[Idea] Spectral walk needs SUPERSPEED.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Hello.
Given the powercreep and limited out of jail cards necros have, id suggest the utility spectral walk having superspeed for its duration.

Theres been ideas of it having a port and THEN you can use the walk thing, but i think that the devs dont love us enough for that. Superspeed would make sense thematically as well as being quite effective in realistic pvp.

It would allow for fast repositioning after a focus fire, which usually requires dodges or landing a transfer just to clear the soft cc.

Please vote for superspeed at next big reddit post where devs actually listen.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

would be pretty sweeet, might actually get used again.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think Superspeed is a bit much.

If I were to add anything to Spectral Walk, I would probably give it “while under the effects of Spectral Walk, ignore Crippled, Chilled and Immobilized”.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

Maybe increase the duration of Spectral Walk? Or a bigger time window to allow us to return to the point of use? Or maybe don’t actually burn the spectral walk once you return once, creating the possibility of multiple port backs.

Just throwing some extra ideas here.

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If I were to add anything to Spectral Walk, I would probably give it “while under the effects of Spectral Walk, ignore Crippled, Chilled and Immobilized”.

Either that or removal + immunity to those three while under its effects. Much like how Utility Goggles on Engineer makes you immune to Blind for its duration.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i think superspeed during and after spectral walk is an excellent idea as the first step in the right direction. Anet should stop already with the slow monster theme, it has proven itself to not work in this game so many times now. the combat is too fast-paced.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This is a good idea. I love get superspeed from engis. It would fit the theme of the skill too.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

This AND Superspeed.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Necromancer

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

+1
15 characters

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I doubt Anet would ever give us superspeed (atleast for core necro) since we are supposed to be the “slow” class. So i think we should go with something more realistic.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

I doubt Anet would ever give us superspeed (atleast for core necro) since we are supposed to be the “slow” class. So i think we should go with something more realistic.

But we shouldn’t be slow anymore, thats the problem with the class and why it’s so terrible in all aspects of the game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

superspeed would be cool. swiftness is redundant with warhorn/rune/food/party buffs.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

I get what youre saying but we gotta push them from their wrong path. They sometimes surprise us like when we randomly got corrupts on an autoattack.

So id push for a simple addition of existing effect, rather than each individual having rework or new mechanics ideas.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I get what youre saying but we gotta push them from their wrong path. They sometimes surprise us like when we randomly got corrupts on an autoattack.

So id push for a simple addition of existing effect, rather than each individual having rework or new mechanics ideas.

Well a corrupt on an autoattack is more in line with Anets theme for necros though…

I mean giving superspeed to necros is like giving chill to warriors.

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

Well a corrupt on an autoattack is more in line with Anets theme for necros though…

everyone should have a little of everything

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

i really dont get the hate.

We are meant to be hard to get away from. It is an evasive defensive get out of here type stunbreak utility. To follow the powercreep,
(yes theres also more cripple and chill condies even guards which were forbidden snares have huge cripples now) ,
it is simply buffing the skill but keeping its purpose identical to original design.

it fits thematically 100%
balance wise its up to htem if we get 3 seconds or the full duration.
Keep in mind this is not reflection and protection which other have other their SSpeeds so youd still get hit hard.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

I seriously though about it, but i only wrote it as a parody post once.

I SERIOUSLY BELIEVE GRATSWORD #2 GRAVEDIGGER “COULD” EASILY HAVE SUPERSPEED ON IT. AAAND AN EVADE.

Basically im looking at the counterplay optons and reward for landing the skill:
- use dodge to evade
- invuln
- block – 50/50 cz our anti-block isnt instant like warriors
- interupt – lots of random CC todays for a 1.25s cast teamfight ability
- blind/aegis – ahh the rnadom blind block, surely it only happens 0.00001% of times
- walk out of range – how does a melee reaper fight against getting kited by everything?

Bassically i kinda cant see a fight deciding big hit having walking as a valid HARDCOUNTER. I want the ability to FORCE a dodge. IT WILL HAVE SAME EFFECTIVE RANGE AS WARRIOR gs F2, just actually having a clear tell.

and it heals necro for 200hp no 5.000, man that added effect Joke aside, you see where im aiming at? you have 2-3 usualy 4x rotations where you can EASILY dodge the big hit, but by then stuff should start dying someday.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Its a clear buff of a few 100 range vs swiftness only,

but mostly its for repositioning vs powercreeped snares.
You still take damage.
You still cant do damage to others, which are perma evading for ex.

The wish for instant wurm and base shroud #2 target port so we can climb ledges is what is meant to stay a wish.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Also focus should be reworked to give an invuln on one of the skills imo

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.