Halloween Patch and Necros

in Necromancer

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

Thoughts?

I am still a bit disappointed in the state of the class, but I think with nerfs other classes are taking we are in a better spot after this patch.

Interested to see if the + damage on downed state helps at all.

Thoughts?

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

So they fixed two skills to remove aegis rather than be blocked by it, reworked our down skills some (dark combo, yay…), and played around some more with spectral walk. I am getting the impression that the vampiric traits are meant to be as lackluster as they are.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kirika.9120

Kirika.9120

Well, I actually quit the game, but now I think it’s time to give my necro another chance.
Fetid ground gonna rule, if you use it properly ofc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

yeah, this is pretty kittened up.
when they continue to fix our bugs at this rate, maybe we can enjoy a mostly bug-free necromancer in 2015.
but worse than the fact that they fixed almost nothing in this big patch is that theres absolutely no statement about why exactly they barely do anything.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

Hey at least you guys got mentioned in the patch notes Rangers got nothing. But yea I feel your pain.

Want to give yourself more pain. Go read the Warrior changes Now they can get to pawn faster then ever.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ebs.6280

Ebs.6280

Why are people upset over the state of the Necromancer? We have some of the best and most interesting utilities ingame. We can choose from corruptions, wells and signets which are all quite good. Staff is one of the best AOE pressure (the best?) weapons ingame and scepter and daggers make for a good second set. Only axe is really in the gutter right now but what profession doesn’t have 1 (or several) weapons that don’t seem viable?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stenc.1394

Stenc.1394

Based on bugs fix count and nerfs we are one of the class that has almost no problems. Look at the ele, they got 21 fixes!
Why do you all complain all the time?

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

@ebs:
because of all the traits and skills i would love to use, but are bugged or just plain bad.

Just look into the Necro-bug-thread.

Some examples for bad trait stuff:
-Reanimator: so far the only trait i encountered that is worse than not having a minor trait there at all.
-transfusion: doesnt scale with healing
-deathly invigoration: horribly low heal
-vampiric: ridiculously low lifesteal
-wells can heal enemies
and so on…

and then theres the DS:
-the auto-attack is a bit slow and for conditionmancers, it is useless
-dark path: looong cast time, easy to dodge/etc.
-life transfer: again, useless for conditionmancers
-you dont see boons/conditions while in DS
-the fact that an explanation how the DS-mechanic works in detail is almost non-existant (but thats a rather common gw2-problem)
-the horrible underwater-version of DS

the mainhand dagger got some issues aswell:
-#2 doesnt do that much
-#3: a single immobilize, nothing more and thats just boring, try to compare it to similar skills that other classes have. if that wouldve been a guardian-skill im sure it would be AoE, heal your allies, damage everything around the target, burn or blind them aswell, lets you fart rainbows for 10 secs. etc.etc.
-no mobility. every single melee weapon-set in the game got some sort of gap-closer. except for the necro-dagger.

and not to mention the stupid minions…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

Spectral walk nerf has pretty much completely taken away necro’s ability to roam, I did call that this would get fixed before any of the negative bugs and I was of course right.

It also created a brand new bug for necros!! (hands up if anyone is surprised) If you remove the skill from your bar while it’s in the secondary activation stage it removes any effect you gained from it, swift/LF buff…this also removes any swiftness you had on you before, i cannot imagine this is intentional. Doubt it’ll ever get fixed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

yeah.. no one significant fix.. we have one build-… fix it at least!!
cannot speacking about MM.. i hoped with next patch ( this one) they’ll fix important bugs..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Serapita.9145

Serapita.9145

What get me the most in this patch was this

“Mesmer
Scepter Skills: Projectile skills for the scepter have had their velocity increased by 33%.”

What about our super slow staff projectile?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ignicity.7938

Ignicity.7938

What get me the most in this patch was this

“Mesmer
Scepter Skills: Projectile skills for the scepter have had their velocity increased by 33%.”

What about our super slow staff projectile?

You mean the projectile I cast, and then overtake as I run towards the target?

Nah… working as intended :p

\ig-nis-i-tee\
Ignicity – 80 Necromancer
Unreal Aussies [uA] – Isle of Janthir

in Necromancer

Posted by: possante.8310

possante.8310

staff auto atack is just a cosmetic skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Very disappointing. Very.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I’m almost done with my necromancer until Anet fixes some of our disgusting bugs. If I happen to get items for him, woop de do.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

(edited by striker.3704)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

I think it is good that they do not knee-jerk reaction and take smaller steps to balance the game out. However, those small steps are too small.

Actually only the condition spec can perform well in pvp. Power…still lacks either dps or range imo.

Minions…oh well, everyone knows this spec’s problems.

At this point I am really wondering if A-Net has a coder skilled enough to produce a working minion AI. That’s the only logical reason why this topic is neither mentioned nor the AI tried to fixed.

For me it is too little too late. On Friday I can play King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North which means a long break from GW2. Maybe I give it a shot some months down the road if there is an active community still left.

““Mesmer
Scepter Skills: Projectile skills for the scepter have had their velocity increased by 33%.””

This disgusted me honestly considering the speed of staff 1’s projectile.

This also makes me wonder if the corrupt boon fix was only made because mesmers suffered the same problem and were blocked by Aegis .)

(edited by Asmodean.5820)

in Necromancer

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Hey be thankful! We Rangers got NOTHING!.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swadow.6213

Swadow.6213

Hey dont forget that they also changed the descriptions of Plague and Lich Form. Now they actually state that using them will kill all minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

Staff projectiles are ridiculously slow for every profession that can use it (ok not guardians but their attack isn’t a projectile), and on top of that, elementalist staff projectiles have a big chance to not hit at all because of a bug. Imo staff projectiles need an across-the-board speed increase because it’s just silly at this point.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Boogiepophantom.3041

Boogiepophantom.3041

@mr lee rangers dont need much compared to the bugs of the necro rangers are up there with guards and thieves

in Necromancer

QSpec.4298

@Asmodean

I agree. I don’t want sweeping changes that would break the game. What we do need is communication. We aren’t getting it. The closest we got to “necro’s need fixing” was the part of his balance post that said something like “if your class was not mentioned here, worry not, that doesn’t mean anything.”

The reason this patch is so annoying is because it was a two week patch. We are still in a pretty bad place bug-wise, trait-wise, and option-wise. When they forgo a patch, I think we expect a little more love than two bug fixes and a minor downed state buff (which I am glad to see, but will honestly help very little).

PS I do feel for you rangers. Assuming a patch next Sunday/Monday, you’ll have gone 3 weeks without a single bug fix… ouch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Archmagel.1350

Archmagel.1350

@ QSpec
I feel for them as well, but at least they have gotten a dev reply… https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-update/first#post513272

Fort Aspenwood~ Archmage Logan(80 Necro)
(“Big Hat”)Praise the Sun!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

“While we work hard to keep updates going on all professions, not very build us going to contain fixes for everyone due to the nature of software development. One problem with rangers is the lack of build diversity created by a number of sub par utility skills.”

Oh yes, luckily necromancers don’t have the same issues as Rangers which Jon Peters outlines here.

Our power builds rock the boat. Their insane dps and range are just cool to play. The minion spec makes for diverse gameplay and it is great to position my minions tactically so they can rip opponents apart while they sustain quite some damage and regenerate after they’ve done their job.

I could go on but I need to log in and try another spec .)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Craiger.8579

Craiger.8579

I think they are working on fixing Necros…. They can’t have missed how broken we are…. That’s probably why it’s not fixed yet, cause it’s a big fix that is needed….

Maybe we will see some fixing next patch, together with the Ranger…

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Spectral walk nerf has pretty much completely taken away necro’s ability to roam, I did call that this would get fixed before any of the negative bugs and I was of course right.

It also created a brand new bug for necros!! (hands up if anyone is surprised) If you remove the skill from your bar while it’s in the secondary activation stage it removes any effect you gained from it, swift/LF buff…this also removes any swiftness you had on you before, i cannot imagine this is intentional. Doubt it’ll ever get fixed.

that’s not a bug. that was a deliberate fix. says exactly that in the notes.

anyway, is it really a big deal to keep a Tun Break + LF boost + Swiftness on your bar?

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

hackks.3687

I think they are working on fixing Necros…. They can’t have missed how broken we are…. That’s probably why it’s not fixed yet, cause it’s a big fix that is needed….

Maybe we will see some fixing next patch, together with the Ranger…

every class is “broken” at the moment. My Corrupt Boon is no longer getting blocked by Aegis and I’m melting guardians again. that’s enough for me from this patch.

fixes will be coming in iterations. don’t expect a “big fix”

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shukaku.6287

Shukaku.6287

2 weeks.. meh
i can see what’s coming. Next update…(1 month)
necromancer:
staff #1: asp lowered by 33%.. lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

anyway, is it really a big deal to keep a Tun Break + LF boost + Swiftness on your bar?

Yes, because you need the swiftness for roaming, whereas you need the stun break and LF in team fights, so you lose one of the skills functions. Not to mention how important the 3 utility slots for a necro, when I play other classes I feel comfortable changing up almost all the slots, but with necro it’s a very different situation…

in Necromancer

hackks.3687

Yes, because you need the swiftness for roaming, whereas you need the stun break and LF in team fights, so you lose one of the skills functions. Not to mention how important the 3 utility slots for a necro, when I play other classes I feel comfortable changing up almost all the slots, but with necro it’s a very different situation…

Are you just complaining for the sake of complaining? Seems awfully silly to complain about something being fixed to work as intended. maybe don’t practice so hard at working broken mechanics into your game play? You know they’re going to get fixed.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alekto.8297

Alekto.8297

Hi guys,
Well i can handle most of 1vs1 with my necro, so i won’t whine around I just like necros, but i would mention how boring it is to play a quasi-full-bugged traits profession… Necros could be SO SO SO … PERFECT without this mess!
Regards

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rizach.4852

Rizach.4852

Rangers pet’s cant be killed in pvp. Nuff said.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

I would’ve preferred a fixed class than anything I’ve seen for Halloween. Work so hard to put out fluff that’s going to be gone in a few weeks or permanently fix a class? Hhhmmm tough choice. Anything to get people to buy gems, right ANET=)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dispari.3980

Dispari.3980

Hey be thankful! We Rangers got NOTHING!.

A dev posted not long ago stating that they had several ranger tweaks planned soon and explained why they can’t update every class every patch. I suspect it’s the same for necromancer. Game development just doesn’t fit the “now now now” that players would like it to.

in Necromancer

Josher.9612

“Now, now now” with meaningless bugs and tweaks is pushing it. Non working traits or fubar trait lines, or weapon skills that don’t do what they claim, SHOULD BE now, now, now….if ANET cared.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dispari.3980

Dispari.3980

“Now, now now” with meaningless bugs and tweaks is pushing it. Non working traits or fubar trait lines, or weapon skills that don’t do what they claim, SHOULD BE now, now, now….if ANET cared.

If only caring translated into manpower, the world would be a much better place.

in Necromancer

Josher.9612

If only caring translated into manpower, the world would be a much better place.

Don’t make a MMO if you don’t have the manpower to fix essentially simple bugs within 2 months. They spent all their time lately on Halloween, which is essentially temporary content. You think people will care in December about what happened in Oct? But if I’m still looking at the same trait tree that seemed like it was put together by throwing darts at a board blindfolded, that’s incompetence, not a lack of manpower. Axe is mostly a useless weapon. How hard would it be to add X% of damage to make it more viable? A few lines of code to change a %.

It also doesn’t take much manpower to acknowledge the bugs as actual bugs or tell us we’re all crazy. It certainly took them NO TIME to say, “learn how to DS”, because apparently that solves everything=)

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

As someone that has played the kitten out of the Necromancer, I’d much rather they put out successful new content when it is deemed necessary. It is much better for the long-term success of the game. Bugs have been, and will continue, to be fixed.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

hackks.3687

Don’t make a MMO if you don’t have the manpower to fix essentially simple bugs within 2 months. They spent all their time lately on Halloween, which is essentially temporary content. You think people will care in December about what happened in Oct? But if I’m still looking at the same trait tree that seemed like it was put together by throwing darts at a board blindfolded, that’s incompetence, not a lack of manpower. Axe is mostly a useless weapon. How hard would it be to add X% of damage to make it more viable? A few lines of code to change a %.

It also doesn’t take much manpower to acknowledge the bugs as actual bugs or tell us we’re all crazy. It certainly took them NO TIME to say, “learn how to DS”, because apparently that solves everything=)

if I were a Dev I wouldn’t respond to you either. in fact, I might spend my coffee breaks deleting your posts and hacking your in game account just to mess with your traits/runes/dyes/whatnot. then I’d invest in Kleenex and be set for life because I’d be certain you’ll go through boxes of the stuff on a daily basis with all the crying you do.

seriously dude. there are a lot bugs. they are not always simple to fix. be patient, fixes will come.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rizach.4852

Rizach.4852

@Josher:
“A few lines of code to change a %.”

Yes this would be that easy… It’s not a untyped highlevel code that flood memory like mad. Every change takes ALOT of time and testing, even changing “a few lines of code”. I can image that some of the bugg-fixes can take 40-50 hours to even produce an unstable branch.

in Necromancer

Josher.9612

@ hackks

And you’d be fired, or at least that’s what I do to one of my employees that would disrespect a customer. With customers like you NOTHING would ever get fixed, because why should they fix anything? You’re so patient. You’re so amazingly pleased with the product. Companies LOOOVE customers like you who easily forgive faults. Its like taking candy from a baby.

If changing the percentage damage of 1 skill breaks other skills, the code is bad and sloppy. Sorry. That separates the great coders from the amateurs. Amateurs don’t design with forethought. Hear it all the time. And if takes 5 hours, so be it. Thats the job. Get it done.

Criticism isn’t crying, by the way, but I can understand how certain people who lack experience would think that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

It is the lack of meaningful feedback that aggravates a community more than anything else. We have posted hundreds of detailed posts but have gotten little feedback or directional statements from ANet which would allow us to get a handle on our favorite class’s bug fixes. All we need is SOME…ANY…meaningful feedback on the major bug issues.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I would’ve rather recieved nothing in this patch and a red response to placate us as opposed to what we got. =p

in Necromancer

QSpec.4298

So speak with your dollar (sadly the only speech that seems to matter anymore).

Refuse to purchase gems until we receive a direct response.

Roll a new class and only pvp with that so stats are skewed against Necros.

Quit playing until you see changes.

Hell, there are tons of things that we can do.

As for me, I quit playing. It just stopped being fun. I don’t have 4 people with whom I can regularly get on and tPvP. I have just enough time to learn sPvP. It isn’t fun playing vs 8 thieves, 4 mesmers, 2 guardians and 2 whatever off-toon someone decided to play that day.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

It is the lack of meaningful feedback that aggravates a community more than anything else. We have posted hundreds of detailed posts but have gotten little feedback or directional statements from ANet which would allow us to get a handle on our favorite class’s bug fixes. All we need is SOME…ANY…meaningful feedback on the major bug issues.

Yeah what this guy says.

If they said something like, “yes we know necro is awful in terms of trait/weapon/utility/mechanic, and there is a rework planned” I would be happy. Or even some comment about planning to fix bugs.

necro just feels boring and lacking in power and range of playstyles. not the most boring class, i’ll give it that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gibbly.5480

Gibbly.5480

I was playing tournies last night and I can tell you our bugs are even worse now, fighting a guardian 1v1 not only did my corrupt boon get blocked but so did both of my fears; even when aegis was not up the fear just would not work. I don’t know what Anet is doing but it sure would be nice to hear from the dev team like all the other class forums gets to. Clearly this patch has done nothing but make the bugs worse for us.

Gibbly [JFK] – Condition Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/GibblyGaming
http://www.twitch.tv/giibbly

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Honestly i am wondering if i am doing more damage with down #1 than with dagger #1 since the patch.