Condition/Healing build

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I want to turn my necro into something of a mad doc, maxing out the bleeding/poison effects, using scepter/dagger, plus healing myself and the team as much as possible.
Maxed out vitality/healing traits, T/Con/Heal exotic gear… Will it fly? I know about the condition damage limitations, but I tend to do dungeons with team in which reaching 25 stacks is not a problem.
I heard that healing power is utterly useless right now, would like to hear any confirmation of this before I invest loads of gold into new equipment…

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

first, before investing too much gold, test your build in sPvP, because here you can change your equip for free. Only Problem, you cant combine different armor sets like in PvE. But for the first try it is ok.

You can support with heal, Well of blood, Death shroud 4(with trait) Regen from Staff. And a bit vampiric for yourself. But Some of them don’t scale (DS #4) and the vampiric scale pretty bad with healing power (should be changed in 15th patch).

I think a stronger healing support would be a banner or shout warrior(can be played with conditions as well), Water Ele or Guardian.

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

The 15th patch will see a bunch of improvements to necro heals, as they will be scaling somewhat with healing stats. I’m not saying they will be game changing or not, but it’s gotta be better than what we have now. Can’t wait to see what else is coming!

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Asmodeus.5782

Here’s hoping. Ty, guys.

William S. Burroughs

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avorzik.3825

Avorzik.3825

I currently run this exact idea on my necro alt.
full shamans heal/tough/condi dmg (or whatever that set is called now)
0/10/20/20/20 with the dagger 5 on DS, staff traits, transfer heal, heal on DS down, DS cooldowns and marks 3% LF

its probably some of the best fun ive ever had, as long as you are in group fights. i used it in spvp and wvw (wvw is more fun because both the healing and condi dmg is higher) and it is definately viable. 8s regen that ticks for about 350 on a 4s cooldown MOB is ridiculous party support. combine this with the DS heals and runes of water (about a 1.7k aoe heal every 25 sec, yes i use eat conditions because i hate the healing well)

really good fun and makes your team really love you for healing + condi pressure

definately go for it, if its true that necro healing is being buffed i am excited (although kinda sad becuase that means there is a chance it will become fotm >_<)

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

I used a cleric power/healing build for awhile in PVE. It has great (too much, probably) survivability:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Post-Your-Build-Thread/1827676

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get the same kind of trait synergy to boost condition dmg to a very useful level, using Shaman or Apothecary gear. When I try the OPs build idea or Avorzik’s build in a calculator, I don’t see how to get condition damage to a useful level (considering that I have no Power) without swapping out for different gear.

I doubt the 15th patch will change things that much. I think Anet is into making some incremental changes, but likely nothing that will make HP a much more viable stat. Just my guess.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avorzik.3825

Avorzik.3825

ya i just tried now and i cant even get the numbers i do in game lol
from memory it was mostly apothecary/shamans gear and the numbers were about 850 condi dmg, 1300 healing, 2600 toughness and about 21k health.

with food, sigil of life, yadayada it was about 1k condi dmg and 1600 healing power

im used to running more support/ tanky builds, so the 1k condi dmg (before any might or whatnot) is more than enough to put pressure and dmg on ppl. and the 1.5k healing puts numbers out as i said in my last post

and i only have 3 ascended trinkets the rest of gear is exotic

edit:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7IjMaJ7Nb0bKAJFX/8kiu3OqwxUKKndA-jkxAIOBZqBQesIasV3ioxqnJiqV3YA-w
thats pretty close i would say even though thats useing all 5 ascended trinkets

(edited by Avorzik.3825)

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Asmodeus.5782

Mine is currently 10/25/5/30/0, with a lot of toughness in items. Will probably make it 10/30/0, in order to get this 33% scepter cond bonus. :P

William S. Burroughs

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Asmodeus.5782

Well, in pvp it’s a monster, that’s for sure.

William S. Burroughs

Condition/Healing build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

I have been playing a Support Condi/Healing build for about 80% of my playtime as Necro since the Lost Shores release that introduced Apothecary gear (Rabid for the rest). Over that time its gone through some changes due to patches and new tier gear etc. so this is my build now:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7YjQad6Zaub07JApHXj9zTP+ecxjKMMA-jUCBYiCyINJjWQZm8IQ5RFRjtaqIas6ZER1qbYGxFRrWIgFrBA-w

(I use the Sclerite Karka Shell too, but it has never been loaded on to build sites)

The blood minor traits are very useful and can be interchanged based off your situation. I also did A LOT of number crunching (even posted it some months back, but not going to repost I think), and was more impressed with with healing per second and damage per second by the end of it. Every 32 seconds this necro can easily heal itself and a team more than 20,000 health in that timeframe while comboing Protection, Weakness, Condition Transfering/Conversion and Boon Conversion. That mixture of support can allow a Necro and his/her team to facetank some fights when usually that wouldn’t be wise, even for Guardian Teams.

The great thing about condition support build compared to a power support build, is with all the spammable AoE bleed skills from Staff/Scepter/Dagger, Geomancy sigil and MoE, you’re able to do very decent/constant AoE condi damage while also focusing heavily into 2 defensive attributes (Toughness and Healing). You also don’t need to focus on actually placing wells on enemies or chasing down targets to do more damage. Instead you can multi-task by being very offensive via AoE bleed/torment pressure with weapons, while timing/placing your support wells at opportune times and staying well protected.

On top of all that, Apothecary/Shaman gear allows you can take advantage of Epidemic, Well of Corruption, Putrid Marks and Deathly Swarm for much needed extra dps.

I use this build everyday for PVE, WvW and SPvP and it works very well in all three. It’s main drawbacks are lack of anti-cc, lack of ranged condi spike and a high condi dps(compared to offensive condi builds) and of course situations where conditions just aren’t suitable.