Best build for WvW/PvE?

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Hi guys!
I enjoyed my Lopez’s Condition Damage build and it was epic till trait patch came

Anyway, my necro got much weaker. I am in big doubts and confusion what build to chose for my necro!

I saw this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Fear-Manipulation

but seems its only for sPvP! What build do you prefer guys and why!?

Thanks!

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

It is really hard to pick a best one, but for WvW I’m running a Terrormancer and it works great. The good thing about the terrormancer is that it does more than just pwn n00bs. The main function of the terrormancer is defense, providing area control and also knocking players off of siege and doing a ton of damage while doing so. When enemies are too smart to run through spectral wall, you can run your zerg through it to get protection.

There’s no set way to make a terrormancer. Personally I’m running a 20/30/20/0/0 version with carrion. Some people run a 0/30/10/0/30 version with rabid, and pretty much every variation in between. But generally there’s a few similarities:

Nearly all use staff (reaper’s mark)
Most use Rare Veggie Pizza or Super Veggie Pizza
All have at least 20 in curses for Terror
They run Spectral Wall as a utility.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

I personally run 30/10/0/0/30 Axe/Focus offset Dagger/Warhorn or Staff depending on the situation. I love it in both PvE and WvW. It is however a power build, not condition.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

TokyoGhost.6492

I have Precision-thoughness-cond. damage armor, and Im looking for good build. My traits are: 0/30/20/0/20 and Im really consfused what next

Terrormancer sounds cool

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SnyderHall.7263

SnyderHall.7263

I personally run 30/10/0/0/30 Axe/Focus offset Dagger/Warhorn or Staff depending on the situation. I love it in both PvE and WvW. It is however a power build, not condition.

I do this too. Great fun to be had here.

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bombix.3480

Bombix.3480

Does anyone run sheobix’s juggermancer build/nemesis’s abomination build? I just started on it and I love it for wvw. I use nemesis version, only Because it was faster for me to find.

Bombiz = 80 engi, Bane thunderpaw =80 guardian, Joanna Crane = 80 mesmer, Bombim = 80 necro

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

TokyoGhost.6492

Anyway, condition damage build is kinda strange to use after trait patch. Now, I’m trying to make right PvE/WvW Terrormancer build. However, all I did is copy/paste from “The Tormentor (Terrormancer Variation of “Death” (Overpowered post patch))” build and paste on PvE.

Any good PvE/WvW builds out there?

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lokyate.1387

Lokyate.1387

I can only speak for WvW, but I run Nemesis’ ‘Fear is my Weapon’ build from pre-patch, but it’s still perfectly fine. It’s 0/30/20/0/20 for me, but I take Chilling Darkness and Focused Rituals in Curses (Terror as well of course) to help against zergs when we clash. With Plague + Well of Darkness, you can blind/chill a large number enemies very quickly, in addition with dropping a Spectral Wall behind them before leaping into the fray. I also use pure Rabid gear and with full stacks + Rare Veggie Pizza + Quality Tuning Crystal, I can get almost 2k Cond. Damage. I will be able to once I get the rest of my Ascended items.
It’s worked wonderfully for me, both offensively, but as Blood Red said, it’s also a godsend for defense. I truly do love it, and I don’t have to be a part of the OP Crying about Dumbfire.

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

TokyoGhost.6492

I can only speak for WvW, but I run Nemesis’ ‘Fear is my Weapon’ build from pre-patch, but it’s still perfectly fine. It’s 0/30/20/0/20 for me, but I take Chilling Darkness and Focused Rituals in Curses (Terror as well of course) to help against zergs when we clash. With Plague + Well of Darkness, you can blind/chill a large number enemies very quickly, in addition with dropping a Spectral Wall behind them before leaping into the fray. I also use pure Rabid gear and with full stacks + Rare Veggie Pizza + Quality Tuning Crystal, I can get almost 2k Cond. Damage. I will be able to once I get the rest of my Ascended items.
It’s worked wonderfully for me, both offensively, but as Blood Red said, it’s also a godsend for defense. I truly do love it, and I don’t have to be a part of the OP Crying about Dumbfire.

Can you please share build full build with me and if you have some kind of tutorial for it?

Thanks

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

That’s Nemesis’ Fear build, pre patch. Grab a snickers.

Personally, I recommend making your own builds. Using other peoples builds is nice and all, but that isn’t necessarily how you want to play, or even what you personally find most effective. As good as a lot of these build videos are, I spend at least a third of my time going “Huh? Why would I want to do that?”.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Madmar.9610

Madmar.9610

Depends on what u want to do in WvW and the fights.If you want to solo,roam or play small fights better go for a condition/terror build.If you play mostly Zerg vs Zerg then power necromancer is better,more reliable dmg.

Madmar | Necromancer/Guardian

Best build for WvW/PvE?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MoJoe.9063

MoJoe.9063

I’m still leveling and I mostly play solo PvE, so I’ve found that it’s good to be versatile. I am specced for conditions and I run scepter/dagger most of the time, switching to axe/focus and liberal use of DS when I want or need to do direct damage. Once I hit 80 I plan to have my traits something like 10/30/0/0/30, but I haven’t fully committed to that yet.

Borlis Pass
Azman – Asura Necromancer, Kemena – Human Guardian
Emracool – Sylvari Elementalist, Lyra Lightbender – Sylvari Mesmer