Back to Previous Wells

Back to Previous Wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

This is mainly just because I don’t see why they changed it.

GW2 Changed the duration of Well of Blood ( and I assume all other wells) to 5 seconds from 10. Initially this was due to having Well of Blood as a healing skill I assume, as in, newly created characters, so it’d be quite strong to have a heal that pulses for 10s after casting on a low level character, and yet now we have consume conditions.

so I ask GW2 Please can we have the well duration increased back to 10s? The ranger healing spring lasts 10 seconds, so it removes 5 conditions ( 1 every 2 seconds for 10s). While our heal which lasts shorter, and has a longer recharge ( 35s to ranger’s 30).

Also While we’re at it, change the Reaper’s “Deathly ChilL” trait to give 2 stacks of torment instead of 2 stack of bleed. ty…

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.

Back to Previous Wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Well of Blood was never the starting healing skill for new characters, and even if it was, that would’ve never been the reason for a balancing change like this.

Also, only WoB had its duration shortened, which btw also came with +50% base healing value (patch September 9, 2014).

As for reverting the change back to 10 seconds, there are 2 issues with that:

1. The duration doesn’t matter as long as those pulses don’t heal through Shroud.

2. Nobody cares about Well of Blood.

Back to Previous Wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

Well, I care, Mesmer’s Well of Eternity heals for more AND removes condis.

And yes, it was a starting heal possibly the date you mentioned. ( just so you don’t say something is certain without proof)

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.

Back to Previous Wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Numbers from wiki, since I don’t have Mesmer and my Necro gear is a mess for a moment.

Well of blood total heal: 6640 over 5 seconds, with initial heal of 5,520. With VR (becouse why even bother with wells without it) it’s extra heal of 500, which you get even outside, for 7140 total.

Well of eternity: 7100 in 2 pulses with 3 seconds pause, initial heal of 3230.
Also, WoB is tied to trait that allows it to be casted extra time with some good sinergy. + it can grant protection. Its problem is that other Necro heals are simply better.

Overall, WoE would be even kittenier than WoB if not for alacrity Mesmers stack so much.

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

(edited by Wintermute.5408)

Back to Previous Wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Well, I care, Mesmer’s Well of Eternity heals for more AND removes condis.

And yes, it was a starting heal possibly the date you mentioned. ( just so you don’t say something is certain without proof)

If you make it to 10 seconds, it might be even better than Healing spring now.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Back to Previous Wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

So much this.

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

Back to Previous Wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

And yes, it was a starting heal

You’re right.

This type of info doesn’t seem to be written up anywhere. Took me ages to finally come across a character creation video of a necro with that skill.
I did occasionally create a new necro myself, but somehow I missed that WoB window.

So much this.

Since Reaper + whirl finishers there’s actually a decent chance to match the cleansing potential of Consume Conditions. And with Vampiric Rituals you could actually get a decent amount of extra healing and protection.
However, all of this is very unreliable and would more often than not force you into some awkward positioning. Like, both you and your opponents need to stand in the well for as long as possible, where you can either choose to be healed by the well pulses while in turn face-tanking melee hits that are guaranteed to do more damage than you’re healed for, or you go into Shroud and try to whirl cleanse your condis away but in that case the healing pulses don’t work anyway.

In short, WoB just isn’t worth the hassle.

Side note: Ritual of Life might actually see some more use if it worked though Shroud, after all: Shroud rez > normal rez.

I will say though, that since they lowered the cooldown again, I’d definitely take a traited 28 sec WoB over Blood Fiend or Vamp Signet.

Back to Previous Wells

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Some person at Arenanet cannot do primary school level math.

-50% +new 50% for a 25% reduction on 2 year subpar skill.

To us, the customer, it shows:
-great math skills
-solid computer knowledge based on above math
-excellent and fast feedback intake
- a clear and bright sense of direction in fututre

Thank you for Well of Blood, with hopes of many more memes to come.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/