Happy about the patch

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

I would like to thank you for giving necromancer a chance to finally shine.

Thank you

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Thank you

Hope they don’t nerf us too fast.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

If you look at it there’s nothing really that strong to nerf right now. I’ve come to this conclusion after seeing how thieves continue to spam evades and stealth and like it took 5 people to focus down an engineer while he kited us around half the map and was immune to conditions kind of. Other stuff has been ridiculous in this game for a long time and will still continue to be, our core problems aren’t really solved, the slow cast times for example is still annoying against dodge spammers.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Are we really shining?

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Ugh compared to pre-patch I feel very overpowered. I dont know yet thakittens true but it feels like too much.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

We will get nerf I can tell it will be very soon. It is out of control like frankly I think we are the Fotm at the moment.

Pineapples

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Poplolita.2638

Ugh compared to pre-patch I feel very overpowered. I dont know yet thakittens true but it feels like too much.

You are not the only one. I do also feel a little bit over the top atm. Having been one of the worst at almost everything including attrition is probably the reason why we’re having this akward feeling though.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

The part I hate the most is when entering Spvp is seeing a necro trash talking calling ppl noobs, l2p not realizing that yesterday they weren’t using that tone.

Pineapples

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

The part I hate the most is when entering Spvp is seeing a necro trash talking calling ppl noobs, l2p not realizing that yesterday they weren’t using that tone.

Yes they were. Doesn’t matter what class you play, if you’re an kitten you’ll always be an kitten .

Compared to post patch, I’m feeling a bit OP aside from my precious Spectral Wall not being what I was using it for. Not sure why exactly, but I’m sure it will pass and we’ll be back at the bottom of the barrel once everyone learns what builds are amazing and which ones are just viable.

I don’t think we’ll be where we are feeling we are for very long. I could be wrong though.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

I’m pretty happy about it too. However, I really hope they fix Death Nova. I’m hoping it’s some kind of bug, but it’kittenting for way too much damage at the moment. Somewhere around 2k+. It’s making Minion Master builds harder to counter because you’re heavily punished whether or not you kill the Necromancer’s minions. The counter is supposed to be that you have enough AoE damage to spike the minions down and ruin the Necro’s setup, but instead you just kill yourself. Bone Minions spike so hard and you don’t even need Berserker gear. You can use Soldier’s. You’ll hit for something like 4-5k on one Putrid Explosion.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Im really enjoying this patch. Thank you, Arenanet.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’m not happy about it. Even ignoring the Dhuumfire(Which I’m still against) this didn’t fix any of our problems in PvE.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skaelman.9526

Skaelman.9526

Thank you

How can you be happy ! except from the new ds skill." torment "
why did they had to reduce 50% cd on deathshroud to 30%
my build where based on how much and fast i could go in and out of DS.

every1 cant be happy. but thats the 1 thing they didnt have to change.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

VERY, VERY happy. I have been playing a axe/focus necro for months and although wells and “heal on life transfer” were nice in helping out the zerg I always felt useless in both PvE and solo roaming. Now it doesn’t take all day to defeat anything and roaming although still tough against thieves (especially packs of em) can be done if you’re careful.

Don’t get me wrong though some changes were kinda flaky, like the aforementioned recharge on DS, but now I just have to relearn to wait 10 seconds again because I don’t bother with it anymore. All in all I can finally hit hard enough to not fall asleep between battles and for that alone I am a happy camper.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: JonasV.4209

JonasV.4209

I haven’t played in a few months, but my main has been a necro since headstart. When I read about the revamp I started playing again last week. After the patch today I have to say I am pretty darn happy with the changes. Now I can understand that some people might not be due to a few abilities that got nerfed/tweaked, but overall I think this will open up a lot more build diversity.

My necro is a power/well build and the changes to DS are a real boon IMO. I moved some points around and am currently doing 0/10/10/20/30 (might move 10 out of Death and into Blood) and with the Death Perception I have over 95% crit in DS. LB and LT basically always crit and so do my well ticks. With the increased Lifeforce generation and removing the LB scaling I can actually afford to stay in DS longer and not feel like a drain, add to that the decreases on well cooldown… yeah I’m a happy camper.

I’ll be sticking around for a while I think. Going to try and do some fractals and maybe even some sPvP. Looking forward to it, thanks ANet for giving us a revamp.

~ Tarnished Coast ~ Sylvari Necromancer ~

(edited by JonasV.4209)

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Ya this patch makes me feel like I am playing a real class and not a jokes one. Time will tell if we are overpowered but it doesn’t feel like it, just feels like we are good now instead of trash.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I never understood why ppl smash talked the necro pre patch. I am playing almost exclusivly WvW and am smashing ppl into the ground as I did before with my necro. No real change for me, except DS#5 is awesome and double dmg from fear through duration increase. Sending ppl over a cliff also got a bit easier now^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ormiga.6183

Ormiga.6183

Absolutely love the patch from a spvp perspective. I never felt like a free kill or underpowered pre patch, but with this new patch and the addition of torment my Necro feels godlike now.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Agreed, thank you. Loving Spectral Wall now!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yendorion.2381

Yendorion.2381

I realize I’ve been vocal in criticizing the Necro problems which really needed to be addressed, and in all fairness I should be equally vocal about how glad I am Arenanet address our concerns as a profession, I spent a good deal of time (and gold xD) in testing the changes and man I am so happy!!!

Finally over are the days when my heart used to sink watching my Necro shelved there, the patch certainly gave us then we expected and really put us at par with other professions. Perhaps improvements may still need to be done but on the profession really got there where it deserves.

So my heartfelt thank you Arenanet!

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Necromancer damage is a lot better because it actually sticks in PvE and PvP situations, even as a condition build in PvE since the damage relies less on bleeds.

But I think it balances out because necromancer survivability is still the worst. Life force generation was barely buffed for condition builds, and it still requires proper play and timing, at least with Feast of Corruption.

In fact, the biggest survivability buffs came through weakness, which is now incredible. The upside is that also gives necromancers a much-needed niche in PvP and PvE groups.

Overall, I think necromancers are in the perfect spot after this patch.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: ilmau.9781

ilmau.9781

yeah, thanks anet, necro really the best outta here

[Hell] Kresh Bloodghast
Seafarer’s Rest Alliance Leader – www.pevepe.net/gw2

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Any too strong/weak values can, should, and will be adjusted.

What i would like to thank Arenanet for,
is the new DS mechanic based on range. Its simpler, allows better control for you and the opponent.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vukovic.9320

Vukovic.9320

I’ve always wanted a Necro since before release.
Before the patch I was mucking around with builds in the mists, but what is everyone so excited about?

What were the best things the patch did for you guys?

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

It’s very nice to finally get a big patch.
Grabbed a new shiny axe and it worked out good in dungeon. :-)
Faster projectiles very nice! Faster wells, also nice!
Having a ‘brake stun’ & 1sec stability. Ohhh yes! (40sec CD nice)
Better LifeForce gen, helps heaps.

Things this patch not so good:
Vamp. All Healing Power gear for +6 heals is still very far behind/still kinda useless.
Dhuumfire. Should be in Curse’s being crit & condition.

Dagger Mastery + Quickening Thirst. Consolidate and run speed to 25% not 15%.
Staff Mastery + Greater Marks. Consolidate.

Spite – Master: Spiteful Marks + Training of the Master + Axe Traning. Would love all 3 in the same spec.

Stuff that still drives me NUTS:

Transforms getting interrupted, going on full multi-min CD.
Can’t res people in Death Shroud/Litch Form.

Would love to see: Some fix/work around about not getting heals in DeathShroud. (Others wasting heals on me)
Vamp… I’d soooo love to be a evil life sucking evil one.

(edited by Bweaty.9187)

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Having a ‘brake stun’ & 1sec stability. Ohhh yes! (40sec CD nice)

^ this alone made me happy and made me stop trolling Anet for 1 day.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

It’s absolutely necessary to nerf necros… way too OP.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iceflame.5024

Iceflame.5024

It’s absolutely necessary to nerf necros… way too OP.

What makes you say that?

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

I’m not happy about it. Even ignoring the Dhuumfire(Which I’m still against) this didn’t fix any of our problems in PvE.

Stop, Dhuumfire is a awesome name (the effect really doesnt matter, you know what they say about gameplay and story)
But its not pve that really matters, we are still the same badasses that can solo most dungeons without direct exploits with how DS works on jumps and our aoe, problem is we still get dogpiled into haggis in pvp, unlike warriors who can now go without and peeler/special protection.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Stop, Dhuumfire is a awesome name (the effect really doesnt matter, you know what they say about gameplay and story)
But its not pve that really matters, we are still the same badasses that can solo most dungeons without direct exploits with how DS works on jumps and our aoe, problem is we still get dogpiled into haggis in pvp, unlike warriors who can now go without and peeler/special protection.

If you can solo most dungeons on a necromancer, or any profession for that matter, then I have to tip my hat off to you. I’ve never been able to do that, and even with the update I still don’t want to bring my necromancer to any dungeon what so ever. And the changes really have only pushed me into shelving the necromancer. it isn’t what it used to be and is more frustrating for me to play and deal with.

Dhuumfire is only one of many problems I have with the profession and this update was pretty much a slap in the face. The necromancer did get better, don’t get me wrong. Arena Net also added torment which is an old mechanic returning from the first game, so they seem to be acknowledging they at least have a past. However, this is too little too late for me. The necromancer is a dead profession and I see no reason to take them with me in PvE.

The small flavor of Dhuum fire being impossible to make a good build using spite and death magic with it is a cute touch. but thats all it is.

Maybe The memory of the necromancer will be resurrected if arena net ever decides to bring the ritualist back for GW2. But I doubt that will happen.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: psygate.5632

psygate.5632

If you can solo most dungeons on a necromancer, or any profession for that matter, then I have to tip my hat off to you. I’ve never been able to do that, and even with the update I still don’t want to bring my necromancer to any dungeon what so ever. And the changes really have only pushed me into shelving the necromancer. it isn’t what it used to be and is more frustrating for me to play and deal with.

Dhuumfire is only one of many problems I have with the profession and this update was pretty much a slap in the face. The necromancer did get better, don’t get me wrong. Arena Net also added torment which is an old mechanic returning from the first game, so they seem to be acknowledging they at least have a past. However, this is too little too late for me. The necromancer is a dead profession and I see no reason to take them with me in PvE.

The small flavor of Dhuum fire being impossible to make a good build using spite and death magic with it is a cute touch. but thats all it is.

Maybe The memory of the necromancer will be resurrected if arena net ever decides to bring the ritualist back for GW2. But I doubt that will happen.

Many people are pleased with the current state and have adapted to it. If you cannot or do not want to play with it, please, change profession. There are others that work well too. PvE is really not our biggest concern. You can PvE basically naked with just your healing skill.
This aside, if you think like this about the necromancer, please, shelf him. Leave him alone. Many people like the changes, and many people value what is happening. More people have picked up the necromancer yesterday, because for once, we can do something. If you are not satisfied with the state, there are 5 other professions you may play. Or, alternatively, you could pick up one of the many playstiles we currently have.

On a side note: Dhuumfire is an awesome name. I happily give my soul to have it named that.

Nostalgyus-Necromancer (Kodash)

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

PvE will not be fixed until they change mechanics, period. Without destroying the flavor of our class, we will not be needed (and the best choice) until they revamp mechanics to not be so favoring of mechanics we don’t have, and so discouraging of our mechanics. It has nothing to do with our mechanics, because we are fine, it is just our mechanics are not the ideal when compared to the “trinity” that does have those mechanics.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Many people are pleased with the current state and have adapted to it. If you cannot or do not want to play with it, please, change profession. There are others that work well too. PvE is really not our biggest concern. You can PvE basically naked with just your healing skill.
This aside, if you think like this about the necromancer, please, shelf him. Leave him alone. Many people like the changes, and many people value what is happening. More people have picked up the necromancer yesterday, because for once, we can do something. If you are not satisfied with the state, there are 5 other professions you may play. Or, alternatively, you could pick up one of the many playstiles we currently have.

On a side note: Dhuumfire is an awesome name. I happily give my soul to have it named that.

Again you make claims that I can’t believe. Make a video of you running dungeons naked, by yourself and complete them. Then I’ll believe that you can do it. Until then, I can’t take what you have to say seriously.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

PvE will not be fixed until they change mechanics, period. Without destroying the flavor of our class, we will not be needed (and the best choice) until they revamp mechanics to not be so favoring of mechanics we don’t have, and so discouraging of our mechanics. It has nothing to do with our mechanics, because we are fine, it is just our mechanics are not the ideal when compared to the “trinity” that does have those mechanics.

If Arena Net was to make the enemy AI closer to the AI of the NPCs that you test builds on in the mists and give them stunbreaks, then the common strategy in PvE would no longer be effective. Personally, I’m all for a change like that in dungeons against small groups of enemies or even a few bosses. This would promote an alternative style of play that would require players to think more and work together to get the mobs down. If this change was put into place, I could see a necromancer using torment as a real advantage against them. With this I could see a decent place for the necromancer. Arena Net used to give NPC mobs in GW1 player builds that might work together in PvE. I would like to see them do the same in GW2. As unlikely as that may be.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

psygate.5632

Again you make claims that I can’t believe. Make a video of you running dungeons naked, by yourself and complete them. Then I’ll believe that you can do it. Until then, I can’t take what you have to say seriously.

I don’t think soloing means what you think it means. But here you go.
Arah Path 3 Solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kziEjoTqMQI
Twilight F/U Solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiBD67dcKa8
Twilight U Solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BAtxd1oOuk
On soloing Arah: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zxlpz/necro_soloing_arah_explorable_mode_necro/

Want me to continue? Just because you can’t do it, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. A necromancer can do solo runs of PvE dungeons.

If Arena Net was to make the enemy AI closer to the AI of the NPCs that you test builds on in the mists and give them stunbreaks, then the common strategy in PvE would no longer be effective. Personally, I’m all for a change like that in dungeons against small groups of enemies or even a few bosses. This would promote an alternative style of play that would require players to think more and work together to get the mobs down. If this change was put into place, I could see a necromancer using torment as a real advantage against them. With this I could see a decent place for the necromancer. Arena Net used to give NPC mobs in GW1 player builds that might work together in PvE. I would like to see them do the same in GW2. As unlikely as that may be.

I concur on this one. If Anet hadn’t pumped out the game so fast, and implemented a proper AI for PvE events and stuff, we could work with conditions and CC. But atm champions and such just live off of defiance and insanely stong attacks. It’s quite a simple AI. Acquire target, go there, smakitten with all you’ve got. But to keep it that simple, the CC part has to be gotten rid off. A boss has mostly 1-2 skills which he uses. Determining when to use stun breakers and conditions cleanses and such was just never put in there. That is why we got the “no CC on champs” part.

I would LOVE to have a chance to use proper CC on bosses. But with the current ones, it’s just something you can’t do.

(edited by psygate.5632)

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There are a lot of ways they could fix it, and in some ways they have been making it better with the new PvE content. Karka actually really encouraged conditions, and the new Aetherblade instance’s bosses are much more about learning the mechanics and playing to those, than it is about “how quick can we DPS this”.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

I’m sort of sad. Was looking forward to trying out a cavalier’s set with deathly perception, but to my surprise you have to live and breath fractals to maybe get 2 items for your profession.

Well the fact that I got something new to eventually try out is pretty nice.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Happy? I haven’t been so excited and happy since… wait, I haven’t been so excited and happy ever (speaking of GW2).

The GW2 necro destroy all my excitement about this game (along with all the bugs) and the game developer ignoring us was disheartening but now with this boost (as I said before, we aren’t OP, we just finally have more weapons to fight), the fixes (minions finally work) and some other details (the right-click fix, the AoE loot) I’m finally willing (and happy) to support this game once again.

As soon as I have some money, I’m going to buy gems right away (something I refused to do for a long time)

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

On soloing Arah: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zxlpz/necro_soloing_arah_explorable_mode_necro/

Want me to continue? Just because you can’t do it, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. A necromancer can do solo runs of PvE dungeons.

I said do it naked. lol.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

psygate.5632

I said do it naked. lol.

That is a kittened restriction. Lol. Why should anyone run it naked, if we can do it solo. Lol.

Please stop playing necromancer if you don’t like it. Noone forces you to do it.
Also, our discussion ends here. It’s come to the point where you start to restrict evidence that we are playable by imposing ridiculous and kittened desriptions. Only because you can’t solo lupicus naked doesn’t mean our class is broken in any way. Either you come up with an argument that doesn’t involve such arbitrarily picked restrictions, or the discussion ends here. Lol.

(edited by psygate.5632)

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

That is a kittened restriction. Lol. Why should anyone run it naked, if we can do it solo. Lol.

Please stop playing necromancer if you don’t like it. Noone forces you to do it.
Also, our discussion ends here. It’s come to the point where you start to restrict evidence that we are playable by imposing ridiculous and kittened desriptions. Only because you can’t solo lupicus naked doesn’t mean our class is broken in any way. Either you come up with an argument that doesn’t involve such arbitrarily picked restrictions, or the discussion ends here. Lol.

uh huh.

You can PvE basically naked with just your healing skill.

You words not mine. I’m not making up arbitrarily picked restrictions, you said you could.

And besides. We agreed on something else. So thats good. We will never agree on the state of the necromancer and we both have good reasons for feeling the way we do. I’m a very old fan of the series. And as such, I came to guild wars seeking the roll I once played in GW1. And I haven’t gotten that roll. I have a right to be upset about it, especially seeing as its no where to be found on any profession let alone the one it was originally designed with. If I want to protect, heal, DPS or even control, I have professions I can do that on. Granted the healing and protection are no where near as good as they where in GW1, but I can at least do them.

You have your reasons. I have mine.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

No, they didn’t. They claimed they could solo dungeons. You disagreed. They claimed PvE was so easy you could do it naked. They didn’t claim that you could run dungeons naked. Two different messages, two different claims, if you read them.

And yes, I see people PvE’ing naked every day. It’s a sub-game for some people. And yes, Necros can solo some dungeons — not naked, of course — though I’ve not done so well when I tried. (Though I also don’t have any Legendary gear, either.)

Necros are fine. Someone, perhaps you, said there’s no need to have a Necro in a dungeon. Um, there’s no “need” for any profession in a dungeon. Some make it easier by allowing you to bypass content, some can speed up trash, some are better for bosses, but not taking a Necro because they’re “not needed” is nonsensical.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

No, they didn’t. They claimed they could solo dungeons. You disagreed. They claimed PvE was so easy you could do it naked. They didn’t claim that you could run dungeons naked. Two different messages, two different claims, if you read them.

And yes, I see people PvE’ing naked every day. It’s a sub-game for some people. And yes, Necros can solo some dungeons — not naked, of course — though I’ve not done so well when I tried. (Though I also don’t have any Legendary gear, either.)

Necros are fine. Someone, perhaps you, said there’s no need to have a Necro in a dungeon. Um, there’s no “need” for any profession in a dungeon. Some make it easier by allowing you to bypass content, some can speed up trash, some are better for bosses, but not taking a Necro because they’re “not needed” is nonsensical.

if someone makes a sweeping generalization about something, I’m going to point out every possible aspect of that sweeping generalization. When they say PvE, I’m going to think they mean every aspect of PvE. Not just the over world. So this includes story, over world, dungeons, fractals, events and mini games. If they are referring to a specific thing then they should point that out specifically. It isn’t my fault I misunderstood what he was talking about when he made such a broad statement. He just claimed I was making arbitrary circumstances to it when it was he who decided that he would generalize his statement.

You can’t just say “Well of course they aren’t talking about dungeons!” because neither you nor I can possibly know that for sure. Be more specific, because without specifying what you mean, you cause these conflicts.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Poplolita.2638

if someone makes a sweeping generalization about something, I’m going to point out every possible aspect of that sweeping generalization. When they say PvE, I’m going to think they mean every aspect of PvE. Not just the over world. So this includes story, over world, dungeons, fractals, events and mini games. If they are referring to a specific thing then they should point that out specifically. It isn’t my fault I misunderstood what he was talking about when he made such a broad statement. He just claimed I was making arbitrary circumstances to it when it was he who decided that he would generalize his statement.

You can’t just say “Well of course they aren’t talking about dungeons!” because neither you nor I can possibly know that for sure. Be more specific, because without specifying what you mean, you cause these conflicts.

Lily, I found a thread that might probably interest you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Please-nerf-necro-s/page/5#post2310444

One of the posters suggested to remove terror, and spectral wall fear, and keep burning to ton down necromancer damage a bit. I’m sure you’ll disagree with it as you were against adding burn condition to the necromancer in the first place. And also, fear and terror were in necromancer arsenal since guild wars 2 release whereas burning was a condition added 3 days ago.

I think it will be interesting to have a player like you voicing your opinion.
*Sorry for my english, it’s my second language.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Druitt.7629

When they say PvE, I’m going to think they mean every aspect of PvE. Not just the over world. So this includes story, over world, dungeons, fractals, events and mini games.

People usually differentiate between “PvE”, “dungeons”, “Fractals”, “PvP”, and “WvW”. Your broad interpretation is pure arrogance on your part — where you immediately assumed they were saying something stupid and obviously impossible. The rest of us knew what they meant.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

After a few days of play… Im actually supper happy!

Stuff that they didn’t mention or I didn’t notice in patch notes.

1/3rd downed, and transforms going on full CD. Seems to be fixed :-))

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

When they say PvE, I’m going to think they mean every aspect of PvE. Not just the over world. So this includes story, over world, dungeons, fractals, events and mini games.

People usually differentiate between “PvE”, “dungeons”, “Fractals”, “PvP”, and “WvW”. Your broad interpretation is pure arrogance on your part — where you immediately assumed they were saying something stupid and obviously impossible. The rest of us knew what they meant.

I’m an aspy none of this stuff is obvious to me. Their assumption that “Everyone gets it” is honestly kinda a kitten move. And I don’t. I’ve never heard anyone talk about PvE without including dungeons, fractals, and the overworld. So yes, it sounds stupid to me. This is the first time I’ve ever heard anyone talk like PvE is separate from Dungeons. Even though it isn’t and its a poor assumption that everyone is going to understand this.

The rest of you, being neurotypical. I never understood the indirect approach you guys have with conversations, and honestly its aggravating because you guys make these broad statements that’s meaning could change greatly depending on who you are talking to and then claim that everyone gets it.

Dungeons are a part of PvE. So they are included in discussion about PvE. If he would have said “You can basically go naked in the overworld” One, I would agree with him and two I would have pointed out that the rest of the game shouldn’t be balanced based on something that was designed for casual play. Two, that doesn’t sound as impressive and although the overworld is the physically largest part of PvE, it isn’t most of PvE. Dungeons play a big part of end game and so do guild events. More so then the overworld.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

You and the guy you seem to defend so much sure like to put everyone and their crippled grama in same kettle. Don’t lump people together and claim you have a knowledge and authority to speak for everyone.
Simple fact: if you can do something in the least amount of time with 4 warriors + mesmer that means exactly that. Least amount. There is no place for a necro because frankly you can neither tank/heal or dps as well as other classes.

Also… kitten don’t link someone else doing something and then come out of the closet with grandiose claims about how easy everything is and you can do it naked blah blah blah. Then get anally tight when someone points out flaws in your non-existent logic.

Corrupt boon was nerfed to the the ground. All claims about beefing minions hp, while it would make absolutely no difference in dungeons anyway, still didn’t happen. Vampiric traits are still a sad joke while eles healing sigil generates about … hmm… 4-5 times more… oh and it scales with healing.
Mobility is still not present in this class. Dots are treated like a bad rash and a good chunk of damage stats do nothing for it. While physical damage is the king. It has no caps it scales with everything.

Was there anything good in that patch? Sure. Did it make necro better… maybe for some. Not for me… and do not assume for me because I neither share your sentiment on the subject nor frankly give a kitten about your kittened logic in the first place. Necro is now even less of a necro then it was before patch. It has barely anything left in that still says necromancer and not “HAI ir generic ranged fireworks dps class”. Anet set lore for their necromancers then kitten ed on it from a high hill. Good or bad isn’t the point.. its not what they advertised, even if individuals that do care about lore choose to ignore the blatant disregard to everything.

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Druitt.7629

You and the guy you seem to defend so much sure like to put everyone and their crippled grama in same kettle.

No, I was simply pointing out that it was the other person who lumped several separate posts into one and lumped a bunch of different aspects of the game into one and claimed that someone else was saying something that they weren’t.

Simple fact: if you can do something in the least amount of time with 4 warriors + mesmer that means exactly that. Least amount. There is no place for a necro because frankly you can neither tank/heal or dps as well as other classes.

First, “least amount” requires a context. If it takes 35 minutes to clear someplace with 4 warriors and a mesmer, and 36 minutes to do it with a Necro included, most people won’t care. (Not saying these numbers are correct, just illustrating a point: “least amount” needs a scale to be truly meaningful.) Second, it assumes that you place min-maxing above all else, including friendships, challenges, creativity, etc. Some of us don’t. Third, you’re not accounting for player skill, profession synergies, or any of a host of things that make that magical combination more of an opinion than any kind of fact.

Also… kitten don’t link someone else doing something and then come out of the closet with grandiose claims about how easy everything is and you can do it naked blah blah blah. Then get anally tight when someone points out flaws in your non-existent logic.

You’re confusing people here. I provided no links. The person who did provide a link provided it to back one of their claims, which the other person completely took out of context. As I said, I’ve tried to solo dungeons and failed pretty miserably.

Was there anything good in that patch? Sure. Did it make necro better… maybe for some. Not for me… and do not assume for me because I neither share your sentiment on the subject nor frankly give a kitten about your kittened logic in the first place

I didn’t say a thing about HiSaZul and whatever opinion you have. I don’t care about your opinion, since it’s obviously extreme and you’re a pretty touchy fellow. Necros were nicely improved, period. There are areas that still need attention (minion masters, stability, etc), but this whole kitten -on-everything attitude makes no sense.

Anet set lore for their necromancers then kitten ed on it from a high hill. Good or bad isn’t the point.. its not what they advertised, even if individuals that do care about lore choose to ignore the blatant disregard to everything.

Sounds like roleplaying is important to you. Great. I take the flavor of the profession as what it is, and Necro is the most interesting profession in the game, in my opinion. Sorry that the drawings you put up on your wall when you read about Necros doesn’t match what Necros are.

(edited by Druitt.7629)

Happy about the patch

in Necromancer

Posted by: Towelie.4637

Towelie.4637

Why would we be happy… Now all the player that was playing the mesmer because it was op, are all on the necro saying kitten to people…

I hope we get nerf so they all gonna get on another class.