Can We Get an Update on Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Q:

It has been quite a while since Reaper was released, but it seems like every other class since then has been out to upstage Reaper. Revenant Shiro Elite laughs at Reaper Elite and Ele shouts are infinitely better than Reaper shouts (what happened to “damaging shouts should have a cast time?”). Personally, I’d like to know what has been changed with Reaper to adjust for the chill nerfs and the ever more apparent lameness of reaper utilities. It would be super cool if we could get a dev that can reassure us the class is still moving in a positive direction.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

It has been quite a while since Reaper was released, but it seems like every other class since then has been out to upstage Reaper. Revenant Shiro Elite laughs at Reaper Elite and Ele shouts are infinitely better than Reaper shouts (what happened to “damaging shouts should have a cast time?”). Personally, I’d like to know what has been changed with Reaper to adjust for the chill nerfs and the ever more apparent lameness of reaper utilities. It would be super cool if we could get a dev that can reassure us the class is still moving in a positive direction.

Nothing changed and the class is still in the same hole from 3 years ago

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

It’s just that nobody has managed to use DS to it’s full potential. If people would finally learn how to use DS it would negate all the shortcomings necromancers have.

I… what. What are you talking about? Seriously. Because I’m pretty sure there are plenty of players here on the forums that use death shroud fabulously, and still have glaring weaknesses in their builds. Not just regular old weaknesses like every class should have, but blatantly obvious ones that are as broken negatively as the Ele Elite is broken positively (for them)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

It’s just that nobody has managed to use DS to it’s full potential. If people would finally learn how to use DS it would negate all the shortcomings necromancers have.

I… what. What are you talking about? Seriously. Because I’m pretty sure there are plenty of players here on the forums that use death shroud fabulously, and still have glaring weaknesses in their builds. Not just regular old weaknesses like every class should have, but blatantly obvious ones that are as broken negatively as the Ele Elite is broken positively (for them)

It’s a reference to almost 3 year old statement we got when we were whining around necromancer. I wouldn’t be surprised If they dropped it on us again though…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Yes please, i’d love an update since design philosophies have obviously changed since the reaper announcement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I don’t want any more delays to HoT. It’s been long enough. Just put it out already

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

Hey guys, we were OP during a beta weekend and really strong for about two months two years ago. That must never happen again.

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Hey guys, we were OP during a beta weekend and really strong for about two months two years ago. That must never happen again.

Never again

+1000.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I’m just looking for a beta weekend to try it out. The videos and speculation on “the numbers game” is little to no comfort at all. I know they have a beta weekend “Soon” but that’s about it.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

(edited by CodeHavoc.7926)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Could you leave this forum then please?….Yes DS is a must in PVP without it you wont kill any one especialy that mesmer that nearly 1 shoot you . Still if you use necro 100% you can kill that mesmer 1v1 .

Gw2 is not a solo game if it was Necro was a great class for it fortunatly of unfortunatly necros for team are useless with worst Dps in game among other classes with worst dps and useless party support ..

Now go and open LFG tool

Fractal lvl 50 6 k ap or 10 k ap meta zerk ELE WAR THIIEF GUARD /some times with text no necro or no Ranger
and 90% of time only meta parties are there in lvl 40 70 % only meta groups lvl 30 50 % metas
Arch most of the time only meta groups ELE WAR THIEF GUARD ……

Necro instantly kicked did you tried to play ? Do you know how frustraiting is when you get kicked from party only for playing necro?

And it dosen’t matter if your better than others ….. dosent matter if because of our sustain we can melee more than other classes while war thief gose range with less dps weapons I as necro with dagger can melee most of the time and Dagger dose more dmg than any other range wepon there …

Still we are not wanted in party
With harder PVE content in HoT that will come Necro will fell all the hate even more ….on thier skin
So I beg arena FIX NECROS for PVE FIX
Or don’t I will reroll into Reventant

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I would not be so pessimistic. I think reaper was designed PRECISELY for PvE. GS is too slow for PvP, reaper’s shroud is melee, the shouts work best with many enemies around… You could hope for frontline zerg WvW, but let’s be honest, lack of stability would be problematic here.

So considering it was designed for PvE, there is a good chance they will make sure it fixes the necro problem in PvE. Currently, I will say it still lacks DPS for that. When they said “we’re pushing numbers here” I assumed they would have realized that since the attacks are twice slower, doing twice the damage is not pushing anything! But I bet they will fix that. And they better fix, because the lack of utilities of necro can only work if it is compensated by insane DPS (since both warrior and ele have utilities AND insane DPS). They said they don’t want team support since it does not fit the theme, but hitting with wet noodles is not exactly the horror monster theme either…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

You gave me some optimistic hope but it evaporated when I’ve read this
“Mesmer lover” xD
Must admit Necro Gs looks teasty for WvW but in theory …
If Death Perception affects Reapers Shroud that will make us into a cropse farming mashine but then again we need Stability in Shroud we canout use other skills heal or utility ..
Its still lack lot of important WVW stuff

No blasts is first reason why Guild commander will tell you to get the **** off from Wvw map with ur GS

(edited by Tristan.5678)

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

I would not be so pessimistic. I think reaper was designed PRECISELY for PvE. GS is too slow for PvP, reaper’s shroud is melee, the shouts work best with many enemies around… You could hope for frontline zerg WvW, but let’s be honest, lack of stability would be problematic here.

So considering it was designed for PvE, there is a good chance they will make sure it fixes the necro problem in PvE. Currently, I will say it still lacks DPS for that. When they said “we’re pushing numbers here” I assumed they would have realized that since the attacks are twice slower, doing twice the damage is not pushing anything! But I bet they will fix that. And they better fix, because the lack of utilities of necro can only work if it is compensated by insane DPS (since both warrior and ele have utilities AND insane DPS). They said they don’t want team support since it does not fit the theme, but hitting with wet noodles is not exactly the horror monster theme either…

wet noodles this make my day lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

@Tristan
Can’t I love both mesmer and necro?
Death Perception will affect reaper’s shroud. All “old” shroud traits still apply to reaper. But without stability, the only corpse will be yours I’m afraid. Already currently, WvW partly evolved to the “pirate boat” meta because of the change to stability. For the necro, no point. The good news is that necro already have a place in the zerg meta, but I would have loved (and will probably try and die a few times) to be more frontline.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Could you leave this forum then please?….Yes DS is a must in PVP without it you wont kill any one especialy that mesmer that nearly 1 shoot you . Still if you use necro 100% you can kill that mesmer 1v1 .

Gw2 is not a solo game if it was Necro was a great class for it fortunatly of unfortunatly necros for team are useless with worst Dps in game among other classes with worst dps and useless party support ..

Now go and open LFG tool

Fractal lvl 50 6 k ap or 10 k ap meta zerk ELE WAR THIIEF GUARD /some times with text no necro or no Ranger
and 90% of time only meta parties are there in lvl 40 70 % only meta groups lvl 30 50 % metas
Arch most of the time only meta groups ELE WAR THIEF GUARD ……

Necro instantly kicked did you tried to play ? Do you know how frustraiting is when you get kicked from party only for playing necro?

And it dosen’t matter if your better than others ….. dosent matter if because of our sustain we can melee more than other classes while war thief gose range with less dps weapons I as necro with dagger can melee most of the time and Dagger dose more dmg than any other range wepon there …

Still we are not wanted in party
With harder PVE content in HoT that will come Necro will fell all the hate even more ….on thier skin
So I beg arena FIX NECROS for PVE FIX
Or don’t I will reroll into Reventant

I’m pretty sure his comment was a snarky remark based on the devs claiming that it was a l2p issue when people were complaining about necro being weak.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d prefer to wait on Reaper update till I can play it. I don’t honestly trust ANet to balance without player feedback, I’d rather have them do nothing and just let us get our hands on it in a beta, then let us tell them what to do.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

@Tristan
Can’t I love both mesmer and necro?
Death Perception will affect reaper’s shroud. All “old” shroud traits still apply to reaper. But without stability, the only corpse will be yours I’m afraid. Already currently, WvW partly evolved to the “pirate boat” meta because of the change to stability. For the necro, no point. The good news is that necro already have a place in the zerg meta, but I would have loved (and will probably try and die a few times) to be more frontline.

I sense a bug coming. A lovely, tear jerking bug.
Starring Leonaro Dicaprio.
An oscar will not be won.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I’d prefer to wait on Reaper update till I can play it. I don’t honestly trust ANet to balance without player feedback, I’d rather have them do nothing and just let us get our hands on it in a beta, then let us tell them what to do.

The thing is that they never actually listen to playerfeedback on Necro. I mean, they still didn’t fix minions, made Axe useful etc. and it has been years.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

That’s the way it always works in this game. They throw out some terrible kitten and forum balance years later. The extra problem with necromancers is that they are too stubborn to devote resources to completely rework shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

this depends on what ur looking for tbh.

PvE i think the reaper will be great, specially if they do bring raids out, they will be the new hardest hitters and will do so much DPS, with sustain so i feel like in PvE this will take the meta, it will be the go too specc.

PvP its Doomed 110% Doomed, no way in hell will u get this to work in any form of PvP Skirmish Teamfight 1v1 Duels Zergs all of it, lame, it doesnt stand a chance 0 Mobility barely any CC without close Combat we knew from the moment we saw it, it just doesnt stand a chance

a Amazing concept, it looks like great gameplay wise and alot of fun but it just will not stand up against another proffession PvP Wise… its too slow.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

I guess most people will complain about the attack speed/cast time.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The thing is that they never actually listen to playerfeedback on Necro. I mean, they still didn’t fix minions, made Axe useful etc. and it has been years.

They listen to us in almost every single patch they make. They don’t make changes fast enough and they mess up plenty, but they absolutely listen.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

the problem is not the reaper the problem is gs lol just too slow

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thalia Stark.2468

Thalia Stark.2468

They do listen to us. Look at what they did to blood line. It actually helped, even though it is not enough

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

They listen to us in almost every single patch they make. They don’t make changes fast enough and they mess up plenty, but they absolutely listen.

So, nerfing axe (which was already terrible), nerfing chill when Reaper is all about that TWICE, still not having fixed minions, giving us the least wanted type of groupsupport while chanting “necros can never have blasts, necros can never have blasts…”, leaving us as the ones coming out the worst from the traitchanges in terms of buff-nerf-relationship, letting other professions run rampant with condition application while keeping our application trashtier and even nerfing it (making 2 stack MoB count in all modes)… Among other things…

Jup, they listen alright.

/s

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Be snarky all you want, they do listen (never said it was perfect) and all you need is one functional eye and at least a somewhat functional brain to see it. Foot in the Grave being a stunbreak is an easy example.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: McNinja.5417

McNinja.5417

Be snarky all you want, they do listen (never said it was perfect) and all you need is one functional eye and at least a somewhat functional brain to see it. Foot in the Grave being a stunbreak is an easy example.

Ok so your point then is that they fix everything that no one really cares about?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Ok so your point then is that they fix everything that no one really cares about?

They fixed Blood Magic being worthless and signets being terrible. I’d say that’s pretty good stuff that people care about.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

I hate “Enter Shourd” traits for the lack of flexibility. They either prevent you from entering Shroud for 10 sec if you flash it, which is very dangerous, or these traits only benefit a few limited skills.

I would be happier with Foot in the Grave if it wasn’t tied to Shroud, or if stability was given on exit, to help with our awfully long cast time…

If Foot in the Grave was to be replaced, I’m sure the vast majority of necros would be excited over the new trait instead of mourning the loss.

/rant start
I mourn the loss of the 3% LF without ICD on Spectral Armor which was just PERFECT: rather weak in 1v1 where we’re good at, and very strong in team fight where we get wrecked. Why?! WHY?! WHY?!!!
/rant end

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

(edited by Ara.4569)

in Necromancer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Yea I never understood why they made it very chill oriented because you’re a “movie monster” class (lol that gets me every time) and then they go and nerf chill so that it doesn’t stack more than 5 and dash skills completely negate it. Anet still isn’t on-board with each others thought processes after 3 years.

edit: Guess that jagged horror shout will be too good /sarcasm

Säïnt

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Still no update from devs, but that is to be expected from the weekend. Perhaps something will be said soon.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

Yea I never understood why they made it very chill oriented because you’re a “movie monster” class (lol that gets me every time) and then they go and nerf chill so that it doesn’t stack more than 5 and dash skills completely negate it. Anet still isn’t on-board with each others thought processes after 3 years.

edit: Guess that jagged horror shout will be too good /sarcasm

they nerf chill so bad reaper will be so easy to kite would be good if they give us a skill to slow the enemy for atleast 5 secs so we can catch up

rise is the most perfect skill for a necro is op /sarcasm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

Not sure why you would expect a response before a beta build of elite specs is available. They’re still iterating on things. They have people combing the forums for feedback already, but that won’t be as regarded as what you can give once you’re able to play the changes.

(Not that I would protest weekly blogging updates by each designer on changes to things already previewed, iterations tried that didn’t work out [and why], etc., but that doesn’t seem to be a thing Anet does until they’re ready. And it would delay getting those things to us in beta form.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

A chilled target with their new “super speed” buff, walks faster than a Reaper. But please, nerf chill even more.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

A chilled target with their new “super speed” buff, walks faster than a Reaper. But please, nerf chill even more.

For forward movement:

• Immo: 0 u/s
  • Chilled: 70 u/s
  • Crippled: 105 u/s
  • Chilled with +25% Signets,Runes and Traits: 122 u/s
  • Chilled with swiftness: 140 u/s
  • Crippled with +25% Signets,Runes and Traits: 157 u/s
  • Crippled with swiftness: 175 u/s
  • Base in combat: 210 u/s
  • +25% Signets,Runes and Traits: 262 u/s
  • Chilled with Super Speed: 280 u/s
  • Swiftness: 280 u/s
  • Crippled with super speed: 315 u/s
  • Super Speed: 400 u/s

Straight land speed a chilled target with super speed is no faster than anyone with swiftness or would still take 7~9s to move out of melee range of someone with a +25% signet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Al Masone.1274

Al Masone.1274

Or you could add a trait that slows dashes when chilled. And it would be only for necro
For instance, since chill right now has a max 15 seconds duration, and you can already reach that limit quite easily with the right build, the “cold shoulder” trait might be a bit underwhelming.
Instead of adding duration yet again, which could be wasted, you could have :
Chilled foes deal less damage to you, and all their dashes (or whatever they’re called) have reduced effectiveness

Yeah, I know it will never be added, but a man can still dream

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Or you could add a trait that slows dashes when chilled. And it would be only for necro
For instance, since chill right now has a max 15 seconds duration,

Not true at all. 5 stacks of Chill, regardless of their duration, will all add up. Spinal Shivers with 100% Chill duration proccing Chill of Death (roll with it) is 20 seconds of Chill right there, and we still have space for 3 more stacks.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Al Masone.1274

Al Masone.1274

For instance, since chill right now has a max 15 seconds duration,

Not true at all. 5 stacks of Chill, regardless of their duration, will all add up. Spinal Shivers with 100% Chill duration proccing Chill of Death (roll with it) is 20 seconds of Chill right there, and we still have space for 3 more stacks.

Ah ok, then I misunderstood the latest patch notes, and a couple other threads talking about that :P
Still, isn’kitten bit redudant to have yet again an added chill duration? I mean, it doesn’t do much anyway, when the opponent can dash around all day
I like the damage reduction part, but the additional duration isn’t much interesting for a grandmaster trait, especially when you’re supposed to have lots of skills and other traits that apply chill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

If someone is still searching for it.
He’s the “Game Design Lead”, so it’s good for us, right?

Keep in mind that some professions are harder to master than others. I believe Necro is the hardest, opinions may vary, but just keep this in mind. No we arent ignoring Necro, but once people start mastering DS, I’m afraid of how strong Necro will be. Give it some time for the average player to learn these things. For example early on in LOL master yi was dominant until people learned how to counter him.