safe stance, I’m curious, I honestly am.

To finish, I speak about a nerf, or a ‘fix’ to confusion in general, not YOUR confusion.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

You twonks who think mesmers are an OP easy to play class, you are sadly mistaken. Mesmer is by FAR the hardest class to play. I have spent over 500 hours on my mesmer and STILL haven’t mastered it. Its not a thief where you can just go steal, C&D and backstab in a second for 15000 damage, then if that doesnt work spam heartseeker till they die, but it takes time. Us mesmers have to learn how to use our clones wisely, (stacking up auto attack conditions, making yourself really hard to find (Decoy, Phase Retreat, Blink) and then theres the phantasms, you have to make sure they hit at the right time, as a good way to start your enemy off before going into main burst attacks.
The only reason everyone wants us to be nerfed is because they are the thief players, and we know thief are the true OP class with their spammable burst damage and constant stealthing.

Mesmers aren’t easy to play and they aren’t OP, they are by far the hardest to play class.

Huzzah! Well said.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

You twonks who think mesmers are an OP easy to play class, you are sadly mistaken. Mesmer is by FAR the hardest class to play..

Play, no pretty easy, to master? sure its difficult.

the mesmers shatters currently are over the top on burst, i play a variation of Osicat’s build and i have to say you can pretty much do exactly what thieves do by exploding your clones, its not difficult to do, to survive sure the games completely different then and you really do have to learn to use clones wisely, even for shatters your right you have to pick or set-up that perfect moment, but i can have a confusion + mind wrack more or less instantly after each other, thats not skill thats ‘’your under my nose cos i want you to be BAMTAGOO, take that’’ and there almost or are dead.

granted its not heartseeker so you cant spam it, however any thief that spams heartseeker has no clue, especially when your above 25% hp, no point and a waste of the thiefs potential.

honestly thieves are not bad at all, i don’t get all the crying good ones who play stealth will be a pain in the but, hell when i play my mesmer Clonestealth build i’m sure that annoys the hell out of people, however learn to counter stealth it is not difficult, dodge, phase, slam, jump(i mean leap:P) anything to get out of the situation.

its the same with mesmers great (good) mesmers will disguise themselves in cones a lot better than the not so good ones but, the fact still remains, were easy to spot and thieves are easy to counter, unless there very good.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Funny thing is, this topic doesn’t even seem to come up in the engineer forum. I guess it’s just part of the usual “I don’t understand mesmers, please nerf them” campaign.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

Ask Anet, because us Engineers have no idea, it’s the last thing we’d have ever expected, I don’t think they do have an idea either. If we were to break it down:

Pry Bar gives 5 stacks of Confusion for 5s, requires melee range.
Static Shot gives 2 stacks of confusion, potentially 4, for 3s, ranged and pretty easy to use.
Concussion Bomb gives 5 stacks of Confusion for 5s too, requires close range and the ennemy to stay in that range.

You’ll rarely see an Engi using all of that, most likely the first two options. And besides that’s not the point. Confusion is most of the time a killer for D/D Elementalists, made many tests, encounters, and a simple, well placed, Pry Bar applied during combat once they’ve attuned to Water and made their Cleansing Wave is often enough to heavily damage one and I’m not even HGH. Explain to me why you can’t do the same, knowing that you can apply a whole load of Confusion while staying in a more or less safe stance, I’m curious, I honestly am.

To finish, I speak about a nerf, or a ‘fix’ to confusion in general, not YOUR confusion.

Reliable instant 5 stacks of confusion for 5s untraited – that’s the problem.
I’d gladly have stuff like this, even if it hits in melee.
Let’s take confusion outta pry bar, make it stun or daze, whatever. Yes, I feel jellyfishes. Look at our scepter 3 and you’ll know why.

And I’ll happily explain, why we can’t do the same in one phrase: mesmer confusion takes time to setup. With your pry bar of destruction, you have to worry only about one thing: range.

(edited by Winds.3087)

in Mesmer

Iruwen.3164

Imo the lower damage and short range balance pry bar. Cooldown’s the same as confusing images.

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

But everyone can dodge confusing images, in fact I haven’t seen someone who can’t since september.

in Mesmer

Iruwen.3164

Pry bar is prone to many short range interrupts in addition to harder dodging though, it was just buffed in February so I guess ANet is well aware of how it works.

in Mesmer

MrForz.1953

Funny thing is, this topic doesn’t even seem to come up in the engineer forum. I guess it’s just part of the usual “I don’t understand mesmers, please nerf them” campaign.

We have nothing to complain about, we were more surprised than anyone to have that buff while we were expecting another nerf that actually never came. Don’t worry about it, we’re all pigeonholed into Tool Kit now.

To finish.. No, I’m not sure that Anet knows well how it works, infact, they have troubles trying to get us anywhere.

And besides, what’s the overall thought about confusion triggering on abilities linked to dodging?

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

And besides, what’s the overall thought about confusion triggering on abilities linked to dodging?

I’d say it should only trigger on “attack-oriented” abilities, tbh. Makes no sense, you take damage from Guardian heal-dodge, for instance. Or non-attack Ele swaps. But that’s just my opinion.

in Mesmer

Iruwen.3164

Imo it shouldn’t. I’d further discuss if it should trigger on heal or generally purely defensive abilities. If it’s nerfed, it has to be accompanied by some kind of condition buff (at least for mesmers, don’t know about engis) though as we’re not really good at stacking up other conditions and condition duration doesn’t affect conditions applied by illusions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The big diff between Eng and Mes cond builds is that the Eng will still have other conditions on demand… mesmer gets random conditions… one of which is vuln… and a phant which is power based -.-

A cond Eng without good confusion damage still does quite a bit of damage… a cond mes on the other hand… not so much…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

watch out in hello kitty online is this duelist cat class, that is totally op and needs a nerf,because the ninja cat class can’t kill it with one hit.XD

LOL

Thieves are probably one of the worst profession designs I’ve seen. 24/7 stealth 10k+ in clicking your mouse twice.

If a shatter spec mesmer is violating you then you need to dodge and aim better because he/she is a glass cannon and should be down in a few hits.

If a condition mesmer just stood there and watched you kill yourself… then I’m at a loss for words. Confusion nerf isn’t a solution to you paying attention to those pink/purple bubbles popping up everything you spam heart seeker.

in Mesmer

MrForz.1953

I’d say it should only trigger on “attack-oriented” abilities, tbh. Makes no sense, you take damage from Guardian heal-dodge, for instance. Or non-attack Ele swaps. But that’s just my opinion.

Yes, the whole point, not sure about the ‘attack oriented’ ones, but that’s more of a personal matter.

Used to run a non-HGH Engineer that invested traits into explosives, the 5 points trait gets you to drop a bomb everytime you dodge roll. The few times I was hit with confusion I’d take damage when switching kits, using abilities, and dodging, awful experience, especially when my only condition removal ability was inside another kit, literaly got myself destroyed on the first two seconds. Confusion was probably meant to hit us engineers hard, but that’s one more reason to not bother with kits and use HGH*409.

in Mesmer

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

Hardly. They’re pretty easy to play, actually. Easiest? Definitely not. Hardest? Not without a stretch. High skill cap != hard to play. There’s a lot of ins-and-outs with mesmers (as with every profession), but that doesn’t make them harder to play because they’re still very effective 1v1 and group settings without knowing these tips and tricks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I feel your pain. It does seem like other classes want all our core mechanics gone from the game. They hate portals, they hate shatters, they hate phantoms, they hate confusion, they hate everything we do. The reason for this is that Mesmers are hard to predict. We’re not OP, just bewildering to other players. More then any other class, how we trait completely alters our gameplay. A Shatter Cat verses Chaos Maestro verses Confusion build are all so different. You really don’t know what you’re getting with a Mesmer until mid-fight. Are we burst dam? Are we condition? Are we tanking? What was that weird thing we just did where we disappeared, then turned you into a moa? Other classes hate to be startled. They hate learning other classes skills and would just prefer to make us so weak, we’re ineffectual. I for one love this class and hope that Anet supports and protects the integrity of our odd, beautiful pink butterflies.

I like that you have said that we are not OP but rather than we are BEWILDERING to other players with our diversity of attacks… anything less and we would NOT be mesmers.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Mesmer

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hardly. They’re pretty easy to play, actually. Easiest? Definitely not. Hardest? Not without a stretch. High skill cap != hard to play. There’s a lot of ins-and-outs with mesmers (as with every profession), but that doesn’t make them harder to play because they’re still very effective 1v1 and group settings without knowing these tips and tricks.

I totally disagree with you, they are not easy to play… Not the hardest either, I’d put that in the Thief category… but easy? No freaking way.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security