Dear Arena Net

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Honestly, the thief is a prime example of a “Selfish” class design that works…

When people say that Necro is a selfish class – I think about all the boons it can apply to itself… being 90% might and maybe sometimes fury, ret, prot, swiftness or stab if you spec into it – but nothing to the degree other classes can buff themselves or others and sometimes both. No access to quickness… No access to block/invuln/evade/reflect… General lack of combo fields and finishers…

The design philosophy just falls short for Necro. It seems like an excuse more than a reason every time it’s brought up. What things Necro does bring to the table (Life Steal, Minions, Condition/Boon Control, Fears) No one wants or cares about.

What it can do – it doesn’t do well enough that people think to bring one over any other class.

I saw a trait on the scourge tree which allows you to steal a boon every time you rip or corrupt one. Why isn’t this a base Necro GM trait? It felt good to finally have access to boons and not get push-pulled/stunned into oblivion. It also falls under the “selfish” design philosophy, and it worked really well imo. It’s a shame that a trait like that has been relegated to an elite – severely limiting options for the class overall.

agree that trait should have been on base necro

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

I think having no stability is valid. I’m glad as a scourge it’s finally very deadly to be in melee against. If scourge had a lot of stability it could be too op. It’s very easy to put on conditions while running around. I think barrier is very strong when used properly.

I think once people start to learn what’s good in the new meta, scourge, in spite of how powerful it seems now, will begin to suffer greatly in the new meta without stability.

Which is REALLY odd, given that the class lacks mobility, speed, and teleport effects and counts on being able to tank damage and otherwise “be tough”.

and Immunes and Blocks and evades….

so bassicaly a necro lacks in everything….

I understand not having immunities, blocks, evades, and even vigor. The idea is to “tank” the damage.

But that would mean that Necro should have access to:

Weakness
Protection
Retribution
Stability

And talents that straight increase your toughness and vitality in ways that can’t be removed.

It’s worth noting that Guardian — the polar opposite of Necro in theme but not playstyle — work this way, but they can ALSO give those beneficial boons to their allies. I would understand if Necros were selfish with their buffs in return for parceling out debilitating conditions (Weakness, Chill, Blind), but they need ACCESS to the buffs to begin with.

What they could do is rework spectral walk in a way that this is our invul skill and spectral wall as our block. This immediately would make the spectral mastery a true contender in our traits with vital persistance.

Base spectral walk skill could be someything like:

Create a shadowy tether and become spectral, becomming invulnerable first grating life force after. You may return to your initial position by using Spectral Recall.

Spectral Invulenarbility (4s): Become invulnerable
Spectral Walk (6s): gain life force when struck
Swiftness (30s): 33% Movement Speed
Gain life force when taking damage after invulnerable 2%
Breaks Stun

Reduce base cooldown to 40sec.

When traited only the spectral walk is affected because otherwise it would be to OP.
This would mean 100% swiftness uptime when traited which solves some mobility issue (we would still only have RS2 as gap closer).

Base spectral wall no longer fears (only 1sec anyway) but now blocks. The wall would be cast in front of you and follows you much like it does with guardian or rev blocking skills.

Create a spectral wall that protects allies and blocks incomming attacks.

Protection (5s): -33% Incoming Damage
Number of Targets: 10
Duration: 3s
Combo field: Ethereal
Unblockable

Reduce base cooldown to 20secs

wall why not reflect projectiles and make the reflected projectiles apply fear on hit
you forgot spectral armor that should have stability there somewhere

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

wall why not reflect projectiles and make the reflected projectiles apply fear on hit
you forgot spectral armor that should have stability there somewhere

Like the idea of fearing with the blocked projectiles but it would still leave you open to melee damage..
For stab I was thinking of reworking signet of the locust.. Probably most unused skill in the game.. it only grants 25% run speed passive, wow, amazing… Nothing else, it’s useless.. Even the health steal is ridiciously low…

New signet of the locust:

Signet passive: Improves condition damage and duration
Signet active: Grants stability, protection and steals health

Now that’s a signet worth taking!!!

While talking about signets:
Signet of Spite grants more power (200 base, 320 when traited) and adds ferocity (75 and 150 traited).
(this is a generous buff for all the power reapers out there since reaper is supposed to be power based)

Signet of Vampirism base heal is now 5400, passive life 525, life siphon damage is 475, life siphon heal 600

Signet of Undeath base cooldown is 60 secs, making it a very interesting choice for group support

Plague signet can now attract up to 2 conditions per ally and send out only 5. This is BS. It now spreads out all your condi’s to targets in an area. Making it a ground targetting signet and longer a single target skill. To not make it completely OP it would divdide your condi’s among the targets.

Ow, and the passive effect of signets working in shroud is now baseline, like it should have been from the beginning… No longer need to trait for that!

— Slave of the Free World —

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silmariena.6205

Silmariena.6205

Thank you for the words of truth <3

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Signet of the Locust sees a lot of use in PvE and actually isn’t bad in PvP. The heal it can provide is extremely strong.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jinn Galen.2468

Jinn Galen.2468

Wouldn’t Signet of Undeath be the most unused? Of course I’m just guessing but its effects seem really unappealing.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Wouldn’t Signet of Undeath be the most unused? Of course I’m just guessing but its effects seem really unappealing.

the prob with that signet is that…. the necro is usualy the one that gets downed 1st lol so he cant realy use it XD

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I have a lot more i want to say about the necromancer. But I honestly might have to just do a pod cast or something and talk it through… I don’t know. The scourge looks awesome and gives me a real ritualist vibe to it in some ways. Barrier feels very similar to Union in my opinion.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

yes is the most unused skill in the whole game I would say not even worth it with the trait ( that’s need’s to be baseline since the very beginning ) it’s active effect is outdated traits do better work really, it’s cast time is offensive but for some reason anet need all classes to have a skill like that( it should be reworked its active effect).

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

yes is the most unused skill in the whole game I would say not even worth it with the trait ( that’s need’s to be baseline since the very beginning ) it’s active effect is outdated traits do better work really, it’s cast time is offensive but for some reason anet need all classes to have a skill like that( it should be reworked its active effect).

I think it’s passive effect is completely useless as well, life force gain isn’t realy an issue.
Cast of 3sec is borderline bonkers as well as it’s recharge rate. I would keep the active effect of being able to res up to 3 players. It fits rather well with the Necro’s increase rev traits and all.
Necro is realy good in ressing a downed group if he specs for it.
But that’s only a niche roll which isn’t realy needed or asked for.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

Always thought it should be something like :
Cast time : 1s
CD : 90s (untraited)
Life Force per 3 Seconds : 3% (untraited)

And it still seems a bit weak.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

Always thought it should be something like :
Cast time : 1s
CD : 90s (untraited)
Life Force per 3 Seconds : 3% (untraited)

And it still seems a bit weak.

That’s because the passive effect is useless.. Completely useless.. You don’t need the passive effect of the signet to have to have enough LF gain…

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiritodatrth.1548

Kiritodatrth.1548

Up post! Up!… we need an answer… even it being a small explanation, or at least an excuse!

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Regarding the signet of undeath, I’d have prefered that the trait reduce the interval of lifeforce gain instead of giving more life force. In the end it does the same but, I prefer to gain 2% every 2 seconds than 3% every 3 seconds. On the long run it can make a huge difference.

The active effect used to be fun to troll some eotm raids by ralying a dead lord when they tried to cap.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The only possible use for Signet of Undeath’s passive is when camping sceptre-dagger and, even then, it under-performs for the slot it takes. The active is still useless in all applications. I tried it in PvE (Orr temple runs with plenty of players being downed) after the last balance. Its failure to res fully dead players makes the 3 second cast time utterly impractical. In all test cases, the Signet was a waste of a slot.

The Signet has no synergy with Blood Magic (healing support) or Curses (sceptre LF support).

If SoU res’d 1 player from being fully dead and added LF generation to sceptre AA, it might be viable despite being a Signet.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Here is my proposal for signet of undeath:

2 second cast time.
75 second recharge.

Passive: gain life force
Active: Rally one ally ‘vengeance’ style.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jinn Galen.2468

Jinn Galen.2468

2 second cast time.
75 second recharge.

I would prefer if it became an AoE corrupt like traited signet of the locust was. They should have just left Signet of Suffering trait alone.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

2 second cast time.
75 second recharge.

what if it were active send minions that revive your ally and explode when they die

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

2 second cast time.
75 second recharge.

what if it were active send minions that revive your ally and explode when they die

I’d love that!

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

Just need to give a useful theme.

Keep the passive make the active 50% max LF restore (balance to taste).

All sorts of interesting uses then.

Another idea (stolen from Mesmer) could be refresh all Shroud skill CDs.

(edited by Maxzero.4032)

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Just need to give a useful theme.

Keep the passive make the active 50% max LF restore (balance to taste).

All sorts of interesting uses then.

Another idea (stolen from Mesmer) could be refresh all Shroud skill CDs.

Nah, the shroud skill refresh would be really bad, unless it refreshes entering shroud as well. Can you imagine that? you blow your load in shroud, get out of shroud to use the signet and you have to wait 10 seconds anyways?

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mouse.6301

Mouse.6301

Signet of Undead has probably got the most useless target AoE in the game for the longest cast time and annoying cooldown, making one of your utility slots completely useless for several minutes, not to mention it’s already useless with its slow passive (generating 0.5s worth of shroud every 3s isn’t really useful…). For one of the slowest and most restricted signets in the game… Please, make it worth seem like it’s worth it.

Maybe its passive should be that it generates 2% of LF and 2% barrier (HP based) per 2s. The active could be a 600 range AoE around the necro, reviving 3 of the closest downed allies and making them unhealable, timed “zombies”. The revived would live a temporary life, sacrificing your lifeforce to turn into slowly decaying health for the revived, 1/3 LF given to a revived player (3 LF = 1 hp for 3 people). I think this makes the necromancer into a powerful undead summoner, while at the same time a long cast makes it into a powerful ability than can be blocked by enemies. It’d force the necro to think tactically and watch the LF meter even more while using it.

(edited by Mouse.6301)

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Any long and strong cooldown belongs in the elite slot. Boring, but theres no way you can give up 1/3 utilities.

Unless MAAAYBE on guard – where your elite can be viewed as a short CD utility (the quicknes shout)… necro doesnt have such elite nor does the class balance suggesnt anytime necro not needing 3 utilities.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Who knows, maybe… just maybe… the devs will read and pay attention.

im just trying to not laugh here…

i swear to my necromancer char…. IF an ACTUAL DEV not a community manager or forum moderator or soemthing like that but an ACTUAL DEV comes in here and post something Positive about this…

i go and buy gems for irl money….. at that moment…while spinning on my back…

pfffff i know it this thread will be ignored…. who needs good sensible sugestions am i right ? definetly not the devs that have no clue what to do with necro and just driving it into dirt with every update thats for sure….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

i swear to my necromancer char…. IF an ACTUAL DEV not a community manager or forum moderator or soemthing like that but an ACTUAL DEV comes in here and post something Positive about this…

pfffff i know it this thread will be ignored…. who needs good sensible sugestions am i right ? definetly not the devs that have no clue what to do with necro and just driving it into dirt with every update thats for sure….

Well, we still have a few weeks until release and the Reaper rework…
I don’t care for Meta and minmax kitten… I do care about my damage output…
Just yesterday I was running in Siren’s Landing to do the hearts.. and a mesmer just needed 3 hits to down a ley line scavenger… While I needed 6…
Stupid example, I know, but when I saw that I felt sorry for the Necro class as a whole….

(edited by Azzara Nectum.1734)

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Well, we still have a few weeks until release and there Reaper rework…
I don’t Care for Meta and minimax kitten… I do Care about my damage output…
Just yesterday I was running in Siren’s Landing to do they hearts.. and a mesmer just needed 3 hits to down a ley line scavenger… While I needed 6…
Stupid example I know but when I saw that I felt sorry for the Necro class as a whole….

i know that feeling…. the best part is when i want to aoe down mobs with GS…. and before the animation even winds up for a hit that takes down like 50% of HP…
BEFORE it even hits a mesmer or ele that just walked by casualy allready literly instant aoe killed all of them….

like come oooon…….

also that feel when reaper forms entire full Duration spining attack does not do as mutch dmg as a mesmer or ele with instants in a second …….

i sometimes think why i even play this trash class…
then i remember i can solo champions and some bosses and i feel a bit happier….

need to show those lifeless AI boss mobs who is the big guy here am i right ?

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

After watching WP’s breakdown of the Scourge ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwTlsrnDs78 ) the only reason for the two nerfs to Soul Reaping traits were done solely for the purpose of modifying it for the new Scourge elite. The two changes are directly related to major fundamental damage gains for the Scourge and how it’s shade is intended to work and had absolutely nothing to do with this;

“One of the biggest changes for necromancers in this patch is the change to the Vital Persistence trait. Previously, this trait reduced the rate at which life force decayed while in shroud and was too powerful compared to the other two traits in the same tier. We’ve changed the functionality of this trait in order to provide a different option that is easier to track and is more competitive with other traits in the same tier.”

Not one thing! That said, i think it’s high time they give the Power Reaper back what they have taken to facilitate the Scourge build and give some serious thought as to how they can properly balance this class once and for all. So many decent ideas have come from the player base, many in Lily’s post and absolutely no conversation from their end. I think it’s just flat out wrong to treat your customer base this way, just wrong.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

Well, we still have a few weeks until release and there Reaper rework…
I don’t Care for Meta and minimax kitten… I do Care about my damage output…
Just yesterday I was running in Siren’s Landing to do they hearts.. and a mesmer just needed 3 hits to down a ley line scavenger… While I needed 6…
Stupid example I know but when I saw that I felt sorry for the Necro class as a whole….

i know that feeling…. the best part is when i want to aoe down mobs with GS…. and before the animation even winds up for a hit that takes down like 50% of HP…
BEFORE it even hits a mesmer or ele that just walked by casualy allready literly instant aoe killed all of them….

like come oooon…….

also that feel when reaper forms entire full Duration spining attack does not do as mutch dmg as a mesmer or ele with instants in a second …….

i sometimes think why i even play this trash class…
then i remember i can solo champions and some bosses and i feel a bit happier….

need to show those lifeless AI boss mobs who is the big guy here am i right ?

I seriously hope that Anet will buff Reaper as hard and as big as they did power mesmer last “balance” patch…
4 adjustments are a no brainer for me:
- remove the spectral mastery and signet trait and that is now our baseline for those skills! Without those triats the skills and signets aren’t even to be considered worth taking over your shout skills … And even when traited, the shouts are still a better option for power reaper to take..
- buff base damage on our weapons by 50%
- make scepter AA faster (it’s so kitten slow)
– long wind up skills on greatsword and shroud 5 need to go (GW skill 2 might still need a slower attack speed since otherwise it would be OP below 50% HP targets) and AA needs to be at least 25% faster

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

Oh wauw.. I was browsing the wiki and ended up on breakbar research…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance_Bar#Mob-specific_defiance_bars

We have 7 hard control skills to damage breakbar… Revenant is next with 9
All others have 10+
Yeah, Necro realy needs a lot of TLC

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

“One of the biggest changes for necromancers in this patch is the change to the Vital Persistence trait. Previously, this trait reduced the rate at which life force decayed while in shroud and was too powerful compared to the other two traits in the same tier. We’ve changed the functionality of this trait in order to provide a different option that is easier to track and is more competitive with other traits in the same tier.”

Well yeah, the change on VP was like them saying : “Guy look! we change it so it became mandatory to Scourge instead of being mandatory to the necromancer/reaper. Look really carefully! This is a hint on the stat we excpect all of you to use with this new specialisation… Come on!!! Vitality!!!! Take gear with vitality!!!! You’ll love it! I garantee you!!!!”

Oh wauw.. I was browsing the wiki and ended up on breakbar research…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance_Bar#Mob-specific_defiance_bars

We have 7 hard control skills to damage breakbar… Revenant is next with 9
All others have 10+
Yeah, Necro realy needs a lot of TLC

Well… Not exactly. We got 7 hard CC + fear + miscellanous conditions that wear down the breakbar (And that’s where anet want the necromancer, wearing down the breakbar throught condition)

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: gigis.4918

gigis.4918

That said, i think it’s high time they give the Power Reaper back what they have taken to facilitate the Scourge build and give some serious thought as to how they can properly balance this class once and for all. So many decent ideas have come from the player base, many in Lily’s post and absolutely no conversation from their end. I think it’s just flat out wrong to treat your customer base this way, just wrong.[/quote]

This, exactly. It is amazing how most of the classes got a significant rework (ranger, mesmer) throughout the years and necromancer stayed broken since meta. Especially now with the new specs it gets more and more visible how broken and useless is the core necromancer. No synergizing traits (especially with scourge) and if they are combinable, it is just weak.
I think it is time for an official statement from the makers about necromancers role in the game. It might have been designed as solo Pve farming character, but the “customers” need to know this. If not, then the core necromancer urgently needs a rework . At this point no specializations are able to overhype the uselessness of necromancer on the full class scale.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

It might have been designed as solo Pve farming character

Well, from experience the necromancer is the most comfortable in WvW. This is it’s natural playground and the scourge is no exception to that. It can’t be helped, this is where the whole “condition manager” coupled with passive defense thematic is the most effective.

Honestly, if we only consider wvw, the necromancer and it’s 2 e-specs are pretty well done and balanced (well scourge need some tweeks for it’s balance in there thought but at least he is a natural predator here).

If we consider PvP, the necromancer got strong tools but equally he got some serious weaknesses in this game mode. I’m not sure the tools are worth the weaknesses thought.

As for PvE, the tools are inadapted to 95% of the gamemode yet he fare pretty well in solo play. The real issue is just that he is lacking in the way he support his teammates and he got some serious issue to reach a sufficient dps to contend against other professions. The profession is not bad but lack every single things that are needed to be desirable in PvE group content : a unique offensive buff/debuff and some damage modifyer allowing him to reach others profession’s dps.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

It might have been designed as solo Pve farming character

Well, from experience the necromancer is the most comfortable in WvW. This is it’s natural playground and the scourge is no exception to that. It can’t be helped, this is where the whole “condition manager” coupled with passive defense thematic is the most effective.

Honestly, if we only consider wvw, the necromancer and it’s 2 e-specs are pretty well done and balanced (well scourge need some tweeks for it’s balance in there thought but at least he is a natural predator here).

If we consider PvP, the necromancer got strong tools but equally he got some serious weaknesses in this game mode. I’m not sure the tools are worth the weaknesses thought.

As for PvE, the tools are inadapted to 95% of the gamemode yet he fare pretty well in solo play. The real issue is just that he is lacking in the way he support his teammates and he got some serious issue to reach a sufficient dps to contend against other professions. The profession is not bad but lack every single things that are needed to be desirable in PvE group content : a unique offensive buff/debuff and some damage modifyer allowing him to reach others profession’s dps.

In blobs a Necro shines with deathly chill.. But we already know that Deathly Chill will be changed anyway so Reaper will probably lose it’s status there..
Roaming Necro’s usually don’t fare well unless babysitted by Ele..

PvP is exactly the place where all the shortcommings of the class gets put under a magnifying glass… It has shown us we seriously underperform vs basically every other class due to lack of active defense, straight up burst damage and mobility…

For PvE every class is pretty much capable of soloing open world with all the power creeps..
And even there it is painstakingly obvious (in HOT maps) that we could use better dps…. Thiefs, mesmer, warriors, revenants just blow everything up in half the time we need to down a foe…
My friend plays condi berzerker warrior with rune of the undead and trailblazer armor/trinkets… So he is specced to facetank everything.. And even without main power stat, only condi damage & toughness his bleed and burn stacks are 1.5 times higher then mine are on viper/carrion combo..
If that is not laughable I don’t know what is

(edited by Azzara Nectum.1734)

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

sadly devs will ignore this post

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

Back up the list. Not going to go silently into the night.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

The duty of a dev is not to reply to unhinged people on forums. If devs had to talk to people on the forum for every perceived problem, PoF would release in 2022.

I can tell you by experience working for bigger companies than Anet that suggestions like this thread are heard, and are considered.

Among a mountain of other feedback, including tickets, player discussions, and marketing demands. An individual thread, as nice as it reads, is just one voice among many, all equally valid.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

My friend plays condi berzerker warrior with rune of the undead and trailblazer armor/trinkets… So he is specced to facetank everything.. And even without main power stat, only condi damage & toughness his bleed and burn stacks are 1.5 times higher then mine are on viper/carrion combo..
If that is not laughable I don’t know what is

Just look at thief. Their dagger is what our’s should be and the deadly arts trait line is what a good condi oriented trait line looks like.
Curses is clearly crap next to it. I’d take a copy of Deadly Arts with bleed (instead of the more powerful poison) over Curses any day.

(edited by Kaladel.1670)

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrigginManatees.1268

FrigginManatees.1268

I think a good point has been made early on in this thread about how necro is generally the first to be focused in an opening team fight, and this is maybe something that should change, so it’s not such a given. I could get behind an ability with a couple ways to trigger it, that perhaps grants you access to a necromancer-themed mist form with reduced duration and locust cloud visual effects.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

The duty of a dev is not to reply to unhinged people on forums. If devs had to talk to people on the forum for every perceived problem, PoF would release in 2022.

I can tell you by experience working for bigger companies than Anet that suggestions like this thread are heard, and are considered.

Among a mountain of other feedback, including tickets, player discussions, and marketing demands. An individual thread, as nice as it reads, is just one voice among many, all equally valid.

This goes way back 2012 we been neglectec of any comunication or explanation and when you read the patch notes make’s you think what the heck are the devs thinking that is the reason of the problem and why we ask balance and comunication( and is true sometimes forums get crowed with people just ranting) but the should atleast try to comunicate

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

The thing about this is, is that the voice I’m saying is not an uncommon voice among the players. Those who play Necromancer regularly and understand it have a very similar if not the exact same opinions and experiences on the class as I have.

This sentiment among the players have echoed for 5 years years now. Sure, at lower end PvP and PvE the necromancer seems quite good. From a novice perspective the necromancer seems outright broken. However when looking at the whole picture we quickly see that the necromancer is a low skill low reward profession. There isn’t any sort of complex mystery in playing it that can reward high skilled play. Which has left the necromancer in a pretty bad spot in competitive play while its lack of damage and support have put it in a bad spot in PvE. Do note that this doesn’t express concerns about WvW since the landscape actually does reward players passively through deaths, however the issue of profession depth just isn’t there either. Their mechanic just so happens to function rather well in WvW due to the nature of WvW. But that doesn’t mean we should ignore the other two aspects of the game. I myself Dislike WvW, even though I probably could get a lot of millage out of my primary profession there.

One of my suggestions from the past for example would do nothing to add to the necromancer’s almost passive defense but rather improve their utility. The old Suggestion that the necromancer should have access to their utility skills in shroud, but for a cost of life force to activate them. Thus they are forced to sacrifice defenses to gain that utility. A good way to balance it and it would provide more options for necromancer and add much need depth to their gameplay.

With that said, I will say from what I’ve seen Scourge’s Gameplay is far deeper than core necromancer and reaper. And that they are going to be more of a skill tester for the necromancer player base as decisions on the scourge will be far more complex and interesting interactions that we haven’t had the option to use up until this point.

And as for myself. I’m not particularly unhinged, although some people might be. Regardless of if Anet responds to my posts or not, I keep pushing out ideas primarily because I hope that some of them will stick. And my efforts have been fruitful in the past. Death’s charge and Corrosive poison cloud had been turned into projectile blocks in part because of the suggestion I made 2 years ago. So When I say “we need to talk” I’m not necessarily interested in starting a conversation in this Forum post. But some form of open communication with the fans. Weather that be a intern at Anet compiling a list of community concerns and presenting them to the balance team or something more direct, it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that they be a little more open with us. I don’t need 100% transparency. I get it, they have plans for future expansions and stuff like that. But we don’t even know what their concerns are for necromancer. Or if there are concerns. Their is so little communication that we can’t even get a good grip of what they want the profession to do.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

If the intention is to make Necro a selfish class then that class should have the best dps in game.. Why else would you take a selfish class in a group if you can’t bring any form of group utility..
You will be left out by default if your selfish class has an equal amount or less DPS compared to classes with group utility.
If you take out the group utility, the only thing left is DPS for the basis of which you can be chosen to participate in group..
In my view Anet has 2 ways to look at Necro:
1. keep the class selfish and boost it’s damage through the roof to top everyone else
2. tweak it so the damage is on par with other classes AND equal in terms of group utility

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ashivan.5216

Ashivan.5216

I like the Reaper theme so much that I made it my main character, when returning to the game with HOT release. I just like the idea of a Death Knight wielding a greatsword, while shrouded in icy darkness (oh my )

Unfortunately, I felt off in all game modes – in PvP I would be knocked back while in shroud and then focused to death, while in PvE it looked like every other class has more damage than me.

Now I’m thinking of getting back to the game with the next expansion (although I didn’t really enjoy the preview weekend – kittenty experience for a solo player) and I want to play it with my favourite class. Can we get a buff please?

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

But we don’t even know what their concerns are for necromancer. Or if there are concerns. Their is so little communication that we can’t even get a good grip of what they want the profession to do.

We do know that at some point last year they felt that the necromancer was where they wanted it to be in PvP (at least). It sure made a lot of us laugh but that’s what they stated at some point.

If the intention is to make Necro a selfish class then that class should have the best dps in game.. Why else would you take a selfish class in a group if you can’t bring any form of group utility..

It is not that simple… Their intent is not to make the necromancer a selfish class at all and in their eyes, it is not a selfish class.

The necromancer is intended to be a “condition manager”. He is supposed to support throught condition, ease condition pressure on it’s allies and corrupt boons into conditions on it’s foes. That is the whole purpose of a necromancer and scourge may very well be the pinacle of this idea. They pursue this goal, never straying off of this path.

The design of the necromancer as they seem to want it to be, put conditions at it’s very core. Be it damaging conditions or debilitating conditions. And the wall that the necromancer seem to not be able to cross is that this very design do not fit PvE (due to various reasons) and prove to not be sufficient in PvP.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Arenanet’s ongoing goal is to let players choose which profession attracts them thematically and enable builds of that profession which can a) dps in power or condi, or b) support in ways that are interesting and valued.

GW2 is not supposed to have fixed triads for a meta. Elementalist was a heal-bot but Ranger was introduced to counter that. There are many examples of role enabling.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

It’s clear that the dev is not listening to the necro group since pre-hot. We continuously get the same abilities with a little different sparkle. The only difference this time is barrier. That is a joke and a horrible one at that. Necro hasn’t added ANYTHING to core game play the whole time except when necro minion bleed build was great. But that was short lived.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

It’s clear that the dev is not listening…

This is not true.
At release Necromancer had a lot of bad traits. They all had major fixes, especially Blood Magic, which was awful, before. We wanted burning and got Dhuumfire. We wanted support and got improved wells, Transfusion, Vampiric Presence, SoV and many others.

We wanted cleave and got one on dagger. When dagger’s cleave was still too little, we got greatsword, which gave Necromancer a massive amount of cleave.

We wanted another option for condition damage besides sceptre and we got Deathly Chill.

We wanted more burning and fewer transforms and are getting Scourge.

We even got Revenant!

Just because there are no more Arenanet posts, here, does not mean your feedback is ignored. Arenanet employees’ social media posts and other public statements are tightly regulated to prevent anything they might say being construed as a commitment by Arenanet.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Some people wanted signet passive while in shroud and we got the latest signet of suffering trait.

Just because there are no more Arenanet posts, here, does not mean your feedback is ignored. Arenanet employees’ social media posts and other public statements are tightly regulated to prevent anything they might say being construed as a commitment by Arenanet.

The most bothering in this is that they do post… But on Reddit. They’ve got a dedicated forum where they should communicate yet they chose to do so on another place.

This place should be where anet talk to it’s player base.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

This forum is not entirely independent from Arenanet or quite as publicly accessible to potential players and reviewers who might want to use one site to access all MMO games.

The choice to use Reddit for news that may draw new players or reviewers is perfectly understandable.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

Some people wanted signet passive while in shroud and we got the latest signet of suffering trait..

Yes, but it shouldn’t be a trait in the first place… Passive signet effect should work in shroud BY DEFAULT!
Same with spectral mastery trait, it shouldn’t be a trait, the trait just makes what the skills would need to already be BY DEFAULT.

Dear Arena Net

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flubbernaut.9584

Flubbernaut.9584

Back up the list you go