How Good Is Cleric?

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Full Cleric necro Dagger+Dagger / Axe+Focus, thoughts?

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

That having Healing Power on a profession where only Regeneration benefits from it is a complete waste.

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: In It To Win It.2315

In It To Win It.2315

A very good roaming spec.

I’m In It To Win It.

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

That having Healing Power on a profession where only Regeneration benefits from it is a complete waste.

Consume Conditions (both values) and Signet of the Locust both scale with HP.

Taste of Death and Deathly Invigoration also scale with HP and Regeneration can be perma-spammed on Necro too.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

It also benefits life siphon and the dedicated healing spells. (It also boosts Deathly Invigoration but we don’t talk about Deathly Invigoration.)

Overall, it depends on how much regeneration you can apply, and to how many people.

Edit: How long did I have this tab open? Completely missed Ascii’s post. But yeah, Signet of the Locust is another good one. You can actually get a lot of healing out of a build with high healing power, bloodthirst, dagger 2 and signet of the locust. (Plus a dedicated heal of your choice.)

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

The video is pretty old and the necro’s ennemi aren’t really lively. I don’t think what he did could be viable now. The meta is more focused on high paced fight with tons of cc to slow down your opponent and gain the upperhand with a higher pace. I was dying to see the necromancer using focus 5 to strip boon a little…
As a Necromancer I don’t think healing power will really help you in a D/D – A/F setup. When leveling (8 month ago already…) i tried Healing power but it’s not worse the investment. Not for solo player at least. And they never ever buff this aspect.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

It doesn’t seem like dagger+dagger/axe+focus is going to supply much regen, aside from Focus4. Regen should be over 300/sec with cleric, and so would provide roughly 3.1-3.5k of healing every 10 sec….if one can keep the regen up.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

sorrow.2364

Consume Conditions (both values) and Signet of the Locust both scale with HP.

Taste of Death and Deathly Invigoration also scale with HP and Regeneration can be perma-spammed on Necro too.

It’s not new that Healing skills scale with healing power, but it doesn’t mean that it is worth having a lot of healing power just for those skills.

Regeneration alone isn’t that much to justify 1000+ healing power, while Deathly Invigoration is bad also with full healing power.
Signet of Locus has its recharge time too long to be considered worthy as an heal.

At the end of the day, there is a reason of why no Necro runs with healing power or Blood Magic.

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Slagburst.5304

Slagburst.5304

At the end of the day, there is a reason of why no Necro runs with healing power or Blood Magic.

I do quite well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrSTrxZPZSU

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

I do quite well.

Healing Power is one thing, but no Necromancers run Blood Magic? I’m not quite sure what your on but i want some of it.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Blood magic and its first twenty points have plenty of great choices. The reason people don’t generally run 20 points into blood magic (or more), is because 20-30 points in curses is very good, 30 points in spite is nearly mandatory in any heavy zerker DPS build, and 20-30 points in the DS tree for master of terror or just the crit damage stats for a power build.

Oh and the stupid greater marks trait that is can’t live without. I can tell you right now in my build I would run 20 points in blood if I could drop 10 points from the minion tree and still have marks large enough to cover the hitbox of a critter.

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Cleric is a decent set on Necro, especially if you really play to it. It isn’t like other sets, where you get a ton of really small heals to benefit from the healing power, but WoB and Consume Conditions can both exceed 10k healing. Also, with Blood Magic traiting, you can have a WoB on revive, and we pretty easily get 100% regen uptime. Its more about huge healing with your 6 skill, and then some intermittent healing.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mistermoo.6720

mistermoo.6720

I use full cleric armor with rabid crests and knight’s jewelry (working on making that all-stats jewelry). Between Reaper’s Scythe, Mark of Blood and Full of Life (Blood Magic 5) I can have basically 100% regeneration uptime while I’m out of Death Shroud, so healing power is very potent.

However, don’t confuse healing power’s effectiveness with why cleric’s is good. Cleric’s is good because of toughness + hp. It’s the most effective gear for increasing your effective healing per second because each point of hp gained from your heals is more efficient from toughness.

It’s very solid for WvW and any solo PvE content, but very weak for speed clearing dungeons.

If you like feeling unkillable and don’t mind very low single-target DPS, it’s a great choice.

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Slagburst.5304

Slagburst.5304

AH not sure how to do quotes yet, was quoting on someone’s post who has I guess deleted it lol, oh well, but yeah 20 points into blood is kinda fun even without full healing power.

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

My general problem with cleric and healing focused builds around necro are just that other classes do it way better and way more effectively. Conditions are something I feel we corner the market on (with engineers). But healing/sustain?

Guardian, ele, mesmer, ranger, engineer are all head and shoulders above what we can do in clerics. Doesn’t seem viable to me for that reason.

WOB is strong, but that is the only selling point. Works better in SPVP from what I understand, but I have a hard time making use of it while I am ponged around in wvw. Building around it just seems like a bad plan.

I will take clerics and my mesmer any day, where I can easily fend off 2-3 people indefinitely. If they are not paying attention to the confusion and retal, even drop them.

How Good Is Cleric?

in Necromancer

sorrow.2364

I do quite well.

Well, 416 Healing Power with food buff and full ascended gear in WvWvW isn’t really a proof of how Healing Power is worth taking.
You can have your gear fully focused on power and scepter/staff and still doing good in WvWvW.