[Concept] Main Hand Shield (drawings)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Shield

Main Hand
1 – Death Head: Minion. Channel and summon a death head (max 3) on the face of your shield that will absorb damage and add life force when attacked.
- Unleash: Shoot the summoned death head and all existing death heads at target enemy.
Minion 1: damage 500
Minion 2: damage 500 / 1 second daze
Minion 3: damage 800 / 1 second knockdown
Small projectile finisher
Death heads absorb 7% incoming damage
Life force: 1% per death head
(destroyed when striking an enemy.)

2 – Twisted Link: Block the next attack. Counter by chilling and switching positions with the enemy that attacked you.
- Twist of Plasma: Siphon health from nearby enemies. Increases siphon strength for each existing death head.
Damage (x4): 609
Healing: 105 per pulse.
Bonus damage per death head: 25
Bonus healing per death head: 32

3 – Dark Vortex: Cause your shield to orbit your position dealing damage and blocking ranged attacks while moving closer to you with every cycle. Death heads add chance to gain might on blocks.
Channel 2.45 seconds
Radius: 320-140
Damage: 740
Area Might: 1 stack (5s) / 10% chance per death head
Whirl Finisher

Minion Stats
Death Head – Armor 1300 – Health 4200
(immune to crowd control effects, boons, and conditions.)

For some quick clarification on the death head stuff: Activating the secondary will shoot a death head. If you don’t activate secondary, the summoned death head will lock in place for later use. If you already have a death head(s) locked in place, activating the secondary will fire all the death heads including the initial one from activation.

Sorry for the quality of art, i did them both at a coffee shop lol. The first one is a sketch of the death head appearance and the second one is just a sketch of using dark vortex, though without any death heads QQ.

I’ll add more detail to the skills shortly.

Attachments:

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

It’s kind of a neat idea, but a bit overcomplicated for a weapon. It doesn’t seem to really have an auto-attack. Or any sort of life-force generation. Both of which are very necessary for a necro weapon. It’d fit better as a conjured weapon, or some sort of environmental or story weapon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i think it could work, imagine shooting a beam of whatever out if it like mesmer’s greatsword. (for the autoattack)

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

I love this idea, it’s really really cool, but as Captain unusual is sayinh, Life force regeneration is a must on any necromancer weapon.

But really cool and well themed!

Love the art as well!

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

I love this idea, it’s really really cool, but as Captain unusual is sayinh, Life force regeneration is a must on any necromancer weapon.

But really cool and well themed!

Love the art as well!

wow thanks for the reminder about the life force (completely forgot for some reason). I added life force on the death head skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

This is kind of design that I like. Interesting, themed and fun to use.

Applaud for you. Enough of designs with “Oh, here’s some damage, boon and here some knockback, bam new weapon”. Also, I like the art.

Would be much more interesting than some Greatsword. I like it.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Glov.5342

Glov.5342

Your idea is nice, interesting and sounds very fun to use.

However, bear in mind that main-hand weapons need to have a spammable 1, that’s how we kill stuff. You’re proposing a CHANNELING 1, which is completely against all other weapons in the game.
If you changed to, say, a melee-hit that continuously build up damage, and exploding into a projectile on the 3rd hit, would be useful.

I’d really like to see something like this implemented for necromancers, but with a channeling 1 it’s just a no-no, unfortunately.

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

Your idea is nice, interesting and sounds very fun to use.

However, bear in mind that main-hand weapons need to have a spammable 1, that’s how we kill stuff. You’re proposing a CHANNELING 1, which is completely against all other weapons in the game.
If you changed to, say, a melee-hit that continuously build up damage, and exploding into a projectile on the 3rd hit, would be useful.

I’d really like to see something like this implemented for necromancers, but with a channeling 1 it’s just a no-no, unfortunately.

The auto attack is there… The auto is simply a double activation. Completing the channel is for anchoring the skull on your shield. So: you activate your H1, it starts a channel, you can immediately activate a gain to cancel the channel and shoot a death head.

Since its a main hand shield it already is in the realm of being different then other main hand weapons. And since its a shield it should feel a tad more sluggish (taking a mere 1 extra button smash to aa). The skill 1 was intentional. It’s not supposed to feel like a dagger (high speed repeated attack).

If you’re firing off one death head at a time the damage will be sub par (as i feel it should be). Building up 3 death heads, using h2 and h3 to their full effects, tanking and mitigating damage, and releasing your 3 heads at a critical moment is the more ideal approach. After that sequence or if all your death heads have been demolished from mass damage mitigation would be be spamming 1 death head in the middle of combat.

The death head idea is in the “preparation” region of the necromancer theme (like flesh wurm) and will favor a more buid-up approach.

The auto will take an additional key push but take less time than the DS auto.