Fear triggering interrupt?

in Necromancer

Posted by: lightning.8039

lightning.8039

This may have been answered already but I was unable to find the thread. But anyway, is there any reason that fears do not trigger interrupt? I tried using perplexity runes on my necromancer thinking that fear would trigger the interrupt, thus put on the 5 confusion stacks, but I found this to not be the case. Fears removes boss’ stacks of defiant, so I assume this should work as a cc? I don’t want Wail of Doom (warhorn #4 i think that’s the name) and Spectral grasp to be my only resources for triggering an interrupt…

iheartlightning (ranger) DnT
“…but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”
-Benjamin Franklin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I don’t know that any good reason has ever been given for it.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The good reason is that those runes would be incredibly OP for us. They are already OP even for those classes that don’t have a lot of additional condi pressure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

The good reason is that those runes would be incredibly OP for us. They are already OP even for those classes that don’t have a lot of additional condi pressure.

F that, we need some OPness in WvW. Other classes already have tons of OP things in WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

In Aug, it was acknowledged by ANet that it would be “looked at” – that doesn’t confirm it is a bug or not:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Fear-not-interrupting/2574205

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Smoke.9273

Smoke.9273

If necro’s fear would register as an interrupt, you would have seen perplexity runes nerfed already…

edit: I of course agree that our fear should register as interrupt

Riay
Fused with my Shroud

(edited by Smoke.9273)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

They are insanely OP on other classes, the argument that it would make us OP is just moot! I don’t give a flying monkey’s kitten whether or not it’s OP, the gameplay rules should be the same across the board. The game should NOT be balanced around a frickin runeset, it should be balanced around the classes and skills.
It makes absolutely no sense for fear not to be counted as an interrupt. Actually, if you look up interrupt on the GW2 wiki, fear is listed as an interrupt and as the other guy mentioned it is a bug, however I wouldn’t hold my breath on it being “fixed”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

People only became aware that fear doesn’t count as interrupt because of those runes, if it wasn’t for perplexity no one would care that you don’t see the “interrupt” pop up on screen.
And yes, if this bug was fixed necros with those runes would be more op than ever before. I wouldn’t hold my breath for this fix though. However, the devs did make an official appearance on the WvW discussion forum, stating that they were “already looking into it”. So it’s safe to assume they’ll nerf those runes in the near future, rather than a fix for necros to create more synergy with them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: reign.2369

reign.2369

F that, we need some OPness in WvW. Other classes already have tons of OP things in WvW.

You don’t think Duuhmfire is overpowered? You can kill most people in less than two auto attack chains and can quite easily 1v1 most of the other “OP” specs in wvw.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I don’t think it would be any more overpowered than they currently are on engineers and headshot thieves right now. That being said, I don’t see any reason for them to “fix” this bug, unless they do the following:

a. Nerf perplexity to have an ICD of 10 seconds
b. Add in additional runes that take advantage of the on-interrupt effect.

Currently 5 perplexity runes is still really strong on necro (I run it quite a bit), even without the 6 bonus proc. If fear did proc the interrupt effect it would be pretty silly, but I am sure the runes will get nerfed before they fix the fear causing interrupt bug.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

People only became aware that fear doesn’t count as interrupt because of those runes, if it wasn’t for perplexity no one would care that you don’t see the “interrupt” pop up on screen.
And yes, if this bug was fixed necros with those runes would be more op than ever before. I wouldn’t hold my breath for this fix though. However, the devs did make an official appearance on the WvW discussion forum, stating that they were “already looking into it”. So it’s safe to assume they’ll nerf those runes in the near future, rather than a fix for necros to create more synergy with them.

I’m aware of it because of daily. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Perplexity runes are stupidly OP anyway. They need a nerf. And other professions have as many interrupts as Necro has Fears.

Neither of those are a good reason for Fear not to count as a proper interrupt.

I doubt it has anything to do with Perplexity anyway. Perplexity Runes were only introduced somewhat recently. Fear not counting as an interrupt was happening long before that, I’m sure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: oneinfinity.9406

oneinfinity.9406

Well, according to the wiki, the runes are already bugged and at least don’t give the duration increase. Still the amount of Confusion some people can stack up with this is ridiculous. An ICD on the on-interrupt trigger simply has to be implemented, something like 2o seconds at least. Or give it a chance too, something like 30% chance on interrupt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lightning.8039

lightning.8039

Well this is slightly depressing news. Although I guess perplexity runes cause confusion on the user now if they are using perplexity and then get interrupted lol.

iheartlightning (ranger) DnT
“…but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”
-Benjamin Franklin