Greatsword vs Dagger for Power Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I’ve been looking to see if anyone has run the numbers for the Greatsword and Dagger/x to directly compare their performance but Google has failed me. Anyone know if this has been done yet and, if so, where I can find it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

DPS? Dagger.
Burst? GS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Target >50% HP -> Dagger
Target <50% HP -> GS

But I mostly keep on using my Dagger for the entire fight. Dagger is too much love <3

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

(edited by Cerbeius.7129)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Target >50% HP -> Dagger
Target <50% HP -> GS

But I mostly keep on using my Dagger for the entire fight. Dagger is too much love <3

Seriously you people need to stop spreading this misinformation.

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Target >50% HP -> Dagger
Target <50% HP -> GS

What’s great is I think they are basing it off of your info from the betas.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Target >50% HP -> Dagger
Target <50% HP -> GS

Optmal is an odd rotation between both and shroud. If its one or the other then GS>Dagger/horn or focus above and below 50% espriclaly when taking deathly chill.

Also not sure some people know but deaths charge is actually a great DPS boost when used right since it attempts to do 7-9 small strikes alongside the one big. one.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Target >50% HP -> Dagger
Target <50% HP -> GS

I dont think i ever made conclusive statements during beta. Other people were doing that. I provided some numbers saying greatsword needs to be buffed because it wasnt that strong. I dont believe i did any direct comparisons other than for the auto attack (but that doesnt mean anything because greatsword has other skills and i never expected it to have a better auto-attack than dagger). And it was buffed during the next beta anyway. So yeah…. :/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

Basically what I’m seeing is that there isn’t a huge difference between the two weapons overall outside of Life Force generation.

While I really like the feel of the Greatsword, I’ve started using Dagger/Focus (in PvE) so that I can use Quickening Thirst instead of Signet of the Locust, since I use Blood in my build for the extra support from Vampiric Presence and Transfusion anyway.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ziart.7309

Ziart.7309

Basically what I’m seeing is that there isn’t a huge difference between the two weapons overall outside of Life Force generation.

While I really like the feel of the Greatsword, I’ve started using Dagger/Focus (in PvE) so that I can use Quickening Thirst instead of Signet of the Locust, since I use Blood in my build for the extra support from Vampiric Presence and Transfusion anyway.

Please, you can put your build to try it?
Thank you.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

You can use both. :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I like both, but I have a preference for the greatsword. I think it could do with a slight gently bigger hit range for as slow as it is, but I like its utility and life force generation.

For a while, I ran with both, but now I alternate depending on what I need at any given moment.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I do prefer GS over dagger for PvP environments in that I think skills 4 and 5 are amazing and offer the reaper tons of utility not found elsewhere.

Grinding away bosses PvE, though, both are very good to have equipped. The dagger’s damage is much higher when the boss is under 50%, but once you can start spamming gravedigger, the DPS is competitive and from my experience, favoring the GS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Target >50% HP -> Dagger
Target <50% HP -> GS

I dont think i ever made conclusive statements during beta. Other people were doing that. I provided some numbers saying greatsword needs to be buffed because it wasnt that strong. I dont believe i did any direct comparisons other than for the auto attack (but that doesnt mean anything because greatsword has other skills and i never expected it to have a better auto-attack than dagger). And it was buffed during the next beta anyway. So yeah…. :/

Haha, I just meant back when you did some quick math on the coef/s of the two and everyone started interpreting that. At least, I thought that was you. If not, my bad! The outlash from that is partially responsible for getting the GS buffed, which I am more than happy to see.

Alright meow, where were we?