Best build for both PvE & WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: millerap.3614

millerap.3614

While in WvW, I typically have been playing a condition damage focused Wells/Marks build (Full Rabid Gear w/ Undead Runes). But, when I’m not in WvW and I’m just open world PvE’ing, it seems weak to me. The Wells with long cooldowns aren’t great when soloing through the world then in big fights my damage ends up lacking due to bleed caps.

In open world PvE, I’ve taken a liking to a MM build (while still keeping the same gear/runes), but I have to constantly be respeccing traits. I know the cost is pretty minimal, but it will add up overtime and I find it generally annoying to have to fully refund/respec.

Anyone have any suggestions on a build I could use that would allow me to bounce between being effective in WvW (zergs/smaller havoc focused groups) and also allow me to feel not completely kitten in PvE. Again, I’m looking to not have to fully refund my trait points (but swapping some traits around would be fine)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Not a single answer in over 8 hours??

Tbh my guess would have been that a wells build would work better in pve since npcs don’t walk out of your wells. Maybe you should look up some other wellmancer builds on the forum and check what or if they are doing anything different.

Anyway, build for everything… here you go:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Build-Staff-Corruption/

When switching wvw/pve the only thing I change is a single utility skill, that’s all.
I believe that my gear combination is the best you can have with this build, but you can take it for a test drive with your current gear as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarnDevil IV.2143

DarnDevil IV.2143

I use full rabid and undead runes with 0/30/20/0/20

for WvW take:

Curses – hemophilia, terror and focused rituals/lingering curse
Death Maigic – Staff mastery and greater marks
Soul Reaping – Path of the midnight and master of terror

utilities, consume conditions, corrupt boon, epidemic, signet of the locust/ well of corruption

weapons scepter + dagger or warhorn / staff

when moving alone take lingering curses and SoL (finding your zerg again, do not go solo roaming), when you find more players (zerg) take focused rituals and WoC

swap WH for dagger when you know you need more mobility and vice versa when you need more dmg

for PvE take lingering curses instead of focused rituals and utilities are consume conditions, blood is power, epidemic and SoL

weapons are the same

terror is redicuously powerfull in PvP if you do fear mark into doom or corrupt boon into doom (=3s fear, 1.1k-1.2k dps by just the fear), with adequate amounts of bleeds and poison you can pull off 6k damage spikes (2k dps), wells and corrupt boon have no use in pve except in special cases

sigils should be corruption (condition damage on kill) and earth (bleed on crit)

in Necromancer

Posted by: drnkndfght.7298

drnkndfght.7298

for open world pve just grab a dagger and use minions