"Damaging shouts need casttime"...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Apprently only the Reapers. Because Eles are better already with the first instant wave and just get better the longer the channel lasts. Like what…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

Ele Devs just went “Kitten it, moar fields, support and dmg!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

We feel the burn

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

With Rune of Radiance, you will be fighting a walking Auramancer.

All is vain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Is overload earth pulsing? Because that sounds much better than plauge lol.

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

The breakbar is all you get. I still also want a breakbar instead of stability on FiTG…imagine only getting stunned for 1s when somebody moas you…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odeezee.7362

Odeezee.7362

people need to wake up and kitten at Anet, cries and threats are the ONLY thing they respond to. if we want changes being constructive and cordial does not work! Eles kittened and they had their traits changed and IB was not nerfed, we need to do the same!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The breakbar is all you get. I still also want a breakbar instead of stability on FiTG…imagine only getting stunned for 1s when somebody moas you…

breakbar + cripple + protection.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thor Rising.7850

Thor Rising.7850

Dont forget they have team support, more damage, lower cast times, and lower cooldowns. I want my pre order money back.

And they wonder why their comptitive pvp had never and will never take off.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Repears shouts will never be viable for pvp. Cast times are everything in pvp

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The tempest shouts do have cast time… 0.25 seconds of cast time.

Anyways, damaging shouts should have cast time… Otherwise you could use the shouts at the same time that you are damaging with your weapon.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Anyways, damaging shouts should have cast time… Otherwise you could use the shouts at the same time that you are damaging with your weapon.

Like steal? Like ele when they use lightning strike damage or arcane skills? Like mesmers doing 20k out of stealth?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Tempest and horn has soooo much group utility and without a dps penalty for the Ele. What was Reaper supposed to do, again?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

What was Reaper supposed to do, again?

Looking cool,scary and something called melee cleave I believe.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

That is fine at all but they shouldnt be as long as ours currently are…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Honestly I can’t even express how stupid this is. The good news is with Revenant’s introduction ANet can go back to having an 8 profession game.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/gw2-tempest-shout-skills1.jpg

2 have no cast time, including one being decently offensive. Then 3 have a 1/4 cast time. All of which is better than 1/2, 3/4, 1 and 1.5 second casts….

Non-heal shouts really shouldn’t go above 1/2 sec cast, starts to defeat the purpose of being a shout.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

yeah, it’s ridiculous in comparison.

necromancer’s dev(s) is way too cautious or lazy when it comes to changes, apparently always afraid to make things a little bit too OP and therefore makes it always underpowered, just to be on the safe side.

meanwhile, the ele devs: ‘kitten balance, let’s stuff in even more of this and that, instant, with low cooldown! Lets buff everything to infinity!"

does it have to be a cast time tho? something like a 1sec. cooldown to all other shouts could work too. that you can shout multiple things at the same time didnt make much sense to begin with.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: randomjordan.4261

randomjordan.4261

I really hope Arena net has realized they NEED to fix reaper shouts. Because its such a huge slap in the face to show us reaper then right after show us Shiro revenant that gets an elite skill that takes 1 sec to cast and causes 3 secs of stun and has no cooldown though based on energy cost would take about 10-15 secs to cast again.

Then we see the ele shouts which do the same amount no matter how many targets they hit and have a better cast time overall. I mean if they are releasing the ele shouts with those kinds of numbers they MUST HAVE changed the reaper shouts since and just haven’t said anything. I say that but, that probably isn’t the case and once again necro will get the shaft.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

You can have your shouts back just……give me my dream Meditation Necromancer please.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

in Necromancer

RashanDale.3609

Then we see the ele shouts which do the same amount no matter how many targets they hit

why is, of all things, this seen as something negative? we finally have some more (defensive) stuff that scales with the number of enemies. thats one of the few positive things about our shouts.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

why is, of all things, this seen as something negative? we finally have some more (defensive) stuff that scales with the number of enemies. thats one of the few positive things about our shouts.

Shoud did not offer anything new in regards of defense. We always have had aoe weakness ,aoe life force generation and a 5 condition transfer skill.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Then we see the ele shouts which do the same amount no matter how many targets they hit

Because it means the shouts are garbage on single target, aka while roaming or against a PvE boss.

A skill shouldn’t have a required number of enemies to justify its use.

in Necromancer

RashanDale.3609

Shoud did not offer anything new in regards of defense

yes they did. scaling life force generation. It’s kinda new since Anet destroyed spectral armor and spectral walk in that regard.

@zenith: thats because the numbers are kitten. obviously ideally the shouts would be as viable against a single person as against more enemies. still, i think the idea is a good one. at least for things like the heal shout “chilled to the bone” or “Rise!”

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Shiki.7148

yes they did. scaling life force generation. It’s kinda new since Anet destroyed spectral armor and spectral walk in that regard.

@zenith: thats because the numbers are kitten. obviously ideally the shouts would be as viable against a single person as against more enemies. still, i think the idea is a good one. at least for things like the heal shout “chilled to the bone” or “Rise!”

I still think it should be like this (taking Rise! as the example) : Rise! : Summons 3 jagged horros. if you hit 4 enemies, summon an addional horror; if you hit 5, summon 2 addional horrors.

That way it might be a good shout. The way it currently is is that hitting 1-3 sucks and 4-5 is…decent.

in Necromancer

Tim.6450

Warhorn? Well of corruption? spectral wall?

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I’m waiting for the devs to say that this was all a massive joke and reaper is actually way better than we know it to be.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

I’m waiting for the devs to say that this was all a massive joke and reaper is actually way better than we know it to be.

you mean they say necro was a joke and we are making it better?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

While necro shout casts are still too long, keep in mind:

• Ele shouts all have delayed effects on enemies so they can be dodged, only instant effects on allies. So they’re not completely inconsistent.
  • Because of the ally effects ele shouts have pretty long cooldowns and no reduction trait – probably a bad choice outside specific aura or support builds.
  • necro shouts usually have more powerful effects on enemies (boon -> vuln conversion, condi transfer etc, massive stun/chill) + powerful self effects (unblockable, massive might stacks, long stability) … the jagged horrors still stand out as kinda laughable.

aaand…

• ele shouts do even more damage so… wait no that’s kinda weird.

Anyway, the point is when you take into account weaknesses too, it’s not as clear.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Necro’s were made to make other classes look better….

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

• Ele shouts all have delayed effects on enemies so they can be dodged, only instant effects on allies. So they’re not completely inconsistent.
  • Because of the ally effects ele shouts have pretty long cooldowns and no reduction trait – probably a bad choice outside specific aura or support builds.
  • necro shouts usually have more powerful effects on enemies (boon -> vuln conversion, condi transfer etc, massive stun/chill) + powerful self effects (unblockable, massive might stacks, long stability) … the jagged horrors still stand out as kinda laughable.

aaand…

Anyway, the point is when you take into account weaknesses too, it’s not as clear.

Very very true, but the problem also arises that if blocked or blinded, our shouts will do nothing, while the ele’s shouts will at least help his team members. I still like our shouts honestly, but….well I’m just gonna say it. The fact ele shouts do damage and have as little casting time as they do is just dang wrong and is hypocritical of ANET. It goes against every excuse and reason of weakness they’ve given for necromancer over the years, and especially their justification for making the reaper shout casting times and cooldowns as long as they are. “It’s because of the fact they do damage and can be potentially really powerful.” Bullcrap….I’m sorry but bullcrap.

Warning, here I devolve into a rant. Been trying to stay positive but, I think this reveal kinda put me over the edge.

You’ve nerfed Chill and cripple to not affect leaps and dashes, right after you revealed reaper and so many people were complaining about how hard it would be to get away from. You then nerfed chilling darkness, giving it an ICD of 5 seconds, despite the fact the only blinds we have are from well of darkness, WHICH IS A 50 SECOND COOLDOWN, and plague form! The only other blind we have is on OH dagger 4, which is easy to dodge and again, takes forever to cast. Man, sure would’ve been nice to use nightfall with chilling darkness wouldn’kitten And we still don’t know what other things they have in store for us, I’m sure a lot of the traits on Reaper will get ICD’s like blighter’s boon and Chilling force, they’ll probably also put it on Reaper’s might. We might even see them move the reaper shroud LF generation back to number 4, or make it so you only gain LF from one target when you hit them, you saw how well he was sustaining his LF off those golems….man I seem angry. I do still love necro, and look really forward to reaper but….just the hypocrisy of it all. Ha, and here I was trying to stay positive. Ahhh crud. Well least they gave Revenant weapon swap, really enjoyed what I saw in that class so there is some hope for me I guess.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

aaand…

Very very true, but the problem also arises that if blocked or blinded, our shouts will do nothing, while the ele’s shouts will at least help his team members. I still like our shouts honestly, but….well I’m just gonna say it. The fact ele shouts do damage and have as little casting time as they do is just dang wrong and is hypocritical of ANET. It goes against every excuse and reason of weakness they’ve given for necromancer over the years, and especially their justification for making the reaper shout casting times and cooldowns as long as they are. “It’s because of the fact they do damage and can be potentially really powerful.” Bullcrap….I’m sorry but bullcrap.

Warning, here I devolve into a rant. Been trying to stay positive but, I think this reveal kinda put me over the edge.

You’ve nerfed Chill and cripple to not affect leaps and dashes, right after you revealed reaper and so many people were complaining about how hard it would be to get away from. You then nerfed chilling darkness, giving it an ICD of 5 seconds, despite the fact the only blinds we have are from well of darkness, WHICH IS A 50 SECOND COOLDOWN, and plague form! The only other blind we have is on OH dagger 4, which is easy to dodge and again, takes forever to cast. Man, sure would’ve been nice to use nightfall with chilling darkness wouldn’kitten And we still don’t know what other things they have in store for us, I’m sure a lot of the traits on Reaper will get ICD’s like blighter’s boon and Chilling force, they’ll probably also put it on Reaper’s might. We might even see them move the reaper shroud LF generation back to number 4, or make it so you only gain LF from one target when you hit them, you saw how well he was sustaining his LF off those golems….man I seem angry. I do still love necro, and look really forward to reaper but….just the hypocrisy of it all. Ha, and here I was trying to stay positive. Ahhh crud. Well least they gave Revenant weapon swap, really enjoyed what I saw in that class so there is some hope for me I guess.

that is the thing necro are the ugly step child of anet and they just plain hate the class you can see it when they talk of necro and how bad they treat us. This is some what insulting but oh well just 3 more years to go.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I would like them to start airing some beta test weekends when we actually can test stuff out for ourselves.

We all know how it went with Revenant, which was be grossly underperforming even with 23rd update, vs. other professions. They saw that and responded with fixes.

Other thing is, they’ve been watching Necromancers underperforming for 3 years and haven’t done much about that, but hey!

Keep calm and
master Death Shroud

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I would like them to start airing some beta test weekends when we actually can test stuff out for ourselves.

We all know how it went with Revenant, which would be grossly underperforming even with 23rd update, vs. other professions. They saw that I responded with fixes.

Other thing is, they’ve been watching Necromancers underperforming for 3 years and haven’t done much about that, but hey!

Keep calm and
master Death Shroud

This is how it actually works. Beta is when the most class balancing happens, and when the thing comes off beta you can expect to not get meaningful changes until next xpac.