Greatsword should be another weapon for necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Evo.2319

Evo.2319

Hello everyone i would like to show you my vision about greatsword for necromancer

Wearing GS should remind you of God of Death called Grenth why?
Like now staff is becoming black scythe that gs should become huge black sword and now more important stuff like skills
1-5

1 -> Classic auto-attack applying poison or bleeding effect 25% chance also vulnerability – 10% chance ( Crit adds additional 10% chance to apply effect)

2 – Death Pool aoe what will deal damage / and bonus damage if target have any condition or aoe nuke what will remove conditions from opponents but every of it will deal bonus damage

3 – Death Scream – Dealing damage and dazing near opponents and slowing them for next 3s ( 30s cd)

4 – Empowering Death Weapon – And here i couldn’t decide if 100% of chance to summon minions ( max 5 of them) or for 15-20? seconds chance to summon a minion on hit they will stay at least for 10 seconds

Depends what armor shard is activated those minions will
SoP – deal bonus damage to moving targets
SoB – healing if they hit a target ( balanced amounts .. )
SoBone – they block next attack but for cost of their life

5 – Death Shads -> What is that? Armor similar to plate in around 50% transparent colored in dark green /red / white / tone
How it will work ?
3 Options everytime you click button “5” necromancer armor will change for

Shard of Pain – Armor is increasing your Damage and Precision

Shard of Blood – Armor is increasing your Vitality , Healing Power and health regeneration

Shard of Bone – Armor is Increasing your Toughness and giving you ability to block attack every 5 seconds.

So this is my vision i think that every class in Gw2 have specific ways of gameplay thats why making more special necromancer is welcome tell me what you think or maybe what should be changed also remember that set of skills must be balanced necro shouldn’t be OP with gs it should just give players another way to play and think while doing PvP and new weapon should fit to those weapons what we have to make extreme swap combos

(edited by Evo.2319)

in Necromancer

Evo.2319

bump for great justice!

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Id rather have a two handed hammer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mafipulater.1285

mafipulater.1285

Everyone wants greatswords, despite the fact that four other professions already use them, and completely disregarding all flavor issues! Heck, why not give thieves greatswords too? Nevermind how they can remain stealthy while wielding one. And don’t forget about the engineers – just throw a couple cogs on the side and voila! Flavor issues, no more.

While we’re at it, let’s just get rid of all the other weapons and replace them with greatswords. That way, every player can truly feel like they are in one of their terrible ~japanese animes~ so they can have all of the bankais, all the time.

(edited by mafipulater.1285)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Interesting suggestion, but I would suggest stop your fantasies – necromancer is a forgotten class, with countless bugs, and adding your great sword would actually mean that more then conditionmancer is viable in pvp, and that is just not what devs planned for our profession.

Also I think your ability #5 is a bit too overpowered. Also #4 is just insane, why should we get summons from weapons, that is for mesmers, we need to use all our utilities to create minions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

greatsword on a caster just grates on my nerves. Jesus, fix axe, and create a scythe like blade on a short handle and I am happier than running a greatsword. 2 weapons gives a chance for 2 sigils anyways. Staff is the only 2 handed weapon I care about.

I say just up the kitten axe damage and you will make a lot of necros happy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

Greataxe would make more sense seeing as we can already wield axes. Just have to wait for them to implement them. Also it would be nice to have a 2h weapon that focuses on power builds, Staff is fine for now but focuses more on support than direct damage.

(edited by Vex.7486)

in Necromancer

Evo.2319

“Everyone wants greatswords,”

Because they are already implemented in game also those weapons are made to deal biggest damage

" despite the fact that four other professions already use them, and completely disregarding all flavor issues! "

More problematic can be adding new weapon special for necromancer

“Heck, why not give thieves greatswords too? Nevermind how they can remain stealthy while wielding one. And don’t forget about the engineers – just throw a couple cogs on the side and voila! Flavor issues, no more.

While we’re at it, let’s just get rid of all the other weapons and replace them with greatswords. That way, every player can truly feel like they are in one of their terrible ~japanese animes~ so they can have all of the bankais, all the time. "

Sorry i have no idea what “bankai” mean Gs is just already in game thats why we should use him new weapons should be added for everyone in expns pack

in Necromancer

Evo.2319

Interesting suggestion, but I would suggest stop your fantasies – necromancer is a forgotten class, with countless bugs, and adding your great sword would actually mean that more then conditionmancer is viable in pvp, and that is just not what devs planned for our profession.

Also I think your ability #5 is a bit too overpowered. Also #4 is just insane, why should we get summons from weapons, that is for mesmers, we need to use all our utilities to create minions.

Well but it doesnt mean that necromancer must be forgotten class or bugged also condi is a way for necromancer its something diffrent that pure damage and you have to think while playing remember that necromancer is using tg in condi builds and he lacks in burst damage that GS idea is fixing that about op skills we talk here about Light Armor class what in this vision will fight in mele image Light armor with some buffs like block vs Heavy Armor and summoning new add’s well it isnt all about MM build Gw2 is more PVP than PvE at least atm

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

I would suggest using punctuation more, because it is not very easy to read a 7 lined sentence.

I have to agree, that necromancer lacks a pure burst build, although full power build with dagger*focus/axe*warhorn or dagger does a pretty decent dmg, since you can stack vuln. on enemies very fast (focus and well = ~15 stacks in few seconds). The greatswords 5 ability is in my opinion overpowered, since blocking every 5 sec + added toughness + deatshroud would create a huge defense capabilities, not to mention when stacking utility skills like wells/armor with the 2nd option that adds healing and regeneration.

in Necromancer

Posted by: shizo.5698

shizo.5698

as a condition necro I will come over and slap you every time you use #2

in Necromancer

Evo.2319

I would suggest using punctuation more, because it is not very easy to read a 7 lined sentence.

I have to agree, that necromancer lacks a pure burst build, although full power build with dagger*focus/axe*warhorn or dagger does a pretty decent dmg, since you can stack vuln. on enemies very fast (focus and well = ~15 stacks in few seconds). The greatswords 5 ability is in my opinion overpowered, since blocking every 5 sec + added toughness + deatshroud would create a huge defense capabilities, not to mention when stacking utility skills like wells/armor with the 2nd option that adds healing and regeneration.

Light armor with Tg =/= Heavy armor with Tg thats why i wont be that heavy bunker like guardian also thing about tg buff with balanced values

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

Oh… it’s THIS thread again. Still not having it.

People are getting way too hung up on these big blade things, and people on this board seem too adamantly refuse to accept the fact that we are not the sword wielding caster class. That is the domain of the Mesmer, and being a GW1 player, I thoroughly applaud Anet for taking that step with the class. This coming from a long time Necro player in GW1 as well. I like the themes on weapons that Anet has given to Necros. Do I like all the skills on them, nah, they’re not all my style of play but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the fluffy themes they got going (despite me being an apparent minority in this case). Is there room for new weapons? Definitely! I’m genuinely curious as to how Anet will move this class forward with expansions in weapon selection.

Also because sadly I got sucked into Bleach way back because it reminded me of Dragonball… only with Swords and stuff. Bankai is Bleach’s version of Super Saiyan. Only instead of bleaching their hair, their sword goes all awesome, usually giant poison spewing babies or bone cobras or on the rare occasion a cloud of cherry blossoms.

What Mafipulator is getting at is that this “need” for Greatswords seems to be more a need that everyone wants Twilight, Sunrise, or Eternity on their main, regardless of class because gosh darnit they’re cool looking enough that people don’t care if greatswords completely break the theme of the class that Anet is trying to create.

And on a separate point altogether…

Also these kinds of posts are getting more and more tiresome on this board. Especially after we had two very Dev heavy threads with back and forths from 3 different Devs. To continue spouting this rubbish is just a flagrant attempt to stir up yet more needless pessimism on these boards. What’s worse, I keep seeing the same offenders over and over again trying to shoot down every single new build that people try to get a theorycrafting discussion going with the same tired arguments. The worst part is these were the same people just last week saying “All we want is Communication from the Devs” who then turned around and said “NOPE! Don’t believe you” the minute they got the communication they craved. Please give it a rest until at LEAST the next patch, because I find my activity on the Necro forums to be a fraction of what it used to be. So for at least a week or something, can this comunity at least put the effort to be constructive and not “We suck, Devs hate us, blah blah blah”?[/tangent]

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

greatsword on a caster just grates on my nerves. Jesus, fix axe, and create a scythe like blade on a short handle and I am happier than running a greatsword. 2 weapons gives a chance for 2 sigils anyways. Staff is the only 2 handed weapon I care about.

+1

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Evo.2319

i get ur point but why not to brake those mage stereotypic about them?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anathem.5760

Anathem.5760

Greatsword would be very nice idea. I think we need weapon which would complement other weapons. And this would be a way how add some useful traits because most of them are very lame (if we compare to other classes). Skills:
1. Something based on crit chance and life force gaining . I liked Evo’s idea.
2. Some sort of " condition finisher"(like feast of coruption). Again I liked Evo’s idea for this one.
3. Life stealing maybe based on conditions.
4. Protection or combat escaping skill. I think we miss this kind of skills.
5. Fear skill. Come on ArenaNnet, we have weakest fear but should have the best

(edited by Anathem.5760)

in Necromancer

Anathem.5760

And Trahearne is a Necromancer. And he has a greatsword :P

in Necromancer

Ratphink.4751

And Caladbolg has nothing even remotely Necromancer-esque about it. In fact, you could argue it’s more a Sylvari Race weapon than an sort of Class Weapon. So I’d hardly call it a valid argument for Necromancers getting Greatswords, because you may as well just say “Well Trehearne wields a Greatsword, so why can’t all Sylvari wield greatswords!” (Also please don’t say this… ;__;)

in Necromancer

Anathem.5760

And Caladbolg has nothing even remotely Necromancer-esque about it. In fact, you could argue it’s more a Sylvari Race weapon than an sort of Class Weapon. So I’d hardly call it a valid argument for Necromancers getting Greatswords, because you may as well just say “Well Trehearne wields a Greatsword, so why can’t all Sylvari wield greatswords!” (Also please don’t say this… ;__;)

I’m just saying that there is nothing wrong about that the necro could wield greatsword

in Necromancer

Ratphink.4751

I’m just saying that there is nothing wrong about that the necro could wield greatsword

At the end of the day, it really comes down to our personal opinions on the matter, as well as Anets ultimate decision. I respect the fact that you think it could fit, I however think it really doesn’t have any thematic footing to be in a necros hands. I think we’ll both have to agree to disagree here. :P

The entire topic of ‘what weapons fit which classs’ is about as subjective as it gets I suppose. Not that it invalidates this entire discussion, I think I’m just cranky that this topic is getting another thread discussing it when the last one was made only 2 days ago and is on the front page still.

EDIT: Made the link word another so it read another another instead of another thread because I dun derped.

(edited by Ratphink.4751)

in Necromancer

Posted by: mafipulater.1285

mafipulater.1285

Ratphink

What Mafipulator is getting at is that this “need” for Greatswords seems to be more a need that everyone wants Twilight, Sunrise, or Eternity on their main, regardless of class because gosh darnit they’re cool looking enough that people don’t care if greatswords completely break the theme of the class that Anet is trying to create.

Exactly. Thematically, I don’t think greatsword-wielding necromancers is what Anet is going for (aside from Trahearne, who I also think is incredibly silly). This isn’t Bleach, where everyone is running around wielding giant swords doing stupid over-the-top anime crap. And it shouldn’t be.

I don’t want this game to turn into “Greatsword Wars 2”. If necromancers are going to get a new weapon in a future expansion, I would really, really hope it’s not a greatsword. Greatswords already get a lot of love from other classes – so why not let a less popular weapon (maybe mace, maybe hammer?) take the spotlight for a change?