Invincible Reaper Build? (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gexim.3289

Gexim.3289

So after the updates details were released I thought I could theorycraft on some fun Reaper build for PvE. I know its still too soon to start doing this but the Reaper has some great synergy with the new traits so far…

Most of the build is working around Blighter’s Boon (Gain lifeforce when you gain a boon. If you are in Reaper Shroud, gain health instead. Healing:133 Life Force: 1%). Each autoattack in Reaper will grant us 1 might stack for 15seconds (Reaper’s Might), for each foe under 50% we hit another 2 stacks for 10seconds (Siphoned Power), if that foe is chilled another 1stack for 5seconds per foe(Chilling Force). So we are easly looking at 10 might stacks PER attack if we cleave 3 foes (1st and 2nd chain in AA) and 16 stacks PER third hit… Each stack of might we get will heal us from Blighter’s Boon, so that’s easily 1.3-1.8k healing per attack. And we’ll get 3%-5% lifeforce for each attack on a chilled pack. We’ll be able to very easily stay in Reaper Shroud continiously. So when we are out of Reaper Shroud we’ll generate life force like a machine, and inside Reaper Shroud we’ll heal up our health quickly while sustaining life force.

Traits that make this possible:
- Blighter’s Boon: Gain lifeforce when you gain a boon. If you are in Reaper Shroud, gain health instead.
- Reaper’s Might: Shroud skill 1 grants 1 stack of might for 15 seconds.
-Siphoned Power: Striking a foe below 50% health grants 2 stacks for might for 10 seconds. (1s ICD)
- Chilling Force: Striking a chilled foe grants might and life force.

I have a feeling strenght runes will makes this build really good.

It doesn’t stop there. Let’s have a look at out vuln stacking capabilities:
Each time we inflict chill, we’ll also put 3 stacks vuln. And as a reaper we have a kitten load of chills. The #5 skill in Reaper leaves a ice field that pulses 5 times, so thats 15 vuln right of the bat. Combined with Chilling Nova, each time we crit we AOE spread chill, that happens 3 times each 10 seconds so thats another 9 AOE vuln stacks. Our autoattack in Reaper puts 2 stacks per hit for 10 seconds from Unyielding Blast. When wielding a GS we even have chill on autoattack for outside Reaper Shroud.

Traits that make this possible:
- Bitter Chill: Inflicting chill on a foe also inflicts 3 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds.
- Chilling Nova: Critical hits against chilled foes causes an explosion that chills adjacent foes. Cannot occur more than three times within ten seconds.
- Unyielding Blast: Shroud skill 1 pierces an inflicts 2 stacks of vulnerability for 10 seconds to targets it hits. Increased number of targets pierced to 5 from 4.

This all together would make us possible to maintaint 25 personal might and 25 vuln with just autoattacking… And with 50% extra crit chance in Reaper Shroud we’ll end up at 100% critital chance in Reaper

10% extra damage against vulnerable foes
20% extra damage to foes below 50%
5% extra damage above 50% life force
7% extra damage from strenght runes?

15% less damage from chilled foes

EDIT: The build itself: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgQB_AVoBqQ~

(edited by Gexim.3289)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shad.6835

Shad.6835

I like this idea a lot! I’ve been trying to make something similar lately. My question is what gear/runes/sigils would you think would work best with this? Would it be typical zerker gear or would you have something else in mind?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

While still strong you are a little off on the spite minor. It has a 1sec icd not a 1sec icd per opponent so you would only get 2 might max per swing no matter how many guys you cleave.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

While still strong you are a little off on the spite minor. It has a 1sec icd not a 1sec icd per opponent so you would only get 2 might max per swing no matter how many guys you cleave.

The reaper auto still takes over 2s and will still have 3 attacks so one auto chain will give you a ax of 7 stacks of might. Having maximum might after a few auto chains is immense. Its also even faster if you make use of chilling force.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

I’m really, really hoping this build will be useful.

By that I mean that this build provides for itself most things that organized dungeon groups provide to max DPS. If open world PvE is of the kind of difficulty where builds need a little more thought to effectively roam the open world, this build should be amazing for soloing stuff and whatnot.

Unfortunately, its more likely that the group support options of other classes will make half the trait investment pointless and the ease of PvE will make it pointless on the other end because you could be traiting for better mobility/ranged tagging power instead. :P

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

Ah yes I have missed that, but still thats 2 might stacks each second which is nice.

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

I like this idea a lot! I’ve been trying to make something similar lately. My question is what gear/runes/sigils would you think would work best with this? Would it be typical zerker gear or would you have something else in mind?

Standard zerker gear would work great I think, kicking up crit chance to 100% in Reaper Shroud. Then any on crit sigil would be good, maybe strength sigil for even more might, life force and healing? Combine that with maybe force for another 7% damage modifier. Or even sigil of ice, to proc a chill and then spread that with chilling nova since in Reaper youbonly have chill on the 5 skill. And keeping chill up is key for even more might stacks and life fore. Strenght runes are the way to go, 45% might duration and 7% damage.

Whats really cool about this is the insane life force generation. With great sword which has a 6 times hitting attack you could be filling life force with that one skill… And once in Reaper Shroud you will habe enough sustain to keep in it forever.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shad.6835

Shad.6835

Standard zerker gear would work great I think, kicking up crit chance to 100% in Reaper Shroud. Then any on crit sigil would be good, maybe strength sigil for even more might, life force and healing? Combine that with maybe force for another 7% damage modifier. Or even sigil of ice, to proc a chill and then spread that with chilling nova since in Reaper youbonly have chill on the 5 skill. And keeping chill up is key for even more might stacks and life fore. Strenght runes are the way to go, 45% might duration and 7% damage.

Whats really cool about this is the insane life force generation. With great sword which has a 6 times hitting attack you could be filling life force with that one skill… And once in Reaper Shroud you will habe enough sustain to keep in it forever.

This seems like it’ll be pretty fun to play. The sigils I’m sure can be played with depending on play style. Force sigils and Strength runes, which both are actually 5% damage atm, seems to be the go to rune for this. I’m curious to what utility skills would be best as well as healing skill since Consume Conditions is going to be changed.

(edited by Shad.6835)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

Remember we don’t know will they change something in Reaper because of the mobility revamp and secondly there’s no date for the landing of Reaper. I just think that people should concentrate on maximizing the builds without reaper since it will be months before we can access it.

But on second note the build (if the traits stay the same) sounds awesome for some speed running.

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

I had some very fun combinations in mind which could be very potent.

- Suffer + Locust Swarm = 2.5% LF each pulse / foe → 5 foes = 125% LF from 2 skills
- Suffer + Death Spiral = 6% + 2% LF per foe → 3 foes = 24% LF
- Executioner’s Scythe (RS #5) + Soul Spiral (RS #4) = Ice Field + 11 hits on chilled foes → 55 hits on chilled foes = 55% LF + instant 25 might stacks = 55 * 133 healing = 7.3k heal

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

Remember we don’t know will they change something in Reaper because of the mobility revamp and secondly there’s no date for the landing of Reaper. I just think that people should concentrate on maximizing the builds without reaper since it will be months before we can access it.

But on second note the build (if the traits stay the same) sounds awesome for some speed running.

Yea that’s what I said in the OP, it probably is too soon to start theorycrafting but it’s surely looks potent.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

Yea that’s what I said in the OP, it probably is too soon to start theorycrafting but it’s surely looks potent.

Good work though

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

You mentioned the chilling nova for extra chill(so also extra vuln up) in the top post which is very nice. In addition to that though, assuming chilling force stays the same/similar it is also extra might stacks since chilling nova has dmg on it(and from what i saw with he reaper gameplay vids one fo the 3 targets struck is also ur main target you hit).

This mean if you chill 3 targets then hit all 3 of them with one auto you will get an extra 9 stacks of might(3 novas hitting 3 guys each=9 hits) as well from chilling force, on top of the other might you get just from the actual auto attack+reapers might and spite minor. So hitting 3 guys(one being below 50%) could give a possible total of 15 might from one auto swing. Granted it would be gated by the 10sec cd of chilling nova, but that is more than enough might in a short amount of time.

Even without a target below 50% to hit, you can lead off any fight with reaper 5 for aoe chill/any other source of aoe chill, then just enter rs auto to get 13+stacks of might within the first second or two of engagment.

(edited by Papish.5806)

in Necromancer

Posted by: malorios.5789

malorios.5789

Just a thought, but isn’t the Precision from Berserker’s not needed? 50% Crit from Death Perception, 50% Crit from Decimate Defenses.

Edit... didn’t see that Decimate Defenses was in the same tier as Chilling Force.

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

(edited by malorios.5789)

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

You mentioned the chilling nova for extra chill(so also extra vuln up) in the top post which is very nice. In addition to that though, assuming chilling force stays the same/similar it is also extra might stacks since chilling nova has dmg on it(and from what i saw with he reaper gameplay vids one fo the 3 targets struck is also ur main target you hit).

This mean if you chill 3 targets then hit all 3 of them with one auto you will get an extra 9 stacks of might(3 novas hitting 3 guys each=9 hits) as well from chilling force, on top of the other might you get just from the actual auto attack+reapers might and spite minor. So hitting 3 guys(one being below 50%) could give a possible total of 15 might from one auto swing. Granted it would be gated by the 10sec cd of chilling nova, but that is more than enough might in a short amount of time.

Even without a target below 50% to hit, you can lead off any fight with reaper 5 for aoe chill/any other source of aoe chill, then just enter rs auto to get 13+stacks of might within the first second or two of engagment.

Yes! I didn’t even thought about that Chilling Nova itself does damage… And another thing is that fear does chill too, so the #3 on RS is an PBAOE fear -> chill to start the chill spreading if you don’t have reaper #5 up. Or just run the chill shout, another AOE chill. And not to mention the new Elite: 14+ AOE chill… The CHill is real on this one

Maybe, if you want to make it totally redicoulous, you could drop the whole Spite Line and go into Blood Magic. Then you get 2 life siphons on each hit, and since life siphon does a little damage too it will proc the might on chills too… But you will lose too extra dmg imo from dropping Spite.

Might generation is insane with the traits right now… And since it combo’s so GOOD with blighter’s boon, we get huge sustain and LF gains from it while not losing in any damage.

You sir, you get the whole point