GS needs massive buff

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Basically the topic that we all know but, it still needs to be said until it changes. GS needs a massive buff in functionality. I look at how our awesomely super massive “Grave Digger” attack is basically, meh. The damage modifier isn’t even that high. Besides being the easiest attack to interrupt or dodge.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Just give it hyper armor oh wait

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jskiirawr.2473

Jskiirawr.2473

Its a pve weapon. It had any use in pvp anet would nerf it to the state its in now

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

=Greatsword=

Gravedigger – Reduce cast time to 1 second. Reduce aftercast.

Death Spiral – Add a 600 range leap and combo finisher: leap.

Grasping Darkness – Will now stop when hitting an obstruction or edge and activate the pull from that location.

=Reaper=

Soul Eater – Change trait. Reduce Greatsword skill recharge by 20%. Increase attack speed on Greatsword by 10%. Whilst wielding a Greatsword your attacks siphon health (75/60).

Decimate Defenses – Move to grandmaster in place of Reaper’s Onslaught.

Cold Shoulder – Reduce Damage taken to 7% from chilled foes. Add a damage increase of 7% to chilled foes.

Reaper’s Onslaughter – Move to master in place of Decimate Defenses.

A few ideas I have suggested before.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Greatsword is an AoE power weapon where dagger has a single or double target design. Greatsword damage scales up for crowds much more than dagger so it has to be less reliable. It is very useful in PvE, almost as good as scepter-horror-Epidemic, but falls short on range and surety of hitting, which makes it better than scepter for normal mobs but worse for major bosses with adds.

Greatsword does best when its cleave is well utilized or when a boss is being tanked by someone, or a pet, with higher toughness when Gravedigger can be used uncontested and when Reaper has help maintaining 25 might.

I think it is fine for what it does, if I remember it is a power AoE weapon, but it is definitely not at its best when not used in a crowd.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: NekoNoKoi.9137

NekoNoKoi.9137

I think GS should definitely have some sort of leap, preferably something like the warrior 3 with an evade. Would also be nice if the autoattack speed was increased, as well as the speed of Gravedigger. The damage is great, it’s just you won’t be hitting it unless the enemy isn’t very good or gets unlucky

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

I wouldn’t say “massive” but it needs a bit of love to be more widely utilized in PvP. I imagine if they ever get around to balancing conditions it may end up looking better simply in contrast.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

this wont ever happen because of thematics.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

There’s ways around that, could just increase the range to 600-900, make it a physical projectile with a small delay/tell?

Kinda like Bladetrail for Warrior, although hopefully a bit faster since bladetrail seems to be useless cause its so horribly slow you can walk out of it.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i’ve always found it immensely disappointing that anet would allow thematics to get in the way of something being efficient.
if the theme of something prevents it from being useful, then the theme is also useless.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

i’ve always found it immensely disappointing that anet would allow thematics to get in the way of something being efficient.
if the theme of something prevents it from being useful, then the theme is also useless.

To much mobility for thematically immobile and slow class. Necro have been slow from the go, reaper is actually a mobility increase over base necro.

Already have short CD leap on RS #2, if GS #3 had a leap on it similar to how guard GS does then ground speed would be too high.

It also couldn’t be a teleport because again mobility would be high and give access to z-axis movement.

Does GS need improvements? YES. Do i think it will get a leap on #3…highly unlikely.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I don’t think Greatsword is the reason Greatsword is not viable. Necromancers simply don’t have the tools that they need to be able to commit to melee effectively. Unless you want to turn Greatsword into Scrapper Hammer, changing the weapon isn’t going to change that

I think looking at Blood Magic or Death Magic would be the best ways to find ways to bring melee necromancers, and therefore greatsword reapers, into viability

Nalhadia – Kaineng

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Soul eater: when your attacks from your GS hits only single enemy, steal some health from him/her. This effects deals double damage to chilled enemies.
Chilling Nova: scales more with power.
Blighter’s Boon: increase healing you gain when draining health. When you gain a boon, also steal some health from nearby enemies.

This would make GS a viable weapon in PVP:
1) Chilling nova+Chilling victory+Reaper’s Onslaught → AOE build with GS
2) Augury of Death+Soul Eater+Blighter’s Boon → single target/bruiser build with GS

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: MintyRequiem.4958

MintyRequiem.4958

I run a highly custom MM build in sPvP using GS as my main weapon and axe or dagger (depends)/wh. I have beaten 3v1 before (great story, last guy and I ended up both downed and I got him because of leech + minions). I believe that the sword was intended as a PvE weapon OR with minions to help boost your survivability. I haven’t tried it in WvW yet but I would imagine it would be great at roaming (not at zerging not at all). If the GS got buffed, I cannot even begin to fathom how OP this build might be.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Another thing about Soul Eater is how bad it is compared to the other Greatsword traits:

Zealous Blade — Attacks with your greatsword deal extra damage and heal you. Greatsword abilities have reduced recharge.

Forceful Greatsword — Gain might on a critical hit with a greatsword or spear. Greatsword and spear skills deal more damage and recharge faster.

Two-Handed Training — Greatsword and spear damage is increased, and those skills recharge faster. Greatsword and spear attacks have a chance to grant fury on hit.

Imagined Burden — Whenever you or a clone uses Spatial Surge, you gain might. All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple. Reduces recharge time of greatsword skills.

Soul Eater — Reduces recharge on greatsword skills. Gravedigger steals health if it hits.

The other four have varied levels of strength (Forceful Greatsword being the strongest) but all have 3 added effects. Usually a skill recharge reduction, a damage buff and a bonus effect. Soul Eater only has the recharge reduction and a rather pathetic bonus effect.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

reduce the auto attack chain and change soul eater, gs would be decent if not viable

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Greatsword needs an all around numbers buff. So does Reaper Shroud #1 for a power build.

Power necro is bad because its DPS is bad.

A thief staff auto is doing double the DPS for half the cast times.

Gravedigger is just a damaging ability that doesn’t hit too much harder than a Daredevil’s Vault, but casts significantly slower and has no built in evade or leap.

Greatsword #5’s cd should be 12 seconds at most.

They need to allow signets to work in death shroud.

Replace Shivers of Dread, it’s utter garbage. Make it a 10% increased damage against chilled/crippled targets.

Shouts need revamps, they’re garbage in PvE.

Chilling Nova should do damage similar to Mug from Thieves.

Minions should scale off power/cindition damage, whichever stat is higher, with higher coefficients so our minion utilities are actually worthwhile DPS boosts instead of useless meatshields that do no damage whatsoever.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

=Greatsword=

Gravedigger – Reduce cast time to 1 second. Reduce aftercast.

Grasping Darkness – Will now stop when hitting an obstruction or edge and activate the pull from that location.

=Reaper=

Soul Eater – Change trait. Reduce Greatsword skill recharge by 20%. Increase attack speed on Greatsword by 10%. Whilst wielding a Greatsword your attacks siphon health (75/60).

Decimate Defenses – Move to grandmaster in place of Reaper’s Onslaught.

Cold Shoulder – Reduce Damage taken to 7% from chilled foes. Add a damage increase of 7% to chilled foes.

Reaper’s Onslaughter – Move to master in place of Decimate Defenses.

A few ideas I have suggested before.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Massive buff no, but a buff.

Greatsword auto needs maybe a slightly longer chill to last the entire combo or maybe faster third auto.

Gravedigger is fine

Third skill….well it builds nice life force but should be ranged with maybe a damage buff.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

GS is too slow, and short range on top of that.
For me to pick gs they would have to make the aa faster and had some leap or teleport to it.
The game is all about rotating fast, u need mobility , there is no place for GS atm in pvp.
Doesnt matter if u can 15k grave diggers, the weapon is so so slow and so short range that its not worth it.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

The Reaper’s Greatsword is not-so-great. The abilities and the damage it does need some refinement, not, “Huge” changes, but certainly ones that encourage more people to use it.

GS #1: This needs a slight tweak to either damage or attack speed, swinging the sword feels sluggish, like you’ve been swinging it for ages and it’s finally gotten to your character and your just swinging it back and forth with low-energy.
GS #2: Can we say, “Small radius”? You basically have to be toe-to-toe with someone for them to even stand a chance of getting hit, the wind up again is slow for this attack, that it needs a larger range, because beyond using it when your target is low, it really has no use pre-50%.
GS #3: This skill on the GS I feel is the closest one to being, “Ok”, it gives a good application of Vuln, and seems to be the only other useful ability other than, #5.
GS #4: Very slow, the pulses take forever, and most people will be out of it before it’s third pulse, maybe even before due to so many condi-cleanses or ways to get rid of cripple. I feel like maybe the first pulse could inflict a immob, then cripple/chill. Or a defensive boost to the Reaper, such as, “While inside the ring, gain 33% increased movement speed.”
GS #5: Another “Fine” skill, although at times it feels a bit hit-or-miss for me, it either grabs people right, or places them behind me for some reason.

All-in-all, the abilities of the GS, need reduced CD, increased speed/damage or range. Nothing too crazy, but enough so that it becomes less of a, “Niche” weapon, and more of a valuable option, besides the usual, Dagger/Warhorn + Staff…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

GS #2: Can we say, “Small radius”? You basically have to be toe-to-toe with someone for them to even stand a chance of getting hit, the wind up again is slow for this attack, that it needs a larger range, because beyond using it when your target is low, it really has no use pre-50%.

The radius is the same as the first pulse from Nightfall (170) though the animation would suggest a shorter range. Though yes I do agree it needs to be slightly faster with lower aftercast.

Attachments:

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I think Soul eater should drop the life steal from it and cause something like 3 seconds of Stability per hit. Just one stack though.. I think 5 might be a bit too good as stability is now. So if you’re spamming it you have stable stab which would be good for a more defensive set up that arena net was pushing with the first line of traits. It’d also mean it combos with Blighter’s boon.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Gravedigger is a joke when you Realize daredevil’s Vault does around the same damage, has a 3/4 cast, can be cast every 5 seconds in between their OP autoattacks (which far outDPS our massively slower ones while also being quicker and a projectile reflect).

Most importantly, Vault evades.

Gravedigger opens you for death. Virtually all the greatsword casts are slow and have huge aftercasts, which means you’re interrupting/getting interrupted a lot of the time.

Doesn’t help Shivers of Dread is absolute garbage. 2 sec chill on a 2 sec fear on a massive cd, what a joke of a minor trait.

Then look at Druid’s Natural Stride. 33% snare reduction, 33% increased movement speed when not affected by snares. Way better than the crappy adept we have.

At the very least they could make the blood traitline trait also give us 25% increased run speed with a greatsword equipped.

And RS1 needs buffing just as well, as does RS4’s power coefficients. In fact, all the RS skills’ power coefficients need buffing, I don’t get why a resource we build ends up being a DPS loss to camping greatsword.

I also don’t see the point of swapping decimate defenses with Reaper’s Onslaught, unless it’s to be paired with the Soul Eater buff.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

They could always change Relentless Pursuit. Maybe remove the Shroud part and add +25% movement speed whilst wielding a Greatsword.
As for Decimate Defenses, yeah its mainly to use in conjunction with Soul Eater. They could always move Soul Eater to 3rd tier in place of Reaper’s Onslaught, meaning you would have to take Death’s Perception (Soul Reaping) to get that +50% crit chance with RO. As you have probably guessed, I am a fan of Greatsword but not Reaper’s Shroud.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Relentless Pursuit could add a distance increase to Death’s Charge and Grasping Darkness, maybe increase range of both to 900.

Soul Eater needs help, too. I am thinking that something like “bleeds generate life force” and set the amount per stack small but significant when using a scepter build.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Soul Eater needs help, too. I am thinking that something like “bleeds generate life force” and set the amount per stack small but significant when using a scepter build.

No more buffs to condi necro please. It already kittens on power necro enough as it is.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

No more buffs to condi necro please. It already kittens on power necro enough as it is.

True, corruption Necromancer is Meta-necro in PvP and raids. Necromancer could use a buff that only improves condition spike damage but may tone down bleed stacking so it is not so lax versus mobs with low health.

Condition damage is lame in roaming – very lame.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

True, corruption Necromancer is Meta-necro in PvP and raids. Necromancer could use a buff that only improves condition spike damage but may tone down bleed stacking so it is not so lax versus mobs with low health.

So is power anyways.

Necromancer is a pathetic roaming class for obvious reasons, and more damage to condi is not gonna fix that.

I mean, I don’t see the point of a necro other than for boon corruption in pvp.

Power necro is just a warrior with slower animations, less damage/spike/cc, and crappier defenses.

Condi necro is just an epidemic bot, otherwise engineer is better for every other need.

They made this class have no cc, no teleports, crappy stunbreaks, no vigor, no stability outside death shroud.

For what? Chill? Thieves are immune to chill, and every other class cleanses it in spades.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Power necro is just a warrior with slower animations, less damage/spike/cc, and crappier defenses.

It doesn’t help that Warrior’s can gain double the damage modifiers the Necros can have. Currently Necros have the second lowest damage modifier total (Mesmer being the lowest). Additionally Reaper is one of two Elite Specs that didn’t receive any damage modifier traits (no surprises that Chonomancer is the other one).
Edit: so much for us being the selfish DPS class.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I tried slapping on my full zerker gear on my necro again last night in WvW. Ran into a zerker warrior with greatsword/axe. I also had greatsword/axe.

Yeah, I didn’t stand a chance lmfao. Even if I had played 100% perfectly, literally everything is skewed in the warriors favour. Even their “when you reach 50% health” trait is better – they get endure pain (used to be 25% health, power creep Anet plz).

Nothing new. Necromancers greatsword is too slow and has too little mobility. Good luck trying to fight a thief as well as a zerker necro lol. Headshot Headshot Headshot Headshot

I don’t have much issue with axe main-hand as I feel is has decent burst with the right setup but our focus skills are total kittening trash as is our greatsword. Some of our traits need to change too.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Erasmus.1624

I tried slapping on my full zerker gear on my necro again last night in WvW. Ran into a zerker warrior with greatsword/axe. I also had greatsword/axe.

Yeah, I didn’t stand a chance lmfao. Even if I had played 100% perfectly, literally everything is skewed in the warriors favour. Even their “when you reach 50% health” trait is better – they get endure pain (used to be 25% health, power creep Anet plz).

Nothing new. Necromancers greatsword is too slow and has too little mobility. Good luck trying to fight a thief as well as a zerker necro lol. Headshot Headshot Headshot Headshot

I don’t have much issue with axe main-hand as I feel is has decent burst with the right setup but our focus skills are total kittening trash as is our greatsword. Some of our traits need to change too.

Your issues aren’t so much necromancer being underpowered as it is “direct damage underperforms against players” and “class balance across the board is completely borked.” The whole game needs a great big nerf to invulnerability-to-damage/effects spam and passive triggers which play the game for people. Instead, everyone just asks for more and more of it so their class is “better.”

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Your issues aren’t so much necromancer being underpowered as it is “direct damage underperforms against players” and “class balance across the board is completely borked.” The whole game needs a great big nerf to invulnerability-to-damage/effects spam and passive triggers which play the game for people. Instead, everyone just asks for more and more of it so their class is “better.”

It’s not just the invulnerability.

It’s the fact their autoattacks and weaponskills hit significantly harder, hit significantly faster, their tratilines aren’t horrendous gimmicks, and their utilities are not weak.

If you think that they will nerf all classes one by one to create parity when they can’t even buff a simple one, you’re delusional.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

No buffs please

Scrap and start from scratch again

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Erasmus.1624

It’s the fact their autoattacks and weaponskills hit significantly harder, hit significantly faster, their tratilines aren’t horrendous gimmicks, and their utilities are not weak.

If you think that they will nerf all classes one by one to create parity when they can’t even buff a simple one, you’re delusional.

The problem with GW2 is the playerbase (and anet too) still thinks that some things need a buff. Nothing in GW2 needs a buff, and most everything either needs a nerf or outright removal. “Instant and off-cooldown” does not provide room for proper counterplay, and that’s the only direction this game has been moving since Day 1. There’s something to be said when the average autoattack speed going from GW1 to GW2 has devolved from ~1.33s to roughly 0.5s.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

The problem with GW2 is the playerbase (and anet too) still thinks that some things need a buff. Nothing in GW2 needs a buff, and most everything either needs a nerf or outright removal. “Instant and off-cooldown” does not provide room for proper counterplay, and that’s the only direction this game has been moving since Day 1. There’s something to be said when the average autoattack speed going from GW1 to GW2 has devolved from ~1.33s to roughly 0.5s.

So, no constructive feedback, got it. Just more reminiscing of GW1 which has a snowball’s chance in hell of being reproduced in GW2.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Unfortunately it is far easier to moan about what is wrong than to suggest things to make it better. However I would agree getting rid of all those nasty instant traits (enemy suffers from x when you stun you etc.)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Warriors need to be squishier but they cry about dieing when they are doing more damage than anyone else. Other professions do the same.

Condi Necro meta keeps setting the bar versus power builds. I wish Arenanet would balance build vs build. Being forced to play corruption conditions just because Necro is good at it… orz. (T_T)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Erasmus.1624

So, no constructive feedback, got it. Just more reminiscing of GW1 which has a snowball’s chance in hell of being reproduced in GW2.

Don’t be like that. You know what I’m saying is true. You can’t balance things as they approach closer and closer to instant while also being on demand if they’re off cooldown. Instead of the game being about timing and positioning, it’s about cooldowns and twitching with passives that carry the rest.

If you want things to be “balanced” GW2 in its entirety needs a fat nerf to action speed, AoE size and a general restructuring of the role passive triggers play in combat. I’m not being specific, because that would mean going directly in and reworking the overpowered garbage with a concrete replacement. Every time that happens, everyone cries about not having a huge crutch anymore. They all think in a vacuum because they can’t imagine their own class remade into a fair player in a balanced game alongside other classes remade in the same way.

It’s a stretch because it’s so expansive in scope, and if actually written out would just bring a lot of whining and crying out of the woodwork. Don’t ask for your “constructive criticism” if you aren’t prepared to not cry about what the game would look like if GW2 combat were actually made into a fair game.

(edited by Erasmus.1624)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Gw1 was hardly a balanced game though. Maybe when only prophecies existed but after that it spiraled out of control.

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Zenith.7301

Don’t be like that. You know what I’m saying is true. You can’t balance things as they approach closer and closer to instant while also being on demand if they’re off cooldown. Instead of the game being about timing and positioning, it’s about cooldowns and twitching with passives that carry the rest.

If you want things to be “balanced” GW2 in its entirety needs a fat nerf to action speed, AoE size and a general restructuring of the role passive triggers play in combat. I’m not being specific, because that would mean going directly in and reworking the overpowered garbage with a concrete replacement. Every time that happens, everyone cries about not having a huge crutch anymore. They all think in a vacuum because they can’t imagine their own class remade into a fair player in a balanced game alongside other classes remade in the same way.

It’s a stretch because it’s so expansive in scope, and if actually written out would just bring a lot of whining and crying out of the woodwork. Don’t ask for your “constructive criticism” if you aren’t prepared to not cry about what the game would look like if GW2 combat were actually made into a fair game.

I’m complaining about your feedback because it is utterly clueless given the development practices.

We spent like 3 weeks complaining when reaper came out that Greatsword 5 wasn’t even functioning on moving targets or on most terrain, and look at what happened. No changes to greatsword 5 came out during the beta period.

No changes to the garbage traits like Shivers of Dread (2 sec chill tied to a 2 sec fear on a humongous cd as a minor trait, that is utterly useless in PvE because they made CC/debuffs useless with the breakbar).

No changes to reaper shouts, which outside Rise almost nobody uses.

It took them 3 godkitten years to increase the range from mainhand axe from 600 to 900, and it’s still a terrible weapon with terrible damage and virtually no utility.

Dagger is still bad. Greatsword is still bad after almost a year of showing it’s a deficient DPS weapon in PvE. Reaper Shroud #1 is a DPS loss to camping greatsword autoattacks, which is absurd given it’s a resource based attack you need to build up, making Reaper’s Onslaught grandmaster like all our other grandmasters in PvE useless.

They can’t even fix our minions and their buggy AI after 3 years, they can’t fix wells or make corruptions interesting like GW1.

But somehow you expect them to nerf/revamp the entire row of classes when their balance patches happen every 6 months and amount to merely tooltip changes and a couple of miserly tweaks?

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

What do you guys think of this change to Soul Eater? (Let’s be real, the siphon was just thrown in there because they didn’t know what else to do)

Greatsword skill recharge 20% faster
Greatsword skills have a 50% increased critical hit chance against chilled foes.

Works well for quite a few reasons but my main driving factor is hydromancy sigil + sigil of agility (quickness) weapon swapping to greatsword and then using gravedigger = yes plz.

Other than that, it will work for the auto attacks (which still need adjustment) grasping darkness, it could help spectral grasp to suck less if its tracking also gets fixed… etc.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Erasmus.1624

But somehow you expect them to nerf/revamp the entire row of classes when their balance patches happen every 6 months and amount to merely tooltip changes and a couple of miserly tweaks?

If you’re going to just cry about GW2’s glaring flaws (facts with which everyone is very familiar), then you might as well not post anything at all. Either accept the fact that anet isn’t good at balancing and be quiet or go out of your way to verbalize an alternative that is above their level. Envision the game that isn’t bad or just go along for the ride.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

I’m complaining about your feedback because it is utterly clueless given the development practices.

Can we please just talk about GS and Reaper and not about this stuff?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

What do you guys think of this change to Soul Eater? (Let’s be real, the siphon was just thrown in there because they didn’t know what else to do)

Greatsword skill recharge 20% faster
Greatsword skills have a 50% increased critical hit chance against chilled foes.

Works well for quite a few reasons but my main driving factor is hydromancy sigil + sigil of agility (quickness) weapon swapping to greatsword and then using gravedigger = yes plz.

Other than that, it will work for the auto attacks (which still need adjustment) grasping darkness, it could help spectral grasp to suck less if its tracking also gets fixed… etc.

That doesn’t address the main issue with Reaper Greatsword though, which is how slow it is.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

That doesn’t address the main issue with Reaper Greatsword though, which is how slow it is.

A thing we have to keep in mind about reaper greatsword’s speed (or lack thereof) is that it isn’t an ‘issue’, it’s an explicit feature of the weapon. It’s supposed to be heavy and slow, and that has drawbacks and advantages. I’m somewhat disinclined to believe that ANet will really want to strip what is supposed to be the defining feature of the weapon.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

A thing we have to keep in mind about reaper greatsword’s speed (or lack thereof) is that it isn’t an ‘issue’, it’s an explicit feature of the weapon. It’s supposed to be heavy and slow, and that has drawbacks and advantages. I’m somewhat disinclined to believe that ANet will really want to strip what is supposed to be the defining feature of the weapon.

The drawbacks far outweigh the advantages though. Also consider that the only place this weapon has any real strength is in Open world pve, and it doesn’t really matter what you bring there.
To quote Lightsbane.9012:

(edited by Lahmia.2193)

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

The drawbacks far outweigh the advantages though. Also consider that the only place this weapon has any real strength is in Open world pve, and it doesn’t really matter what you bring there.
To quote Lightsbane.9012:

+500 been saying the same thing for over 3 years, for gs to be anny effective it need the horrendous afterscast and castime reduced damage wise the wep is ok

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Greatsword was designed to be Necromancer’s power-cleave in PvE. Don’t expect it to be good in all game modes. It is best for spinning until you get dizzy and slowly working break bars with chill and claws.

GS needs massive buff

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Greatsword was designed to be Necromancer’s power-cleave in PvE. Don’t expect it to be good in all game modes. It is best for spinning until you get dizzy and slowly working break bars with chill and claws.

There’s a difference between being good in all game modes and being usable in all game modes. And even in pve, it’s not that great. I mean Dagger auto attack damage is higher than Greatsword which is just embarrassing. Anyone that thinks Reaper Greatsword is in a good place at the moment is just kidding themselves.