2 months later, what`s changed?

in Necromancer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Hey,
I played necro since launch, but 2 months ago I have stopped. I considered that there were too many bugs (regarding the necro), and the other professions did not feel right for me.

I have not been reading the news / forums, so total disconnect.

Anything that changed in good since I left? Worth comming back? How`s the community / air / etc?

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

I have not been reading the news / forums

The solution to your problem is, your problem.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

I have not been reading the news / forums, so total disconnect.

How about start reading them?

in Necromancer

rogerwilko.6895

well at least the trolls are still present.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Due to devs not visiting this sub-forum much, the red posts are ALL ON THE FIRST PAGE. Would it really take that much time off of you to read a few simple post? It won’t even take up the time you post and wait for someone to answer. If you really do want answer to your lazy question, here it is:

- JH don’t give free rally any more (supposedly)
- Signet of Locust getting speed buff at 12/14
- New DS UI is being worked on
- Nothing else

Now get on with your life and spend your time on things that matter, because there aren’t many changes.

(edited by Recycle.5493)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please refrain from making personal attacks. The player has asked a question and, if you think he should have read the forums, you can point it in a more polite way.

Please, contribute with the community by helping this player with his questions.

Thanks

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Actually on that JH post. Nero has a nice video of a mesmer using illusion of life on a down thief, thief kills a JH and the thief is now back in the game (not just for 15 seconds) since it counted as a kill for the illusion of life.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Illusion-of-Life-and-Vengeance/first#post992594

in Necromancer

rogerwilko.6895

thx, will check the patch notes when they surface.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Most of the changes happened here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-November-15-2012

Note that not all of them work properly, but yeah.
Or if you are too lazy to click and scroll:

Necromancer

The Soul Reaping trait line now properly increases maximum Life Force.
Ghastly Claws: This skill’s damage has been increased by 10% and updated to indicate the correct life force gained.
Reaper’s Touch: This skill applies 4 stacks of vulnerability per hit instead of 3.
Mark of Blood: This skill now uses the standard staff scythe cast effects.
Spectral Wall: This skill now applies its recharge at the correct time instead of both during and after casting.
Dark Path: This skill now applies it recharge at the correct time instead of both during and after casting.
Spinal Shivers: This skill’s casting effects and audio are now consistent with or without the Spiteful Talisman trait.
Soul Marks and Mark of Revival: These traits now work together to grant 3% life force to players when triggered.
Death Nova: This skill now properly activates when using Taste of Death and Putrid Explosion. The internal cooldown has been removed. This skill’s field duration is now 4 seconds, and the rate it pulses has been increased to every 2 seconds. Its poison duration is 5 seconds per pulse.
Weakening Shroud: This trait now functions underwater.
Mark of Evasion: This trait is no longer a blast finisher when the mark is created.
Plague Blast: This skill’s casting time has been reduced.
Death Shroud: Moa Morph now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud and using their entire bar while in the transform.
Deadly Catch: This skill now pulls enemies to the necromancer in a reliable fashion.
Summon Blood Fiend: The Blood Fiend’s survivability has been increased, and its attack now heals the necromancer for 200% of its previous heal.
Spectral Walk: This skill now sets its underwater slot appropriately on recharge.
Corrosive Poison Cloud: This skill’s duration tooltip has been corrected.
Frozen Abyss: This skill now lists the vulnerability it applies.
Spectral Grasp: This skill’s projectile velocity has been increased by 33%.
Lich Form: Leaving this skill now removes stability from the player to make the removal consistent with all other transform elites.
Feast: This skill no longer causes damage to the necromancer.
Sinking Tomb: This skill now has a correct range of 1200, cannot hit targets above the water, and has to hit the target to cause the sink effect.
Vampiric Precision, Vampiric Rituals, and Vampiric: These traits have been updated so that they don’t heal enemies when in lower-level areas.
Signet of Spite: This skill’s description now indicates all conditions applied.

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

rogerwilko.6895

cool, thx.

Any news about the max bleed stacks on one target?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Not a word on the bleed cap from the devs, it still remains an issue across the board

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

long answer: bug fixes

short answer: nothing – minion ai still broke, bleed cap, heal siphon sucks, etc.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in Necromancer

rogerwilko.6895

I will wait for the patch notes that will come today I guess.
edit: there is still hope.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

all of the changes have been super minor changes and minor bug fixes. sort of like painting a car that has been in a head on collision, or changing the tooltip on a broken skill, because you can’t fix the skill, so you just change the tooltip to display how the skill is borked. And by minor changes, there has been no changes that have changed how necro is played, nor has it made any more builds viable.

The maximum life force does not seem fixed to me. You go 30 points into the tree, and you might get to live for one hit longer in DS.

REALLY!? I would rather have something else than a one hit protection. That’s our game mechanic? Good job, at least you can take the only non-form induced stability.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Lmao if you think necro is getting buffed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

all of the changes have been super minor changes and minor bug fixes. sort of like painting a car that has been in a head on collision, or changing the tooltip on a broken skill, because you can’t fix the skill, so you just change the tooltip to display how the skill is borked. And by minor changes, there has been no changes that have changed how necro is played, nor has it made any more builds viable.

The maximum life force does not seem fixed to me. You go 30 points into the tree, and you might get to live for one hit longer in DS.

REALLY!? I would rather have something else than a one hit protection. That’s our game mechanic? Good job, at least you can take the only non-form induced stability.

You have to admit though, that WAS a pretty big bug fix we got. That’s probably the single biggest change to Necros to date

in Necromancer

rogerwilko.6895

did about 2 hours of wvwvw, except a plus to run speed, nothing else changed much. same old shait cond ticks and condition removal by every other class, meh.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fireline.6093

Fireline.6093

In short Necro hasn’t changed since it was nerfed in beta.

Lvl 80 Norn Reaper