Full MM Ranked Team (vid inside)

in Necromancer

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Last night I had an awesome time, probably one of the most awesome times I’ve ever had in PvP. Maybe it was kinda cheesy, but all in all it was in good fun. I saw in map chat that two Necros were looking to make a full MM team, and jumped on the opportunity! Shoutouts to those in the video with me, hopefully some of you check the forums, told you I was recording it!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

a ranger running from u O.o? didn’t quite make sense to me there XD

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

a ranger running from u O.o? didn’t quite make sense to me there XD

Yeah tbh I dont think many people could really comprehend what was going on with 5 minion masters on the same team LOL.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

ahh yiss also can mix some Mesmers in there
and when hot hits chill and rise + deathnova will just gonna make it more hilarious when u paint maps with poison clouds

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Necromancer

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

Not bad, all classic cleric MM builds ? or were there some DPS-MM aswel ? (+ If you want to blind enemy with fiend to safestomp activate it the second before you start stomping )

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

After HoT release , Reaper minion masters will be all over the maps
I always wonder how will a full MM team do in dungeons :p

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The video lacks sound effects and the music is unfitting/not form the game. Besides that: nice vid.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

The video lacks sound effects and the music is unfitting/not form the game. Besides that: nice vid.

Ah I just liked the beat and wanted to make a video with it, I’m not really a fan of sound effects because I actually play my videos in the background because they have all of my favorite songs in them xD

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

Hmm probably not very well knowing the AI on our minions. However maybe on some bosses it would work? Just as long as the boss doesn’t have any strong AoE or teleportation moves or retaliation or… eh maybe minions wouldn’t be that great…

in Necromancer

arrownin.3128

ahh yiss also can mix some Mesmers in there
and when hot hits chill and rise + deathnova will just gonna make it more hilarious when u paint maps with poison clouds

I was actually thinking a thief would be interesting! Running in the mix of all those zombies a thief would be rather slippery. To boot they would have 4 tanky necros to ress him/her.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Hmm probably not very well knowing the AI on our minions. However maybe on some bosses it would work? Just as long as the boss doesn’t have any strong AoE or teleportation moves or retaliation or… eh maybe minions wouldn’t be that great…

You probably didn’t read my signature , I have been playing as MM since GW1 and I know the minions AI very well, however along with the upcoming HoT changes , I’m sure that summons AI will be fixed and they will be much better especially when their traits become baseline

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

BTW: you inspired me to try out the bunker MM build from here:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_Minion_Master

While not the most effective build, it is a lot of fun and you can hold a point quite for a long time/prevent from capping even with 2+ enemies and wait ’til help arrives. Also the damage is surprisingly good with dagger although highly defensive.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Don’t use that build. I didn’t realize metabattle had kittened up their minion build that much, but that is just sad. This is what happens when you allow random people to “fix” builds.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Don’t use that build. I didn’t realize metabattle had kittened up their minion build that much, but that is just sad. This is what happens when you allow random people to “fix” builds.

It’s what happens when people like yourself aren’t the ones maintaining them. You could always make an account.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I have an account, and already posted on the discussion for that build a while ago, managing to fix it up from its previously mediocre state. The current build was changed from (I assume) the one that included my contributions, and frankly I don’t feel like arguing with whoever made that current abomination just to make sure my guide notes stay up.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Fair enough. The likely problem is that so few people on the site care about the build that no one argues against questionable changes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yeah, well I might as well do the changes lol. At least get it in order before specializations come up.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I faced one of these teams this morning. Was 3 MM necros. Since none of us were idiots we crushed their poor team 500-80. MM just isn’t very good with the terrible AI of this game and the over abundance of AOE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

I agree that the AI is pretty terrible, but if you’re traited correctly you are kitten near tanky enough to D/D them down with the occasional help from your minions LOL

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: HandsomeGentleman.9576

HandsomeGentleman.9576

Q U I C K here…if you remember from yesternight, our group kept running into you guys.

It was super annoying to fight you guys on point, but the hard thing about necro 5 mans is mobility, which we exploited with constant far point pushes and backcaps.

That being said…ugh, NO MOAR plssssss