theoryc: berserker vulnerability stack mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Hi you all,

I will start theorycrafting how a mesmer can stack vulnerability (I want to compete with engineer -crazy face-) for a PVE dungeon build.

Before starting, as I cannot find any discussion about it, has anyone tried this before?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

How can you compete with somone who’s got constant 20-25 stacks up? :o IMPOSSIBRU!!

As for me, directly tried – no. It happens passive if you interrupt enemies e.g. But directly focus on it – nah, never done

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I don’t know about you guys, but I have zero trouble at all keeping 10-25 stacks of vulnerability up on most things just using my condi build,

I would like to mention that I actually hit like a wet noodle at the best of times with my kitten power but its like 230 damage increased to 265 or something like that ^^ either way its not too noticeable for a condi build as it doesn’t affect conditions, which is a shame, I think it would be great it if made condi’s do more damage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Conditions just have to get better scalings, that’s all. They’re awful atm. btt:
How do you manage 10-25 stacks with a mesmer? o.O

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

That’s the thing Natsu, can we get 25 stacks with a berserker (with condition duration) build? Sword and staff autoattacks stack them, so…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Hm, I actually haven’t really thought of testing this, ill go give it a whirl in some PvE zerker sesh and let you know.

*After I fail again at this kitten tequila :’(

(edited by Natsu Dragneel.1625)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

You should be able to get at least 4 stacks of vulnerability when constantly auto-attacking without any condition duration (rounded, 5s per stack, about ~2s to perform the chain, 2 stacks per chain). Assuming 80% condition duration you should be able to get about 8 stacks.

You could add Rending Shatter + Illusionary Persona?
That would be 4 stacks of vulnerability per shatter?
And a Sigil of Frailty? Not sure on the CD.

I’m just not sure if this is reasonable because you will be chaining your AA. Unfortunately, the best vulnerability a Mesmer can provide is through daze and interrupt.

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

First draft:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAsdWlwzqq3UTgGaNJxZGMf5oZg9sTqgqLVA3A-jACBYNCikGAEIwUCRM5pIaslhFRjVXDT5iIqOKAIC-e

I cannot test now but I would say that:
i) With sword AA we should get like 10-12 stacks.
ii) And with staff like 20-25 stacks.
Guess you can summon you phantasms properly and then focusing in getting as much stacks as possible.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

Xaylin, according wiki is a 10 sec cooldown. So far, I cannot find a shatter build that I like.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Domination 20 number IV, 3 clones + IP -> Diversion, following by sword 4 or mantra of distraction for extra spice.

There, 25 stacks. They won’t last long though.

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

Long ago I run with a 20/20/0/0/30 shatter build. Dom IV is not consistent enough.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Baa.4582

Baa.4582

3 sword clones and +70% vuln duration can keep up around 22 stacks, but it doesn’t do much else since phants aren’t being used. You can go with shatter traits but hold off on shatters till your sword3 and endurance is filled, so that you can bring up 3 clones right after the shatter. Maybe a clone-death build? That doesn’t use berserker stats though.

in Mesmer

Ryn.6459

Second draft:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQJAWWl0zCoHSzqGa9IiJFBHyhmx1ldlZgbXIA-jwBBIMBiEJQ5PFRjtKsIasaGYaUER1eEFRrOKAIC-e

I drop reflections and no swiftness but (at work so I cannot test) I think it should be able to keep 25 stacks of might, 25 stacks of vulnerabilty, 100% fury uptime, party wide.

The idea is to adjust how many phantasms you keep up according party capacity of stacking might and vulnerabilty.

What do you think?