Does anyone actually Like Necro???

in Necromancer

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

comming from a guy that loves dark magic users and minions in every other game i like the necromancer the least. i find the only class worse off is the engineer. and thats only because of the random nature of their skills. even so id sooner play my engineer than my necro. why? because they ruined it in this game. the minions arent grizzly the leeching should be higher and the life pool should be lower. if i ever have the need to play an irritatingly high hp character thats not too effective with balloon animals following me ill play my necro. so i might play him on april 1st or something but thats it.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Also necro can have 10 minions at once, or even more.

Lie. This is entirely untrue. Blatant lies like this completely undermine your point, which is somewhat reasonable.

Sorry, i forgot that lich form unsummons your minions. well, you can still have 6-7 at once. 1 on heal, 4 on utils (one of them summons 2 pets), 1 on elite and 1 from trait. not 10+, but the point is the same.

I don’t know if it’s better to have 7 stupid minions or 1 pet, but still, necro has it’s own mechanic and ranger doesn’t have death shroud.

Also the main point of a minion is not to deal damage, but to take hits and boost the owner’s stats, or simply die in a cloud of poison. If you want a controllable and reliable pet, play the ranger.

Necro main mechanic is death shroud. and it’s pretty good imo.

in Necromancer

Posted by: E Kay.9236

E Kay.9236

My main is Elementalist and I am having a blast with it. However, I have as much fun with my necro at this time (I’d call her my main alt). I have leveled it while staying in zones around 5 levels above me without trouble. It rocks in PvP and WvW.

The thing is it rocks in areas where my ele is poor, it has troubles where my ele shines. Yes the minion AI is broken, but other builds are very fine. As with all classes there are some issues; but the survivability and the forgiveness is very nice.

So yes to answer the original question: I really like my necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pillow.3296

Pillow.3296

Since minions get destroyed when you go into lich mode, what you’re describing is very likely a bug that will be patched. Not exactly a solid rebuttal point.

read it again. i. said summon 5 in lich, then leave lich, then summon more. not the other way around.

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

You can cast the mark of horror twice in lich if you time it right, so that’s 8 horror’s (since there is a cap on them), then summon 5 (bone minions being 2) more minions when you leave, so 13 is the most minions you can have, outside of non profession based junk.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roziel.5720

Roziel.5720

While I love the dark nature, the tankiness, and above all the non-critical need for minions (oh stars above do I hate pets) I do have one major complaint. There really is no burst damage to this class. That special mode we go in, what SHOULD be our burst, isn’t even close. The traits…aren’t really there for synergy. Our long distance attacks aren’t there either. Finally I feel like I do more damage from getting downed then I do on my feet.

…Ok maybe that was more then one problem. I like this class, but I feel the overly complicated elementalist is starting to feel more powerful and handy then my necromancer. Necromancers really have several problems and after two months away I haven’t seen any significant changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Le Pecheur.2074

Le Pecheur.2074

Necro has it’s problems. Pet AI and pathfinding are two of the big things that need to be fixed (along with some of the skill timers being too long imo), but if you play it right, it’s not a bad class. It takes a lot more strategy to play a necro successfully than other classes, you can’t just get on it like you can a Guardian and plan on mashing 3 or 4 buttons and expect instawin.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

I have been reading the forums, for some advice on How to level up… and while I do find some interesting information… 4/5ths of the responders are basically QQ ing about how weak the necromancer is compared to other professions. " Three times as hard to underwhelm." I see a lot.

Love the class. There are some legitimate complaints about the profession — as there are for most professions — but this forum is unfortunately dominated by semi-serious PvP’ers and people who have strong and specific expectations about the class, who mostly don’t understand the class (or MMO’s apparently).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

Since minions get destroyed when you go into lich mode, what you’re describing is very likely a bug that will be patched. Not exactly a solid rebuttal point.

read it again. i. said summon 5 in lich, then leave lich, then summon more. not the other way around.

I read it correctly the first time. Since Lichform was modified to destroy minions when you enter it to avoid minion overload, then simply changing the order to bypass the fix is likely to be patched at a future date.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pillow.3296

Pillow.3296

I read it correctly the first time. Since Lichform was modified to destroy minions when you enter it to avoid minion overload, then simply changing the order to bypass the fix is likely to be patched at a future date.

it’s not a bug and it won’t get patched. there’s a reason you have time to summon 2×5 minions during lich form. anet isnt that stupid otherwise, they’d just increase cd time so you can only summon once. you’re supposed to be able to summon 5 and keep them even after lich form expires. also, this argument is pointless, its completely derailed from the topic

in Necromancer

Posted by: postman.6915

postman.6915

I love my condition necro for both WvW and PVE. Great survivability, excellent attrition fighter, and nothing beats a well placed epidemic. Watching all of those little white numbers roll off of a group of invaders while bags simply appear at my feet

Undead Lords [UDL] Stormbluff Isle
Keepin it real since ’94
http://forums.undeadlords.net