Asura or Charr?

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flurry.6812

Flurry.6812

soo iwas thinking on creating an alt after having enough time played on my Ranger..

Aaaanndd iwas thinking between asura or Charr Necro’s but i dont know whom to choose
can anyone who has these setup classes tell any pro’s and cons purely aesthetic*
in your opinion ofcourse!

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Ghostly Mask on Asuras is amazing. Just try it out.

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Between those two I think the charr would make the most sense, however the only necro armor is Arah, and it looks terrible on charr but silly on asura, so it’s up to you.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flurry.6812

Flurry.6812

i Think Dry bones looks awesome on asura though

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: dRiZzLe.2089

dRiZzLe.2089

My Charr Necro. With the Skull Face mask. I’m never getting rid of it…looks awesome!

Still saving for some T3 Cultural and Arrah Leggings.

Attachments:

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Ghostly Masque just makes your asura look blind, doesn’t give that eye glow.

Also you will regret the crappy look of your weapons on asura. Charr if you like being able to see your weapons.

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

With a Charr you’ll get Battle Roar one of the few race skills worth half a something and big Charrs will make your weapons stand out much more if you choose to go for something fancy i.e. Legendary Bifrost staff.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

I would go male charr and give him some wicked armor with the t3 cultural mask and a sick looking staff like The Crossing or Deathwish

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Charr! For the size, and Charr have the hair style with the skulls if you don’t like helmets.

Attachments:

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Control Core.1079

Control Core.1079

Always Charr, Azura are just gnomes copy pasted from WoW.

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Charr also have access to Hidden Pistol, which is one of the few racial skills I would put on par with a standard class skill, just because it’s a dodge and projectile finisher on a 15 second cooldown (which is pretty quick). Necros have a definite lack of these two characteristics.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dispari.3980

Dispari.3980

The concept of a mushroom-cap sylvari necromancer always stood out to me. I probably would’ve made one if I didn’t already have a human necromancer.

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Megothier.3847

Megothier.3847

Very little Asura love up in here

I’m on my first toon, and I went Asura Necro. I absolutely love it. The story is very entertaining and the Asura are all very comedic (I don’t know if the rest of the game is the same way, don’t know if the other races are more serious, but Asura are all clowns :P) If you like Pixar movies then I’d say Asura is very entertaining in a comedic way.

Plus they look like the bat from the old disney cartoon “The Great Mouse Detective”, and that was my favorite character from my favorite cartoon growing up.

“I’ll always remember you, you nameless thing.”

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

charr for sure. i would never roll an asura in anything except spvp, you cant see any detail on their armor or weapons

Attachments:

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Moderator)

Asura or Charr?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Niblit.7452

Niblit.7452

I play an asura necro and i LOVE him.
BUT
you should probably go for charr, because as an asura all your weapons (with staff being the only exception) will be INVISIBLE, and that’s a HUGE drawback.