I feel like a raid boss

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m only rank 8 in PvP so I’m sure this is mostly because I’m a scrub fighting other scrubs, but holy Grenth on a cupcake does Reaper feel good in PvP! I hopped into a Stronghold match (because it looks like there’s finally an sPvP mode I might actually like) and had just a ridiculous amount of survivability while still finding it possible to kill people who bothered to stick around. I eventually ended up fighting 4 people at once (and killing 2 of them) and then leading the survivors on a chase halfway across the map before finally biting it at my own base door.

Anyway. Just thought I’d share that.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Foes never learn they rather complain. What did you just do…?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m… not sure I understand the question. Rephrase?

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

Your scenario implies that you fought bad players, they will probably complain instead of finding out what they did wrong. It’s quite funny because I’ve killed reapers solo on my necro. Complaining does nothing but being an ex main thief-ish I hate the wrong kind of complaints.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Matt Stacey.7415

Matt Stacey.7415

Your scenario implies that you fought bad players, they will probably complain instead of finding out what they did wrong. It’s quite funny because I’ve killed reapers solo on my necro. Complaining does nothing but being an ex main thief-ish I hate the wrong kind of complaints.

He is having fun playing reaper, why must you cast a negative shadow over it?

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

He is having fun playing reaper, why must you cast a negative shadow over it?

Sorry flashbacks…

The Dhuumfire thread

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Grenth on a cupcake. xD

This thread made me wanna play a reaper

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

I wasn’t complaining! I just had a fun game and felt like sharing it.

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

I wasn’t complaining! I just had a fun game and felt like sharing it.

Not you lol the ones you killed will.

The Dhuumfire thread

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Reaper definitely gives a raid-boss feeling, its a lot of fun, and I don’t feel it is unbalanced because it still feels “fair” with our lack of other mechanics. It is really good design, we are extremely strong in the things we are strong at, but with defined and exploitable weaknesses.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Not you lol the ones you killed will.

Maybe, maybe not. I can’t be bothered to worry about newbie PvPers maybe complaining about a spec on release day. The meta will settle down over the next few weeks and it’ll become more obvious how to deal with Reapers. We’re not a pubstomper profession.

Reaper definitely gives a raid-boss feeling, its a lot of fun, and I don’t feel it is unbalanced because it still feels “fair” with our lack of other mechanics. It is really good design, we are extremely strong in the things we are strong at, but with defined and exploitable weaknesses.

Yeah, it feels very bruiser-y and has a lot of potential, but my kills were all very slow. Against opponents who controlled the pacing better (or who ignored me altogether and focused on objectives), I would’ve had a much harder time.

We might still need nerfs, we might not, I dunno. In any case, we don’t feel OP to play so I doubt any nerfs would be too bad. Who knows, maybe Blood will even get buffed so we can justify taking it!

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Using new sigil of speed for super quick RS#5 or gravediggers is also ace. 2s quickness goes very far on weapon swap.

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

I got around to taking my Reaper into Stronghold again last night (I’ve been busy ping-ponging around new and old content for the last week) and wanted to mention that I had pretty much the same experience as before: raid-boss-level difficulty to kill. I ended the match 10-0, even though I went after the enemy lord by myself near the end while also being attacked by several enemy players. Completely batty.

Weirdly enough, the only member of the enemy team who gave me any trouble at all was a base Necromancer. He couldn’t kill me (I basically never dropped below 50% health) but he was surprisingly difficult to catch.

Needless to say, I’m looking forward to grinding out the precursor PvP tokens (the name escapes me) much more than I was before.

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

I got around to taking my Reaper into Stronghold again last night (I’ve been busy ping-ponging around new and old content for the last week) and wanted to mention that I had pretty much the same experience as before: raid-boss-level difficulty to kill. I ended the match 10-0, even though I went after the enemy lord by myself near the end while also being attacked by several enemy players. Completely batty.

Weirdly enough, the only member of the enemy team who gave me any trouble at all was a base Necromancer. He couldn’t kill me (I basically never dropped below 50% health) but he was surprisingly difficult to catch.

Needless to say, I’m looking forward to grinding out the precursor PvP tokens (the name escapes me) much more than I was before.

Shards of Glory, I believe. Also, what build are you using? I’m very curious as a tanky reaper myself

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: mattmd.8162

mattmd.8162

I feel like the skeletal lich boss in the halloween labyrinth. Summon minions, siphon life, cleave cleave cleave.

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Blaine Tog.8304

Shards of Glory, I believe. Also, what build are you using? I’m very curious as a tanky reaper myself

Yes, Shards of Glory! Thanks!

Here’s roughly what I’ve used so far: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3YnMbCtbilbCebC0bilaBLeLOGPjUjh5QZAqrFAmBA-TJRBwAlLDQd/BNPBAAXEAA

Nothing all that revolutionary, just lots of shenanigans. Axe/Dagger is probably a mistake considering how much other condi removal I have; Axe/Warhorn is probably a much better idea since I don’t have any Swiftness access at the moment and Warhorn 4 would be a really good way to stop stomps. Though I really like the idea of having some extra Chill from Focus.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Yes, Shards of Glory! Thanks!

Here’s roughly what I’ve used so far: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3YnMbCtbilbCebC0bilaBLeLOGPjUjh5QZAqrFAmBA-TJRBwAlLDQd/BNPBAAXEAA

Nothing all that revolutionary, just lots of shenanigans. Axe/Dagger is probably a mistake considering how much other condi removal I have; Axe/Warhorn is probably a much better idea since I don’t have any Swiftness access at the moment and Warhorn 4 would be a really good way to stop stomps. Though I really like the idea of having some extra Chill from Focus.

That’s pretty similar to my build, except I take DM instead of Spite and a few other traits are changed, as well as Staff instead of Axe/Dagger. Also Scrapper runes. I find that, as long as you don’t get completely swamped by a minion master and his allies, you do well. Though i will admit that lf generation can be a problem at times

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

I feel like a raid boss

in Necromancer

Posted by: halcyonforever.6028

halcyonforever.6028

I have found playing GS to be very
“oh look, your dead…”
or
“oh look I’m dead…”

My previous build was much more “nah nah, you can’t kill me” (lots of life steal, health, armor, reduce damage). With greatsword it seems if I can ambush at all, my opponent is toast, if they keep me at range it is difficult. If I get a small group that can focus fire, I go squish, if I get a small group that doesn’t focus fire, they go squish.