Condi Necros are hurting the game

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

I enjoy playing a coni necro in PvE. If this happens to inconvenience you, i recommend you charr up and complain less. Conditions are broken, but they’re also enjoyable to play. And i play this game for personal enjoyment.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I enjoy playing a coni necro in PvE. If this happens to inconvenience you, i recommend you charr up and complain less. Conditions are broken, but they’re also enjoyable to play. And i play this game for personal enjoyment.

That’s fine. Expect to be kicked from groups though because your fun makes the game a chore for the four other people carrying dead weight. Its a two way street.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

I use elementalist for dungeons. I have yet to find any satisfactory dungeon builds for necro.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

(edited by Iarkrad.8415)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Souldestructor.9576

Souldestructor.9576

you could run a DS power build. it’s very simple to do and you can probably deal tons of dmg while in DS. just focus power precision and ferocity.

May the path of Grenth forever yield the death of your enemies. Necromancer, death brings us closer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

I didnt realise i was hurting the game until I came here. If in fact i did this, i apologize for Ill continue with further hurtful actions until my thumb falls off.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You are free to play the game however you want. However it is an mmo and it does involve group content. Which means its common courtesy to pull your weight in such content. If you refuse to then you cannot complain about being excluded from groups or being kicked.

Ive never understood the play how you want and disregard my team mates mentality. It strikes me as very inconsiderate and selfish. And I get far more satisfaction out of being useful to the group than playing my favourite builds (this is reason i play all classes). Can i ask you guys why you dont care at all about how the people you group with might feel?

in Necromancer

Posted by: stesouthby.9362

stesouthby.9362

I cannot get over the fact that you are stating a class is hurting the game not everyone wants to roll as a zerk and not everyone wants to play a certain class granted that they do not do the most damage but it is a mmo and diversity is what makes this game great people being different with different builds and what about noobs or low level players should they not join in world events as they are just hurting the game as well

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I cannot get over the fact that you are stating a class is hurting the game not everyone wants to roll as a zerk and not everyone wants to play a certain class granted that they do not do the most damage but it is a mmo and diversity is what makes this game great people being different with different builds and what about noobs or low level players should they not join in world events as they are just hurting the game as well

The reason world boss events fail is because of people with bad builds. So yes they should not join in. They are preventing others from completing content. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

world events fail because people dont know what to do, and because some seem to like to afk.
Dont realy think it has anything to do with someones build.

I do teq allmost every day, and when commanders explain in map chat what people should do, it allways works.
When no one explains anything, then it fails.

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

People not knowing is a factor aswell. A good example of builds causing failure is the crown pavilion. When people dont split up and build decent damage you wont get gold reward. People were uninformed and simply thought zerging is bad because it scales up the bosses. This is true but the bosses are scaled up by 20% of base hp per player. So if every player contributes atleast moderate dps then the kill should still be very fast even in a zerg. Condition builds, clerics and sentinals do not achieve moderate dps in zergs.

The problem is many people have woeful dps and this is emphasized in larger groups. So splitting people up into smaller groups reduces the risk of having 90% low dps players on one boss (also scaling is slightly less per player for less than 5 people). The proportion of high dps to low dps players is lower in larger groups. For example if im with 9 low dps players and I have very high dps i can make up for the other 9. If im with more low dps players it becomes harder to make up for their lack of dps (they are essentially leeching and forcing me to do more work). So the event is more likely to fail.

Also tequatl is about knowledge but it goes a lot smoother when the map has high dps. Ive seen some maps which almost failed because of bad dps. Bad dps players are just the same as afkers. They contribute little to nothing and scale the event.

The only way to fix this would be to scale events based on player gear type and numbers. But id imagine thats quite a difficult thing to do.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Necromancer

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

That’s fine. Expect to be kicked from groups though because your fun makes the game a chore for the four other people carrying dead weight. Its a two way street.

You’ll get kicked out of groups from being a necromancer alone, because it doesn’t matter if you zerk or whatever, people who try to group always want zerker warriors and whatnot.

I’d rather play alone then with a bunch of sheep who just use the same build over and over, and expect others to play exactly like they play.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Souldestructor.9576

Souldestructor.9576

You know this is just all a kittening idea from some dumb player who posted it as a rant because in pvp he got killed by a condi necro. But in truth Zerker is the ONLY way for a necro to get by, you understand the game doesn’t restrict you to ONLY zerk you can have different gear set for your build. Zerker for PVE Condi for WvWvW or zerker/condi solo or w/e you want. The games an MMO it’s not like one set fits all.
All classes allow for Zerker sets and still keep their condition sets for when they want to solo or personal story depending on it. you just gotta pay more for your buck in the game as a necro.

May the path of Grenth forever yield the death of your enemies. Necromancer, death brings us closer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

First off, condition necro would be my main character, but I had to admit to myself a long time ago that it simply was not viable.

Second, I am tired of seeing other people playing condi necromancer, when the reality is, your presence only makes things worse.

A condition necro, at a pve event, brings less benefit, than a person that refuses to respawn. All you are doing is causing the boss to scale up, and for what? A few ticks of bleeds, doing maybe 300 damage?

It’s likely true, that necros at boss events end up doing 1/50th the damage other players do, however, they also proc regen with their staffs.

A support geared banner warrior’s regen heals for 300 or so per tick, a condition necro heals for 140…. so every time a condi necro uses mark of blood, they’re damaging the tanks!

…every 4 seconds, when you cast mark of blood, you are over-writing a real healers regen.

I know it’s not the players fault, but this is the situation condi necros are in, no real boss damage, very real player damage.

…and in pvp, a condi thief is superior in every way.

…condi warriors are vastly more useful as well.

…condi engineers kill players twice as fast.

And they can all do something a necro can’t do; they can run away, and live to fight another day.

So hambow, SoH evade or dps SoH thieves, celestial might stacking eles and turret engineers (if you can call them OP) don’t wreck the game but actually repair it over a condi necro (that has been nerfed hammered)?

This Ezeriel.9574 must be either high or asking to be ignored by any anet HR/dev(maybe) that would even want to read this post if they ever decided to bother.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

He’s not talking about pvp, condi is our best pvp spec.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

You’ll get kicked out of groups from being a necromancer alone, because it doesn’t matter if you zerk or whatever, people who try to group always want zerker warriors and whatnot.

I’d rather play alone then with a bunch of sheep who just use the same build over and over, and expect others to play exactly like they play.

I have maybe once been kicked from a group for being a Necromancer, and that was because it was someone who was intending to do a speed clear of CoF back in the day when it was all warriors all the time, but this person forgot to mention that while advertising their group. And that’s it, every other group I’ve been in has put up with me running “zerker” (I say that because I was really bad about getting perfect zerker gear) just fine.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

I have maybe once been kicked from a group for being a Necromancer, and that was because it was someone who was intending to do a speed clear of CoF back in the day when it was all warriors all the time, but this person forgot to mention that while advertising their group. And that’s it, every other group I’ve been in has put up with me running “zerker” (I say that because I was really bad about getting perfect zerker gear) just fine.

How can you be bad at getting zerker gear in the first place unless your building your economy from the ground up each time.

/facepalm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Playing any particular build doesn’t hurt the game or other players. That’s just ridiculous. What they are really saying is that they want you to be as optimal as possible because they feel they are. If you have to have five people running your idea of “optimal” builds to finish a dungeon then what does that say about your build in general? Also, someone made a comment about this being an MMO and that it involves group content but that goes both ways. How can anyone expect everyone else to play exactly how they want them to? At least attempt reasonable expectations.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

How can you be bad at getting zerker gear in the first place unless your building your economy from the ground up each time.

/facepalm

“Bad at getting zerker” = I was bad (lazy) about getting full zerker gear, not that it would have been difficult, but I just didn’t particularly feel like it. I had mixed assassin/zerker/rampager stats, and by the time I cared to take PvE seriously I had mostly decided to level an Ele, so I had no desire to waste a bunch of gold outfitting myself when I wasn’t going to play that character in group PvE content.

Playing any particular build doesn’t hurt the game or other players. That’s just ridiculous. What they are really saying is that they want you to be as optimal as possible because they feel they are. If you have to have five people running your idea of “optimal” builds to finish a dungeon then what does that say about your build in general? Also, someone made a comment about this being an MMO and that it involves group content but that goes both ways. How can anyone expect everyone else to play exactly how they want them to? At least attempt reasonable expectations.

It has nothing to do with needing zerker to finish content, it has to do with wasting time simply because someone refuses to run a decent build. If you can’t have the common courtesy to run a build that doesn’t hold your entire group back, then at least have the common sense to understand why people won’t want you in their group. I’m fine with 4 man carrying someone who is simply new and having troubles, I won’t carry someone who is willfully ignorant and ignoring every bit of advice they get because they “play for fun”. It isn’t fun for me to deal with your crappy build, so don’t be surprised when you get removed from the group.

Again, no one is actually forcing you to run a build that isn’t bad. But you sure as heck aren’t able to force me to put up with your bad build either.

My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Basically what Bhawbby said ^^

If you’ve ever had to grind and goldfarm for something expensive, such as legendary, and you have the reasonable goal of running lets say 9 dungeons paths per day (which is about 20 gold with dungeon token gear salvaged) and lets say for AC p1, a condition necro joins your party with the intention of bleeding and tormenting the burrows to death. Perhaps you don’t have an ele too, and another player doesn’t have power based gear. You may even wipe on the burrows multiple times because of too little DPS.
Suddenly, before you know it, you’ve spent an hour of the 4 hours you can allocate to running dungeons per day, just failing and wiping to the burrows. Now you may only be able to get 5 or 6 paths in that day, which is an estimated loss of 8 gold if you run 5 paths instead of 9 because poor builds kitten it up.

Now that is an extreme example, but thats how some players such as myself think. The PvE content in this game is already horribly repetitive and soulsucking to begin with, lets not make it worse by making it take longer. Zerker necro is 100% fine for casual yet fast runs, despite all its PvE problems regarding the speedclear meta, but for those just looking to do dungeons for money and tokens, its DPS is fine enough to not hinder your group significantly. I have never once been kicked soley for playing zerker necro, and I join zerker groups all the time, I just avoid stupid groups that only want heavies and eles. Anyway, time is money, and suboptimal builds cost us as players time, which in turn costs us money.

tldr: condition necro = less money, not just less for your self, but less money for your party.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I just dont like people leeching more than me. My second necro is called Number One Leech for a reason and i was gifted a stack of Superior Sigils of Leeching by a friend on my birthday for a reason.

in Necromancer

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

looks like not everyone plays games for the same reasons.

some play to have some fun and escape real life
some play for just rewards, time is money, and every minut in game equals gold.

we wil never agree on whats best im afraid

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

looks like not everyone plays games for the same reasons.

some play to have some fun and escape real life
some play for just rewards, time is money, and every minut in game equals gold.

we wil never agree on whats best im afraid

Hahaha true, which is sad But thankfully, I’m basically in the last week or two (depending on things selling on the TP soon) of grinding for my legendary, so I can go back to not doing PvE as much or intensely for money soon. And I am having fun grinding for it, but it finally feels a bit too repetitive, but only a little bit more to go, then I’ll basically only do WvW and get back into pvp, and maybe just do a few dungeons here and there to slowly ascend the rest of my character’s gear or buy cool non-legendary skins.

I actually did spend over an hour in AC p1 a few days ago, but that was due to cleric guardians more than condition necros lol, but I have had issues with them in practice in TA, CoF and fractals before.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

If you’ve ever had to grind and goldfarm for something expensive, such as legendary, and you have the reasonable goal of running lets say 9 dungeons paths per day (which is about 20 gold with dungeon token gear salvaged) and lets say for AC p1, a condition necro joins your party with the intention of bleeding and tormenting the burrows to death. Perhaps you don’t have an ele too, and another player doesn’t have power based gear. You may even wipe on the burrows multiple times because of too little DPS.
Suddenly, before you know it, you’ve spent an hour of the 4 hours you can allocate to running dungeons per day, just failing and wiping to the burrows. Now you may only be able to get 5 or 6 paths in that day, which is an estimated loss of 8 gold if you run 5 paths instead of 9 because poor builds kitten it up.

Now that is an extreme example, but thats how some players such as myself think. The PvE content in this game is already horribly repetitive and soulsucking to begin with, lets not make it worse by making it take longer. Zerker necro is 100% fine for casual yet fast runs, despite all its PvE problems regarding the speedclear meta, but for those just looking to do dungeons for money and tokens, its DPS is fine enough to not hinder your group significantly. I have never once been kicked soley for playing zerker necro, and I join zerker groups all the time, I just avoid stupid groups that only want heavies and eles. Anyway, time is money, and suboptimal builds cost us as players time, which in turn costs us money.

tldr: condition necro = less money, not just less for your self, but less money for your party.

You have to realize that by excluding them from your party, you’re forcing them to run with non-zerk groups with builds similar to theirs, which means they’re going to be wiping even more and losing even more gold. A group with 4 zerks and a PHIW can clear content easily, a group with 5 PHIWs will wipe constantly.

By denying PHIWs the opportunity to PHTW in a speedclear group you’re basically stealing gold right out of their pockets. You’re literally the cancer killing the GW2 community.

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

You have to realize that by excluding them from your party, you’re forcing them to run with non-zerk groups with builds similar to theirs, which means they’re going to be wiping even more and losing even more gold. A group with 4 zerks and a PHIW can clear content easily, a group with 5 PHIWs will wipe constantly.

By denying PHIWs the opportunity to PHTW in a speedclear group you’re basically stealing gold right out of their pockets. You’re literally the cancer killing the GW2 community.

I’m cancer? How lovely. Thats a new one. Well in that case I hope I metastasize to all crappy pug groups in the game, so they can learn from their crappiness. And honestly, you could be right about how I’m forming a toxic disease in the PvE community, and I’m okay with that 100%.

I don’t think you understand my logic. If people who played how they want were serious about making money via dungeons, then they wouldn’t play such awful specs unless they’re new and haven’t done any research on how to do well in PvE in this game. In that case, when someone informs them about how their playstyle makes PvE content be completed several times slower, they’d readjust their playstyle or their priorities, ie. they would go zerker or they would realize they cared more about having fun than making money, even if its less effective.

Sometimes you can have both, but that depends on what fun means to you. I used to run ele just because its the top dog for DPS, and that made me hate the class so much I don’t really want to play it anymore, because it just wasn’t me, and I was frustrated with how little attention people were paying in regards to fire fields and conjures, regardless of whether the party was offically zerk or not.

I’ve always mained necromancer in WvW, and it was always my favorite class. I didn’t run it in PvE for the longest time because it was suboptimal. But then I decided to use Spoj’s build and use it anyway, for casual zerker pugs, and it works fine enough for the level and speed of the content, and rest assured I am meeting my gold requirement goals that I have been setting for each day, and I’m honestly happier and having more fun this way, so it is in a way possible to play how you want and make money, but only if you’re content to find the most efficient playstyle fun.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

I think the goal of reducing the overall number of necromancers in PvE is a good one.

Oh look what I found!

Here, you said on this thread that the overall goal of reducing necromancers in PvE was a good one. That tells me all I need to know about you. You’re no better than I am. The difference is, for whatever reason, you’re standing up for all the crappy pve players out there, and you act like they’re entitled to good parties despite how they’re basically sponges. I on the other hand will always stand up for zerker power necros in PvE, as I’ve said before on these forums, I will do all I can to improve the image of necromancers in PvE, and if that means kicking out every condition necro, every bearbow ranger, every cleric guardian, and every othe PVT fail hero I come across when I advertise and join ZERKER parties, then I will do it, even if it makes life harder for the uninformed players running those inferior specs.

Its survival of the fittest to an extent. Adapt or be chewed out, but always uphold the reputation of your profession, or else you just make it look bad in the eyes of everyone else. Its the only way that the metagame can truly evolve and move forward, when bad builds are shown to not work and are punished for that, and that the guild builds are rewarded and move on to become popular and effective.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

(edited by nearlight.3064)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Nearlight dont take things so seriously, its a game.
Also i believe this guy was ironic on his last comment. A good thing since most of his comments are usually bullkitten.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I get that its best to think for the group when you are in a group, in this case be zerker when you are in dungeons, and I agree with that. Where is the limit exactly though? Do we have to use the exact max damage setup: Scholar runes, 6/6/0/0/2, WoS, Signet of Spite, BiP, right consumables and dagger-focus/warhorn? I personally like to use the same gear/rune/sigil/consumable (sometimes Skale Venom when I feel the group needs mitigation) combination but with 2/6/0/0/6, dagger-dagger or horn (very good looks)/staff (for “cleaving” with DS in trash fights), with WoC or Wurm or Shadow Fiend while fighting trash. At what time its too far to stretch?

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

Nearlight dont take things so seriously, its a game.
Also i believe this guy was ironic on his last comment. A good thing since most of his comments are usually bullkitten.

Yeah I know, but I don’t care if he was ironic. He personally insulted me and I just wanted to defend myself.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

This has been a fun thread to read. The OP seems obsessed with Necro play style not being similar enough to a War or Thf.

In temple runs, I can take whatever build I want, as long as I use staff and wells for AoE condition flips, transfers, heals, fields, and siphon-transfers. There is usually no lack of dps in these events, if the front line does not go down. Saying Necros are useless is hurtful because we can fix condition problems, then go Lich and dps like kings.

I guess I am too casual about this, though.

PS: Necro as NPC escort rules.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

/facepalm

“Bad at getting zerker” = I was bad (lazy) about getting full zerker gear, not that it would have been difficult, but I just didn’t particularly feel like it. I had mixed assassin/zerker/rampager stats, and by the time I cared to take PvE seriously I had mostly decided to level an Ele, so I had no desire to waste a bunch of gold outfitting myself when I wasn’t going to play that character in group PvE content.

It has nothing to do with needing zerker to finish content, it has to do with wasting time simply because someone refuses to run a decent build. If you can’t have the common courtesy to run a build that doesn’t hold your entire group back, then at least have the common sense to understand why people won’t want you in their group. I’m fine with 4 man carrying someone who is simply new and having troubles, I won’t carry someone who is willfully ignorant and ignoring every bit of advice they get because they “play for fun”. It isn’t fun for me to deal with your crappy build, so don’t be surprised when you get removed from the group.

Again, no one is actually forcing you to run a build that isn’t bad. But you sure as heck aren’t able to force me to put up with your bad build either.

One more point on zerker gear is that Necro, at release, was laughable at direct damage and conditions were stronger. Please forgive us oldsters for our inertia. For myself, by the time I realized conditions were never coming back in style for PVE, I had already cut back my play time.

in Necromancer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You have to consider that the profit you get from a dungeon is a function of reward on the one hand and effort and time spent on the other.

Say you do Arah P1 on your zerker and get 3.26g reward for a 30 minute pug run and spend ten units of effort per minute. You’re getting about 1.1 silver per unit of time-effort spent.

If on the other hand you join a full zerk pug group on your full TVH necro and just spam Life Blast at 1200 range in every encounter and “accidentally” get kicked by Lupi and spend the rest of the fight dead while you make yourself a coffee, you will still get a 3.26g reward at the end and the run may take maybe 35 minutes and you’ve spent maybe half a unit of effort per minute on average, tops. That’s 18.6 silver per time-effort unit, or almost 18 times the reward.

It’s simply that much more cost-efficient to be the leecher than the carry even if it makes the run take longer overall. It’s not an issue of being lazy or bad, it’s being efficient. That’s why I have a cleric set on my ranger too.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

And then someone who isn’t being a complete kitten kicks you from the group and you get nothing.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I just went into an AC p2 zerk only group and intentionally bearbowed as badly as possible and no one said anything. Full clerics, LB #4 out of stacks, no frostspotter, etc.

The vast majority of the time you just won’t get kicked unless you’re obviously AFK and/or talking kitten.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

One more point on zerker gear is that Necro, at release, was laughable at direct damage and conditions were stronger. Please forgive us oldsters for our inertia. For myself, by the time I realized conditions were never coming back in style for PVE, I had already cut back my play time.

Thats not true. People just didnt know better back then.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

if that means kicking out every condition necro, every bearbow ranger, every cleric guardian, and every othe PVT fail hero I come across when I advertise and join ZERKER parties, then I will do it

How would you feel about a dagger nec (or reflect mesmer) in assassin’s armour? Kick on sight?

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

if that means kicking out every condition necro, every bearbow ranger, every cleric guardian, and every othe PVT fail hero I come across when I advertise and join ZERKER parties, then I will do it

How would you feel about a dagger nec (or reflect mesmer) in assassin’s armour? Kick on sight?

Don’t be facetious. Of course that is okay, and spoj’s guide suggests using some assassin’s pieces mixed in on his dagger build for maximum effectiveness. Its still full glass gear, just the optimization is a bit different which also helps you to maximize DPS, albeit a bit differently. The point is that gear that prioritizes defenseive stats instead of or not including the main power offensive stats of power prec and ferocity in some way causes lower DPS, so therefore assassin’s is fine.

As for mesmer, thats perfectly fine too. But if they use a GS in melee range and not in one of the few encounters in the game that can’t be meleed, I’d probably at least inform them about how ineffective that weapon is compared to the S/SorP/F set up.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Pregnantman.8259

What can you say about my setup then (above)?

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

What can you say about my setup then (above)?

Your set up sounds fine to me. I don’t care if everyone in a pug runs the exact max damage set up in terms of traits, as long as its relatively close and that overly defensive/condition gear is not used. I might also add that I’m fine with people using some valkyrie too (but zerker trinkets) if they want in pugs, as that is essentially zerker training gear and their damage won’t be too much lower.

What I am not okay with is PVT, knights/cavalier (too much toughness), clerics, rampager, rabid, carrion, dire, nomads, settlers, apothecary, magi or sentinels, and celestial.

Basically I’d just like people to heavily prioritize power damage. If your build takes slightly more defensive traits with the offensive gear, thats okay for pugs, if you use suboptimal runes, thats okay, like for example ruby orbs suck now but thats fine, but you shouldn’t bring dolyak runes or something like that. I’ve actually been using flame legion runes as making howler has left me with 6 silver to my name (and I’m still just waiting for the precursor buy order to go through 0_o) and I plan on getting a scholar set next.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Don’t be facetious.

You got me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pelopidas.2140

Pelopidas.2140

Rampager is pretty good on necro…Knights-cavaliers mixed are also not too bad for pve. Also zerk trinkets and soldiers armor is still not too bad if you dont want to be on edge with zerk gear. And the death perception build lets you use tankier gear without a huge dps loss, the dagger build needs some party buffs (like disc banner) and high crit chance to achieve full potential…
Dumb the flame legion, lol, buy runes of rage, these are cheap and good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The issue isn’t even so much a condition necro being used in dungeon content. The issue is people using it in times where it actually hurts the party.

For example, I usually run condition necro in dungeons and fractals because it excels at wiping groups of mobs via Epidemic. That said, I never use it on:

• Any path where we fight objects (CoF path 1, I’m just not the gate breaker)
  • Any run where we have another condition build of any sort
  • Arah path with the special corruption buff

End of Dredge fractal isn’t an issue, I’m the lava runner popping Battle Roar and dropping Well of Power/Blood with Focused Rituals.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Pregnantman.8259

Even if there isn’t a condition build present, bleed is still an abundant condition that can be applied randomly by your teammates. A bleed stack that is applied randomly is a stack of bleed you couldn’t maintain because of the cap. You can still melt through trash with your power builds: I use DS “cleaving”, wells, Locust Swarm along with Epidemic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Strangely, I only very rarely manage to hit the bleed cap in dungeons, even with the incidental bleeds of allies. This is probably helped with the fact I run neither sigils of Earth or sigils of Geomancy, opting for Torment instead (as that never reaches the stack cap) Power builds have the issue of being too single-target on necros overall and Epidemic lacks “oomph” in Zerker.

I have a tough time believing I am actively hurting my team by running conditions outside of a few specific circumstances, since I never join speed runs.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

“Hurting” is all relative. If you’re doing half the DPS of a staff ele and there’s another condi necro in the party, the two of you together are collectively losing out on the potential DPS of a whole another party member. If you were afking at the start of the dungeon for the reward most people would probably agree you’re “hurting” the party by doing that even if the remaining four players are skilled enough to complete the dungeon without you.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I don’t think they’re that bad unless it’s a large open world boss event where the cap for conditions is met without even trying (swap out to direct damage in these or you really are leeching the event unless it’s an organised go at the wurms), you are having to take out objects or you are speed running a dungeon where mobs should be dropping too fast for your conditions to really kick (though for speed runs Zerk is usually specified as a requirement anyway so you shouldn’t be joining those groups). For PUG groups they are fine and can even be great if you’re able to pull of well timed Epidemics so long you aren’t stepping on the toes of another condition user.

Though in general yes power is a much safer bet for group PVE but when you are soloing it doesn’t mater, do what you like. I use conditions because I like using them and get bored of being direct damage on all my characters.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

After reading his thread, I remade a lvl 80 necro and got ascended dire gear just to spam my scepter auto attack on meta bosses for fun , maybe I’ll record it just for the OP

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

Well I suppose it could be worse. I once had a condition based staff Ele join my TA aetherpath run.

Needless to say we didn’t get past the ooze with him in our party.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Condi staff actually isn’t terrible as for as condi goes, with Eruption you’re looking at like 12 stacks of bleed at base. With a bit of extra condi duration and crit procs that should get you up to 25 pretty easily.

in Necromancer

nearlight.3064

I guess for PvE that works, but theres not that much burning from fire on staff, and water and air give no damaging conditions (although tthey don’t on any ele weaponset). I once I had a huge argument for pvp based condition eles in the ele forums. The condition ele forum zealot is basically crazy, hates staff for condition, which is fine, plays D/D condition, and is a scrub that switches diamond skin and stoneheart before every match based on who hes playing. Oh yeah he uses perplexity too to make up for a lack of a class mechanic.

But anyway in that situation, he was basically doing not enough damage to kill the grubs needed to do the ooze.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Well if anyone not completely concerned about optimization ever wants to do dungeons just P.M. me. I don’t care what build you run I’ll still group with you and we’ll still beat it. Don’t let these kind of conversations dictate how you play.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.