Any Necros Play Solo?

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Random.6734

Random.6734

I actually like playing solo but I’m wondering if you’re having the same problem I am. Skill Challenges. For me, about a quarter of all Skill Challenges are too over-run with re-spawning mobs that I soon exceed my re-charges and get over-run. As in I can’t get that point unless I wait around for a group to come by.
Do all professions have a percentage of Skill Challenges they can’t solo?
Are there necromancers who – solo – get all Skill Challenges?
-Random

-Random

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fierro.8901

Fierro.8901

I think all skill challenges in game easy soloing. It was easy for me with guardian, ranger, engi, necro and mesmer. Unlikely, some mobs near skill challenges can make your life much harder.

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

I don’t know about necros because I am only playing my ele right now but so far I could finish all skill callenges on my own without any problems. Usually I just summon my earth elemental (elite one if it is a difficult skill callenge) and let it tank for me. While it is tanking I can simply kill the enemy without having to worry about my hp.

Not having a tank was the main reason for me to nearly die sometimes but once I figured out that it actually helps a lot I had no more problems.

Maybe you should try that too. Use some minions as tanks and try it again.

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I am a necro that have played alot on this character. I can survive longer and kill more stuff on my necro, than on my warrior. If you use the right build, you can do the skill challanges EASY.

Dagger mainhand + well of suffering + well of corruption is always a great start. Very good DPS, aswell you can heal up using daggers number 2 skill, and go into death shroud when getting low on HP.

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

This game has made defense so player “skill” focused that any sense of difficulty hinges on your finger dexterity and reaction time.

And that is before we try to account for differences in player side hardware, like multi-button, scriptable, rodents or specialized “keyboards”.

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

Necros are among the easiest profession to solo – death shroud effectively doubles your health, plus a well necro can do massive aoe and crowd control while healing and protecting themselves. Alternatively, you can hide behind minions.

(edited by the moidart.3612)

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Funny thing about wells is that they in essence require you to stand still and take a beating. Try to dodge and you pulled that mob group off the well, loosing quite a bit of DPS in the process. This while the rest of the game is basically built around player keeping on the move and dodging…

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

I play Necro the most, and solo’d it for the entire mapping of PvE. Didn’t have any real problems.

I never had a real issue with well AoE to be honest… but I also run a Dagger/Focus with Staff onhand so was up in Combat 90% of the time anyways. In PvE it’s a pretty simple affair to kite circles around enemies while keeping them in the AoE. Especially with Dagger 3. Wells aren’t exactly small areas. The only welll I actually find Problematic for staying in is Well of Blood, which can get filled with Enemy AoE and effectively cutting you off from the best healing portion of that skill.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yourself.6870

Yourself.6870

I played a minion necro all the way to lvl80 and I never needed any help with a skill challenge. Granted, some I did with other players, but just because they were doing them at the same time.

If you are having trouble with a particular challenge just switch out your skills to better accomodate the type of fight the challenge represents.

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

[SFD] – Maguuma

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shivenis.3761

Shivenis.3761

I have mine at level 25 and I’ve been solo everytime, I didn’t had any problem with skill points and I can say I’m not a very good player ^^U
Maybe you need to try another build or playstyle.

(edited by Shivenis.3761)

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Random.6734

Random.6734

Thank you all for a diverse bunch of responses.
-Random

-Random

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

Funny thing about wells is that they in essence require you to stand still and take a beating. Try to dodge and you pulled that mob group off the well, loosing quite a bit of DPS in the process. This while the rest of the game is basically built around player keeping on the move and dodging…

Eeh, the wells are one of the largest area effects around, you’ve got plenty of room to move in them. Not to mention you can drop other aoe spells as you move around, like the staff spells for example.

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

I usually can solo most of them, but there’s one Ascalonian territory in the NE corner of Plains of Ashford that I can’t get to alone, as a lvl 37. There’s multiple veterans and fast-respawning regular Ascalonian ghosts. Even the Signet of Locust won’t let me speed by them because there is a vet right by the commune point and others will also be drawn in.

So I’ll just wait until some time when server population is up and go then. I might try the spy kit, but I think I’ll still draw to many to me once I reappear.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Eeh, the wells are one of the largest area effects around, you’ve got plenty of room to move in them. Not to mention you can drop other aoe spells as you move around, like the staff spells for example.

Laying down a ground target in the path of a moving target while on the move myself? Thanks, but i got enough on my hands as it is…

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: panikos.8309

panikos.8309

? Do we play solo ? Necro is all about soloing. You choose to be a necromancer cause you hate the living! You are such an antisocial person that you prefer to raise the dead, instead of talking to the living, if you ever you find yourself in need of some company! And when you are done with them you just make them explode.

Wells and staff aoe-s + scepter-focus for endless kitting or dagger-focus for upcloseandpersonal. Do lots of condition damage preferably. At lvl 20 with greens I would first gather 4-5 mobs on me otherwise I would not bother killing things. At max level though depends on how you wants things around you to die

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Thats why you use a dagger mainhand.. number 3 skill will immobize your foe, for 4 seconds

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

Laying down a ground target in the path of a moving target while on the move myself? Thanks, but i got enough on my hands as it is…

Lay down a well, dodge, drop a few aoe. It’s not hard to do. If you move to the edge of the well and dodge into the well, you pretty much end up on the other side of it, and you’ve kited the mobs around the well.

Any Necros Play Solo?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

As a necro, I can solo some champion mobs as well. It takes a long time but it’s doable.
Necro is a very good class for normal pve (personal story, events, solo exploring, etc.)

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)