Because I can't get enough of these bugs....

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sabo.1485

Sabo.1485

(On my Mesmer, that is) I’ve decided to try a necromancer for more buggy goodness. Joking aside though, what areas do necros excel in? I want something that is survivable and doesn’t take forever to ramp up in damage like my Mesmer does. I exclusively PvE, and I’m not looking to be overpowered, just more functional. I’ve got my eye on necro but I know they play very different from their GW1 counterparts so I’d like some thoughts from you guys on where they’re strong and weak.

Finnegan Bhaird – Human Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

You’re in for a world of disappointment if you don’t want to ramp up your damage.
Press F1 to survive in any build. Since your PvE I suggest searching “well” builds.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

My PVE opinion is that necros are weak (i.e., take longer to kill) in 1-on-1 situations compared to other classes, but are pretty strong in at taking on groups. The latter is due to the staff marks plus wells plus Death Shroud’s Life Transfer.

As buggy as the necro class is, I still prefer its wide variety of skills, along with dual health bars (i.e., health and Death Shroud), over other classes I’ve tried.

We’re also pretty decent as a support class, too.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sabo.1485

Sabo.1485

Thanks for the feedback. The reason I’m considering changing is because Mesmer just seems sooooo weak in PvE. I don’t mind a slow, thoughtful profession but I do want SOME killing power. I don’t want a flavour of the month profession though so necro seems appealing in that regard. How truly bad are the bugs?

Finnegan Bhaird – Human Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

Think of necro’s as the ugly duckling. Currently they are hideous and full to the brim with bugs but you know that one day they will blossom into something beautiful. I don’t know how much longer I can cope with it’s ugliness though….especially with this new plague signet bug.

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Necro can be described as the 5th chocolate cookie that you know you shouldn’t eat but you do anyway, and it makes you sick. It’s good, but it’s bad at the same time.

I confess that necro requires at least moderate skill to play, unlike warrior, guardian and ranger which are faceroll. Once you get the hang of whatever build you’re using (mine is power) then you’re pretty much set…to be weaker than everyone else.

Play it out, all I know is that if I can be as powerful as a warrior at my current state (not sure yet), then necro will be the flavour of the month when the bugs are fixed.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQEQFAWjQaV6pbub07JAJFPf9kivHP6xxGPMA

This is my PVE build. Its almost bug free (chillbains fix yay!) and I actually think its ridiculously powerful. I use Pirate runes and traveler gear (not Jatoro though, not yet anyways).

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.