[Beta feedback] After playing 8 hours testing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

To start things off I would like to say that the idea behind Scourge is great to me. It in a way far different then core Necro and Reaper but at the same time fit the class structure. Instead of having “2nd life” we get “life injector” which is fair trade imo.

I would like to point out that I have never done any pve raid and because of that my knowledge about the Scourge there is shrouded in sand.

So my Experience so far playing Scourge
There are minor glitches like “Sand Swell” get interrupted sometimes when you cast it while moving. Torch #5 skill doesn’t give might as it should And entering water set you on core shroud(think that is already known)

Torch #4 skill feels bit underwhelming, all our offhand skills usually have some sort of life force gain and I think skill #4 should give us some life force.

Garish Pillar use way too much life force for what he does. Fear is very avoidable condition since it can be cleansed and be avoided by stability and resistance.

Shroud traits need to be more looked at, Death Perception would only give you the bonus if you using Desert Shroud which is 7 sec bit underwhelming for GM. Dhuumfire gives you in Desert Shroud burn for every pulse(7 pulses) in addition to the Shades summoning which is way too strong imo.

The lack of Stability. I get it, Necros and stability are not on good terms. But as Reaper had at least one Stability skill related to the mechanic, why Scourge get none? They both use close range playstyle. If I may suggest a solution, I would use the trait Foot In the Grave for more than just Stability in Desert Shroud and maybe make it on all F1-5 skills with ICD. (and make Desert Shroud the only stun break).

Grand-master traits. Feed from Corruption is too good to pick anything other than that. I can see Demonic lore in Condi heavy builds but really I think this trait is just better overall.

Would appreciate if you give us some sort of blast finisher /o

That is for me, for now. Gonna test it more this weekend with shaman stats and see how much the barrier scale in practice.

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

To start things off I would like to say that the idea behind Scourge is great to me. It in a way far different then core Necro and Reaper but at the same time fit the class structure. Instead of having “2nd life” we get “life injector” which is fair trade imo.

I would like to point out that I have never done any pve raid and because of that my knowledge about the Scourge there is shrouded in sand.

There are minor glitches like “Sand Swell” get interrupted sometimes when you cast it while moving. Torch #5 skill doesn’t give might as it should And entering water set you on core shroud(think that is already known)

Torch #4 skill feels bit underwhelming, all our offhand skills usually have some sort of life force gain and I think skill #4 should give us some life force.

Garish Pillar use way too much life force for what he does. Fear is very avoidable condition since it can be cleansed and be avoided by stability and resistance.

Shroud traits need to be more looked at, Death Perception would only give you the bonus if you using Desert Shroud which is 7 sec bit underwhelming for GM. Dhuumfire gives you in Desert Shroud burn for every pulse(7 pulses) in addition to the Shades summoning which is way too strong imo.

The lack of Stability. I get it, Necros and stability are not on good terms. But as Reaper had at least one Stability skill related to the mechanic, why Scourge get none? They both use close range playstyle. If I may suggest a solution, I would use the trait Foot In the Grave for more than just Stability in Desert Shroud and maybe make it on all F1-5 skills with ICD. (and make Desert Shroud the only stun break).

Grand-master traits. Feed from Corruption is too good to pick anything other than that. I can see Demonic lore in Condi heavy builds but really I think this trait is just better overall.

That is for me, for now. Gonna test it more this weekend with shaman stats and see how much the barrier scale in practice.

Torch 4 skill: I agree with you on this. There’s not much life force generation unless you run traited staff and have staff as a secondary and/or utilities as well but with that being said,so far I’ve had no problem gaining life force when there’s so many people dying around me…hehe.

Garish Pillar: I disagree with you on this. We’ve got potentially three beacons (plus ourselves) that will activate the fear at once. That’s alot of area covered. I think the LF cost is justified and it might be why it actually is that high?

Shroud Traits: Yes,there seems to be some adjusting needed to be done to better fit the shroud traits with the Scourge F abilities

The lack of Stability: Do we really need that? we’ve got a few stunbreaks and with the new portal we have we’ve actually got 3 mobility skills now :O 4 if you count Lich Form but that’s not even worth taking into consideration anyway. I just had to mention it…

Grand-master traits: I don’t know if it’s intended or not but it seems like Feed from Corruption aren’t working quite well. I corrupted 3 boons with Corrupt Boon but I only got one boon from it. I was under the impression that the trait would essentially give you 3 boons? Also,it’s probably great for dueling but with all the boon hate flying out there now it just doesn’t feel like it’s any good. It’s more wasted shrugs

I like Demonic Lore though. It’s powerful. Sand Savant I can’t see myself taking. Maaaaaaybe only for duels.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Torch 4 skill: I agree with you on this. There’s not much life force generation unless you run traited staff and have staff as a secondary and/or utilities as well but with that being said,so far I’ve had no problem gaining life force when there’s so many people dying around me…hehe.

Garish Pillar: I disagree with you on this. We’ve got potentially three beacons (plus ourselves) that will activate the fear at once. That’s alot of area covered. I think the LF cost is justified and it might be why it actually is that high?

Shroud Traits: Yes,there seems to be some adjusting needed to be done to better fit the shroud traits with the Scourge F abilities

The lack of Stability: Do we really need that? we’ve got a few stunbreaks and with the new portal we have we’ve actually got 3 mobility skills now :O 4 if you count Lich Form but that’s not even worth taking into consideration anyway. I just had to mention it…

Grand-master traits: I don’t know if it’s intended or not but it seems like Feed from Corruption aren’t working quite well. I corrupted 3 boons with Corrupt Boon but I only got one boon from it. I was under the impression that the trait would essentially give you 3 boons? Also,it’s probably great for dueling but with all the boon hate flying out there now it just doesn’t feel like it’s any good. It’s more wasted shrugs

I like Demonic Lore though. It’s powerful. Sand Savant I can’t see myself taking. Maaaaaaybe only for duels.

About Stability, Correct me if I am wrong, but we got the usual stunbreaks we always had with core necro+ 1punish skill. The new skills I find bit more condi-centric and for general purposes weaker. . You will still be helpless when you get focused by
CC in group. The teleport have cast time which can be interrupted.

About Garish Pillar, in theory it looks very nice with the 3 shades, but in practice ppl tend to avoid those shades in a fight1, and as I said Fear itself is not really good enough since it can easily be countered. I find myself not using this skill at all, only if I desperately try to interrupt stomps.

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

Every single shade skill goes off on you as well, you are basically a shade. So if you garish pillar even with no shade up, you will fear. Don’t need to worry about placement that much if you are in melee.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

Speed of shadows doesn’t work with scourge shroud.

In my opinion only way to make it work is to have staff as secondary with number 4 transfers

(edited by Axl.8924)

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Every single shade skill goes off on you as well, you are basically a shade. So if you garish pillar even with no shade up, you will fear. Don’t need to worry about placement that much if you are in melee.

I know that but I replied to him about the sand shades. You think the amount of LF for it is justified?

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

For a long range AoE instant fear? Sure, especially because you can double cast it with your other skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Also keep in mind that if traited, the Pillar is also a heal (try it out at lower HP to see how much it actually does) that also revives people. That, together with the fear AND the shade attacks does make it worth its cost.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Also keep in mind that if traited, the Pillar is also a heal (try it out at lower HP to see how much it actually does) that also revives people. That, together with the fear AND the shade attacks does make it worth its cost.

Also worth noting that if you have Transfusion traited and pop Garish Pillar right before you go down, it starts to revive you immedietly.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

When it is traited I agree it is very strong and the amount of LF requires is jutified.

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

Also worth noting that if you have Transfusion traited and pop Garish Pillar right before you go down, it starts to revive you immedietly.

I don’t see anything listed which works with pillars mind linking it please?

in Necromancer

Zefiris.8297

Transfusion in Blood works with Garish Pillar. It causes multiple pulses of healing and reviving from the scourge (not the shades). It’s surprisingly strong, much better than using it with Reaper Shroud 4.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I don’t see anything listed which works with pillars mind linking it please?

Jesus christ dude, think of all the shade skills as shroud skills 1-5. whatever works for shroud skill 4 works for shade skill 4.

and speed of shadows works for shade skill 5. have it equipped. press F5 and watch yourself get swiftness. It’d be nice if you actually knew something correct before spouting nonsense.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We have blast finishers on;

• Flesh Wurm destruction,
  • Putrid Mark on staff destruction,
    and
  • TWO blast finishers on Summon Bone Minion destruction,

We have the tools – they are clown tools made of rubber, but we have them!

Necro will never knowningly blast a combo field. Working as intended?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

Dhuumfire gives you in Desert Shroud burn for every pulse(7 pulses) in addition to the Shades summoning which is way too strong imo.

Is it ? Not compared to our usual performance as a necromancer, but compared to what other elite spec for other classes can do ?

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Dhuumfire does not give a burn for every pulse of Desert Shroud. Please stop spreading this misinformation.

It only gives one burn stack at the initial cast.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Axl.8924

I’l try it again with foot in the grave included one sec

(edited by Axl.8924)

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Dhuumfire gives you in Desert Shroud burn for every pulse(7 pulses) in addition to the Shades summoning which is way too strong imo.

Is it ? Not compared to our usual performance as a necromancer, but compared to what other elite spec for other classes can do ?

Well, I don’t compare in this post. Mainly cause other classes have their own problems and balancing issues.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Dhuumfire does not give a burn for every pulse of Desert Shroud. Please stop spreading this misinformation.

It does when you have shade on it.

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

Go into PvP and test it, I literally just got to the golem, dropped down a shade and hit F5. 7 burn stack over its duration. Is working exactly like that.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Go into PvP and test it, I literally just got to the golem, dropped down a shade and hit F5. 7 burn stack over its duration. Is working exactly like that.

I have. I dropped a shade, hit F5 and…saw 3 stacks including 2 Demonic Lore procs.

It literally only procs on the initial strike. It does not pulse.

EDIT: After taking off Demonic Lore, it turns out Dhuumfire does pulse, BUT NOT ON EVERY PULSE. It procs on the first three, and not on the rest.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

I have. I dropped a shade, hit F5 and…saw 3 stacks including 2 Demonic Lore procs.

EDIT: After taking off Demonic Lore, it turns out Dhuumfire does pulse, BUT NOT ON EVERY PULSE. It procs on the first three, and not on the rest.

If I remember correctly(cant test now,im at work) you think its 3 stacks but because the duration it keep lowering the stacks so you dont actually see without condi duration.

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

That’s because the duration from the stack at initial hit fell off. Is why I said 7 burn stacks over the duration, not you maintain 7 stacks because it hits over 6 seconds. I have 5 at max with 30% condi duration.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No, it’s not a matter of the stacks falling off. If that were the case, the duration on the icon would be resetting on each pulse. It isn’t, though, and the golem stops burning entirely before the last pulse.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

No, it’s not a matter of the stacks falling off. If that were the case, the duration on the icon would be resetting on each pulse. It isn’t, though, and the golem stops burning entirely before the last pulse.

But the duration on the icon does reset.

I just logged back in again and got 97% burn duration to test, I hit 8 stacks just from hitting F5, this is letting the initial burn stack from F1 falling off, only managed to capture 7 stacks because I was a bit slow.

As you can see I pressed literally just F5 and there are no people around me, so it should be fairly concrete.

EDIT: Made a small error, runes procced fire aura which explained 8 stacks when it should have at most 7. I swapped to tempest runes and still managed 6 stacks at highest just by hitting F5.

Attachments:

(edited by Warscythes.9307)

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It hasn’t been resetting after the third pulse for me. I see the burning fall off entirely before the last pulse. If Dhuumfire was proccing on every pulse, that should be impossible.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Burning stack intensity and not duration.

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

I don’t know what to tell you mate. Try it again with burn duration, take viper amulet, one of those condi duration rune or just burn duration runes, sand savant. Drop a shade, wait for the first burn tick to fall off, and then hit F5. You should see at least 7 burn stacks.

Unless you are lagging horribly and missing burn stacks perhaps. I don’t know what more to do here to convince you.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

And if it’s applying Burning on each pulse, then there would always be burning so long as it’s ticking, no?

The method of stacking is irrelevant. Some people are getting it stacking on every pulse, but I’m just not seeing it happen. It ranges from 1-5 pulses that it actually applies for me.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

yeah I noticed this when testing it. The Scourge transfusion doesn’t work like the Reaper or Core shroud 4 ability. It’s just a HOT that gets placed on you and people near you or your sand shrouds.

It’s very cool. Can’t be interrupted that way.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Dhuumfire doesn’t even trigger on F5. It triggers on each F1 you cast.

Holy kitten guys. Read up xD

EDIT: What you perceived as Dhuumfire on F5 is actually you having traited Demonic Lore which gives burning on Torment. And F5 naturally gives Torment on pulse. Why doesn’t Dhuumfire pulse on each torment pulse? Well,read the trait tooltip and you’ll see why.

(edited by insaneseagull.7063)

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

Mate I just spent like the last 3 post proving it does with a screenshot. It applies dhuumfire on each pulse, the other guy was getting confused because his burn duration is too low so he is not seeing 7 stacks.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Mate I just spent like the last 3 post proving it does with a screenshot. It applies dhuumfire on each pulse, the other guy was getting confused because his burn duration is too low so he is not seeing 7 stacks.

Read my edit,mate.

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

Read my edit,mate.

and if you open my screenshot, you will notice I have sand savant.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Read my edit,mate.

Your source of burning has to have come from another source. I just unequipped Dhuumfire and Demonic Lore and popped F5 on a golem.

No burning.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

And if it’s applying Burning on each pulse, then there would always be burning so long as it’s ticking, no?

The method of stacking is irrelevant. Some people are getting it stacking on every pulse, but I’m just not seeing it happen. It ranges from 1-5 pulses that it actually applies for me.

The reason it ends in the last pulse only means it pulsed just when the condi ended try with bit more condi duration.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

My god, how many times do I have to say this. BURN DURATION IS IRRELEVANT TO WHAT I WAS OBSERVING I wasn’t looking for 7 stacks at once. I was looking for 7 applications. And I still have yet to see it happen in my own tests.

The reason it ends in the last pulse only means it pulsed just when the condi ended try with bit more condi duration.

No, the Burning stacks fell off entirely while Desert Shroud was still pulsing. That means that it went for at least 3 seconds of pulsing without applying any burning.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Read my edit,mate.

Your source of burning has to have come from another source. I just unequipped Dhuumfire and Demonic Lore and popped F5 on a golem.

No burning.

Maybe cuz you unequipped dhuumfire? O.o

in Necromancer

Zefiris.8297

Make sure to set a PVP build. You can consistently get 6-7 burns with a viper setup and hitting F5 after F1, nothing else.

This is with Sand Savant.

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

That’s because you unequipped dhuumfire, are you sure we are talking about the same thing here. I am proving that dhuumfire works on each shade hit, it apply 7 burn stacks on shroud 5 because it hits 7 times, thus proccing dhuumfire 7 times.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

That’s because you unequipped dhuumfire, are you sure we are talking about the same thing here. I am proving that dhuumfire works on each shade hit, it apply 7 burn stacks on shroud 5 because it hits 7 times, thus proccing dhuumfire 7 times.

Yeah I think we might not be talking about the same thing. But I see now that after having only Dhuumfire equipped F5 does indeed inflict burning.

But only 1 proc for me. It just feels like a burning proc on F5 is a bug since the tooltip on Dhuumfire clearly says only “shroud skill 1”.

Right? :O

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

Yeah I think we might not be talking about the same thing. But I see now that after having only Dhuumfire equipped F5 does indeed inflict burning.

But only 1 proc for me. It just feels like a burning proc on F5 is a bug since the tooltip on Dhuumfire clearly says only “shroud skill 1”.

You have to place shade on it.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

You have to place shade on it.

Yeah,that’s cool and I understand that. But what I’m saying now is that a burning proc on F5 might be a bug since the Dhuumfire tooltip says only “shroud skill 1”.

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

Never trust tooltips, they are seldom always right.

What happens is that shade hit is treated as F1, that is why it proc dhuumfire which does work as intended. Removing it will probably absolutely gut our dps in PvE though so hopefully it won’t happen.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

What happens is that shade hit is treated as F1, that is why it proc dhuumfire which does work as intended. Removing it will probably absolutely gut our dps in PvE though so hopefully it won’t happen.

Yes but I’m not talking about the F1 skill xD I know that works as intended. Here’s the thing,if you equip Dhuumfire,place no shades on the ground but only pop F5,you’ll get one burning proc. That’s even without Demonic Lore. There shouldn’t be a burning proc on F5.

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

Yes but I’m not talking about the F1 skill xD I know that works as intended. Here’s the thing,if you equip Dhuumfire,place no shades on the ground but only pop F5,you’ll get one burning proc. That’s even without Demonic Lore. There shouldn’t be a burning proc on F5.

I know, but that is because you are not F1. The shade is the F1 in this case, so when the F1 hits, it apply dhuumfire because the shade itself is F1.

You are still you.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

I know, but that is because you are not F1. The shade is the F1 in this case, so when the F1 hits, it apply dhuumfire because the shade itself is F1.

You are still you.

Yes,I know that. What I’m saying is that a burning proc on F5 is a BUG.

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

You are still you.

and I just explained why I think is not, if anything the bug would be the pulse from you is not procing dhuumfire 7 times instead of the other way around.

in Necromancer

insaneseagull.7063

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

You are still you.

and I just explained why I think is not

No you didn’t. You just wrote that a sand shade (F1) will apply burning. It’s working as intended. However,the F5 ability is NOT a F1 ability,hence the burning should not be procced when pressing F5,yet,it does.

If you go to core necro or reaper,and equip Dhuumfire,will you proc burning with Tainted Shackles or Executioner’s Scythe? No,it won’t. As it never has. Dhuumfire has always only worked on the F1 shroud abilities. Never F5.

So if you get a burning proc from Scourge’ F5,Desert Shroud because of Dhuumfire,then it is a bug.

I have not seen any patch notes addressing the fact that Dhuumfire now works on F5 abilities as well.

in Necromancer

Warscythes.9307

Read my edit,mate.

No burning.

You are still you.

and I just explained why I think is not

No you didn’t. You just wrote that a sand shade (F1) will apply burning. It’s working as intended. However,the F5 ability is NOT a F1 ability,hence the burning should not be procced when pressing F5,yet,it does.

If you go to core necro or reaper,and equip Dhuumfire,will you proc burning with Tainted Shackles or Executioner’s Scythe? No,it won’t. As it never has. Dhuumfire has always only worked on the F1 shroud abilities. Never F5.

So if you get a burning proc from Scourge’ F5,Desert Shroud because of Dhuumfire,then it is a bug.

I have not seen any patch notes addressing the fact that Dhuumfire now works on F5 abilities as well.

That’s because the shade itself IS F1. That it is why when it hits, it apply dhuumfire. Reaper 5 or Core shroud 5 does not apply dhuumfire because they are F5. When the shade hit 7 times, it is basically when F1 hit 7 times, that’s it.