"Consume Conditions" a Corruption Skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

All the other heals have a 20% Cool-down Reduction, Consume Conditions seems kind of spectral to me, you could even add a “Spectral Walk” for 4 seconds to it.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

Would be too strong, it’s already one of the best heal skills in the game. Giving it 20sec would just be…Stupid.

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Not really, and it kind of makes sense as a spectral skill…

20 Second CD would be fine, necromancers do not have as many damage things as other classes, or dodge things.

in Necromancer

Aga.8641

No, you’re just being bias. I’m a necro main, have played it since the first beta, it would be far too strong…

in Necromancer

Posted by: sausageninja.6592

sausageninja.6592

u forgot filling completely ur lf bar,doubles hp gain per condition,and maybe give u all boons?
/sarcasm off,its the strongest heal ingame,they should NOT touch it in any way shape or form

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Strongest heal in the game isn’t that, its probably thieves cloak-heal.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

I would argue Ranger has the strongest heal in the game.
Healing Spring is an AoE heal that removes conditions as well as grants Regeneration via AoE with only a 30 sec CD.

It does suck, however, that Consume Conditions does not fall under any category as to what type of spell it is. Meanwhile other professions have healing abilities that do. Elementalists have a glyph, Engineers have a turret and an elixir and Mesmer have a mantra.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

(edited by BobJoeXXI.2493)

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Every other necromancer healing spell is special and has a CD reduction.

in Necromancer

Aga.8641

The other heals are much weaker…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daiva.2394

Daiva.2394

Don’t be ridiculous, Consume Conditions does not need to be buffed.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

It isn’t ridiculous. It should be classed as a signet or a spectral skill simply as that. Every other healing skill is like that.

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

You would still have to get the traits for spectral skills, and thats non-staff stuff, it would work really well with Daggers/Axes/Every other weapon and give the necromancer more viable builds.

in Necromancer

Aga.8641

Do other classes get the option to reduce all 3 of their heal skill cd’s? I think not.

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

This is the “NECROMANCER” class we are talking about, they arn’t X Warrior Class, they are Necromancers.

They do little damage, and make up for it by sustaining life, this goes well with that fact, and Spectral needs more skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mucco.1867

mucco.1867

Dunno about spectrals, but Consume Conditions is super strong already.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Well no, what would make it super strong is if it were a stun break.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KTKTKT.1853

KTKTKT.1853

Well no, what would make it super strong is if it were a stun break.

no it would be super strong if it was a spectral skill because u could take 20% off its cd in your traits stack healing power and get 1k extra healing per condition and become unkillable that would be op so plz dont make it a spectral skill

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Don’t see how you would become unkillable.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Daecollo.9578 – ignore the dude, whines and actually said a few times that necros are balanced even with all the bugs and that plague form is useless.

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Well, the aoe heal is wells and heals as much but doesn’t cure conditions, but effects everyone around us, great for staff and well users.

Minion heal is a pet that heals necro and can explode with a trait when it dies to do an aoe poison.

Consume Conditions apparently is nothing, but to me it feels “spectral” and almost lichy, making it spectral would bring more interesting concepts to builds and make melee necromancers more viable, A MINION/Wells Necromancer would have to sacrifice a little to much to make it work, but a melee necromancer would not.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Daecollo.9578 – Well of Blood purges conditions with whirl (one large aoe cleanse) and projectile finishers (one pre projectile). On the defensive WoB is stronger in every aspect if there is someone to use a whirl finisher upon poison, only on the offensive (what is stupid to do unless you go in as a support or to be the defender/bunker the cap).

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Well, I’ve not played necromancer much, I actually love the class and i’m trying to offer ideas for it that arn’t overpowered, working on all the skills adding some little flavors to them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Consume Conditions is probably one of the best necromancer skills already, right up there with epidemic.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Yes it is, but it could use its own theme for it, Spectral would fit it like a glove.

in Necromancer

kKagari.6804

There’s nothing spectral about consuming your conditions, imo. If anything its like a reverse-corruption or somethi.ng

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Spectre:
1. a ghost; phantom; apparition
2. a mental image of something unpleasant or menacing: the spectre of redundancy

I don’t think a normal necromancer could just eat his own conditions and gain health, but one who learns spectral magic could.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zedekiel.3021

Zedekiel.3021

You know, im fine with it being classified as a spectre skill, as long as;
It’s cooltime is bumped up to 30 naturally
Each condition only heals you for half of what it does now
Cast time is increased to 1.5seconds

You have yet to provide a valid reason why one of our better, if not best heal should be improved even more. If anything, well of bloods heal per tick should be buffed, not this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karther.7481

Karther.7481

Spectre:
1. a ghost; phantom; apparition
2. a mental image of something unpleasant or menacing: the spectre of redundancy

I don’t think a normal necromancer could just eat his own conditions and gain health, but one who learns spectral magic could.

That is one of the most roleplay thing I’ve read in a while. Unfortunately, game mechanics take priority over roleplay.

There are already plenty of Spectral skills and Consume Conditions is great as it is.

Rhelex – 80 Asura Necromancer
Time To Leave [GTFO] – a WvW Guild
Piken Square server

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

You all said it was a bit overpowered, so how about adding a little bit of time to it, say bumping it up from 25 to 28 seconds, this leave it to be a 22 second cooldown if you add down with the trait, 3 seconds off from it.

This ensures the play-style of a non-specter is not changed too much, Necromancers honestly don’t need a nerf, they need buffs.

Honestly, the reason I have offered the idea is because it gives the traits more value and syncs into what necromancers do best, heal and survive, the traits reflect that, and to have a -20% trait (one of the more valuable necromancer traits.) only effect 3 abilities while most other ones effect 5 abilities, it does not seem fair, this offers more balance among the necromancers base traits, they should not sacrifice so much without vain.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Necromancer

kKagari.6804

Wtf is a normal necromancer???

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Why would a 20 cooldown heal that clears conditions if both eles, guardians and thiefs have the same thing with a different flavour… Guess just butthurt idiot ramble that like to whine~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

I like how everyone immidiatly starts suggesting its op with that change and it’d have to be nerfed. Keep in mind you would have to shove trait points into buffing spectral skills for this to benefit in the first place over other things. And its really not that much off the cd. Well is aeheal/protection with traits…lets nerf it because people could trait to lower its cd and get protection from it!

End point its only better if you sacrifice traits towards things to buff it. little over reaction to this idea imo i dont see it as a game breaker at all either way.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

It doesn’t make sence as a spectral skill what so ever. If anything it would be under corruption or blood magic, the heal is fine as is.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

(edited by Edenwolf.6328)

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

I just thought it was a cool idea, I got negative and positive responces from it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: UncannierYames.6598

UncannierYames.6598

You all said it was a bit overpowered, so how about adding a little bit of time to it, say bumping it up from 25 to 28 seconds, this leave it to be a 22 second cooldown if you add down with the trait, 3 seconds off from it.

This ensures the play-style of a non-specter is not changed too much, Necromancers honestly don’t need a nerf, they need buffs.

Honestly, the reason I have offered the idea is because it gives the traits more value and syncs into what necromancers do best, heal and survive, the traits reflect that, and to have a -20% trait (one of the more valuable necromancer traits.) only effect 3 abilities while most other ones effect 5 abilities, it does not seem fair, this offers more balance among the necromancers base traits, they should not sacrifice so much without vain.

since when are there only 3 spectral abilities there is 4 grasp,armor,wall,walk also spectral abilities already also get a trait that buffs them again so making it spectral would not only give it a buff in cool down but also effect and gain lifeforce on use there is the problem i think. Also most traits that effect abilities effect 4. each type of utility spell there is such as signets corruptions minions wells spectral there is 4 except well has 5(due to a heal) and minion has 6 (due to an elite and a heal)

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

I’m saying you can only USE 3 of them, since there isn’t an elite or a healing spectral spell, like there is minions and wells.

in Necromancer

UncannierYames.6598

but then how do most effect 5? considering there is only one that can possibly do that and its the minion one.

also the other trait effecting spectral skills would still be problematic with having it effect a heal skill since it grants life force on use which is in a sense giving you even more health back

(edited by UncannierYames.6598)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

Wtf is a normal necromancer???

One with broken traits, skills, pets, ect, ect =)

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Minions Effect 5, Wells effect 4, Specter Effect 3.

in Necromancer

UncannierYames.6598

judging like that signets is 3 corruptions is 3 so in fact it sounds like we need to bring down the minions and the wells since 3 is the most common number that traits can effect at one time .(joking of course) consume condtion is a great skill i dont understand why we need to give it a subtype. I only play a necro and i can honestly say i have problems with alot of our skills and abilities but consume condtions is sitting pretty good as is. also i still say a heal with lifefoce on use on a 25 sec cooldown without the -20% is a little much there would be almost no reason to use any other heal

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

UncannierYames.6598 – so a lower cd toughness giving life leeching pet (if they would work) or a pretty big aoe that gives protection and heals for about 2.3x the amount Consume ususally does by just going cleric gem and 20 in blood isnt worth it? HOW?

in Necromancer

Posted by: JohnCrow.7482

JohnCrow.7482

Well – i think it’s fine the way it is – but I have to argue the other point just for arguements sake…I think the move is more of a corruption move…kind of like a snake handler that builds up a tolerence to snake venom by consuming a little bit of the venom. You’re consuming the corruption…most of the very corruption that you spew out….spectral is a stretch…

Frequent devil’s advocate.

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

I still think this should be a spectral skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

And i think staff is robins signature weapon… we should be renamed to batmans worst sidekick. Makes perfect sense imo.
How is consuming negative effects makes you think spectral?… Did they change what dictionary says or something? I understand the whole semantics and likes but how in gods name does that even make any sense? If anything its either a corruption or blood skill. Corruption because it deals with conditions as every last corruption skill. Blood because half the skills deal with turning negative effects into positive or vise versa… or healing with a side dish of protection.
So again… in what universe does a healing skill that removes condition make sense as spectral skill? Which for the most part deal with generating life force and protection in few different forms but protection non the less.

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

Oh and I almost forgot… it has no synergy with any sane build other then a collection of spectral utilities, hate to break it to you bud but we are the only class that relies on utilities to do actual damage. Our utilities is what gives us any kind of fighting chance not weapons… Didn’t think about that too… did you? If you want utility skills to be utility skills… play another class. This isn’t the one. Here its reverse of every other class. Utilities are main abilities and your weapons are like side dishes. Even scepter on condition necro is only there for bleed on auto attack main use is in epidemic/plague signet/BoP(now crap imo)/CB.
Ive seen this topic here for a while now… and honestly im surprised this hasn’t died and fallen through the floor on the first post.

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

HiSaZuL.2843
1) We aint that whiny, he is still worse, also thats a bo staff, not a caster staff.
2) Making it spectral would make sense from a mechanical standpoint because all of the spectral skills actually are there for personal utility, while corruptions are negatives to both you and enemy, only that you can eat/transfer/clear em.

in Necromancer

HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843
1) We aint that whiny, he is still worse, also thats a bo staff, not a caster staff.
2) Making it spectral would make sense from a mechanical standpoint because all of the spectral skills actually are there for personal utility, while corruptions are negatives to both you and enemy, only that you can eat/transfer/clear em.

Corruption skills deal with conditions. So do wells. While spectral skills don’t transfer/remove any conditions. So I fail to see your point. With that logic all signets should be spectral… and all heals… and minions… none of them harm you so must be personal utility…

in Necromancer

Daecollo.9578

Signets are Signets.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Being a necro nerd, I disagree with such a change to Consume Conditions as it’s fine as it is. I already only bother with Consume Conditions as it is, if it gets any better than that, you may as well just throw the other necro heals out of the window.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

In an ideal world Lich Form would be a Spectral skill, Plague and Consume Conditions would be Corruptions, and the Necromancer would be a balanced, bug-free class.
Sadly, though…