A Suggestion to make axe better for PvP

in Necromancer

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

I appreciate the fact that Anet buffed axe damage in many updates to make it in line with other weapons in a matter of damage but players are still complaining because it is still a bad choice.

PvE wise axe is a descent weapon for power builds, people still complain but this weapon is not supposed to deal as much damage as a dagger when you stay at melee range and take too much risk by pummeling the boss with a squishy class.

In PvP I see axe as the most unreliable weapon simply because of the ineffectiveness of its auto-attack against players and because axe #3 requires you to stand in the middle of a zerg to get the best results.

As a fix I suggest that axe #1 should remove a boon each time it is used, that would make “Spiteful Talisman” talent a better choice for pvp especially when you combo it with focus and “Spinal shivers”, it will also give power necros a free slot for a defensive utility instead of being forced to use skills such as corrupt boons or nothing can save you.

As for axe #3 I suggest that this skill gets a 900 range with ground targeting so necros could use it to kite melee classes and to debuff zergs without taking heavy risks, I also hope Anet considers the possibility of making it unblockable like every necro skill that converts boons into conditions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

I’m sorry, but these suggestions are entirely broken; A one-attack auto chain that strips boons on a ranged weapon is absurd, Necro Scepter and Mesmer Sword have it on the last attack of a 3-attack auto chain. There’s no comparison. Giving Unholy Feast unblockable just makes an already loaded ability even more punishing for no good reason; making abilities unblockable is generally anti-fun as it reduces counterplay for other classes, no class should have access to too much of it. The concept of Unholy Feast isn’t necessarily to be offensive at all times, but defensive/reactive to help you peel/kite or go fully offensive on your target.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

tbh axe as a weapon is viable. The problem is that power necro just isn’t internally synergistic enough to be playable in PvP. Outside of Spite being awesome the rest of the traitlines aren’t doing much for power and you end up with a lot okittenward choices that usually end up pitting “being useful” against “being able to not die”

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Posted by: MeinUguu.8256

MeinUguu.8256

Why not just make Axe deal increasingly more damage the closer you are?

You sit at range, you hit for 300. They get in your face, it goes to 450, etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

While axe may not be the best dmg-wise(typical necro problem), all I want is to make skill 2 actually follow foes like ranger longbow 2. One dodge/sidestep and the whole thing misses which is pretty terrible.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

While axe may not be the best dmg-wise(typical necro problem), all I want is to make skill 2 actually follow foes like ranger longbow 2. One dodge/sidestep and the whole thing misses which is pretty terrible.

Axe 2 does follow target, it only misses if they exit it’s range.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

It does track targets, in stealth and everything.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

DTATL.9641

Maybe I make it bug then because it sure don’t always do that for me. It just seems like the “cone” in front of you where it hits is just really narrow in comparison to LB2

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

Maybe I make it bug then because it sure don’t always do that for me. It just seems like the “cone” in front of you where it hits is just really narrow in comparison to LB2

Just make sure you aren’t holding right click if you want it to track perfectly; the skill will get cancelled mid-channel if they break camera:player model interaction (i.e. they run through your character to get behind you).

~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

DTATL.9641

Just make sure you aren’t holding right click if you want it to track perfectly; the skill will get cancelled mid-channel if they break camera:player model interaction (i.e. they run through your character to get behind you).

Yeah I know that though I find it strange that it does as the skill doesn’t require a target to activate. Not that it matters much and all the other channelling skills that I can think of works that way too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Yeah I know that though I find it strange that it does as the skill doesn’t require a target to activate. Not that it matters much and all the other channelling skills that I can think of works that way too.

Actually no. Life siphon (dagger 2) only needs facing at the start but during the channel facing isnt required. That why it is annoying to go from dagger to axe. You are so used to the fact that you channel works no matter the facing and then with axe it suddenly interrupts the channel.

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

Actually no. Life siphon (dagger 2) only needs facing at the start but during the channel facing isnt required. That why it is annoying to go from dagger to axe. You are so used to the fact that you channel works no matter the facing and then with axe it suddenly interrupts the channel.

Channels don’t require targets to cast; you can easily use Life Transfer, Spinal Shivers, Rapid Fire, etc. without actually targeting anything. In fact, I highly recommend the Allow Skill Retargeting option if you aren’t using it already, as it allows you to maintain a channel and use the ability on a different target than originally selected.

~Bhawb.7409

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I play a direct damage build in PvP but is more for fun than for it’s damage. But I’m seriously surprised how good it is and sometimes make me win a 1vs1 or be able to fight in a team fight inflicting some damage (a thing that sometimes is impossible as a condi build why scepter is still a bad condi weapon compared to all the others, good only why corrupt a boon in the 3* chain, nothing more -skill 2 is barely useful to build LF and his damage is medium, no more and skill 3 is really bad, still if it’s AoE).

Axe is a Ranged weapon and for that it have to inflict lesser damage than a dagger. I use Spite to increase it’s damage and reduce the cd of skill 2 and that make it viable, good to build up LF and ignore all the “projectile reflect/block” effects, that is anyway a good thing against engi or -some few- guardian).

in Necromancer

DTATL.9641

ah yeah totally forgot bout that one. I was thinking bout similar skills to axe 2 and I’ve always thought of it as aoe like DS4 even though it isn’t. My memory ain’t good enough to remember all skills which is why I wrote those I can think of but I should have remembered that one. A bit embarrasing.

in Necromancer

DTATL.9641

Channels don’t require targets to cast; you can easily use Life Transfer, Spinal Shivers, Rapid Fire, etc. without actually targeting anything. In fact, I highly recommend the Allow Skill Retargeting option if you aren’t using it already, as it allows you to maintain a channel and use the ability on a different target than originally selected.

I was talking bout the automatic skillcanceling when target goes out of sight. skill retargeting don’t fix that

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I know but what has that anything to do with what i said?

I was talking about facing. For example lets take a golem in the mists as target. So if you channel life siphon and run though the golem during the channel it will not stop the channel. However if you do that with ghastly claws it will stop the channel. Hence life siphon doesnt reqire facing during the channel but ghastly claws does.

in Necromancer

Zero Solstice.9754

I know but what has that anything to do with what i said?

I was talking about facing. For example lets take a golem in the mists as target. So if you channel life siphon and run though the golem during the channel it will not stop the channel. However if you do that with ghastly claws it will stop the channel. Hence life siphon doesnt reqire facing during the channel but ghastly claws does.

It doesn’t have to do with you because it wasn’t directed at you. It was a quote chain leading back to DTATL.

~Bhawb.7409