GM traits from Ready Up.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

kitten everything else, Spite now has life steal on Condition Damage.

Screen shot from ready up.

Attachments:

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

Spite: Parasitic Contagion – A % of your condition damage heals you (5%, not affected by healing power)

Curses: Path of Corruption – Dark Path now additionally converts 2 boons into conditions.

Death Magic: Unholy Sanctuary - Regenerate health while you are in death shroud (this is the only method currently to physically regen your HP while in death shroud – it is same as healing from regen, will scale with your healing power)

Blood Magic: Unholy Martyr – Draw 1 condition from allies every 3 seconds while in death shroud. Each time you draw a condition, gain 5% life force.

Soul Reaping: Renewing Blast – Life Blast heal allies that it passes through.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by CastIron.7364)

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Some pretty interesting changes. Parasitic Contagion will probably keep me in spite after the dumbfire nerf once I have all the specifics.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Steelxsoldier.6512

Steelxsoldier.6512

Meh ideas overall except for parasitic contagion. My 30/30/0/10/0 build will probably just switch out dhuumfire for it. Hopefully really good sustain.

I am however interested in Path of Corruption: what does/will aegis convert to?

FUNK
Tarnished Coast

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Meh ideas overall except for parasitic contagion. My 30/30/0/10/0 build will probably just switch out dhuumfire for it. Hopefully really good sustain.

I am however interested in Path of Corruption: what does/will aegis convert to?

Same as it does now probably, burning.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I am looking at things a bit more positive now, but we shall have to see how things will work out.

I do see the development of necromancer to go the way most necros would like to see it go, sustain wise.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I think theyve permently given up and made spite the main condition tree, and condtion necro the only real necro option. Hope they start working on reworking the spite minors as theyre equaly bad as the ones from death magic

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Godless.1857

Godless.1857

Just some additional stuff from the previous slide too:

• Reanimator: This trait has been merged into Death Nova
  • New Adept Minor Trait – Armored Shroud: Gain bonus toughness while in death shroud.
  • Protection of the Horde: This trait has been merged into Flesh of the Master
  • New Master Minor Trait – Soul Comprehension: Your passive life force generation from nearby deaths is increased
  • Vampiric Master: Reduced the effectiveness of this trait by 10%. The healing portion of this trait will now scale with the necro’s healing power stat
  • Training of the Master: Reduced the damage increase to minions fro 30% to 25%
  • Dhuumfire: This trait has been changed so that it will make Life Blast inflict 3 seconds of burning with a 10 seconds recharge. This trait is no longer split.
  • Bug fixes!

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

Wouldn’t it have been better for Reanimator to be merged with Minion Mastery instead? Merging into Death Nova just seems…awkward. Still, at least they’re finally doing something about it.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

CastIron.7364

I’m a bit let down with the Spite and Curses GMs. Parasitic Contagion seems as a good alternative to Dhuumfire, but Path of Corruption seems … underwhelming.
Even though that could mean that they increased the projectile speed.

DM seems better now as a traitline and I’ll be tinkering with DM and BM in order to create a zerg surfing build for WvW.

Renewing Blast seems like a nice buff to healing necros even though I never played one and therefore can’t say much about it.

Too bad there is no cool new GM for power necromancers.

Shaak ~
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Fear now an interrupt!

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Godless.1857

Breaking news: Fear is now an interrupt!

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

OMG, my necro will become a tank from hell!!!

THANK YOU ANET

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think path of corruption sounds pretty awesome, at least for a dueling type build. I’ll probably check that out a little bit for funsies.

Not sure what the spite GM really does at the moment, or how powerful the heals are. The death magic and blood magic ones are interesting. Not sure I will use them, but they are certainly interesting. SR one doesn’t impress me but I’m sure it has it’s uses, too.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Unholy martyr is op as hell. 25% life force every 3 seconds in wvw. That along with unholy sanctuary will be really strong.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Not super-stoked about the Death Magic redesign but I LOVE the new Spite and Curses traits! Might actually have to skip Master of Terror to get these 2!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

CastIron.7364

Unholy martyr is op as hell. 25% life force every 3 seconds in wvw. That along with unholy sanctuary will be really strong.

From what I understand it’s just 1 condition per 3 seconds, not 1 condition per ally every 3 seconds.
As you lose 4% per second that realization made me a sad necro. Still a buff to DS uptime.

Shaak ~

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Heartlust.6140

Heartlust.6140

Can someone try to explain why they keep forcing condition traits to Spite? Power necros are getting worse and worse, sadly. We’ll probably be the weakest PvE class overall due to our low damage from power specs as well as condition builds having big issues in PvE that I won’t get into. (these concerns are mostly for high end pve such as fracs etc, not open pve.. anything goes there)

Looks solid otherwise! Excited about playing a Necro in PvP though

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m legitimately going to try a 0/0/30/30/10 build once this patch hits. Kind of excited, to be honest.

And I think Parasitic Contagion is also really cool.

EDIT – Spite is the Condition Duration line. Conditions are very important to a Power build for Necros, and Condition builds also like the Condition Duration.

Do you want the Condi Duration line to not have any Condi benefits? That would seem like a terrible idea.

Plus, we have Close to Death in Spite. I have a hard time thinking of something I’d rather have for my Power Necro in the Spite line.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

From what I understand it’s just 1 condition per 3 seconds, not 1 condition per ally every 3 seconds.
As you lose 4% per second that realization made me a sad necro. Still a buff to DS uptime.

Well if you take this trait you will probably also take vital presistance so it is only 2% per second.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yami.9035

Yami.9035

What ?! fear is now a interrupt ? SERIOUSLY ?

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

They could of given a decent power necro trait in curses. But nope. Everything is disappointing.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

They could of given a decent power necro trait in curses. But nope. Everything is disappointing.

Having the additional boon stripping actually isn’t bad for a PvP Power Necro, but like Withering Precision, just seems PvP-based.

So for PvE, I see your point.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Spoj The Second.7680

Last i checked necro needed the most help in pve and wasnt too bad in pvp. Really dont understand the direction the devs are going. Also all the new stuff seems to be encouraging boring afk heal support playstyles and nerfing dps. Its depressing.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

Last i checked necro needed the most help in pve and wasnt too bad in pvp. Really dont understand the direction the devs are going. Also all the new stuff seems to be encouraging boring afk heal support playstyles and nerfing dps. Its depressing.

Well people often complain that dps is king and you can die in mere seconds, so I’m not sure that propping up alternative styles is a bad thing. Plus, necros got a very active healing hybrid trait in the new SR 13.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Godless.1857

I’m holding out hope that we will see changes to PvE itself, that will resolve the issues. Maybe making it considerably more difficult so that pure dps isn’t all the things that it currently is.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

What ?! fear is now a interrupt ? SERIOUSLY ?

Bug Fix

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Eh, ask PvP Necros around here how Necros are in PvP and they’ll probably comment on how they are subpar. Ask non-Necros how Necros are in PvP and they’ll complain about the imbalance and sustain.

The only Necros I truly feel for are high-end Fractal Necros, which I know includes you, so I’m sorry. However, DPS has been pretty insane for a while, and having supportive healing builds pop up might do interesting things to the game. I’m for it.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

I think you can now provide massive support with a 0/0/10/30/30. Or more appropriately a 0/0/2/6/6 with protection on wells, transfusion, well cooldowns and the new trait, plus the new SR 13 as well. Lots of heals there. Could put the last 2 curses for targeted wells for WvW, too. Lots of potential for a solid bunker, there. Still one that could be focused down, but more of a support bunker than we ever had before.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Spoj The Second.7680

Thing is necro dps isnt all that insane. And anets maths is completely wrong. Its going to be more than a 30% nerf to our damage (all classes).

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

I thought it was 30% damage nerf to crits? That isn’t all the dps though.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Other than parasitic contagion these strike me as very weak for grand master traits. Guess I’ll be sticking to my mesmer.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Its kinda bugging me that after this update, we will have 4 traits that affect only lifeblast, yet lifeblast is so terrible clumsy and predictable..

The idea for the Spite trait is pretty cool. I just dont understand why a healing based grandmaster trait in our power line doesn’t scale with healing power if we even get healing power for free through our minor in the same line. But i really do like the split up, 1 GM for Power, 1 for Hybrid, 1 for kinda tanky sustain attrition style..

Curses GM is okay. Can have some uses in pvp or wvw. Also a small niche use for PVE for those bosses or enemy that spam protection to increase dps.

The DM trait is not that good i guess… it scales with healing power so might be good for bunkering or high survivability in wvw combined with the new bm trait.

And the sr trait.. i think the trait itself is pretty strong but the problem is the way the lifeblast projectile works. weird angles. unless in a wvw zerg it wont hit that much allies unless they stand still for a long time.. which isnt the case in pvp at all, and maybe only in stacking scenarios in pve..

We need more torment and siphons working trough DS..

(edited by Brujeria.7536)

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Heartlust.6140

10% to crit DMG not 30

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

10% to crit DMG not 30

I know that it’s 10% to overall DPS, so since non-crits are unchanged yet part of that equation, I’m fairly certain you’re incorrect. I think maximum crit damage from a full zerker is nerfed by 30%, for a 10% overall DPS change.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I made a necro to try out dhuumfire and then they decide to nerf it. These new traits are silly, I won’t be trying any of them out.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

These traits except the SR one seem pretty interesting at the very least.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Unholy Martyr Life Force Degeneration Math*

Unholy Martyr alone (assume condition draw does not occur until after 3 seconds in DS have elapsed)

• Lose 12% Life Force through natural degen over 3 seconds (4% per second)
  • Gain 5% Life Force from Unholy Martyr at the 3 second mark.
  • Net loss of 7% Life Force over 3 seconds (compared to 12% loss if not traiting Unholy Martyr)

Unholy Martyr alone (assume condition draw occurs immediately on entering DS and then every 3 seconds thereafter)

• Lose 12% Life Force through natural degen over 3 seconds (4% per second)
  • Gain 5% Life Force from Unholy Martyr on entering DS.
  • Net loss of 2% Life Force over 3 seconds (compared to 12% loss if not traiting Unholy Martyr)

Unholy Martyr + Vital Persistence (assume condition draw does not occur until after 3 seconds in DS have elapsed)

• Lose 6% Life Force through natural degen over 3 seconds (2% per second)
  • Net loss of 1% Life Force over 3 seconds (compared to 6% loss if not traiting Unholy Martyr)

Unholy Martyr + Vital Persistence (assume condition draw occurs immediately on entering DS and then every 3 seconds thereafter)

• Lose 6% Life Force through natural degen over 3 seconds (2% per second)
  • Gain 5% Life Force from Unholy Martyr on entering DS.
  • Net gain of 4% Life Force over 3 seconds (compared to 6% loss if not traiting Unholy Martyr)

* All calculations assume the new GM Trait will draw one condition maximum every 3 seconds rather than one condition per allie every 3 seconds. Also assumes there are allies nearby with conditions to draw.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Thanks Kraag Deadsoul.2789 for doing the math. It won’t change my current staff build, but at least we will finally have an option to bunker down.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Heartlust.6140

Looks like this balance patch will try to give PvP and WvW necros some more build diversity., which is fine. Hope they will focus on our strenghtening our power in PVE next time (looking at you, axe and dagger)

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Acaro.4067

Acaro.4067

Finally the attrition class gets some attrition. I just hope they wont need as long to make Power Necro in PvP viable.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

Seems like they REALLY want us to use Death Shroud a lot. I think this may open up some new build options, though it wont really benefit my current playstyle much, or PvE at all… heh.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Seems like they REALLY want us to use Death Shroud a lot. I think this may open up some new build options, though it wont really benefit my current playstyle much, or PvE at all… heh.

While Blood Magic continues to languish. Maybe in another 19 months the vampires will finally get some love.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

My PvE Powermancer just choked on a jagged horror and died.

I’ve never understood the, “Screw ANet. Uninstalled.” mentality until this round of patching. What a joke.

Well, at least I can bunker indefinitely and dish out…well, at least I can bunker indefinitely.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

Did they make any mention of how well Renewing Blast would scale with Healing Power? I would imagine that for a 30 point investment when stability is right there, it would have to be rather hefty scaling.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mordar.4286

Mordar.4286

can anyone point me out to the notes of the rest of the classes please?

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Roe.3679

can anyone point me out to the notes of the rest of the classes please?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/210opr/ready_up_ep8_developer_livestream_notes/

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Actually just by bumping up vampiric from 25-41 and adding a 0.01 power scaling to its current 0.02, removing the on manual exit DS cd (but bumping up base to like 13 or 14) and making FITG shade (immune to forced movement and immob, stun daze fear only interrupt but dont disable, chill cripple work normally) would be massive and all of these features are in game code already, sadly on historical and npcs. If someone with dev connections could just point it out we would have viable tank and cc builds.

Either way Unholy Martyr seems like the only trait that they made with actual consideration with what necros can/cant do and what they need/dont need.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

What’s with these traits that don’t work together?

A 30 point trait that doesn’t work with the class mechanic is embarrassing. The best one of these traits is path of corruption, and then only because it frees up a skill slot in pvp.

Power necro is one of the most fun things in this game. How come it is always nerfed?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

GM traits from Ready Up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Am i the only one who finds the new traits not that bad?
Though some of the new gm traits may need a number adjustment or some swapping but it is difficult to say without testing them.