Daredevil; super-hard counter to Reaper?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Well just watched the video and its pretty official. 99% of all thieves now will be able to dash doge and remove chill. Well that sucks.

I think more will take the leap and the remove condition on evade trait or use that with S/P and the impact trait. So much synergy with that weapon set and those traits.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakunaito.9602

Dakunaito.9602

Heal on dodge, condi removal on dodge, weakness & blind uptime, knockdowns, stuns, upper cuts, landing damage on dodge, I honestly didn’t think they could make thieves more annoying but they’ve managed to give them everything possible to be the ultimate 1v1 annoying machine. Not looking forward to fighting them.

Reapers will do better against Daredevils, but any necros not taking Reaper will hurt big time. This makes Reapers pretty much a must have. And I’m not sure how it’ll play out yet, as Reaper/GS attacks are so slow.

you will face DD with GS? then you opened your own grave. you think they will wait 2s for Gravedigger and 3s for autoattack dmg? hahahaha. they will interrupt the crap out of you if you engage DD with GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Heal on dodge, condi removal on dodge, weakness & blind uptime, knockdowns, stuns, upper cuts, landing damage on dodge, I honestly didn’t think they could make thieves more annoying but they’ve managed to give them everything possible to be the ultimate 1v1 annoying machine. Not looking forward to fighting them.

Reapers will do better against Daredevils, but any necros not taking Reaper will hurt big time. This makes Reapers pretty much a must have. And I’m not sure how it’ll play out yet, as Reaper/GS attacks are so slow.

you will face DD with GS? then you opened your own grave. you think they will wait 2s for Gravedigger and 3s for autoattack dmg? hahahaha. they will interrupt the crap out of you if you engage DD with GS

No I won’t, but I was pointing out that GS attacks are too slow, and Reaper will be required as you won’t hit much (therefore not gain much LF) if you chose death shroud or in non-shroud form. Personally I’m sticking with dagger/warhorn until GS proves out otherwise.

I was just pointing out that Reaper will be required, and GS attacks are still too slow.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Reapers will do fine vs Daredevil and Thief in general imho, Going for relentless pursuit and good use of Infuseing Terror and he can dance around with his kitten Stick all he wants….

A traditional Condi Necro gets again a big hit, after Berserker last week seems Condi Necro gets hard countered yet again… specially with the 1s ICD Dodge removal Master trait.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Why you gotta give everybody free chill removal?

At this rate, for greatsword to get any use it needs to have 2s of chill on all three parts of the autoattack chain.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Why you gotta give everybody free chill removal?

At this rate, for greatsword to get any use it needs to have 2s of chill on all three parts of the autoattack chain.

Won’t matter much. The slow as kitten weapon can be sidestepped anyways; no need to even waste a dodge.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Reapers will do fine vs Daredevil and Thief in general imho, Going for relentless pursuit and good use of Infuseing Terror and he can dance around with his kitten Stick all he wants….

A traditional Condi Necro gets again a big hit, after Berserker last week seems Condi Necro gets hard countered yet again… specially with the 1s ICD Dodge removal Master trait.

All a thief needs to do is wait out your infusing terror by dodging out and resetting the fight then re-engage while your infusing terror is on cooldown. It’s not like you will catch up to a half competent thief.

3 dodge bars to avoid all your gap closers, hell you’re lucky if the thief doesn’t just whittle you down to death with shortbow kiting.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

All a thief needs to do is wait out your infusing terror by dodging out and resetting the fight then re-engage while your infusing terror is on cooldown. It’s not like you will catch up to a half competent thief.

3 dodge bars to avoid all your gap closers, hell you’re lucky if the thief doesn’t just whittle you down to death with shortbow kiting.

Yea we will see, in 3y I never seen a patient Thief that just Shortbow spam from a distance they always come in for the big hits, always. Iam not worried about Thief sry… What worries me is what worries me now: the stances of a Warrior

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raziel.8072

Raziel.8072

While I agree with most of the complaints you guys have said, you’re forgetting 1 thing: It’s mainly the GS that slows us down so much, and as many of us know from trying it already, GS is not a very competitive weapon. You’re gimping yourself by just equipping it. So why would you bring it to fights you know you’l face daredevils? I sure as hell wouldn’t pull out my GS if I saw a daredevil anywhere near me. That’s suicide. Reaper Shroud, while not exactly the speed demon, will prob be fast enough to avoid being totally shut down. The heal, I still think will be underwhelming anyway and I won’t be using it. The other shouts- well we’ll have to see about those, and I don’t think the elite warrants bringing except in specialized team setups. So while we will undoubtedly struggle more with daredevil than any other class, leaving the GS home might make the fight a lot less stressful.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rainman.6978

Rainman.6978

Yea we will see, in 3y I never seen a patient Thief that just Shortbow spam from a distance they always come in for the big hits, always. Iam not worried about Thief sry… What worries me is what worries me now: the stances of a Warrior

I used to do that all the time on my Thief back when the acro line was what it was. Kiting shortbow Thief shall rise again!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I mean even a p/p thief can permanently kite you and wear you down if he’s smart. All he needs to do is stay at that magic 900 range and you really won’t have anything to hit him with as he whittles you down.

The problem is very few people in this game bother kiting since kiting is far less effective on classes like warrior or elementalist or another thief who can stick to you like glue.

But a necromancer is a really easy class to wear down from range if they’re power specced. It’s why greatsword mesmers are such a hardcounter to necro to begin with.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Well being kited from 900 range from A Daredevil is as unlikely as a Reaper not takeing a range weapon Option imho. First tho a Thief has range option a Darevel really is a Melee version and a Reaper who also is Melee will ofc take range option to counter those situation: Sp.Grasp will see lots of use.

P/P Thieves kiteing us at 900 ? not as long as Plague Signet and CB is 1200, and just cause we are a Reaper and maybe runs GS aint nothing stopping us from havein Staff as other Weapon and yet again range is no problem…

The question tho as I saw in Title was if Darevil (Melee -no stealth Thief) is a hardcounter to Reaper (Melee -slugger) and my answer is: nope

Hardcounter will still be Warrior,Warrior and yea Warrior (stances + insane cleanses)

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Easyest duel for thief right now is necro there is no necro skill that has lower cast time than 2/4sec ,most of them are 3/4.

Shroud is realy delight for a thief 2 interupt ,only fear skill 3 has no cast time,if i want to kill necro with thief with patince and time i will most of the time , just by timing properly d/p 4 – steal and basilisc.( i still prefer to avoid it 1v1 due to huge health pool and time necesery to do it)
3 new dazes with added dmg,omg thats gona hurt:),if succesfull cd increase 10sec,that is death shroud shutdown ,lol

With dardevil there is also an option to have best regen heal of all classes now, just by going acrobatics for assasin reward wich will give you about 500 heal on s/d 3 and add 450 per evade that is almost 1k heal ,prety spamable also
Mabe we will final see some thief bunker builds worth playing,and im happy about that:)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Easyest duel for thief right now is necro there is no necro skill that has lower cast time than 2/4sec ,most of them are 3/4.

Shroud is realy delight for a thief 2 interupt ,only fear skill 3 has no cast time,if i want to kill necro with thief with patince and time i will most of the time , just by timing properly d/p 4 – steal and basilisc.( i still prefer to avoid it 1v1 due to huge health pool and time necesery to do it)
3 new dazes with added dmg,omg thats gona hurt:),if succesfull cd increase 10sec,that is death shroud shutdown ,lol

With dardevil there is also an option to have best regen heal of all classes now, just by going acrobatics for assasin reward wich will give you about 500 heal on s/d 3 and add 450 per evade that is almost 1k heal ,prety spamable also
Mabe we will final see some thief bunker builds worth playing,and im happy about that:)

necros also get reapers shroud and better access to stability so until friday when we can actually test how strong the new reaper and daredevil will be in combat against each other we should put the “;)” and “lol” aside.

in Necromancer

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

necros also get reapers shroud and better access to stability so until friday when we can actually test how strong the new reaper and daredevil will be in combat against each other we should put the “;)” and “lol” aside.

add to that just the action of going into shroud form can be traited as a stun break and temporary stability xD
seriously. reason i LOVE necro right there.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Necromancer

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

@Sigmoid

Yes you are absouiltely right about that,still new reapers shroud has only 2 insta cast skills.
On the other hand there is also blind>chill>might ,
fear >chill>might that could be very dengerous to be cought in for a thief .

Dont get me wrong i do not main any clas im just excited about new possibilities thats why i loled,but i think Op is right, thief will be one of the hardest 1v1 for necro imho,since all weapons have long cast skills,and can be interrupted before you get to shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

@Sigmoid

Yes you are absouiltely right about that,still new reapers shroud has only 2 insta cast skills.
On the other hand there is also blind>chill>might ,
fear >chill>might that could be very dengerous to be cought in for a thief .

Dont get me wrong i do not main any clas im just excited about new possibilities thats why i loled,but i think Op is right, thief will be one of the hardest 1v1 for necro imho,since all weapons have long cast skills,and can be interrupted before you get to shroud.

Also add in sigil procs on reaper shroud entry.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

I have no problem whatsoever to kill Thieves on my Necro even in Power gear, should I go Condi its not even a challenge. On Reaper I see even less issues, maybe its cause of all the fights vs Thieves thro the years. I find actually most classes harder then Thief except maybe Engi and Guard…

I guess fighting Thieves suits me then. I even duelled very good Thieves like Sindrener and Levin.

Servant of Dhuum