*sigh* I-leap range bug again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

New I-leap Yay!!! … Goes strait on c/d at max range sometimes… Boo!

This issue has been fixed and broken again and again since release. Why is it impossible to permanently fix this? Surely this is a range issue in the code or whatever back up that is saved for editing when it comes to updates.

Suggested bandaid fix: make range 610-650 keep the range indicator at 600.

Edit: Added pictures.

Attachments:

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I was sitting there saying the same thing.

“OMG ileap now indicates range! … Wait.. it still fails miserably when I’m out of range, it just now tells me I’m a failure in big letters. =/”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Since it doesn’t do anything when out of range, it shouldn’t work unless in range. Simple.

One day Anet may code well. One day.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dwillikers.2348

dwillikers.2348

Since it doesn’t do anything when out of range, it shouldn’t work unless in range. Simple.

Hmm, I seem to remember specifically whenever I tried casting this out of range, the ability never triggers and it goes on CD, and then I get mad at myself.

I could be wrong though, or maybe it’s a personal issue.

I seem to have a lot of those.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

Hmm, I seem to remember specifically whenever I tried casting this out of range, the ability never triggers and it goes on CD, and then I get mad at myself.

I could be wrong though, or maybe it’s a personal issue.

I seem to have a lot of those.

^ my experience as well. but i know others who totally dig it – glad it works for them.

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

I’m fine with the skill failing when out of range, if anything that just adds to counter play.

But when you are in range and the little red line is not under the skill. It should work without going strait to cool down >>

in Mesmer

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Still needs to be like 900 range imo….

Devona’s Rest

in Mesmer

Posted by: tonkatsu.9067

tonkatsu.9067

This! I find it less reliable than before, at least before I was able to see my clone move to my target and could time my swap now in a big heavy fight I can barely tell if my clone is at my target or if it failed. There is some work to be done here guys…

Also when I ileap into a temporal curtain and swap it seems to want to proc light aura but it quickly dissapears? Im i doing this wrong or is this bugged?

Tyrrionne – Jade Quarry Thief/Mesmer/Engi

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

The out of range issue is annoying, but I love ileap wayyyy more than I did before. It’s less buggy for me to be honest, and helps me to land the swap more often. Any amount of improvement to our skills is a win considering ANET’s track record.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

on the plus side swap seems to work wayyyy past 600 range. but shhh :P

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

on the plus side swap seems to work wayyyy past 600 range. but shhh :P

Pretty sure it always worked that way though. I remember doing swap after I’ve blinked away (to cause confusion or simply to break stun) before the update.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Works fine for me. Maybe you get oor during the casting animation?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

This skill has so much counter play with the clone killing no swap issue….

I think it would be best to allow the skill to be used out of range so long as the clone only teleports 600 range in the direction of the enemy from were the mesmer is.

That way even when the target is out of range we can still summon the clone and use it as a mobility skill at least (would still require a target!, and could be countered by killing the clone!)

Also I HATE the change to i leaps/I swaps leap finisher status…sure I understand why we cant get 2 leap finishers on 1 skill. But why make I swap the leap finisher from a balance perspective??? If anything it should be the other way around. The casting of i leap should be the leap finisher and I swap should not be one.

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

@Xyonon

It seems to be inconsistent since it does work a lot of the time.

But I tested on stationary targets while standing still. Making it impossible for the range to have changed.

I’ll upload pics later.

Edit:
As you can see from the pictures above, I was within the range indicator the whole time and the skill still went strait to cooldown.

(edited by Daishi.6027)