Off-meta sPvP Build Collection

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Hybrid Terrorsword (Hybrid)

UPDATED (12.2.16)

Playstyle: Use GS5 to pull enemies into Spectral Wall and use GS2/RS4 on Spectral Wall for confounding bolts. RS2 from Spectral Wall to gain Chaos Armor (random boons/ cause random condi).

Anti-paladin (Power Shoutmancer)

UPDATED (10.13.16)

Playstyle: Front-line disrupter/skirmisher. Pretty much boon-strip version of the GS shoutmancer build. Good at reinforcing XvX fights. Using “Nothing can save you!” followed by the rest of your boon strips vs boon-reliant builds is pretty fun.

Wellmender (Wellmancer / Support)

UPDATED (10.13.16)

Playstyle: Back-line offensive+defensive support. Takes a while to get used to but you should usually arrive a little late to teamfights and start dishing out ambient damage while keeping a lookout for downed allies.

Blood Paladin (Wellmancer) See image below

UPDATED (9.17.16)

Playstyle: This is an anti-block + support build. Drop wells followed by “Nothing can save you!” + RS4 is pretty devastating against block-reliant builds.

Attachments:

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Honestly i think spite is far better then deathmagic for any power build (atleast in spvp). Also i am not sure about knights amulet. Paladin should give you better defense (vitality mixed with toughness gives higher ehp then maxing toughness does) while having similar if not better offensive power. If you want to take a high toughness amulet take cavaliers amulet and get the crit chance from decimate defense (you build already has alot of way to generate vulnerability so it should be fine) and death perception. Well lf generation could be a problem.

And how exactly is that build mobile? it has only shroud 2 as mobility skill and 25% movement speed increase. Mobile necro builds would have fleshworm and spectral walk in it.

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

Honestly i think spite is far better then deathmagic for any power build (atleast in spvp). Also i am not sure about knights amulet. Paladin should give you better defense (vitality mixed with toughness gives higher ehp then maxing toughness does) while having similar if not better offensive power. If you want to take a high toughness amulet take cavaliers amulet and get the crit chance from decimate defense (you build already has alot of way to generate vulnerability so it should be fine) and death perception. Well lf generation could be a problem.

And how exactly is that build mobile? it has only shroud 2 as mobility skill and 25% movement speed increase. Mobile necro builds would have fleshworm and spectral walk in it.

Ah good points sir. Good points.

Originally i went with spite and paladins but with the state of the game as it is now, surviving past the first 20 second mark is key. With all the blocks/invuln that 20 seconds you won’t be doing that much damage anyway. With corrupters fervor I’m guarantee’d that 20% damage reduction so its not as if surviving is a huge deal. After most cooldowns are blown you’re practically already relying on shroud with paladins/spite.

Probably get more damage out of spite for sure but its the ambient conditions that won’t really let you dps for long. IDK, maybe I’ll try it again but for some reason I feel survivability over burst has been more successful lately.

As for the mobility, 25% movespeed and RS2 is really all you need imo lol. Maybe its the way i manage my lf. Still, if I had wurm and/or spectral walk i’d have said “great mobility”. But maybe “ok mobility” is wat i should have said

I do like the sound of your cavalier/ decimate defense suggestion though.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

DM is meh also I dont see really enough LF% gain-skills or trait to sustain Reapers Onslaught in your build. No Spectral skill, not the YsIM no staff. Maybe u can make it work tho think Spite is better, DM still imho only used for MM builds-

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

I do like the sound of your cavalier/ decimate defense suggestion though.

Well i liked it as well so i tried to make it work but my success wasnt that big. In the end had better results with other builds. But i think if deathmagic would get some needed buffs (like a soul comprehension rework) it could be interesting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

If you want to play power in the current meta you won’t get much mileage out of reaper tbh.

You’re still better of with something old school like this.

(edited by Aktium.9506)

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

If you want to play power in the current meta you won’t get much mileage out of reaper tbh.

You’re still better of with something old school like this.

I completely diagree. Blighters boon, augury of death, decimating strikes, chilling victory, and Relentless pursuit are all very useful and needed on the power necro. Reduced movement impairment by 33% and 66% in shroud is HUGE.

This is personally the build im using, it’s similar to OP’s, but i swap out condi clear, for more sustain. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnMbCdbilbCubC0biFcBDaAEAaBUph2wzKuK2FDjA-TxhBABLqEMp9Hk4KAknuAAeEAVq+zVK/IFgg6sA-e

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relwin.7569

Relwin.7569

I’m going with this build in PVE:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnMbClbiV2AebC0bilcBDKA0AWBxTxu4XkqMsGeWA-TBSBABXpMDgnAAWKNo4SAgnuAKV/hm9HMTJIA-e

For dungeons/fractals I change locust for other skill, depending what’s needed. Sometimes I use golem for elite skill. It’s might generator, it’s easy to upkeep full stacks when in shroud that can last nearly forever. Gaining might has also role of self-heal and LF generating. Dhuumfire boosts damage even being full zerk (thanks to might stacks).

Major con in raids for this build is it’s main mechanic – might. It’s going to waste, because there’re always some PS warrs that can upkeep max. might stacks. In conclusion, this build isn’t created for raiding, rather for solo/dungeon/fractal content.

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

I completely diagree. Blighters boon, augury of death, decimating strikes, chilling victory, and Relentless pursuit are all very useful and needed on the power necro.

Not in conquest they ain’t.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

I completely diagree. Blighters boon, augury of death, decimating strikes, chilling victory, and Relentless pursuit are all very useful and needed on the power necro.

I didn’t know we were only talking about one game mode in pvp. Because we aren’t.

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

I didn’t know we were only talking about one game mode in pvp. Because we aren’t.

Well, the OP only mentioned conquest.
It was only one other guy who mentioned PvE.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Well, the OP only mentioned conquest.
It was only one other guy who mentioned PvE.

The OP said that it shouldn’t be used in conquest specifically. But that wasn’t the only thing he was talking about.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I hate how whenever there’s a new build thread there’s always the “spite is far better” response. kitten people, use something else. I prefer curses or death magic over spite any day in pvp/wvw.

Build looks great, I’d like to make some suggestions concerning it’s use in pvp/wvw.

I would take Speed of shadows over Unyielding Blast if your set on using greatsword and axe. You get enough vulnerability application from your weapon sets not to mention every class hands it out like candy nowadays. Speed of shadows will allow you to jump back into Reaper Shroud faster, worst thing ever is being stuck out of shroud, any smart player will wait for your shroud to go down in order to burst you down. The quicker you can get into shroud the better, especially playing on points. Also means you can pulse shroud much more, resulting in more condi cleanse and protection application.

I would suggest taking Blighter’s Boon over Reaper’s onslaught. The added DPS from onslaught is nice but it’s better to be able to stay up longer. You have a lot of chill application in your weapon sets and other skills. With Chilling victory you’ll be able to generate more life force and then health while in shroud. Shroud 2 and 4 can proc this multiple times within a single cool down resulting in some nice healing.

Lastly i would suggest Foot in the Grave over Death perception in a pvp environment. There’s so much daze and stun spam in the game now and this’ll help you negate a lot of it. Combined with Speed of shadows, Shrouded removal and the Beyond the Veil minor trait you’ll have a stun removal, a condition removal, a protection application ( when leaving shroud) and a stability application all on a six second cool down.

These will make you even more tankier, letting you stay in combat longer and dealing out more damage.

I would use Sigil of purity and Fried Golden Dumplings in WvW. Means you’ll be able to cure two conditions when entering shroud and will give you more might generation.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

I hate how whenever there’s a new build thread there’s always the “spite is far better” response. kitten people, use something else. I prefer curses or death magic over spite any day in pvp/wvw.

Build looks great, I’d like to make some suggestions concerning it’s use in pvp/wvw.

I would take Speed of shadows over Unyielding Blast if your set on using greatsword and axe. You get enough vulnerability application from your weapon sets not to mention every class hands it out like candy nowadays. Speed of shadows will allow you to jump back into Reaper Shroud faster, worst thing ever is being stuck out of shroud, any smart player will wait for your shroud to go down in order to burst you down. The quicker you can get into shroud the better, especially playing on points. Also means you can pulse shroud much more, resulting in more condi cleanse and protection application.

I would suggest taking Blighter’s Boon over Reaper’s onslaught. The added DPS from onslaught is nice but it’s better to be able to stay up longer. You have a lot of chill application in your weapon sets and other skills. With Chilling victory you’ll be able to generate more life force and then health while in shroud. Shroud 2 and 4 can proc this multiple times within a single cool down resulting in some nice healing.

Lastly i would suggest Foot in the Grave over Death perception in a pvp environment. There’s so much daze and stun spam in the game now and this’ll help you negate a lot of it. Combined with Speed of shadows, Shrouded removal and the Beyond the Veil minor trait you’ll have a stun removal, a condition removal, a protection application ( when leaving shroud) and a stability application all on a six second cool down.

These will make you even more tankier, letting you stay in combat longer and dealing out more damage.

I would use Sigil of purity and Fried Golden Dumplings in WvW. Means you’ll be able to cure two conditions when entering shroud and will give you more might generation.

To even suggest Blighters boon without spite. I don’t even. Spite is like the bread and butter of Blighters Boon. Do you even know why people take spite? For the sustain. And trying to act like might isn’t important in killing another player? Spinal shivers is HUGE in this boon heavy meta. How could you NOT take it?

You are suggesting Curses….on a power build. The only traits even remotely usable are Furious Demise, and Plague sending, and everthing else is for condi. The Blood magic traits are almost useless if you are not in a group, or running minions.

The reason why people say ‘spite is better’ is because it IS better. If you wanna be a special snowflake and use half useless specs, then go ahead. But don’t sit here and give advice that those specs are somehow equal to spite on a power build. They are not.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

To even suggest Blighters boon without spite. I don’t even. Spite is like the bread and butter of Blighters Boon. Do you even know why people take spite? For the sustain. And trying to act like might isn’t important in killing another player? Spinal shivers is HUGE in this boon heavy meta. How could you NOT take it?

You are suggesting Curses….on a power build. The only traits even remotely usable are Furious Demise, and Plague sending, and everthing else is for condi. The Blood magic traits are almost useless if you are not in a group, or running minions.

The reason why people say ‘spite is better’ is because it IS better. If you wanna be a special snowflake and use half useless specs, then go ahead. But don’t sit here and give advice that those specs are somehow equal to spite on a power build. They are not.

Blighter’s Boon is completely usable without spite, the might generation from Reaper traits, food and even sigils are sufficient.

Curses is great for power builds, free plague signet to transfer conditions in the form of Plague Sending, added crit in shroud from Furious Demise, boon stripping from Path of Corruption ( much more boon stripping than Chill of Death during a fight, 2 every 5 seconds, boons heavy metas amiright?), Target the Weak adds 2% crit chance per condition on the target and changes 13% precision into condition damage ( adds small amount of damage to conditions improving damage over time) and Weakening Shroud. Weakening shroud not only applies weakness when going into Shroud, and weakness when landing a critical hit, but it also removes a boon from an enemy. So please, tell me again why curses is bad for a power build, the only thing not power oriented is the adept minor Barbed Precision but the last time i checked added damage was added damage. Having 3/3 Major traits and 2/3 Minor Traits is not making it usable?

You say might is important to killing another player, i agree but as we’ve both stated might is a boon and boons can be removed. People who like to play toughness heavier builds taking Deadly Strength get that added bonus of from might PASSIVELY, it cannot be taken away. Death magic also helps with sustain, 150 hp base per second while in shroud in addition to a condition removed every 3 seconds. Added toughness while in shroud and protection after exiting shroud, when most bursts occur also adds to the sustain.

So if you want to be a cookie cutter meta battle copy pasta then by all means go ahead but don’t sit here and give advice on alternate builds saying that they are somehow not equal to taking spite. They are. You just need to experiment more.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

Blighter’s Boon is completely usable without spite, the might generation from Reaper traits, food and even sigils are sufficient.

Curses is great for power builds, free plague signet to transfer conditions in the form of Plague Sending, added crit in shroud from Furious Demise, boon stripping from Path of Corruption ( much more boon stripping than Chill of Death during a fight, 2 every 5 seconds, boons heavy metas amiright?), Target the Weak adds 2% crit chance per condition on the target and changes 13% precision into condition damage ( adds small amount of damage to conditions improving damage over time) and Weakening Shroud. Weakening shroud not only applies weakness when going into Shroud, and weakness when landing a critical hit, but it also removes a boon from an enemy. So please, tell me again why curses is bad for a power build, the only thing not power oriented is the adept minor Barbed Precision but the last time i checked added damage was added damage. Having 3/3 Major traits and 2/3 Minor Traits is not making it usable?

You say might is important to killing another player, i agree but as we’ve both stated might is a boon and boons can be removed. People who like to play toughness heavier builds taking Deadly Strength get that added bonus of from might PASSIVELY, it cannot be taken away. Death magic also helps with sustain, 150 hp base per second while in shroud in addition to a condition removed every 3 seconds. Added toughness while in shroud and protection after exiting shroud, when most bursts occur also adds to the sustain.

So if you want to be a cookie cutter meta battle copy pasta then by all means go ahead but don’t sit here and give advice on alternate builds saying that they are somehow not equal to taking spite. They are. You just need to experiment more.

Well ofc is blighters boon useable in non spite builds but you shouldnt underestemate how much spite+blighters boon adds in sustain. It is definitly on the same level you could get out of deathmagic or curses if not higher.

And offensive wise i dont think anyone can deny that spite is better then deathmagic and curses in power builds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Losing Reaper’s Might and Siphoned Power kills a lot of Blighter’s Boon’s sustain effect.

(much more boon stripping than Chill of Death during a fight, 2 every 5 seconds, boons heavy metas amiright?)

Boons are converted at the end of the animation, which is a huge issue in real life. Very very unreliable. Same with Weakenig Shroud and its Weakness application.

Well I ‘ve made it to Diamond two times solo Q’ing Power Reaper, so I wouldn’t say I am a metabattle follower, but I ’ve compared Spite and Curses in hundreds of hours against competent opponents and Spite is definitly superior in a power based build.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Pure offensive power is great for PvE, when it comes to the competitive games modes ( Spvp and WVW) it’s not all that matters. You will do more damage with spite because that’s all it solely focuses on. This does not mean Curses and Death Magic are useless. The longer you are able to stay in a fight, the longer you can deal damage and hold onto objectives. Having the mix of offensive and defensive skills from Curses or Death Magic helps you stay alive longer, dealing more damage and adding more to your team.
If you want to play as a marauder necro with spite that’s fine but it doesn’t mean it’s the only option. I hear Necros complain all the time there’s only ever one or two viable builds when it’s completely not true.

Path of corruption and Weakening shroud will always convert more enemy boons into conditions than Chill of Death ever will. Your argument that the skills activate at the end of the animations is reaching, yes they can be avoided but so can any other skill. If an enemy wishes to waste a dodge on either of those skills then they can just be reapplied a few seconds later. I will take consistent boon corruption over one that is less so especially when classes can just cleanse and reapply those boons almost instantly.

I think it’s great that you’ve made it to Diamond but it doesn’t elevate you to any higher degree than anyone else in the forum. Go to the Spvp forum and see the countless thread stating Spvp is not skill oriented but grind oriented. Not to belittle you reaching that division but if i wanted to i could go afk on home base, moving one inch every 30 seconds and still get near highest points per game and get to Legendary rank before the end of the season. It’s all about the time you put into it.

There is more to Necro than Spite. Soul Reaping and Reaper on the other hand, in my opinion, are necessary. But of course arguments can be made against that and i will be open to hear them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

The problem with using Curses in a Power Build instead of Spite is that you’re taking it mainly for Path of Corruption and Weakening Shroud… Great. Except now every single one of your trait points is only active when you’re in reaper form.

At least spite will give you some increased damage/boon corrupting options for the other (majority of) the time that you’re not in shroud.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

The problem with using Curses in a Power Build instead of Spite is that you’re taking it mainly for Path of Corruption and Weakening Shroud… Great. Except now every single one of your trait points is only active when you’re in reaper form.

At least spite will give you some increased damage/boon corrupting options for the other (majority of) the time that you’re not in shroud.

Partly true. You can apply weakness on critical hits with Weakening Shroud whether you’re in shroud or not, Target the weak will give you 2% critical chance per condition on the target not matter if you’re in shroud or not and Plague sending will trigger whenever it really wants to. Barbed precision, though you wont be doing any real damage with it, adds to the condition spam on the target, hopefully being cleansed instead of a more important condition on the enemy.

The fact that some of the traits can only be used in Shroud isn’t a reason to discredit the Curses line. You’ll be wanting to jump into Shroud as much as possible anyways, especially Reaper Shroud using the abilities on cool down.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Reaper + Spite + Str Runes + Blighters Boon is a match made in heaven and sure other things work aswell for a Power Reaper build but in the end none has the Sync as that.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Anyone willing to share a WvW build for a power Reaper? I’m looking for something that could potentially roam, although I understand that escape is not available if I get swarmed by a large number of people.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Which is true, but you yourself even state boon corruption is a thing, and so is boon removal. You miss out on HUGE amounts of sustain by not using spite, not only that, you lose out on other more useful foods that could affer you different stats. Why use might sigils and food when reaper alone can produce all the might you need? You are effectively wasting more chances at efficiency.

Curses is great for power builds, free plague signet to transfer conditions in the form of Plague Sending, added crit in shroud from Furious Demise,

I’ll stop you right there. Reaper, i repeat, reaper, does not need the added crit chance, unless you are dumb enough not to take death perception in the first place! That’s the whole point of taking it. Death perception makes furious demise USELESS.

boon stripping from Path of Corruption ( much more boon stripping than Chill of Death during a fight,

You mean our only gap closer in shroud? Or our only escape during a chase? We are talking POWER reaper here. If you waste your shroud 2 skill during a fight, and the enemy kites you, you are boned. So not only are you taking a suboptimal boon strip, you are advising others to use a playstyle which may get them killed.

Sure it’s more boon strip if you spam it when its off cooldown, but what good reaper would do such a thing when using it too often will allow you to be kited?

2 every 5 seconds, boons heavy metas amiright?), Target the Weak adds 2% crit chance per condition on the target and changes 13% precision into condition damage ( adds small amount of damage to conditions improving damage over time) and Weakening Shroud. .

Decimating strikes, Depth perception, and natural crit chance from gear. Target the weak is USELESS and just bad compared to those traits. And 13% of precision? You mean the only stat power necro’s can get away with having ZERO of and still have 100% crit? Real smart. The fact you are suggesting this on a power NECRO shows you have no idea what stats we use or lack. Zero crit chance=zero condi damage=useless trait. Next.

Weakening shroud, while it may sound good, the radius is only 240. Who in their right mind is going to stand near you for that? And necro has not leap/gap closer outside of shroud, meaning you enter shroud normally before you are in melee range, essentially making this trait useless again. The only somewhat decent use is the weakness and boonstrip. for which spinal shivers is more potent, especially compared to this, considering how shroud is used, and the cool down on shroud (which you forgot to factor). So here again you are advising a playstyle which may get people kill due to bad usage of skills.

Weakening shroud not only applies weakness when going into Shroud, and weakness when landing a critical hit, but it also removes a boon from an enemy. So please, tell me again why curses is bad for a power build, the only thing not power oriented is the adept minor

I think we have two different idea’s of what power oriented means. But yes, traits that give you condi, and condi damage are apparently power oriented. I hope to Grenth you are kidding. Lets not forget unholy feast, and signets of suffering which remove more boons, more constantly, and one of which procs blighters boon, turning signets into a heal.

Barbed Precision but the last time i checked added damage was added damage. Having 3/3 Major traits and 2/3 Minor Traits is not making it usable?

So now added damage makes it viable? Then soul reaping and spite are way better because they add WAY more damage, and are WAY more consistent for the BUILD we talking about. Which is a POWER reaper, not a HYBRID or CONDI reaper.

And you say 3/3 and 2/3, but i still disagree. Those traits are GARBAGE compared to what spite offers. But i like how you assert they are good, when everyone pretty much agree’s they are not. Then you had the gall to call them power oriented.

You say might is important to killing another player, i agree but as we’ve both stated might is a boon and boons can be removed.

So therefore you play with LESS boons? And you take a trait which removes boons, when power reapers already have one that does that AND chills, AND does damage based on how many were taken. You can’t be serious mate.

People who like to play toughness heavier builds taking Deadly Strength get that added bonus of from might PASSIVELY, it cannot be taken away.

Which is in Death Magic, which i made no mention of, because it is the toughness based line. Stick to the subject. This doesn’t make a good argument for curses, or blood magic outside of groups.

Death magic also helps with sustain, 150 hp base per second while in shroud in addition to a condition removed every 3 seconds.

Death Magic is not curses or blood magic. Stick to the topic. I never said anything was wrong with death magic, to not take it. Also the sustain from blighters boon is better. try 165 hp per sec every time you apply might, then apply might 2-3 , 4-5 if the enemy is chilled, times a second.

Added toughness while in shroud and protection after exiting shroud, when most bursts occur also adds to the sustain.

Which is good, but again, I never said anything about DEATH MAGIC!

So if you want to be a cookie cutter meta battle copy pasta then by all means go ahead but don’t sit here and give advice on alternate builds saying that they are somehow not equal to taking spite. They are. You just need to experiment more

You are talking to a person that has blown so much gold on his necro it totals more than all the other characters on my account. You are talking about someone that spent 250-300g just to experiment with vipers, a build that i have never liked.

Those trait lines are not equal, or as useful as spite on a POWER reaper. This is indisputable. Everything you can get from those traits, spite/reaper does better, and more focused on only power.

Also the build I use isn’t on meta battle. The reason the meta battle one looks similar however, is because those traits are BETTER than curses for power reaper. If curses was anywhere near as good, they would use those, but they don’t, because they are borderline useless.

You don’t know me, or what build I’m using, so i would refrain from name dropping Metabattle, a site which I personally do not care for, nor use regularly. And somehow implying that my build is cookie cutter, or copied. My build comes from the thousands of hours I have spent playing my power necro, in every game mode.

Alternate does not mean good. Get over yourself.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Anyone willing to share a WvW build for a power Reaper? I’m looking for something that could potentially roam, although I understand that escape is not available if I get swarmed by a large number of people.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJARWnMbCdbilbCubC0biFcBD6qFAaBxZxuYYkKN0GeWA-TxhBABXp8rS1fWUJYS7PknuAAeEAScFAIFgg6sA-e

Here is the one i use in wvw. Has a lot of Life force sustain, and does good damage. If you take shouts, you can swap out chilling victory for augury of death, which is awesome when there are at least 4 targets.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

I’ll stop you right there. Reaper, i repeat, reaper, does not need the added crit chance, unless you are dumb enough not to take death perception in the first place! That’s the whole point of taking it. Death perception makes furious demise USELESS.

You it would be dumb to take a stun break and a stack of stability on either a 10 ro 7 second cool down? Especially in the current meta of stun chains? Hardly useless. You state in your arguments having both Chilling Victory and Decimate defenses which are both in the game trait line.

You mean our only gap closer in shroud? Or our only escape during a chase? We are talking POWER reaper here. If you waste your shroud 2 skill during a fight, and the enemy kites you, you are boned. So not only are you taking a suboptimal boon strip, you are advising others to use a playstyle which may get them killed.

Sure it’s more boon strip if you spam it when its off cooldown, but what good reaper would do such a thing when using it too often will allow you to be kited?

An ability on a 5 second cool down when traited? It’s a waste to use it as much as possible? You do realize that an ability that not only keep you on a target, can do a good amount of damage, blinds a target, is a leap finisher and could potentionally corrupt two boons in addition to the above is not a waste. If you’re hardly willing to use an ability with a 5 second cooldown, you must never use any of your high cool down skills. You seem to be under the delusion that Death’s Charge is our only ability to keep up with people. Have you forgotten about chill? cripple? casting flesh worm in front of you by the target? (yes, i know, it’s a radical concept but comepletely doable, give it a try).

Decimating strikes, Depth perception, and natural crit chance from gear. Target the weak is USELESS and just bad compared to those traits. And 13% of precision? You mean the only stat power necro’s can get away with having ZERO of and still have 100% crit? Real smart. The fact you are suggesting this on a power NECRO shows you have no idea what stats we use or lack. Zero crit chance=zero condi damage=useless trait. Next.

Which is it? Do we have natural crit chance from gear or do we have zero crit chance? If you run full valkyrie, cavalier or anyother gear with precision then yes, it would be useless. Would also mean that while you are out of reaper’s shroud you hit like a wet noodle not having any form of crit chance, relying on vuln to give you that said crit chance, a condition that can be cleansed by the way. If you take all the traits oriented for damage,in this case the precision ones, i hope you run atleast one or two defensive utilities. Yes you’ve increased your crit chance but you’ve missed out on A LOT of defensive abilities.

Weakening shroud, while it may sound good, the radius is only 240. Who in their right mind is going to stand near you for that? And necro has not leap/gap closer outside of shroud, meaning you enter shroud normally before you are in melee range, essentially making this trait useless again. The only somewhat decent use is the weakness and boonstrip. for which spinal shivers is more potent, especially compared to this, considering how shroud is used, and the cool down on shroud (which you forgot to factor). So here again you are advising a playstyle which may get people kill due to bad usage of skills.

I think we have two different idea’s of what power oriented means. But yes, traits that give you condi, and condi damage are apparently power oriented. I hope to Grenth you are kidding. Lets not forget unholy feast, and signets of suffering which remove more boons, more constantly, and one of which procs blighters boon, turning signets into a heal.

There are plently of abilities in the necro’s ability list that enable the necromancer to close in on a target. You seem to think that necromancers have no ranged skills. There are plenty of ranged skills that pull a target, chill or cripple a target, allowing a necromancer to catch a target. I don’t care what necromancer skills you choose or not choose to use, there are some classes that you’ll never be able to catch. You’re telling me that you’ve never been stunned or rooted by a class and then had burst applied to you? Do you not enter shroud to absorb the damage? From what you’ve said, it appears the only reason you use shroud is to spam one for might and use death’s charge as a gap closer. You know when some attacks us in shroud it depletes our life force instead of our health. Are you not using it to survive? Most players zone out when they’ve stunned someone and go into an ability rotation, they hardly think of moving or dodging out the way.

Would you like me to tell you what weakness does? It doesn’t seem like you know. Weakness lowers a target’s endurance regeneration by 50%. As an example, Daredevils rely heavily on dodges. You’ve greatly reduced their ability to use consecutive dodges. Weakness also makes 50% of the target’s attacks become glancing blows (damage of the attack is reduced by 50%). How is this in anyway not useful for a power build? You yourself have stated you use vulnerability to increase your crit chance. Vulnerability is a condition, weakness is a conditon, chill is a condition, immobilize is a condition, cripple is a condition. As a whole, Guild Wars 2 doesn’t allow power builds to have damage over time affects, that has been moved to condition builds unlike other games where damage is increased by either strenth or intellect. I would rather have a starting condition pool, increased by might to apply damage over time pressure to a target. The average player will see bleed stacks and will want to cleanse them off. Bleed stacks also cover you more usefull conditions like stated ( chill, immobilize, weakness etc). The amount of damage isn’t that grand but damage is not it’s only use.

So now added damage makes it viable? Then soul reaping and spite are way better because they add WAY more damage, and are WAY more consistent for the BUILD we talking about. Which is a POWER reaper, not a HYBRID or CONDI reaper.

And you say 3/3 and 2/3, but i still disagree. Those traits are GARBAGE compared to what spite offers. But i like how you assert they are good, when everyone pretty much agree’s they are not. Then you had the gall to call them power oriented.

Just because a trait doesn’t directly affect the raw damage of a skill, doen’t mean it’s useless. In a PvE environment where the damage charts are all that matters then i agree but in any form of player vs player environment, pure damage is not all you need. You need traits and abilities to counter those another player has. I hear all those people complain about how theres no place for necromancers, maybe if they focues on a balance of damage and countering your opponent and not just damage, maybe we’d see more necromancers and not the common place of necros in downed state.

So therefore you play with LESS boons? And you take a trait which removes boons, when power reapers already have one that does that AND chills, AND does damage based on how many were taken. You can’t be serious mate.

Once again you’re focusing on damage over everything else. Damage is important yes, but as I’ve stated I’d rather have the ability to counter my opponent on a regular basis, removing things like stability, protection,might stacks rather than a twice a minute trait that only activates if an enemy is below 50% hp.

Which is in Death Magic, which i made no mention of, because it is the toughness based line. Stick to the subject. This doesn’t make a good argument for curses, or blood magic outside of groups.

I’ve made the case for both Curses and Death Magic as an alternative to Spite. I’m not making the case to take both of them at once.

Death Magic is not curses or blood magic. Stick to the topic. I never said anything was wrong with death magic, to not take it. Also the sustain from blighters boon is better. try 165 hp per sec every time you apply might, then apply might 2-3 , 4-5 if the enemy is chilled, times a second.

I am sticking to the topic, as i stated above, i’ve made the case for both curses and death magic. Unholy sanctuary is usable with blighter’s boon by the way and it also acts as a cheat death mechanic.

Which is good, but again, I never said anything about DEATH MAGIC!

See above. You may not have said anything about death magic but stating spite is the only way brings all other trait lines into the conversation, you know that right? Also, look at the thread we’re in , you’ve responded to a thread where the original poster has a link to a build with death magic in it and talks about it, of course death magic discussion is on topic. Have some spacial awareness.

You are talking to a person that has blown so much gold on his necro it totals more than all the other characters on my account. You are talking about someone that spent 250-300g just to experiment with vipers, a build that i have never liked.

Those trait lines are not equal, or as useful as spite on a POWER reaper. This is indisputable. Everything you can get from those traits, spite/reaper does better, and more focused on only power.

Also the build I use isn’t on meta battle. The reason the meta battle one looks similar however, is because those traits are BETTER than curses for power reaper. If curses was anywhere near as good, they would use those, but they don’t, because they are borderline useless.

You don’t know me, or what build I’m using, so i would refrain from name dropping Metabattle, a site which I personally do not care for, nor use regularly. And somehow implying that my build is cookie cutter, or copied. My build comes from the thousands of hours I have spent playing my power necro, in every game mode.

Alternate does not mean good. Get over yourself.

I’ve spent thousands of gold on mine, thousands of hours too. I agree that in a pure damage evironment that spite is better but not when it comes to a player one. The ability to counter an opponent trumps pure damage out put.

Alternate does not mean bad either. You are obviously set in your ways and are unable to see alternatives. So by all means preach the benefits of spite but there are viable alternatives that you are obviously blind to.

There will always be better options for pure damage but on the other hand there are better options for survivability in a player vs player environment.

Side note: The build you just linked has no mobility in the form of movement speed or swiftness. This pretty much relegates it to a group/zerg build, i wouldn’t roam on this, you wont be able to keep up with anyone. You haven’t even taken Speed of shadows to stay on a target in Reaper’s Shroud….

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

You it would be dumb to take a stun break and a stack of stability on either a 10 ro 7 second cool down? Especially in the current meta of stun chains? Hardly useless. You state in your arguments having both Chilling Victory and Decimate defenses which are both in the game trait line.

There is no stun break in curses or death magic, the two trait lines I advised against. Are you even reading my words? Why would you take fury, which is a boon, which can be taken or corrupted, over 50 flat crit chance in shroud? Or 50 flat crit chance when the enemy has 25 vuln, the thing almost all classes pump out like water from Niagara falls.

Exactly. That’s the point. They are in a traitline which you will probably take anyway, therefore making curses useless. And any argument about crit chance you have will meet this same answer.

An ability on a 5 second cool down when traited? It’s a waste to use it as much as possible?

Your experience in pvp must be little. Would you use a gap closer on an enemy that is standing still? Why would you? As if other classes only have 1 way to get away from you. Why waste it when you can save it for when you actually need to gap close? So you don’t get cced and kited? Use your brain?

You do realize that an ability that not only keep you on a target, can do a good amount of damage, blinds a target, is a leap finisher and could potentionally corrupt two boons in addition to the above is not a waste.

I have plenty of blinds on my power reaper without it. I can corrupt boons with out it. I can do damage without it. The ONLY thing, i cant do with my weapon skills and no utilities, is gap close. You just argued against yourself. It’s to keep on your target, not the be wasted everytime its up because “hurr durr dps”. 5 seconds is more than enough time for someone to get far away from you. But if you actually played this game at any decent level, you would know that.

If you’re hardly willing to use an ability with a 5 second cooldown, you must never use any of your high cool down skills.

Gotta love those strawmen. You can always tell when someone has no argument when they resort to them.

I said WASTE, not USE. Again, 5 seconds is more than enough time to get kited and cced. Use the skill when you actually need it. Not just because it’s up. In pve this barely matters, but in another mode this will get you KILLED.

You seem to be under the delusion that Death’s Charge is our only ability to keep up with people. Have you forgotten about chill? cripple?

And you seem to be under the delusions that those things can’t be cleansed or removed. Apparently forgetting the bazillion traits people have for movement impairing CC’s, and some mobs even have resistance to them.

casting flesh worm in front of you by the target? (yes, i know, it’s a radical concept but comepletely doable, give it a try).

Why use flesh wurm when you can just use deaths charge when they get away from you? What are you smoking? Also flesh wurm has a long cast time. The person probably isn’t even near its location by then. Bad argument is bad.

Which is it? Do we have natural crit chance from gear or do we have zero crit chance?

Are you dyslexic? Or ESL? Because either you didn’t read what i said, or something in your brain kittened it up so bad you got something other than what i typed.

If you run full valkyrie, cavalier or anyother gear with precision then yes, it would be useless.

Which is what a lot of reapers are using…..
Because of our crit traits….
Which i said….
Several times….

Would also mean that while you are out of reaper’s shroud you hit like a wet noodle not having any form of crit chance, relying on vuln to give you that said crit chance, a condition that can be cleansed by the way.

It’s hilarious how you argue for something out of shroud when all the traits use suggested ONLY proc when you use shroud. TOP kittenING KEK.

That’s exactly why you take blighters boon and soul reaping, and staff (life force gain is hit). And with chilling victory, you can stay is shroud for massive amounts of time, and refill your bar in seconds. Meaning you almost always have at least 75%+shround uptime.

If you take all the traits oriented for damage,in this case the precision ones, i hope you run atleast one or two defensive utilities. Yes you’ve increased your crit chance but you’ve missed out on A LOT of defensive abilities.

Don’t argue for offensive abilities then try to argue for defense in the next line. Take death wagic if you want. But as i stated before, valkyrie gear IS defensive. Sustain in shroud and hp recovery when you apply might IS defensive. Being able to refill your shroud in seconds IS defensive. Taking 10% less damage from doe IS defensive. Having 15% more shroud which is effectively 7% hp, IS defensive. Signets of suffering IS defensive.

You are blind to anything that argue’s for something you consider to be ‘meta cookie cutter’, and it’s quite sad. You would come on this forum recommending kitten half useful specs for a build that is already considered trash by elitist.

There are plently of abilities in the necro’s ability list that enable the necromancer to close in on a target.

You gave examples of TWO, out of all of our skills. And you seem to think crowd control is gap closing. It’s not buttercup.

You seem to think that necromancers have no ranged skills.

So now you are a mind reader? Please go and show me where i said this. Hell I even posted a build that uses a ranged weapon for Grenth’s sake. I never said this or implied it. You are simply doing so because you think it’s going to help your argument. It’s not.

This wasn’t ever about melee vs ranged, this was about gap closing, and using them badly. Stick to the bloody topic.

There are plenty of ranged skills that pull a target, chill or cripple a target, allowing a necromancer to catch a target.

Necro has 1 ranged pull. 1 ranged immob, and a bunch of chill and cripple, which can be cleansed, and which are reduced, by cc resistance traits, that almost every class has.

I don’t care what necromancer skills you choose or not choose to use, there are some classes that you’ll never be able to catch.

Yea, it’s called learn to play the class and you will be able to catch some of those classes. Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, you have issues catching classes even when you say “There are plenty of ranged skills that pull a target, chill or cripple a target, allowing a necromancer to catch a target”, then say this after, because you improperly use your skills, therefore leading to you being unable to catch people more often?

Nah, that would be too much work. You can’t say necromancers have plenty to catch people, then proclaim they have issues never being able to catching some classes. It’s dishonest, and an outright contradiction.

You’re telling me that you’ve never been stunned or rooted by a class and then had burst applied to you?

Things I never said for 500 Alex.

Do you not enter shroud to absorb the damage?

Don’t you?

From what you’ve said, it appears the only reason you use shroud is to spam one for might and use death’s charge as a gap closer.

I guess you forget Shroud 5 stuns and chills, which reduces damage you take by 10% from chill enemies. Shroud 4 poisons and whirls, which applies poison, and might, all while regen’ing hp, and life force if you took chilling victory. You never asked me why I enter shroud. So i think it’s funny you try to assert here that the only reason I would use shroud is for might and a gap closer. As if you couldn’t be more wrong. Is this the limit of your intellectual ability? Sad straw men and generalizations. You use my argument for a strength of a trait line as an argument that that must be the only thing shroud is good for to me.

You know when some attacks us in shroud it depletes our life force instead of our health. Are you not using it to survive? Most players zone out when they’ve stunned someone and go into an ability rotation, they hardly think of moving or dodging out the way.

Since when has player incompetence ever been a good argument for anything? By that same logic you should never advised defensive traits because most players suck.

Would you like me to tell you what weakness does? It doesn’t seem like you know.

Oh, i know what it does but you seem keen on telling me anyway, as if YOU can educate me. I wonder do you do this to anyone that doesn’t agree that all traits are equal. Must be lonely.

Weakness lowers a target’s endurance regeneration by 50%. As an example, Daredevils rely heavily on dodges. You’ve greatly reduced their ability to use consecutive dodges.

Have you played a daredevil? No seriously. You seem to think endurance generation of a class with 3 dodges, trait lines that reduce the endurance required for dodge, and skills that can REFRESH ALL ENDURANCE INSTANTLY, is an issue. Also it’s not the theif’s endurance that kills necro’s. It’s their stuns and dps.

How is this only for a power build? It’s a bordeline useful thing, but weakness is available in other ways. Which means you don’t need that trait to get it. And you also seemed to forget the other parts of that trait, which only procs on crits (not a problem for power necro), and also only procs when you enter shroud, which has a radius of 240. Which is why it’s an issue. And lets not forget the bleeding damage on a build with no condi stats. Priceless.

You yourself have stated you use vulnerability to increase your crit chance. Vulnerability is a condition, weakness is a conditon, chill is a condition, immobilize is a condition, cripple is a condition.

Which all don’t do a single bit of damage. Which is why you don’t factor them in when you are talking about CONDITION DAMAGE, because they, as stated, DO NO DAMAGE.

As a whole, Guild Wars 2 doesn’t allow power builds to have damage over time affects, that has been moved to condition builds unlike other games where damage is increased by either strenth or intellect.

Don’t even know why this was included but ok.

I would rather have a starting condition pool, increased by might to apply damage over time pressure to a target.

You can get starting conditions without taking curses. And you won’t be getting stating conditions from a radius of 240. by that time you are probably already in shroud, which means your trait won’t proc. And increased by might, which comes from spite, which you are saying not to take. Double whammy. kittening priceless.

The average player will see bleed stacks and will want to cleanse them off. Bleed stacks also cover you more usefull conditions like stated ( chill, immobilize, weakness etc). The amount of damage isn’t that grand but damage is not it’s only use.

You stated the purpose is pressure, which is done by damage, which means that IS the use. -facedesk-

Just because a trait doesn’t directly affect the raw damage of a skill, doen’t mean it’s useless.

So you argue against trait’s that affect raw damage, to argue for a trait which you yourself state is the reason you use the trait? Brilliant.

Also, kitten i never said for 500 alex. I said there are BETTER traits to use. Do you not understand what that word means?

In a PvE environment where the damage charts are all that matters then i agree but in any form of player vs player environment, pure damage is not all you need.

Again, kitten i never said for 500 alex. Go back and show me where i said “damage is all that matterz”. Got anymore strawmen?

You need traits and abilities to counter those another player has.

LOL, this is ironic considering you NEVER ONCE factored those when you started going on about weakness, and using deaths charge every time it’s up.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

I hear all those people complain about how theres no place for necromancers, maybe if they focues on a balance of damage and countering your opponent and not just damage, maybe we’d see more necromancers and not the common place of necros in downed state.

I’m honestly starting to think you are one of those necro’s. And who has said common place necro’s in downstate? If anything it’s the opposite. People are crying for necro’s to be nerfed. Also there is no place for necro, when one build is viable beyond all others to the point where even that build is barely viable at the only thing it’s good for.

Once again you’re focusing on damage over everything else. Damage is important yes, but as I’ve stated I’d rather have the ability to counter my opponent on a regular basis, removing things like stability, protection,might stacks rather than a twice a minute trait that only activates if an enemy is below 50% hp.

So you instead take a trait which only activates when you enter shroud? Which is about the same cooldown? Top kek. Take spiteful Spirit, more targets, more range, and cripples. Ya know, since you like those. And the best part is you are not forced into a subpar spec.

I’ve made the case for both Curses and Death Magic as an alternative to Spite. I’m not making the case to take both of them at once.

Well then you should stop responding because you clearly don’t read. I said deathmagic is fine, and not replaceable in what it does. By issues was with the advising curses. If you can not respond to the argument i made, but instead choose to ramble on on something else, I see no use in responding to your drivel.

I am sticking to the topic, as i stated above, i’ve made the case for both curses and death magic. Unholy sanctuary is usable with blighter’s boon by the way and it also acts as a cheat death mechanic.

Then respond to the topic. You are responding to ME. Not anyone else. If you can’t stick to the topic I’m talking about when talking to me, it means you are just talking past me.And I never said it isn’t usable with blighters boon. I was stating you can get the same hp regen if not even better, with blighters boon. Please read what’s written and not what you want to read.

See above. You may not have said anything about death magic but stating spite is the only way brings all other trait lines into the conversation, you know that right?

I just reread those whole thread. LITERALLY NO ONE has stated “Spite is the only trait worth taking”, or something akin to “Spite is the only way”. What we have said is “SPite is better than curses (which is it)”, and what I have said is that it is better than blood magic in none group scenarios. You literally just admitted to arguing a point no one in this thread ever made, then proceed to ducks any criticism on CURSES, and instead bring up death magic, which is NOT the thing people are arguing against. You wanna talk about awareness? Stat with yourself first.

Also, look at the thread we’re in , you’ve responded to a thread where the original poster has a link to a build with death magic in it and talks about it, of course death magic discussion is on topic. Have some spacial awareness.

Yes, but I, ME, Moi, WATASHI WA, am not arguing over death magic. Are you stupid? You are literally ignoring what anyone says, and saying “well this is mentioned in the thread so I’m gonna talk about this”, when no one is even discussing that particular thing. If you wanna talk about death magic, go ahead, but it is pointless to respond to other people talking about it, when no one has even said anything about it. YOU are the only one that keeps trying to shoe horn it in, when I personally have said multiple times “I FIND NOTHING WRONG WITH, AND TAKE NO ISSUE WITH, DEATH MAGIC”.

I’ve spent thousands of gold on mine, thousands of hours too. I agree that in a pure damage evironment that spite is better but not when it comes to a player one. The ability to counter an opponent trumps pure damage out put.

This is an assertion, which will be dismissed like it came in, without evidence.

Alternate does not mean bad either.

In this case it truly does.

You are obviously set in your ways and are unable to see alternatives.

I see them, they are just bad. There are other traits to take that won’t give me half useless abilities.

So by all means preach the benefits of spite but there are viable alternatives that you are obviously blind to.

Everyone including me seems to disagree with you on curses. You have failed to give a single thing that is a MUST have, or can’t be gotten another way. Which means the trait line is just as useless as i started saying since our first interaction.
You can be a special snowflake all you like, but the rest of us live in reality.

There will always be better options for pure damage but on the other hand there are better options for survivability in a player vs player environment.

Remember that line. Then apply it to your own argument. Much irony indeed.

Side note: The build you just linked has no mobility in the form of movement speed or swiftness. This pretty much relegates it to a group/zerg build, i wouldn’t roam on this, you wont be able to keep up with anyone. You haven’t even taken Speed of shadows to stay on a target in Reaper’s Shroud….

The point isn’t the keep up with people, unlike some I don’t feel a need to chase down people just because they are at low hp. This build is to be a lock down machine with a lot of sustain, and aoe. And I find it hilarious you are arguing for curses which doesn’t do any of the things you just mention, while spite does. Then you argue for cripples, and chills, and pulls, and other CC, which this build has a lot of, and curses has literally ZERO of, and complain about mobility or swiftness. I thought deaths charge and flesh wurm were enough? There you go, contradicting yourself again.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

I could argue with you all day but it’s obvious having a conversation with you that you have no idea how to focus on more than one thing at a time nor do you have a any major concepts of how player vs player environments work, especially WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Your experience in pvp must be little. Would you use a gap closer on an enemy that is standing still? Why would you?

Well, as Sororita already told you, Deaths Charge is also a leap finisher, so in combo with Executioners Scythe you get Frost Aura which chills enemies and reduces the damage you take. To be honest i find it disturbing that somebody who is so overaggressive and gives the impression to be the super mega hero of all necromancers does not know that.

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

Well that escalated quickly…

I stand by the opinion that spite isn’t always better for a couple reasons.

1. It depends on the exact goal you want to accomplish with the build
2. It depends on the current meta and the state of the game.

Besides that, I have changed the build around a bit and will be updating it. Thanks for all the input and constructive criticism.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Your experience in pvp must be little. Would you use a gap closer on an enemy that is standing still? Why would you?

Well, as Sororita already told you, Deaths Charge is also a leap finisher, so in combo with Executioners Scythe you get Frost Aura which chills enemies and reduces the damage you take. To be honest i find it disturbing that somebody who is so overaggressive and gives the impression to be the super mega hero of all necromancers does not know that.

Firstly, i never stated “i dont know that”. You simply implied that.

What is it with you people and putting word’s in people’s mouths? If you had actually read what was written, we were arguing the procing of a particular trait, not whether or not Death’s Charge was a leap finisher. Next time you wanna crime in, at least make sure you know what’s going on.

Second, define over aggressive? So having a stance, and willing to argue your point’s is overaggressive? I suggest you get used to the internet, or just adult hood in general.

Third, super mega hero of all necromancers? Since when did I say that? Can you point it out for me? So stating that I love the class, spend a ton of time on it, and spend money on it because it’s my main means I’m saying my a super mega hero of the class? Hell, then almost everyone on the GW2 forums is saying that then.

It’s sad your best argument is telling me something I already know, all while saying that I mean something I have never actually said. Pathetic.

(edited by FrostDraco.8306)

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

I could argue with you all day but it’s obvious having a conversation with you that you have no idea how to focus on more than one thing at a time nor do you have a any major concepts of how player vs player environments work, especially WvW.

You can assert that if you like. Doesn’t make it true.

If you wanna talk focus, let’s talk you mentioning death magic every time I criticized Curses.

Hypocrisy is an ugly color.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Take a chill man, you’ll trigger yourself into a safe space or something…

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Take a chill man, you’ll trigger yourself into a safe space or something…

When all else fails, call someone an SJW. Top kek.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

@frostdraco

“There is no stun break in curses or death magic, the two trait lines I advised against. Are you even reading my words?”

does plague signet trait not count?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

@frostdraco

“There is no stun break in curses or death magic, the two trait lines I advised against. Are you even reading my words?”

Indeed it does.

I don’t think he’s able to talk about more than one trait line at a time though. It’s his traits or you obviously know nothing, talking about the synergy of two trait line’s traits ( for example: Shrouded Removal, Speed of shadow and Foot in the Grave) seems to just go over his head.

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

@frostdraco

But, but, in order for the traited plague signet to proc you have to deliver a critical strike… I guess conceivably this could happen if you got stunned while a scepter bolt was in the air already, but that’s not exactly a reliable stun break.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

@frostdraco

But, but, in order for the traited plague signet to proc you have to deliver a critical strike… I guess conceivably this could happen if you got stunned while a scepter bolt was in the air already, but that’s not exactly a reliable stun break.

Well a proc from locust swarm is more likely then a scepter bolt. Last time i checked scepter skills dont have travel time…

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

@frostdraco

Indeed it does.

I don’t think he’s able to talk about more than one trait line at a time though. It’s his traits or you obviously know nothing, talking about the synergy of two trait line’s traits ( for example: Shrouded Removal, Speed of shadow and Foot in the Grave) seems to just go over his head.

I was talking about curses specifically. That seems to go over YOUR head.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

That’s great, i was talking about both in all my posts, the ones you responded to.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

TheDevice.2751

Updated (15 characters)

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

That’s great, i was talking about both in all my posts, the ones you responded to.

>COnstantly complains about my criticism of one thing
>Deflect any criticism to something else entirely
>Constantly makes accusations about me
>Cries about persecution when i respond

Lol ok kid. The irony in this thread is so thick i can cut it with a steak knife.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

@frostdraco

Indeed it does.

if you were talking about curses than you were wrong. There is a stunbreak in curses.

in Necromancer

Muchacho.2390

@frostdraco

Indeed it does.

if you were talking about curses than you were wrong. There is a stunbreak in curses.

While plague sending theoretically is indeed a stunbreak, i dont think it is really useful as a stunbreak. Cmon a stunbreak that requires you to crit something, when you have 3 more more conditions on you is a near impossible task while cced (i say near impossible since it is possible to active it with locust swarm etc.).

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

@frostdraco

Indeed it does.

While plague sending theoretically is indeed a stunbreak, i dont think it is really useful as a stunbreak. Cmon a stunbreak that requires you to crit something, when you have 3 more more conditions on you is a near impossible task while cced (i say near impossible since it is possible to active it with locust swarm etc.).

i understand.

That wasn’t the point though.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

@frostdraco

Indeed it does.

i understand.

That wasn’t the point though.

I don’t consider a stun break by proxy a stunbreak. Unless it break stuns directly, I do not consider it a stun break. What you are refering to is a condi transfer.

in Necromancer

Sororita.3465

Spite doesn’t have a stun break.
Cruses has a " proxy" stun break via Plague Sending (Stars align and a ranged attack triggers it and breaks a stun that was placed during missile travel).
Death Magic doesn’t have a stun break.
Blood Magic doesn’t have a stun break.
Soul Reaping has two stun breaks via Last Gasp and Foot in the Grave.
Reaper doesn’t have a stun break.

Every necro should have at least Last Gasp.

Either focusing more on pure vitality on gear and supplementing the critical chance via traits increases your passive defense(HP pool) or you can balance your gearing and get Foot in the Grave to give yourself a more reactive play style.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Antigravity.4083

Antigravity.4083

Ok, as a dispassionate third party I can say you have fatal issues here Frost – petty insults and name calling, general unpleasantness and hostility. Kind of nullifies any competent point you may have made and also nice poisoning of the thread which fortunately was not enough to do it in, thank you other adults. Pitiful, possibly alter how you communicate with opposing parties in a social forum and that way earn supporters instead of mildly sickening random passers-by.

Good info though! This is the kind of thing I was hoping to find trying to figure out what to do with my little <30 hr necro. Here and in all PvP centric games I kind of feel engagement control and enemy command or intent interruptions are key and what’s been discussed here is inspiration… Nice to see there is support among advanced community members for something other than a power nuke or condi wasteland in the Necromancer realm. Its also nice to see that the moral mechanic in GW2 is intact, indicates to me a functional balance of forces.. pretty impressive considering the huge number of build options at our disposal.

“The Horde is unstoppable. Victory is at hand.” – Whitebane, Alterac, Circa 2007

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bierzgal.2341

Bierzgal.2341

Nice to see that not everyone has forsaken the idea of Power Necro. I had a few months break. Last time I was playing was when Necro was OP in seasons 1-2. Now when I came back… well, time was not very favorable to us.

I created a Necro when I got HoT having a Power Reaper in mind. Only to find out it’s… not great. Tho I still love the build more than any other and never stopped to try out some Power ideas from time to time. Normally I did play a Signet/Shout Hybrid like everyone else tho. I’m just going back to the game so need to get around the changes but I think I can still give some advice to your build OP.

First of all, If you have so many shouts, it seems wasteful not to use Soldier runes. Both to keep you condi-free and help your teammates. The runes you are using are, well, really bad. Also, after a lot of testing I remember than Chilling Victory and Blighter’s Boon is pretty much the absolute best thing about Power Reaper (tho I was using Strenght runes back then). It does require to change the amulet that is used but the benefits are absurdly good. I also think that Warhorn far better than the Focus. The Daze on 4 is great and LF generation and speed on 5 is something you might want if you don’t run the Locust signet.

Personally I would change this build to look like this: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kZToaTscTw2GgeTs8LYUPhvQwK+I+EniQJtAwHA-TpRGABIcQAA4IAMwDAAo9HK/CAwfZAA

I tried not to the meedle too much int your idea of the build, tho some changes might be worth trying out.

Cheers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Power reaper is an amazing duelist and don’t let people fool you on that. It’s also only been buffed since it launched. Condi got nerfed, but it was expected since it was totally broken.

People need to get out of the mentality of pretending Soul Marks, Decimate Defenses, and Blighter’s Boon are mandatory traits for power, need to stop thinking they need to run all shouts for whatever reason, and need to realize the GS is a very powerful tool in the right hands when played well, and that Gravedigger is absolutely terrible in PvP environments and in most cases not worth using.

Speed of Shadows carries reaper in combat because you no longer get outrun, and it boosts flickering shroud for mobility, defense, or proc effects dramatically. Simply, a reaper running SoS gets 50% more accessibility in a given fight to casting shroud, which makes a huge difference in those moments of “I need it now.” DD is unnecessary with Marauder and Death Perception and CV buffs damage and durability massively to offset this, and GS 1/4/5 are some of the best skills in the game when used well since it enables so much CC comboing and chill procs for CV and relative zone safety to deny a committed enemy its damage. Onslaught removes the effective timing of pre/post-cast animations, which doubles might generation from CV, and in group play, can mean the difference between having and not having stability or chain fearing the while enemy team, constantly resetting projectile deflection/blinds/chasing, whirls, etc.