"Consume Conditions" a Corruption Skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

If it were added to anything, I’d say it should be added to Corruption.

I think ANet should probably focus on the bugs rather than making changes right now, though.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

All the other necromancer healing abilities have a type, why doesn’t consume conditions?

Hehe.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

All the other necromancer healing abilities have a type, why doesn’t consume conditions?

Hehe.

Because chopping 5 seconds off the cooldown for the builds that make the most of it would be OP? It’s already arguably the best self-heal in the game.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Hehe.

Because chopping 5 seconds off the cooldown for the builds that make the most of it would be OP? It’s already arguably the best self-heal in the game.

Perhaps, but necromancers are an attrition class, they don’t do the damage other classes do.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be a Corruption skill, other than the fact that one of our heals can already have reduced cooldown – Well of Blood. Still, the theme of corruption spells sort of fits the heal. I also think that Plague Form should be a corruption skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be a Corruption skill, other than the fact that one of our heals can already have reduced cooldown – Well of Blood. Still, the theme of corruption spells sort of fits the heal. I also think that Plague Form should be a corruption skill

Blood Fiend also has a Cooldown reduction trait.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Blood Fiend also has a Cooldown reduction trait.

You beat me to it, and yeah this would be awesome as a corruption, but if it meant them nerfing the heal as a result, nty, keep it as it is.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

It’s arguably one of the strongest heals in the game. If they made it a corruption skill it would probably be nerfed in some aspect as well.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

I like this idea. I’m doubtful it’d be OP, considering how we generally have little investment in Healing Power.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Serenseven.4657

Serenseven.4657

All the other Corruption skills place a condition on you. Given that Consume Conditions is meant to cleanse your conditions in addition to healing you, wouldn’t it make little sense to have it turn around and put a condition back on you?

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Seeing as how ridiculous it is that Necromancers, arguably one of the lowest damage dealing classes in the game, has the only set of skills that actually hurt to use, I am for this.

But fix our bugs first.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I’d love this to be spectral AND corruption

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

It isn’t ridiculous. It should be classed as a signet or a spectral skill simply as that. Every other healing skill is like that.

Every other skill isn’t 25 second cooldown heal that removes all of your conditions and heals you extra for it.

Consume Conditions is fine.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Consume Conditions is easily one of the strongest, if not the strongest, self-heal in the entire game and doesn’t need a buff. If you want it to be a Spectral skill just to give it “flavor” then its CD and/or heal would have to get nerfed to compensate.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vilar.2680

Vilar.2680

The one reason i want C.condi to become spectral is becouse i find odd a skill with no type… that shouldn’t exist,

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

How old is the person?

The skill is very strong and well designed considering the other of necromancer’s traits and skills. Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Wow this was a seriously old post revival. I just wanted to point out while this is definately top tier for healing skills, the thief heal gives them.

1. The heal.
2. Invisibility for 3 seconds.
3. Removes bleed/poison/burn
4. Regeneration.

While consume conditions is really strong, borerline OP for our class and how it functions, you cannot deny that heal from the thief is equally overpowered or more so because of the target break. In terms of the OP, I don’t see why it would need a CD reduction though, because I am sure they would balance that by making something else weaker.

The developers already are very scared to buff anything on the necromancer because of the giant pink elephant in the room of Deathshroud.

—Typos

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Sorry, but it would be way overpowered. I’m (almost) surprised they let it go as is, but it does go with the theme of us being masters with conditions. Its a perfect heal.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brannidus.4175

Brannidus.4175

Haha. I guess you could say this thread got…

puts on sunglasses

necro-bumped.
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

But seriously, I love consume conditions. When I am on other toons, I always forget that the heal button doesn’t also eat my conditions. It is pretty fine as it is (But I certainly wouldn’t mind a cooldown reduction for completely biased reasons).

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Haha. I guess you could say this thread got…

puts on sunglasses

necro-bumped.
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

But seriously, I love consume conditions. When I am on other toons, I always forget that the heal button doesn’t also eat my conditions. It is pretty fine as it is (But I certainly wouldn’t mind a cooldown reduction for completely biased reasons).

This thread got necroed.

When I made it, I was a level 30 necromancer, but now i’m 80.