Fear doesn't interrupt?

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Laserhog.5049

Laserhog.5049

I have been testing this on boars with obvious skill tells. I have used spectral grasp and doom at the same point on his charge. Spectral grasp obviously procs an interrupt, however I have found that doom, or any fear for that matter, doesn’t seem to interrupt.

So, my question is: Does fear cause interrupts? Am I doing something wrong? Been wanting to use perplexity runes on my necro for a while now and 1 interrupt every 30 seconds IMO doesn’t make it worth using.

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

For some reason it doesn’t. This affects both perplexity runes as well as the daily interrupt achievement.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

There was a red post in the bug forums that said they would look into it…

That was 5 months ago… so current logic should be that they give us another red post that they are still evaluating it for deployment sometime in 2015.

I really had my hopes when they balanced it to have an internal cooldown they would fix fear, but hey, maybe next year right?

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eleir.9325

Eleir.9325

Knowing the Necro Dev team we won’t get a fix for several years.

(Lv. 80 Necromancer)Ash Grimbane [MEAN] – DarkHaven

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There are two times when Fear will actually Interrupt: When a casting enemy runs into a Spectral Wall, or when they run into a placed (but not triggered) Reaper’s mark.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

IIRC, Fear does not count as an interrupt in the game. It can cause skills to go on short or long CD depending upon whether the opponent’s action is forcefully aborted, or proc’s to no effect like when being turned backwards so their target is out of their field of view. It used to work like this on bosses before Unshakable.

I think the developers are perfectly fine with this nerf; Necro’s inability to actually interrupt.

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

There are two times when Fear will actually Interrupt: When a casting enemy runs into a Spectral Wall, or when they run into a placed (but not triggered) Reaper’s mark.

That is forced self movement, funny enough traps cound application as the person that triggers them (as in its the idiots fault that they didnt dodge), while using stats of their owners, same with pets, their damage counts as their own but some aspects of the skills do get influenced by the person that summons the pet, thus its not as much fear interrupting but fear proccing the owner to interrupt (same way you get interruptor for causing a enemy to stun themselves with their own skills like some of watchworks while in stunned phase getting hit by their own skills if you pull em count for daily interrupter too).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

That is forced self movement, funny enough traps cound application as the person that triggers them (as in its the idiots fault that they didnt dodge), while using stats of their owners, same with pets, their damage counts as their own but some aspects of the skills do get influenced by the person that summons the pet, thus its not as much fear interrupting but fear proccing the owner to interrupt (same way you get interruptor for causing a enemy to stun themselves with their own skills like some of watchworks while in stunned phase getting hit by their own skills if you pull em count for daily interrupter too).

Actually, those two situations I described do result in legit Interrupts 100% of the time. It doesn’t work if you drop the Reaper’s Mark or Spectral Wall on top of them, they have to move into it themselves.

Incredibly stupid, yes, but it does actually count for Daily Interrupter.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Incredibly stupid, yes, but it does actually count for Daily Interrupter.

As said, forced self movement counts as interrupts (as in its the idiots fault that they didnt dodge) – this part, rest doesnt.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

the Necro Dev team

The what? I doubt such a thing exists outside of fairytales.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It’s annoying. The daily interrupt achievement says that fear interrupts, except it doesn’t.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

It was also stated in Wiki, that Fear has a bug where it doesnt count as interrupting ability…

but as ppl said… non-existing ‘’Necro-dev’’ team is way more busy nerfing necromancer than actually fixing their bugs…

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Fix this kitten already..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: pierwola.9602

pierwola.9602

I’m happy that fear doesn’t interrupt (confusion). I use Rune of Perplexity on my necro and i think that it would be way to OP to have 5-8 conf evry 8 sec.

Fear doesn't interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

I’m happy that fear doesn’t interrupt (confusion). I use Rune of Perplexity on my necro and i think that it would be way to OP to have 5-8 conf evry 8 sec.

thats because the set is OP. but if everyone else can use it, necro should be able to use it too.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold