Fix focus

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jimmy.1476

Jimmy.1476

My suggestion: focus 4 – decrease cast time from 3/4 to 1/2 sec,increase projectile
velocity and replace regen boon by fury.

focus 5 – decrease cast time from 1.25 to 3/4 sec. ,or make that skill small
aoe (not both changes ofc,or it will be op)

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It doesnt need “fixing”. But i agree with these suggestions except for increasing focus 4 projectile velocity. Thats fast enough already. Any faster and you wont be able to cast at range and get the bounces to proc as you run up to the foe.

And focus 5 definitely needs cast time reduction. Having it as a small aoe would be a nice bonus. Its definitely not an “or” situation. It should be reduced cast and aoe or just reduced cast.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Focus 4 should make helicopter sounds too

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Focus 4 is okay, no real need to change the boon to fury. They should improve the tracking, the skill is way too unreliable against moving targets.

Focus 5 does need some more flavour. The chill was strong at launch, when condi remove wasn’t as easy as it is now. Boon remove again was strong at launch, now they just get reapplied so fast, this skill is barely worth the cast time in most cases.

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The casttime reduction for focus 5 is the more important buff for focus. That is something that needs to happen. Though i wouldnt be opposed to any buff to focus 4.

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Focus needs big fixes or almost mechanical reworks on the 2 skils.

Beside the 2year aftercast , a hovering projectile is probably the least reliable skilltype ingame, where it could have been a copy of mirror blade.

5 is still casting atm , ill coment when it lands on saturn in 2020.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jimmy.1476

Jimmy.1476

Focus 4 is okay, no real need to change the boon to fury. They should improve the tracking, the skill is way too unreliable against moving target.

Yes,i found almost impossible hit some moving target at longer range than 900 by focus 4. This is why I thought that increasing the speed of the projectile can fix problem.But make it tracking is better solution.

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Focus 4: Increase damage and reduce cd to 15sec.
Focus 5: Increase damage(the focus trait which increase damage against foes with no boons make this even more thematic and useful.) and decrease cast to 3/4 or 1s.
Also as many stated, the boons are reaplied so fast that maybe the skill also need shorter CD as well(15s).

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

5th skill needs to get its cast time cut in half. That’s my only big complaint about focus.

[qT] Necro main.

Fix focus

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dignified Loser.7689

Dignified Loser.7689

I agree with focus 5 getting a cast time reduction, but I also think it would be interesting if it corrupted boons in addition to the increasing damage per boon removed. Or, if I remember someone suggested this before (but I don’t remember who), if the 5th skill corrupted one boon but with a petty cooldown (though it could be a touch too “spammy”/spastic for “skillful” play).

As for skill 4, maybe retaliation or fury instead of regeneration?