I didn't want to say this...

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

but looking at all the negative posts in this forum…
I want to tell you necros:

You guys need to L2P = learn to play.

I was crying in every thread myself over how OP thieves and mesmers and LB rangers are not too long ago.
But then I started to learn to play and realized that necros are already very strong and can hold their own against any class.
Sure, we get some drawbacks here and there, but learn to do the right things, minimize the wrong things, and your chances of winning a fight improves drastically.

A few days ago I downed a dragon finisher d/d + sb thief with my necro in WvW. I did it in a few exchanges of moves.

We traded a couple of hits, him using sb 3 and me using scepter 1 then he went invis. I counted 1.5 seconds and dodged. shortly after I saw a miss sign appearing. I immediately dodged again and saw another miss sign.

My double dodge made him blow 2 of his engage and his stealth ended without landing a hit on me.

I immediately entered shroud and shroud 3 him followed by shroud 5, left shroud and landed a few scepter 1s on him.

He got binded by my shroud 5 and I immediately swapped to staff and casted staff 5 on him. But I missed because he used his rollback heal skill.

I forgot how the rest of the fight went, but it ended very quickly and I won without breaking a sweat.

All I can say is, learn to play and you will not need to complain about this trait bad or that skill bad or this class more OP than necro or that build leaves necro helpless.

We are already very strong and as I mentioned in my other post here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Insight-Once-in-10-thousand-years/first#post5152120

The build diversity that has opened up to us is mouth-wateringly good.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ashur.6403

Ashur.6403

This has got to be the most hilarious post I have ever read. Thanks for the laugh.

Dark Lord Sutekh – Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Looks like the devs found their new yes man.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Players everywhere need to l2p.

Why do you always mention dragon finisher players like it matters? You can lose or afk your way to dragon rank. It’s meaningless.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I think you really should try out all the professions yourself at some point ,as a necromancer main….especially since you are quite friendly in every other class subforum.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

1) D/D is not even in top 3 thief builds
2) Dragon rank means nothing
3) In wvw where lifeforce can be full at start of duel
4) Nobody argues necro is weak 1v1, its ok but its horrible in teamfights under focus fire.
5) Im assuming you were condi, thieves dont have that much removal.

L2P? Please, a good player will do better on other classes cause necro has a low skill criling because of slow combat and lack of jukes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

Eremite if you aren’t going to contribute anything noteworthy to the forum please just never post here thanks

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Guyyyzzz, Necro is OP, we just can’t use DS!
Learn To Use Death Shroud!
Even an Anet Dev said it!

Keep in mind that some professions are harder to master than others. I believe Necro is the hardest, opinions may vary, but just keep this in mind. No we arent ignoring Necro, but once people start mastering DS, I’m afraid of how strong Necro will be. Give it some time for the average player to learn these things. For example early on in LOL master yi was dominant until people learned how to counter him.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

One day I see you crying on every profession subforum, other you tell us that Necromancer is incredibly weak and the next day you argue that Necromancer changes are amazing and we all need to L2P.

Idk, pick some side or have your own opinion.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

tl dr: There was a thief. You used the necro-exclusive feature “dodge” and kicked his butt with auto attacks. Ergo: necro op, l2p.

Guys! Put away your pitchforks and torches, it seems we’re solid afterall.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DEATHsCLAW.1978

DEATHsCLAW.1978

necro is strong in1v1, I play a lot of pvp and thieves arent too hard to counter (yes a few amazing thieves still win but an average one has no chance)

but then there is the other side; movement thieves can simply port themselves anywhere while Anet doesnt even allow us a perma swiftness uptime or any movement skills besides Reapershroud#2
then there was mentioned groupfights.. in any fight over 3v3 the necro simply lays in 5s bc of the lack of movement or escape and the fact that any heal he gets while in DS is simply wasted..

so now what do you pick for your team? a fast moving finisher or a slow1v1 beast who dies in any group fight?

(edited by DEATHsCLAW.1978)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charblaze.6958

Charblaze.6958

So what? I’ve beaten many thieves just by placing staff marks under my feet and auto attacking while they are CC by fear. I didn’t even have to dodge or use death shroud. This just shows that thieves are weak to conditions and many players are bad at playing it.

Please show us the proper use of DS in a group fight.

in Necromancer

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

This post is brought to by sheer ignorance.

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

in Necromancer

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

You beat a bad thief build with a condi necro on a game that isn’t balanced for 1v1s.

Grats bro.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

necro is strong in1v1, I play a lot of pvp and thieves arent too hard to counter (yes a few amazing thieves still win but an average one has no chance)

but then there is the other side; movement thieves can simply port themselves anywhere while Anet doesnt even allow us a perma swiftness uptime or any movement skills besides Reapershroud#2
then there was mentioned groupfights.. in any fight over 3v3 the necro simply lays in 5s bc of the lack of movement or escape and the fact that any heal he gets while in DS is simply wasted..

so now what do you pick for your team? a fast moving finisher or a slow1v1 beast who dies in any group fight?

Necros can have perma swiftness. Warhorn 5 plus spectral walk and they don’t even need to be traited.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sketch.3658

Sketch.3658

Thank you for telling us to L2P and then only talking about holding our own 1v1, an unsupported game mode. That’s not insulting at all.

Now explain why we’re so awesome that we are not wanted in PVE/Dungeons/Fractals. Sure we do ok and are tolerated, but thats hardly the same thing as desired now is it? Explain why Boss fights that are trivial for 7 other classes are so much harder for us? Explain how you stay up in a team fight versus people who are focusing the necro first because we have no escapes. Tell me about all our awesome party support that makes us so unique and desirable we are wanted in all gamemodes. Tell me how skillful positioning makes up for our lack of /low access to vigour, block, evade, invulnerable, aegis, protection, blinks, stealth, distortion, leaps, charges, fire fields, water fields, static fields, smoke fields, auras, blasts, finishers, projectile reflect, projectile block, Oh and stability. I don’t know about you but sometimes I like to just stand there and be the ball when warriors decide to use me to play Golf. FORE!

Because if its all a L2P issue then i really want to know.

Or you could tell us another story of how you killed the only thief in wvw, who did not know how to use one of his six billion disengages to get away. The only game mode where we are actually wanted.

I didnt want to say this but it looks like you are suffering from confirmation bias and inflated ego, that has blinded you to our problems because they dont affect you personally. This is a L2p issue.

(edited by Sketch.3658)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Ya know it’s funny the other night I was in WvW running back to my zerg and got pounced by a d/p thief and a d/d ele. Killed em both after a nice drawn out fight. A few minutes later, still on way back to zerg, got jumped by a mesmer/ranger combo. Got owned in about 10 seconds. I guess I forgot how to play in those 2 minutes. /sarcasm off

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

Honestly Im okay with almost all changes to necromancer. HOWEVER – Im not okay with having the only heal in the game in which punishes you severely if you use it. If you trait for it, it’ll give you two conditions instead of one. Meaning either you blow a condi cleanse in a bad situation [I.E a Power Ranger stacking vuln on you right after your heal] Or you use a skill that transfers the condition to protect yourself. So you mean I have to use two skills to actively heal so I don’t die? I just think its funny that we have so many topics about this and not one Dev can give us an answer as to WHY they made this change.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

He is trolling us right ?

Since when is 1v1 representative of necro balance issues ?

Ps : play with condi necro vs shout bow i’d like to see how that’s going to end :p

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

He is trolling us right ?

Since when is 1v1 representative of necro balance issues ?

Ps : play with condi necro vs shout bow i’d like to see how that’s going to end :p

O.. O, let me answer this one.

Will you will end up with a dead necro that looks like a porcupine?