Condition pve build?

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

Hey guys, I don’t frequent the necro forums, so I’m sorry if this is common knowledge, but can I get a link to a decent condition pve build? It doesn’t have to be speed run optimized or any crap like that, just something decently effective and fun.

Thanks so much. I’m thinking about making a necro myself and I don’t want EVERY character I have to be full zerker whatever max dps nothing special.

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

This is what I use http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fREQNArYWjc00db1N+0wfbCchC6DIAi2ozgJYEoaLA-TxyCABAcIAwR9HFeAApoFALlfyphgijAwM7PonukxUCO9JAAA-e

Its allot of fun to play but you will find more success in groups with power builds.

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

You can run whatever, but you’re being detrimental to your party. Even more than a berserker necro. It’ll be far from “decently effective”, though. The best (= less worse) build is the one lily put above.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Another option you might like to try is flow’s Staff+Corruption build:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Build-Staff-Corruption/1773894

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: OnyX.9027

OnyX.9027

You can run whatever, but you’re being detrimental to your party. Even more than a berserker necro. It’ll be far from “decently effective”, though. The best (= less worse) build is the one lily put above.

^ is a sad but true fact ( and represents the majority of ppl running in a PuG for dungeons)

a-net are to blame in a way as any “elitist” group will ONLY ever want to take FOTM class (primarily zerk warrior or gtfo) so anything else is simply sub-par in the eyes of these groups or as the guy above states “detrimental to the group”

why are a-net to blame? because the very core of the game simply works on the basis of Direct Damage > everything, therefore as a necro you bring nothing to the table due to sub-par Direct Damage

The sad thing is that I have been away from the game for a year and in that time sure there have been trait changes, games changes etc… but one constant remains… Necro is STILL in a horrible place

Reservoir Shugo – Necro
Soul of Onyx – Guardian

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

I really don’t mind at all. I don’t do any elitist pve content because it bores the heck out of me. I do mainly fun whatever I want pve and WvW/PvP. You guys (not YOU guys but the dungeon running crews) can go stack around corners with someone else.

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

^ is a sad but true fact ( and represents the majority of ppl running in a PuG for dungeons)

a-net are to blame in a way as any “elitist” group will ONLY ever want to take FOTM class (primarily zerk warrior or gtfo) so anything else is simply sub-par in the eyes of these groups or as the guy above states “detrimental to the group”

why are a-net to blame? because the very core of the game simply works on the basis of Direct Damage > everything, therefore as a necro you bring nothing to the table due to sub-par Direct Damage

The sad thing is that I have been away from the game for a year and in that time sure there have been trait changes, games changes etc… but one constant remains… Necro is STILL in a horrible place

Necro single target DPS and single target burst is clearly powerful, it sits between thieves and engis afaik. It’s not about their dps, it’s about their lack of utilities and support. Also OP if you don’t mind other people advices, just don’t ask.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I really don’t mind at all. I don’t do any elitist pve content because it bores the heck out of me. I do mainly fun whatever I want pve and WvW/PvP. You guys (not YOU guys but the dungeon running crews) can go stack around corners with someone else.

Just make sure to find 4 more people like you to fill a group. Most of the instanced PvE revolves around stacking for valid reasons.

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Do yourself a favor and if you are dead set on running a necro as your dungeon character, at least go with a power build. Condition builds in PVE kind of suck because of the cap on conditions. If they ever lift the cap, then it might be decent.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I hear you want to play “your” way which is great and all but if the rest of the group stacks and you are off somewhere else, don’t be surprised if you get a kick. You are already playing a class which most people deem as the worst dungeon class in game and on top of that, if you cant stack in the right places…..

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

Power builds on necromancer are boring and stacking is for people that haven’t learned how to play an ARPG 99% of the time.

I don’t take my necro out for PvE very often, but I use something similar to Lily up there. Main differences are that:

-I’m running 2/6/0/0/6 as I highly prefer the available traits in Soul Reaping over Spite
-Scepter + dagger/ scepter + focus because I can’t stand the staff.
-Traveler’s runes and energy sigils because move speed and endurance refills are more valuable to me over the extra damage.

Aside from the fun factor, my favorite part of this build is that I can quite literally step over into WvW without having to change a thing… highly convenient with the new season coming up.

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Power builds on necromancer are boring and stacking is for people that haven’t learned how to play an ARPG 99% of the time.

I don’t take my necro out for PvE very often, but I use something similar to Lily up there. Main differences are that:

-I’m running 2/6/0/0/6 as I highly prefer the available traits in Soul Reaping over Spite
-Scepter + dagger/ scepter + focus because I can’t stand the staff.
-Traveler’s runes and energy sigils because move speed and endurance refills are more valuable to me over the extra damage.

Aside from the fun factor, my favorite part of this build is that I can quite literally step over into WvW without having to change a thing… highly convenient with the new season coming up.

How about not making up percentiles and truths out of your head? People stack in PvE to maintain whatever close range boons they can give to the group, to instantly rezz other people, reflect projectiles for the group, debuff efficiently and cleave. It has nothing to do with being unexperienced as stacking utilizes all there is – including team synergy – regarding the combat in PvE. On the other hand, spreading out makes it kind of free for all, as boons aren’t distributed effectively and therefore both defense and offense is selfish; not to mention how the team may not rezz efficiently. Does that sight seem experienced to you?

Deeming power specs as “boring” is subjective. If its the spamming of AA that is bothersome condition specs don’t do much about it either. Is it spamming 2 and 5 on scepter/dagger combo that makes it all more fun or using Epidemic on cooldown? Power builds have as much as button mashing as condition builds, and as personal opinion; I have always preferred the uneasiness of staying melee, big crits and well bombing to watch how far my bleed stacks go while sitting on range.

As a final note, of course you don’t have to do anything to hop with your WvW build into PvE and that may be something good for you, but not for your teammates. When you are without your staff not maximizing your bleeds, with only a meager bonus to your damage from runes and a bonus that turns off while in combat and with points sinked to Soul Reaping that doesn’t really help a scepter camping condition spec; remember that your group has to carry you around while you are having too much fun.

(edited by Pregnantman.8259)

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylvari.6083

Sylvari.6083

WvW | sPvP/tPvP | PvE/Dungeon – Builds: http://metabattle.com/

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

I love how people on the forum can’t read. Get about 4-6 comments below and people stop commenting on the original poster and start slinging insults at one and other.
Every comment section everywhere on the web, this happens. Look at the original poster and answer their question. Or go off topic like most do and cry. I’m hear looking for info on Necro’s and this is what i find …

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Condition pve build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Thread Necromancy