Introducing the conditionmancer (tutorial)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

After 4 days without internet… pipes exploding in the walls and other real life complications… i give you… the “conditionmancer” (i apologize for the delays). I also want to thank you guys for your continuous support and appreciation. Without further ado…. here it is

Guild Wars 2 – Introducing the conditionmancer (tutorial)

This video includes building up the conditionmancer – weapons, stats, items, skills, utilities, traits and an example of it’s effectiveness… i think you guys will be pleased with this one…

As always… all of these explained in detail with the reasoning behind each decision.

FINAL STATS:

“???” Attack – irrelevant
1710 Condition damage
133% Bleeding duration
50% Critical strike chance
2603 Armor
~ 21,822 Health
——
+ the ability to support your party while doing maximum damage
+ high passive healing

If i missed anything or if you have any questions feel free to comment here, on in the comment section on youtube.

PS: this build is important because the gear/items used in this PvE build will be used in the WvW dedicated build as well. The traits and one utility will be all that will change in the upcoming build… so stay tuned.

Enjoy

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

(edited by Nemesis.8593)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Psynocide.4965

Psynocide.4965

Strikingly similar to my own independent build.
However, I’ve traited 0/30/20/20/0 as the staff is quite good in conjunction with a sceptre/dagger if you need a quick burst of conditions and the traits you can obtain in the death magic tree for staves are brilliant. Also, I find the health siphons to be lackluster to say the least.
I would argue that, even though bleed duration is paramount, it’s not worth sacrificing that extra condition damage from a full set of afflicted/undead runes, as such I use a sigil of agony in my off-hand – total 45% passive bleed duration + 40% from nourishment + 33% from sceptre passive = 118% with 127 more condition damage – having put the corruption stacking sigil in my staff.

Still, a good guide for budding necromancers that are looking for an alternative.

That other Psy guy

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Very instructive video, as always. I was wondering about crit chance in this build. Since it is used to proc (such as Barbed Precision), it seemed to me that going higher than 50% would just improve that proc rate linearly and so also improve DPS linearly. Does this make sense?

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Very instructive video, as always. I was wondering about crit chance in this build. Since it is used to proc (such as Barbed Precision), it seemed to me that going higher than 50% would just improve that proc rate linearly and so also improve DPS linearly. Does this make sense?

For Barbed Precision it should, but not for the Bleed Sigil, which is actually the much better proc, but which you are going to start getting diminishing returns from the 2 second cooldown if you are critting constantly.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

For Barbed Precision it should, but not for the Bleed Sigil, which is actually the much better proc, but which you are going to start getting diminishing returns from the 2 second cooldown if you are critting constantly.

Ah yes, ICDs…good point. Thanks.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Philfy.8925

Philfy.8925

Can this be achieved with gear available in the trading post?

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

Maximum damage comes from a combination of conditions and power. Pure conditions is a self imposed nerf.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Psynocide.4965

Psynocide.4965

Maximum damage comes from a combination of conditions and power. Pure conditions is a self imposed nerf.

Not really.

That other Psy guy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sidewinder.2047

Sidewinder.2047

I think Nemesis meant condition damage when he says “…while doing maximum damage”- it maximizes the potential for condition damage while providing party support and passive healing.
Oh, he knows about the condition-power hybrid. He posted “The ultimate necromancer dmg-hybrid(tutorial)”.

(edited by Sidewinder.2047)

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

I think Nemesis meant condition damage when he says “…while doing maximum damage”- it maximizes the potential for condition damage while providing party support and passive healing.
Oh, he knows about the condition-power hybrid. He posted “The ultimate necromancer dmg-hybrid(tutorial)”.

Oh I know. I post for people those masses of lurkers that might see the forums once a month.

@otherguy

yarly

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Ah yes, ICDs…good point. Thanks.

Exactly.

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I think you PMed me and i already answered you. In any case, i have yet to see an armor set with precision, toughness, condition damage on the trading post. I have also spend some time on guild wars 2 DB/wiki with no success. There is a 1% chance that i simply missed it, but i don’t think so.

The earnings, necklace, rings and weapons can be found on the trading post, but the armor set not so much.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Sometimes people like to play conditions only, and since damage isn’t everything… the amount of extra damage you lose is compensated by the high survivability + party support. Some people find that trade off more then worth it.

But for people that like to go full on damage, i have the hybrid build made already, on youtube… it is my favorite as well.

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

A… didn’t saw you wrote this until a few seconds later, yeah exactly…

in Necromancer

Posted by: ummaner.5016

ummaner.5016

Hi Nemesis,

I was wondering if you considered the Rune of the Undead instead of the Three Dual -Runes you use in this build. In my theory, you’ll have +100% Duration Bleed ‘only’ but kill stuff quicker no (because you gain +20% DPS on ALL condition you apply)?

If my calculation is correct, having +45% Duration Bleed on only your own bleed seems less effective than having +400 Condition Dommage from the rune ? Im missing something ?

Of course on a dungeon or on a heavy life mob and on a solo point of view your choice is better. But in a group fight or in McM, Epidemic will benefit more by the Rune of the Undead because you don’t need to put the condition yourself (or have time to do so) on the target to gain the benefit of Epidemic.

Can I have your opinion please ?

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I have updated the video’s description to include the new best in slot items that have been recently released, and i also included a cheap alternative until you can acquire those items…

ps: better links this time, some of the old ones weren’t working anymore…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Nemesis, do you have any comments on a chillomancer build for less damage but more group support? I found I can keep chill up almost continuously with some cheap runes while swapping weapons and using chill-on-blind but have no recorded dungeon runs, yet. Theoretically, chilling a group of mobs and using Epidemic on them can reduce incoming damage for everyone without having to handicap a conditionmancer build too much but I have no data to support it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I think you PMed me and i already answered you. In any case, i have yet to see an armor set with precision, toughness, condition damage on the trading post. I have also spend some time on guild wars 2 DB/wiki with no success. There is a 1% chance that i simply missed it, but i don’t think so.

The earnings, necklace, rings and weapons can be found on the trading post, but the armor set not so much.

Khilbron’s armor is Condition, Precision, Toughness and can be bought on the TP for anywhere from 5g-15g a piece

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot