BW2 Reaper Feedback

BW2 Reaper Feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

Hi there

So some feedback for the Necromancers Elite Spec – The Reaper

Pre Point 1:

Scale of the Scythe seems way out of proportion so may be worth while adjusting the scale of this for the next BWE

Great-Sword Equipped

Skill 1: DS/FT/CS

Damage seems fine with some set-up’s I have tried but still feels so slow not sure if this is going to work considering the time needed to get 1 DS /2FT /3CS off But Damage seems fine,

Skill 2: Grave Digger

Skills seems good, never been to keen on the animation but overall as long as used correctly can be a big boost to any group if adds are together / positioning is correct

• only thing I could add here is reduce the Cast time if succession is used again the next skill or within 2 seconds for example :

First use: use 1.25 seconds
Second use: 1 second
Third use: 0.75 seconds

Skill 3: Death Spiral

Always like this skill but felt the name didn’t truly fit the name or the animation, one thing I would suggest would be to edit the 5th skill to make it an AOE pull in multiple directions skill or change Death Spiral to an AOE 360 radius skill

Death Spiral:
Number of Targets 5
Radias 360

Animation would be a full Cyclone effect but with Icy power that pulls enemys in slowly over 5/6 seconds and then chills and stuns at the end

Skill 4:

Good solid skill, Only feedback I have for this skill is the Radius needs to be larger, The growing affect is good but would suggest increasing its Max range to 360 (at a quicker rate) or higher

Skill 5: * please see Skill 3 notes

Shouts:

The idea behind a shout is if you think about it shouts are pretty much about 2 things

1: Instant / Spontaneous
2: AOE (Can be heard by all Allies and enemies alike)

The only thing I could suggest for these shouts is to make them Instant and when looking at the effects prolong the Dots/buffs/Debuffs/slow/stuns for 2/3 seconds longer, The Cool down reduce via targets is quite nice but apart from dungeons/ SW you rarely get more than 1/2 adds together

• I am purely speaking from a PVE perspective

Reaper Shroud Skills

Skill 1: Good Solid skill works nicely

Skill 2: Charge skill seems to be OK but could do with a knock down on adds when charging or applying some kind of dot to enemies in the path

Skill 3: Stability is good for the 6 seconds

Skill 4: goods skill however would advise increasing the duration by 1-2 seconds or increase spin rate as the skill builds

Skill 5: This skill seemed very much like a Finisher lovely animation but could do with some extra love

Apart from that the class is shaping up lovely

Well Done Devs!

BW2 Reaper Feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

For the scythe out of scale thing. They should make it a graphics option, Make scythe smaller. Because just as there are people who dont like it, there are people who love the huge scythe, and an option in the option menu would make both sides happy

BW2 Reaper Feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Beshbaliq.3724

Beshbaliq.3724

My Feedback regarding the Reaper: overall I’m quite happy with the Skills and changes from BW1.

Still, a little bit more Life Force generation couldn’t hurt. Not that much, just increase the % on the Auto-Attack Chain by 1% with each swing and we’d be golden, I think.

Nightfall could use some changes so that either the skill starts with a higher radius and doesn’t grow as much, or that the skill itself moves with the character, which would be even better.
If you’d consider option 2, the skill could remain at the starting size it is now.

Death Spiral could use a slight damage boost. Nothing to drastic, just a slight tweak so it doesn’t feel as if it’s only there for the vulnerability and life force.

Your Soul Is Mine could do with Insta Cast. It’s not that strong a heal, if compared to others and while the Life Force is a “Nice to Have”-Thing, the damage is totally neglectable.

Also, please let us use these Shouts – especially the Elite one – underwater.
I can’t think of any other class with this restriction and Ele, who also gets shouts, can use those while submerged – so please, consider giving us these skills for underwater-use, so as to not let Necros be the only class not capable of this.

Another small addition that I noticed and that probably isn’t that high on the list of things to do: tweak the particles for all the GS-Skills regarding the Use of a Legendary GS. While I have to say that the usual effects are really well made, the few Particles for Legendary-Use that are in place do feel kind of klunky. For Nightfall, instead of the green swirl, you could use whatever window is used for the Legendary in place. As for the pull on #5: skip the throwing swrods, but color the “Fangs” the same way as the blade of the sword. Skill #2 + #3 could also use some color-adjustement on skill use while wielding a legendary, as could #1, the whole chain. Just skip the green and add the whole window-trail-thingy.
Most likely not a high priority thing, but I bet it would make a lot of players really happy. I know a few who went ahead and forged Twilight/Eternity and even Sunrise just for the Reaper (including myself).

Move along, nothing to see here

(edited by Beshbaliq.3724)

BW2 Reaper Feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakabane.8631

Drakabane.8631

I’ll add my feedback here: I really love the reaper, it’s a great option for necromancer, and the only thing I would change is skill layout: I’m not sure why, but both Reaper shroud and Greatsword feel like they have a really backwards layout. I think the problem is I’m so used to normal Death Shroud (Auto #1, Gap-closer #2, Fear #4, Life -Steal #4, Condis #5) that switching to GS (AA#1, Life-Steal #2, Damage #3, Condis #4, Gap-closer #5) and RS (AA#1, Gap closer #2, Fear #3, Damage #4, Single Control #5) feel weird. It might be better if just the greatsword skills were reorganized, putting Grasping Darkness as skill 2 and Gravedigger as Skill 5, and MAYBE switching #3 with #4.

BW2 Reaper Feedback

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

ALso tested : I love Reaper like Revenant XD

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous