Combo's

Combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

Just picked up Necro again, played in PvP and started again (didn’t want so many of one race, so made it Asura). Up to lvl 15 again but I think I’ve spotted a small thing the class needs really.

Finishers.

We have but one weapon skill finisher. Here are a couple of suggestions to put some new finishers:

Axe (3): Unholy feast, blast finisher
Dagger (5): Enfeebling blood, blast finisher

That would be more than enough.

Possible addition:
Focus (4): Reaper’s touch, projectile finisher

Reason I post this is because I find the Necromancer huge fun, and nowhere near as disadvantaged as people make out. Some minor traits could do with changing, and I think if this too were altered the Necro (assuming bug fixes are carried out), would be in a nice spot.

Emfeebling blood blast finisher being the most interesting, as it’d make the trait of using emfeebling blood on entering death shroud a little more… fun.

Feel free to discuss, but I think the lack of finisher’s is really hurting the Necromancer.

Aurora Glade [EU]

Combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: kasandaro.8124

kasandaro.8124

1.2, technically, since Necrotic Grasp (on Staff 1) has a small chance to proc projectile. But definitely.

Combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’d prefer Ghastly Claws (Axe 2) to be a Whirl finisher. Since you’re spinning the axe super-fast, why not?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

+1 really like the idea of unholy feast and specifically enfeebling blood being a blast finisher

Combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shathron.5790

Shathron.5790

I agree the necro needs more combos. All classes need more combos tbh, and combos need more interesting effects… but thats another matter.

On another note, here’s a nice spreadsheet showing most of the finishers in the game (it’s a bit outdated, was made during beta and credit goes to someone else).

Attachments:

(edited by Shathron.5790)

Combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shathron.5790

Shathron.5790

And here’s the accompanying sheet for fields, thought i’d share since i’ve found them very useful myself:

Attachments:

Combo's

in Necromancer

Posted by: station.6421

station.6421

^ Thanks for posting those charts. Necros with a whole five combo finishers! Haha.

It’d also be neat if dark path (and spectral grasp?) was a Leap finisher too.

And hopefully in the future we’ll get an ice field too It would be a perfect home for a necro!

Combo's

in Necromancer

Katsumoto.9452

I’d prefer Ghastly Claws (Axe 2) to be a Whirl finisher. Since you’re spinning the axe super-fast, why not?

Not sure I like that one to be honest. It’d be awkward also where the whirl occurs. It also doesn’t really fit the animation of other whirl finishing abilities.

Those charts above kinda highlighted the problem thank you. Just shows that most of our finishers are on utility skills which many builds would find useless. Bone minion blasting, or a well, on a condition build? Well thanks.

The major advantage really to extra finishers, particularly blast finishers, is to allow us to make real use of wells dark combo field with blinds. Blind play with the chill on blind trait, and emfeebling blood on DS enter would be some pretty fun stuff. It’d also help a LOT when dealing with burstier classes which many seem to have trouble with as Necro (won’t pass judgement till i’ve done more PvP/got my Necro to 80 in wvw).

Aurora Glade [EU]

Combo's

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

We did get another Poison field underwater as well as a couple new Whirl finishers, a blast finisher, and our one Leap finisher.

That said, the above charts still fail to mention that Bone Fiend attack is a small projectile finisher.

I’m a Geeleiver

Combo's

in Necromancer

Katsumoto.9452

We did get another Poison field underwater as well as a couple new Whirl finishers, a blast finisher, and our one Leap finisher.

That said, the above charts still fail to mention that Bone Fiend attack is a small projectile finisher.

I’m counting land combat only for this I view land and water as 2 entirely separate entities. It’s not common enough to fight on both land and water in the same fight for them to be counted together.

Again though, bone fiend. It’s not the most useful utility for many builds. It’s just not worth taking a sub-optimal utility for a combo finisher.

Aurora Glade [EU]

Combo's

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’m counting land combat only for this I view land and water as 2 entirely separate entities. It’s not common enough to fight on both land and water in the same fight for them to be counted together.

Again though, bone fiend. It’s not the most useful utility for many builds. It’s just not worth taking a sub-optimal utility for a combo finisher.

Worth taking, no. Worth mentioning for completeness, yes.

I’m a Geeleiver

Combo's

in Necromancer

Katsumoto.9452

Worth taking, no. Worth mentioning for completeness, yes.

Doesn’t matter how you cut it. We have one combo finisher on our weapons (or 1.2 as said earlier). Both on staff. That’s what I said from the start. The other finishers are on utilities seldom used in many builds.

The changes proposed would make some interesting play. I really want the emfeebling blood one for the emfeebling blood on DS entry blast finisher.

Considering our condition damage isn’t godlike compared to others, and our direct damage isn’t either, I don’t think it unfair to add a couple of combo finishers to the class.

Aurora Glade [EU]

Combo's

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Have to say, I wish they had kept Well of Blood as a Water field like it was during the early beta weekends. They probably thought that would have been too good with our one semi-reliable blast finisher…

Then again, I still feel we’re in a better position than the Warrior with his one combo field that’s tied to a burst skill.

I’m a Geeleiver